main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Atlantic The Matrix Reloaded on a scale from 1 to 10

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by KitFist0, May 14, 2003.

?

The Matrix Reloaded on a scale from 1 to 10

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. I have seen it, I loved it. (8.5 to 10)

38.5%
  2. I have seen it, I liked it. (7 to 8.4)

19.2%
  3. I have seen it, and meh. (4 to 6.9)

11.5%
  4. I have seen it, and hated where's my money ? ? ? (1 to 3.9)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I haven't seen it, and going to see it when it comes out on DVD.

3.8%
  6. I haven't seen it, and I dont plan on seeing, and I'm indifferent about seeing it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I haven't seen it, and don't want to see it.

11.5%
  8. The Matrix is stupid.

3.8%
  9. Other

11.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
  2. KitFist0

Nov 10, 2001
    It was okay. Not as good as the first. Now you might be asking your yourself why Kit has seen a movie before it's out officially yet again, right ? I have one thing to say to those of you thinking that right now: I have connections. :cool:

3. DarthBabe

DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 18, 2002
    I haven't seen it and I don't want to. I wasted money renting the first one, why would I pay $7 to see the second one? Yes, I'm very bitter over this damn movie.

The only time I had planned on seeing the second one was with my fanforce. That is the only time. But the meeting was cancelled because we were all busy.

4. Az-Azzameen

Az-Azzameen Jedi Knight star 5

May 24, 2002
    LOL. The Matrix 1 was better than TPM and AOTC put together. :D

5. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    Nuh uh!

It's one of those movies that everybody said was awesome and would blow my mind away. And I believe them, then I saw it and it sucked a**! Another one that everyone said was awesome was Spiderman, that one was 10 times more worse than the Matrix.

6. Az-Azzameen

May 24, 2002
    Well, you know me. I like being controversial. The Matrix was excellent, and even Keanu Reeves 'acting abilities' put Portman to shame. :D Personally, I can't wait for Reloaded. Hopefully, it'll be a the new modern day sci-fi trilogy. ;)

7. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    See, the Matrix wouldn't be able to survive without all those high tech special effects. It seems pretty sad when a story needs special effects to work. :p

8. KitFist0

Nov 10, 2001
    What about Star Wars ? It needed special effects to be believeble.

9. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    I thought that Reloaded was better than the original Matrix, which earned a meh from me. While the action scenes in Reloaded went on way too long, they were still entertaining. I liked it in the same way I liked The Two Towers: a mindless action flick. It's about as deep as the kiddy pool, and the dialog makes George Lucas look like Shakespeare, but the action is some good.

10. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    Oh yeah...as if the special effects in the late 70's were helping at all.

11. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
  12. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Might see it next weekend ....

13. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    I have not seen it yet, and I do not know when I will get the chance to... :(

14. Az-Azzameen

May 24, 2002
    Oh yeah...as if the special effects in the late 70's were helping at all.

LOL. Yes, but I am... {caution: dirty word coming up) a 'classifist'. :p

I will be seeing Reloaded. And its sequel. And buying both more than likely. :D

15. Sar-Tamber-lac

Sar-Tamber-lac Jedi Master star 5

May 24, 2002
    It was pretty good, actually. I didn't like it as much as the first, and I can't wait to see the third, but it was pretty good.

Except the bedroom/dancing HOUR! I had my face hidden through most of that. teh gross.

16. Grand-Admiral_Stan

Grand-Admiral_Stan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2002
    i give it a 9 very well done

17. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Haven't seen it yet, but hope to soon.

18. DARTH_2002

DARTH_2002 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 11, 2000
    It was alright but the first one was allot better. kind of slow in parts but I think the 3rd one is going to be better I'm hoping anyway.

19. Izird

Izird Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    I said "other," because I really enjoyed the story's progression and the action. However, the movie was basically a sellout, which annoyed me a lot.

The reason the Matrix was so great (for me) is because it was totally contrary to pop culture stuff. However, Reloaded sold out to our friggin sex-driven culture, and I think that really deprived the film of its beauty.

I give it a [face_plain] and will not be buying it unless the third one redeems it.

20. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    There's a sex scene in it? That's it! I'm sold! Come on Derek, let's go see it! ;) J/K...

21. KitFist0

Nov 10, 2001
    I know it's like you see like a nude bum :D and like you get that rave scene were everyone is wearing see through :D I mean like I can't wait until I get it on DVD :D Then I'm going to put that chapter on loop forever.

22. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    That sounds pretty tame.

23. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Nudity & sex = selling out? Better not tell that to almost every artist and writer since the 17th century ...

24. Sar-Tamber-lac

Sar-Tamber-lac Jedi Master star 5

May 24, 2002
    Cool title, Derek...just noticed it. :)

And I do agree with Ryan. Something that's really been driving me crazy lately is how sex, in some form or another, is used to sell everything from cars (commericials and magazines) to shampoo (I mean, come on, who really finds that much pleasure in using a brand of shampoo on their hair??) to everything in between. It's highly annoying. And for the artists and everything since the 17th century, the reason people use sex to sell everything is because it's been made popular by such artists as time has gone on. It's like a message is being sent out that sex is the only way to grab people's attention and to make them look at your product, or your movie. There are better ways. And we wonder why everyone's minds are always in the gutter.

*calls for a ban on all art in all it's forms*

*waves goodbye to the boards* ;)

25. KitFist0

Nov 10, 2001
    As an artist I have to say that sex is a part of life. For some sex is a big influence on their life and their works. Aren't we all mammals ? We have urges to reproduce, it's only natural to want to reproduce and to think about sex. Denying those urges can cause psychological problems. To deny it is to deny your identity as a sexual being and your past. Those who ignore the past are doomed to repeat it. When you censure you destroy free speech. Free speech is an essential of our society and what the US government fought so hard to give the Iraqi. It seems very hypocritical to give other people free speech and take it away from others just because you don't like what they say. I agree with you that sex scene in The Matrix was pointless but censuring something is not the way. Education is the way, teach people to think critically, to reflect on what they see. I think that a lot of people of these boards need to learn how to do that. When you think critically you learn for yourself, which is shown in studies to be more powerful then when you are spoon feed what to think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.