main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The LOST Novel Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by LilyHobbitJedi, Feb 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    For those of us who've seen and love the incredible ABC show LOST, a novel series is just what we've been waiting for. The books don't center around the main characters, but on other castaways on flight 815. I personally think they enhance the expercience that Lost is. So far there are three known books, with hopefully much more.

LOST: Endangered Species

LOST: Secret Identity

LOST; Signs of Life (Coming soon)

This is the official description of the LOST novels from the publisher.

Lost, the television series, takes place on a remote South Pacific island, where a plane crash has left 48 survivors stranded. These novelizations will focus on survivors who are not main characters on the television show -- adding depth to the show, and also offering new and compelling stories and characters for Lost fans. These new characters will have original adventures rooted within the show?s continuity; they will cross with characters from the show, and even take a background role in major events seen on the show.

If anyone wants to chat about these cool new novels based off the most amazing show to hit the airwaves then come on in!

2. Andalite-Bandit

Andalite-Bandit Jedi Padawan star 6

Apr 25, 2005
    I am a major fan of Lost, but I am not going to read these books. My reason for this is that I can not regard the events that happen in the books to be real events within the Lost world. The actual writers of the show surely didn't come up with the plotlines. This Cathy whatshername just came up with the stories after the fact. Eh! Just doesn't sound too appealing to me.

3. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    To each his own I guess, I find them interesting but they aren't as exciting as the actual show.

4. ImperialMarchFace

ImperialMarchFace Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    I finished Secret Identity yesterday, it's the only Lost book I've ever read. It was good, nothing amazing. I wasn't expecting a show-caliber story, so I was entertained just playing around with the idea of this other story happening on the island while the main stuff was shown on the show.

***SPOILER***: I liked how Dexter never found out if Daisy was even on the plane or not. That was just a cool mysterious ending. I also liked how the book stayed with the show's format, alternating between the island and flashbacks.

Was Endangered Species good? How was it compared to Secret Identity? I'll probably read it eventually, Secret Identity was a quick, easy read.

5. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    I agree Secret Identity is good, but not spectacular. What I like best about the Lost novels is that they are a good distraction when you are wating for the next episode of the show. I haven't read Endangered Species yet, but I want to.

6. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    I read Endangered Species in an hour. It was ok but I decided not to waste my money and wait for the "strip" copies I can get for free.

7. -Courtney-

-Courtney- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 8, 2005
    I love LOST but now I just want to know what is going on because it is becoming so drawn out & who knows how long this show is going to go on for it could be another five years. Every time you think some thing have been explained that answer leads to another mystery & it goes on forever. But I guess that is also a reason I keep watching it & there is no shortage of eye candy either, yay for Sawyer!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.