main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Madness Has Begun!: NCAA Basketball Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Dal--Intrepid, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Incredible comeback for FSU against UVA tonight, after being down by 11 with about four and a half minutes to go - went on a 16-2 run to close the game. Game winning 3 by Ian Miller with .8 seconds left, heck of a shot. Defender in his face, too.

Game was marred, however, by Bernard James' kick after being fouled hard with ~6 minutes to go. Yeah, emotions were running high, and he'd just been fouled hard, but there is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for a player kicking another while they're on the floor. It was rightly called a Flagrant 2, and James was ejected as he should have been (so props to the refs for getting that right). Honestly, I wouldn't mind him even being suspended for the next game after that. Simply no excuse. Surprising that it was James, though - he's older than most players in college basketball (having been in the Air Force), and usually one of the more mature players on the court at any time. But clearly he just lost it here.

2. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    Clemson slips by VT 58-56 on senior night. Excellent careers by Tanner Smith and Andre Young. Who would have thought this team would be 8-7 in the ACC?

3. DMC

DMC Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2000
    :D

When I get home a certain banner's going up when I get home.

4. Shepherd492

Shepherd492 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2011
    Does we have a bracket challenge type thing here? I know we're still about a week and a half away from that, but I'm just wondering.

On a more related note, lolDuke.

5. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Yep, we typically have a bracket challenge.

6. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Wow. [face_hypnotized]

Great win for the Buckeyes, fun game to watch. Co-Big Ten Champs again!

7. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    I caught the end of that game...a bit of a wild finish.

8. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Being out of market, we didn't get the game until the Creighton-Illinois State game was over. By then, the Buckeyes were down by a dozen. So, I missed the worst part of the game.

9. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Nice win for the 2 senior Badgers today. I think Wisconsin will be a 4 seed and Marquette could be a 2 or 3.

10. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    lol @ Northwestern.

That's how you make sure your 0-for-the tournament continues, and you stay on the wrong side of the bubble.

Ohio State gets Purdue in the B1G Quarterfinals tomorrow. I'll be at work, so I won't get to watch it. If they advance, I'll also miss the semifinal (hopefully, against Michigan), as it's going to run too close to First Kick.

11. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    Wisco vs Mich. St. We have lost to them twice this year, lets not do thrice.

12. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Monster game out of Sullinger as the Buckeyes take down Purdue. On to the Semifinals, and a date with Michigan. Love it.

13. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    LOL @ the broadcaster calling Duke-Florida State a rivalry.

14. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    LOl @ Mizzou fans chanting SEC.

15. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Some particular sports company thinks just about everything is a rivalry.

Watch out, or next thing you know there's going to be a "Duke-Missouri rivalry" :rolleyes:

16. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Coming out of the Crew game and seeing the score of the Buckeyes game made up for it a little bit. Perhaps the Buckeyes are peaking at the right time this year? Didn't help last year to be the best team in February, but they certainly have the talent to be the best team in March ...

17. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    lol @ Duke. :p

I'm actually sort of sad that they lost...I wanted another UNC-Duke match up for the ACC tourney championship.

18. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Fun day already. The Bonnies stol a bid, FSU knocked off UNC for the ACC title, and Vandy held off Kentucky.

And, now we get OSU vs. MSU with the winner probably getting a 1 seed, the loser going to the two-line.

I see the S-Curve as

1. Kentucky
    2. Syracuse]
    3. Ohio State/Michigan State Winner
    4. North Carolina
    5. Kansas
    6. Missouri
    7. Duke
    8. Ohio State/Michigan State Loser

19. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Heck of a game for FSU today. Wow. 4-1 against Duke and UNC, just incredible. That should seal FSU as a 4-seed, I think.

The only difference I might make with Inty's list is bumping Kansas up to a 1, but I think I'm leaning against that.

20. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Dang. Oh well. It was at least a really fun game to watch. I'm good with OSU on the 2-line, as long as they don't draw Kentucky.

I'd also be good with another OSU-MSU game in New Orleans ;)

21. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    It was a great game by FSU. Heels let it slide too far away in the first. I just really hope that Henson's good to go for the Big Dance.

22. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Initial Bracket reactions:

23. Glad with the #2 for OSU. Love getting Syracuse as the #1 (and not just because my uber boss is a huge Cuse fan).

24. I know the committee claims they don't set up match-ups, but I think they got a little cute looking at Ohio vs. Michigan in the first round.

25. LOL @ the Pac-12. Only one team in the actual field of 64, pending a first-four game.

26. Kentucky has a really rough draw. Possibly UConn in their second game, followed by potentially either Indiana (only team to beat them in regular season) or Witchita State (KenPom's best Mid Major) in the Sweet Sixteen

27. First Round games I am looking forward to:

Belmont-Georgetown
    Xavier-Notre Dame
    Ohio-Michigan

28. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Iona?? o_O Interesting.

29. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    Happy with the Marquette and Wisconsin brackets.

30. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Go Norfolk State! (the local school this year.)