main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO The Movie I Watched Last Night

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Kaety, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Kaety

Kaety Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    I doubt I will go see any movies any time soon...:(

I haven't really watched any either.

When we went out for our anniversary last week I had a friend come over to watch the kiddos. I had gone to the video store to rent a movie for her to watch and I spent a good half hour discussing the new releases with the video store guy trying to find one that was closest to PG for her to watch but wasn't stupid. She's not the kind for the Horror/Action/Drama or anything even remotely crude. So I rented Failure to Launch for her and a couple for the kids. Well, we go out to dinner and when we get home there is a new movie box on the kitchen counter with one of the girls Dvds lying on it. The new box was Deuce Bigelow European Gigolo. I about freaked out thinking the video guy had accidentally given it to my girls instead of their movie. Come to find out, the ultra-conservative sitter had rented it. Then she told me that it was so crude she turned it off about 10 minutes into it. My response...well, duh! :rolleyes:

2. MoD-Sith

MoD-Sith Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2003
    i just saw BeerFest with like 14 other friends, that movie was awesome, stupid drunk dudes+boobies=Awesome

3. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    We watched some movie with Christopher Lambert (Highlander guy) in it. It was set in the 1500's and was so bad that when the disc kept locking up so that we couldn't see how it ended I didn't really mind...

4. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    Watched Failure to Launch this weekend, was actually pretty entertaining. I couldn't get zoom even near it, so I watched with my brother, and we were cracking up a few times. Not a bad rental, especially if you like that matthew guy. I won't even attempt to spell his last name. ;)

5. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    Failure to Launch cracked me up. Especially since my brother is living with my parents...

I watched Just My Luck. I liked it but I got alittle tired of the band McFly only doing the one song over and over in it.

6. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    I watched WhiteCoats last night. The movie about the interns with Dan Ackroyd and Dve Foley. I think it was supposed to be funny but really had to reach for even a hint of it. And it was just plain gross! The body parts "food fight" thing was just disgusting. Yeah, not even close to being funny and I'm bummed I wasted my time on it.

7. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    We watched House of Flying Daggers, actually really cool. I can't remember if it ever came out in the movies, but it was even better than I expected.

Then last night they re-ran the roast of William Shatner...I NEED to see the unedited version, because the parts they showed were awesome. I think they picked more on the roasters than on the Shatman. ;)

8. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    I liked House of Flying Daggers! I also liked the one called Hero - the colors in it were amazing!

Last night I watched Because of Winn Dixie. It was a cute and sweet little movie but it made me cry. They always put these kinds of movies out there as "family" movies but I don;t think my girls will really care to see it. At least not until they are older. The emotional stuff is really on an older age level. This is the reason they haven't seen Old Yeller too. There is enough sadness in the world why would I want to subject my kids to two hours of it just because its a "family movie" ?

9. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Haven't been watching any movies, but I did start watching my super cool Star Trek Borg DVD Collection. It's neat -- they took every episode that had the Borg in it and made it into a single collection, organized chronologically in the ST timeline. w00t.

And it starts off with an episode of Enterprise finding the remains of the Borg that crashlanded on Earth at the end of First Contact.

10. MoD-Sith

Aug 28, 2003
    i just got about 20 minutes into Sasquatch Mountain on the SCIFI channel, i turned it off cause it was really bad.

11. MoD-Sith

Aug 28, 2003
    i went to The Rocky Horror Picture Show last night, that was so much fun, i now know how to do the timewarp.

12. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    I have never seen that. [face_plain]

13. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    You must watch it. You MUST. C'mon whats-his-name in drag...and he's a very pretty woman....it's just up your alley with the weirdness factor. ;)

14. MoD-Sith

Aug 28, 2003
    Tim Curry, or as they like to call him at the Show "GOD"

15. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    Wow, I am really far behind in my movie postings...I have been really sick so I've watched alot of movies. Lets see...

Beowulf and Grundel - Well, if you like stupid trolls that pee on your house this is the movie for you. D_N_T was snoring about 10 minutes into it but I finished it. Mainly becuase I think the actor is hot and it was just so amusing to see the cool Phantom of the Opera as a barbarian.

Domino - I liked it. She was a pretty messed up girl but I thought the movie was pretty interesting. Until they showed the real Choco in the special features - eewwwww.

The Punisher (the newest one with John Travolta)- the actor had playdough molded kind of hair and sideburns that I had a hard time getting past but all in all it wasn't too bad for a comic book movie.

The Pallisers - Well this was actually a boxed set of 4 videos done by the BBC that my parents bought at a yard sale I'm sure. It was supposed to be a drama about these rich families in Victorian England. Well, about 10 minutes into it I noticed that all the backdrops were painted and you could hear all the footsteps on the stage. Then I looked at the box and found that it was filmed in 1976. Well, I still gave it the benefit of the doubt and kept watching, after all, Wonderwoman was filmed in the 70's. The story turned out to be about as tedious as possible because it was about Parliament at the time and whether or not the money system should be changed to a base 10 system. Yeah, but I was more than halfway through it so I decided to stick it out - even when the main character's name is Plantaginent Palliser (there's a name idea for ya Zoom and RDT) and they called him Planty for short. Then when it just stopped with no ending I almost threw the box at the TV. I went and looked it up and it is a 12 video set. I have only seen 1/3 of it. Well, I can tell you what I won't be watching...

Short Circuit - the glorious 80's rise again! Well, actually the movie was really stupid, and I think I thought so back then too. But the hair and all the rainbow stickers everywhere made it worth watching.

Hudson Hawk - The nifty nineties. This movie has the ugliest woman I have ever seen in it. But I love the music...

Pitch Black/Dark Fury/Riddick - easily some of the best movies ever made. nuff said.

The Producers - Broadway musical. Didn't like it. The blankie and whining was too much.

and tonight...a classic Creighton - Rising Sun...

16. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    We watched Equilibrium last night, with Christian Bale. Cool fight scenes and not too bad story....I'd say better than some of the ones you watched. ;)

17. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    What? No comment on my name suggestion for your baby that I slyly stuck in there? ;)

18. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    :p

I took the high road.

19. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    We watched Click last night. I liked it- it was less funny and more sad than I expected. I think it stressed D_N_T out though. Made him realize how much he works and how much he hates it. But really I have to give him kudos as a father because he spends every possible free moment that he has playing with our kids. So the movie made me appreciate D_N_T more but gave him a complex...

20. Kanaloa

Kanaloa Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2005
    Let's see, in the past two weeks I've seen:

Shaun of the Dead - Meh. It had one or two funny parts in it.

Red Eye - It was ok

RV - Sucked

2001: Space Odyssey - Good sci-fi

Exorcism of Emily Rose - I enjoyed this. Not the typical horror movie being as most of the film took place in a courtroom. Still gave me the creeps.

Name of the Rose - Good movie from '86 with Sean Connery and Christian Slater

The Brothers Grimm - I'm still trying to figure out the point of this movie.

21. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    I went with an Antonio Banderas theme last night and watched The Legend of Zorro (it was better than I expected-and it's kinda embarrasing to say that) and Take the Lead (it was not as good as I expected).

22. Kanaloa

Kanaloa Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2005
    Was that the one with Anthony Hopkins? I liked that one myself.

23. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    No, it was the second one, thus the embarassment...

Let's see. We watched some movies with the kids this weekend. Over the Hedge... I liked it but it must be a "pre-quel" to the comic strip books we have had for years. Verne, was way too political compared to his comic counterpart. Garfield-A Tale of Two Kittes, well, I liked the first one better but the girls thought it was great.

Then we rented, no, I should say D_N_T rented, a movie called The Last Days on Earth. It actually turned out to be a TV mini-series thing and it was really terrible. Yeah, 10 foot long plastic alien ant/mantis critters that can somehow magically disguise themselves in human form at will. Actually in the form of Daryll Hannah. Yeah. There was alot of explosive gas in it and it kinda made me think that they made the whole movie out of it...explosive gas. D_N_T fell asleep about 5 minutes into it. Smart boy there.

Then for an early birthday present for me he redeemed himself with Battlestar Gallactica season 2 DVDs. Finally, something great to watch. The first two episodes were pretty good but we both wondered why they couldn't just use a little trigonometry and triagulate where the fleet was.

24. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    I decided to torture myself and watch Alexander, the director's cut last night. I was doing work at the same time, so maybe compared to aligning red and blue lines it didn't seem that bad... the jumping around was a little confusing, especially if I wasn't looking at the screen when they did the "10 years before" and stuff like that. Val Kilmer with one eye was a little strange too...

At least I can finally send it back and get "House" from netflix. It will be AWESOME. So much sarcasm and angst in one hour. [face_dancing]

25. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    Yeah, you should watch those Black Adders(the third series) first where that same cynical actor plays the stupid prince george. Definitely an intersting contrast...