main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Lord of the Rings:The Fellowship of the Ring RPG

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by spacelady, Nov 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obiwankenobilover

obiwankenobilover Jedi Master star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Can I join??

I will play Arwen and Eowyn, you know their profile.

Name: Arwen Evenstar
    Race: Elf
    Bio: daughter to Elrond, granddaughter to Galadriel, lShe fell in love with Aragorn.

Name: Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
    Race: Human
    Bio: daughter of Eomund, Marshal of the Mark, who was lost to Orc attack when she was only a girl, mother Theodwyn sister to King Theoden, who succombed to grief to loss of her husband. Eowyn and her brother Eomer are raised by her uncle King Theoden.

I am going to work on another character here but if I can't decide on it I will play Arwen and Eowyn.

2. SecondBest

SecondBest Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 5, 2003
    Name: Gandalf the Grey
    Race: Wizard
    Bio: A grey wizard.

Sorry for my lack of a character sheet, but I have to go soon. 8-}

Another post brought to you by SecondBest :cool:

3. obiwankenobilover

Mar 15, 2003
    Just a note, when we done with the FOTR and go on to TTT I like to do Eowyn.

I am currently working on some characters.

4. JarJar120

JarJar120 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    NOTE: Frodo is like 100 somthing in the book...
    So, If you don't mind, could we stay more true to the book than what he looked in the movie...? Just a thought.
    Oh, and Gandalf is, Three hundrid lives of men. so he is realy realy old...
    any way, I LOVE LOTR, So I'll be Gimli.

Lets see..
    Name:Gimli
    Race:Dwarf
    Wepons: Three ax's
    Bio: Gimli is the stalwart fighter who is afraid of little, or, so he would say...

Name:Ring Raith, (name forgoten by time.)
    Sex:Male
    Race:eek:nce human
    Wepon:Sword, dagger
    Bio:A ring raith, second of the Nine.
    Rides a Horse and Fellbeast.

Seek for the Sword that was broken
    In Imladris it dwells;
    There shall be counsels taken
    Stronger than Morgul-spells.
    There shall be shown a token
    That Doom is near at hand,
    For Isildur's Bane shall waken,
    And the Halfling forth shall stand.

All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
    A light from the shadows shall spring;
    Renewed shall be blade that was broken:
    The crownless again shall be king.

5. drops_of_jupiter

drops_of_jupiter Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2002
    I would also like to have Faramir as one of my characters, because, well, Boromir does die rather early on...

Name: Faramir
    Race: Race
    Bio: The captain of Gondor, Faramir is the son of the steward of Minas Tirith. A loyal and brave warrior, Faramir is loved by all of his men.

6. Jango313

Jango313 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2002
    Then Smeagol will be my second character.

Name: Smeagol, or Gollum
    Race: Once a Hobbit.
    Bio: Smeagol found the Ring and it transformed him into a slimy creature. He had the Ring for a long time, then Bilbo took it. Gollum is looking for the Ring now. He will never stop.

7. DARTHMOM10

DARTHMOM10 Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    I haven't ever done an RPG before ... Hope this character hasn't been taken yet.

Name:Elrond of Rivendale
    Race: Half-Elven
    Bio: Born around 525 in Arvernien, Elrond is married to Celebrian, daughter of Celeborn and Galadriel. He was able to chose which race he wanted to belong to after the War of Wrath and instead of chosing to belong to the race of men, he chose to be Elvish. Elrond founded Rivendell (also known as Imladris) after Sauron's invasions in the Second Age. He granted refuge to the mother of Aragon and is "foster father" to him. His daughter, Arwen is in love with Aragon. Known for his great wisdom, he is keeper of the ring known as Vilya.

8. Bounty_Hunter_Boba

Bounty_Hunter_Boba Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 10, 2003
    I'm definetly going to join!

Name: Nevatar
    Race: Dark-Elf
    Bio: Abandoned at birth, he grew up in a home he did not know of, for he left to go to Middle-Earth. He did not see the " Light of Illuvitar, therefore he became a Dark-Elf. He works for both sides, right now working with Saruman's Uruk-Hai army, but is beginning to doubt Saruman......

I thought I'd add my weapons.

Weapons: Elven bow, Gondorian sword, ( got it off some dead soldier) Elven hunting knife

Now, you're probably all wondering where Tolkien mentioned a Dark-Elf. Tolkien mentioned them in The Silmarillion. The only thing about them is that they ".. did not see the Light of Illuvitar."
    We'll go by the Everquest description, where they all have grey skin.

9. TheSoulforged

TheSoulforged Jedi Youngling

Nov 20, 2003
    Are we ever going to start?

10. Gollum-Smeagol

Gollum-Smeagol Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2003
    Jango313: Can I take on you Gollum?

11. S_E_Skywalker

S_E_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2003
    OOO! Must...join... :p

Name: Aranel
    Race: Elf
    Hair: Long and blonde
    Eyes: Blue
    Bio: Aranel is an elf of Mirkwood, her mother's father being Legolas' father. She has lived in Mirkwood for her whole life, but would like to travel at some point.

12. JediMasterKitFisto

JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 27, 2002
    uh, the person that is playing as Aragorn got the age wrong, he is 87. That was bugging me ;) :p

Name: Eomer
    Bio: 18th King of Rohan, lived 2991 TA-63 FA, reigned 3019 TA-63 FA; son of Théodwyn and Éomund; nephew of Théoden

Éomer, whose father Éomund was the Marshal of the Eastfold of Rohan, lost his parents early in his life, and was taken into the personal care of King Théoden, along with his sister Éowyn. He and the slightly older son of the King, Théodred, soon became good friends, even though Gríma Wormtongue, counselor of Théoden, tried to convince the King that Éomer was only after the throne himself and would be a dangerous imposter to his son. These intrigues of Wormtongue made life for Éomer and his sister harder than it would have otherwise already been.

So, when Éomer became Third Marshal of the Riddermark already in 3017, he most often took his leave to hunt down the gathering enemies and orcs with his fellow soldiers far away from Edoras, where the King was sitting and being made to believe those very orcs were his allies. With the death of Théodred at the fords of the Isen, Éomer practically became the highest military leader of the Rohirrim, and the military head of command.

By the time members of the Fellowship of the Ring entered Rohan, Éomer's fate became intertwined with theirs: the sortie of Uruk-Hai from Isengard under the lead of Úgluk was surrounded by Éomer and his men, and wiped out entirely, giving the captives Merry and Pippin the chance to escape.

After that, they came across the three hunters Aragorn, Gimli and Legolas, who were pursuing the orcs as well, and like Aragorn seemed to perceive the valour of the towering and flaxen young Marshal, so Éomer proved his sense when he realized the noble honesty of Aragorn and the importance of his errand, when he aided him and gave them three spare horses from his éored.

For that, he was imprisoned back in Edoras at the command of Wormtongue, for disobeying the orders of the King. But when Gandalf the White came to Meduseld shortly after, and healed the King from the shadow that had passed over him, Éomer was freed, and Théoden acknowledged his actual loyalty to the King and to Rohan, and rode to defend Helm's Deep, where Éomer had the actual command.

Éomer drew his sword Gúthwine ('friend in battle') together with Aragorn both there in the victorious charge beyond the Deeping Wall, and later in the daring charge of his first éored into the Pelennor to turn the tide.

With his last words, the fallen Théoden named Éomer his successor there, and he started a new third line of Kings of the Mark.

After the downfall of Sauron, Éomer married Lothíriel, daughter of Imrahil of Dol Amroth, who, like King Elessar, was one with whom he had went throught the hardships of the War of the Ring and so had become friends. Though the reign of Éomer was peaceful and prosperous for Rohan, these three often went to war even beyond Rhûn and Harad to purge the last remnants of the armies of the Dark Lord, and bring peace to those wild countries.

His last days of life Éomer spent with his old friend from the Shire, Meriadoc Brandybuck, who was called Holdwine among the Rohirrim. When he died at the respectable age of 93, in the 63rd year of the Fourth Age, and started a new line of grave mounds in Edoras, Éomer, then known as Eadig, 'the happy', was succeeded by his son Elfwine, who was able to continue his father's good reign and was soon called the Fair.

Hope that's good enough :D

13. Jango313

Jango313 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2002
    OOC: Gollum-Smeagol, if you must, then fine. Instead, I'll be Merry.

Name: Meriadoc Brandy-Buck
    Race: Hobbit
    Bio: Merry set off with Frodo to Mordor. He is Frodo's cousin and good friend. In the Fellowship, he bears the sword of the Westernesse.

14. Mortimer_Nerdly

Mortimer_Nerdly Jedi Master star 5

Sep 19, 2002
    We have all nine main Fellowship Characters. I think we can start now. :)

"Now, where to begin?"

--Bilbo Baggins, LotR1

[]=====#[]<---------------- M_N! ----------------

15. Mortimer_Nerdly

Sep 19, 2002
    Just thouth I'd point out, Jango313, that Frodo is 50 when the Fellowship of the Ring starts. :)

16. JediMasterKitFisto

Aug 27, 2002
    Fodo is 50? he doesnt look 50...But then again Aragorn doesnt look 87 :p

17. Mortimer_Nerdly

Sep 19, 2002
    Read The Fellowship of the Ring again. Frodo IS 50 years old. The only reason Aragonr is 87 is because he is one of the Dúnedien (Did I spell that right?), Men blessed with long life.

18. JediMasterKitFisto

Aug 27, 2002
    thats interesting, Bilbo was about 50 when he went out with the dwarves in The Hobbit

19. Corran10584

Corran10584 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 8, 2002
    Speaking of that, who's going to be Bilbo??

~Corran

20. SecondBest

SecondBest Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 5, 2003
    Yeah, we need a Bilbo.

Another post brought to you by SecondBest :cool:

21. obiwankenobilover

Mar 15, 2003
    Question here. Are we going by the book? movie? making up as we go??

22. Corran10584

Corran10584 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 8, 2002
    I think that'll we'll try to follow the book/movie in the main points of the story, but since we've got some new characters, we'll get to make up a little as we go :)

~Corran

23. JediMasterKitFisto

Aug 27, 2002
    And I dont want to wait til TTT to join in :p

24. Gollum-Smeagol

Gollum-Smeagol Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2003
    We will replace what the film left out and not like chapter to chapter liek the novel.

25. The_Jesstar

The_Jesstar Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    Oooh! I wanted to be Eomer [face_love] ! Umm, okay then, since I can't be him, I'll be smitten with him!
    NOTE: This character won't come in untill TTT starts!

Name: Elspeth Innle
    Bio: Elpeth is a Maiden of Rohan, she was childhood friends with Eowyn and Eomer, and has been in love with him since as far back as she can remember, though she will never admit it. When her parents died when she was 13, Eomer's parents cared for her, and Eomer looked out for her as if she were his own sister. She is eternally grateful to him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.