main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Obi-Wan and Siri Archive and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Obi-Wan_Siri_Index, Sep 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vivid_Scripts

Vivid_Scripts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2004
    I have to apologize to both of you for taking so long to reply- I guess I kept pushing back and never really got around to it. I'm real sorry about that. Anywyas, I've got to thank the two of you for your insights and I've decided to keep the piece the way it is with one or two very minor grammar changes suggested to me by my beta. This piece is part of the first post for "Starfall", which I've finally begun posting. The link's in my sig

2. Obi-Wan_Siri_Index

Obi-Wan_Siri_Index Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2004
    Two new stories added on 11/20. Both are WIPs

A New Order, by Jedikma

AND

Starfall, by Vivid_Scripts

3. SiriKenobi12

SiriKenobi12 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    This is fantastic! More Obi/Siri fans like me! Yay! I can't wait to start posting my stories on here, they are all on fanfiction.net and I really wanted to post them here and I finally figured out how! Yay again!

4. Jaina_Solo_15

Jaina_Solo_15 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 5, 2002
    I'm looking for a fic. I know that it is an AU Obi-Wan/Siri fic so I thought I'd ask here and see if anyone knew of it.

In this story, Obi-Wan and Siri are sent on a mission together, but Siri was Qui-Gon's apprentice instead of Obi-Wan while Obi-Wan was Yoda's (I think) apprentice. Anakin Skywalker was just a teenager on the ship that was transporting them from one place to another. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

5. Obi-Wan_Siri_Index

Sep 25, 2004
  6. Jaina_Solo_15

Jaina_Solo_15 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 5, 2002
    That is it! Thank you! :D

7. Obi-Wan_Siri_Index

Sep 25, 2004
  8. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    You did a great job with that index! I am going to have to make sure I check out a few stories every day.

9. Obi-Wan_Siri_Index

Sep 25, 2004
  10. Obi-Wan_Siri_Index

Sep 25, 2004
  11. Obi-Wan_Siri_Index

Sep 25, 2004
  12. SiriKenobi12

SiriKenobi12 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    I'm so glad to see a place where I can find Obi/Siri stories! Yay!

Here's a question I posted on one of my stories on fanfiction but I wanted to see what people might say on this site...who would you cast as Siri if she was in the movie if you could have any actress?

13. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    Ashley Scott looks alot like Siri with her short hair but Nikki Lynn Aycox has more of the attitude when she plays Syl in Dark Angel.

14. Obi-Wan_Siri_Index

Sep 25, 2004
  15. padawan-grasshopper

padawan-grasshopper Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2004
    I'm SO happy I found this! :D Now all we need is a Tahl/Qui-Gon Archive! ;)

-Locust[face_alien_1]

16. Hananiah

Jan 15, 2003
    I second that idea. The Tahl/Qui gon shipper unite!

17. Siri-Wan-Kenobi

Siri-Wan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 14, 2005
    Hi! i am actually very new to this website, but i have already developed an obsession for it ... i was wandering around aimlessly one day.. when i found this index and was overjoyed.. i am in love with obi-wan! have been since.. i don't know how long.. But i really love obi-wan/siri fics... they are great as friends and sometimes more.. lol.. ahem.. anyway.. i just wanted to say hi to all of you .. i feel like such a scared little padawan towards all of you[face_worried] hopefully you guys wont shun me[face_praying]... but for now i will just sit idly by and watch guys.. dont want to be too much of a disturbance... may the force be with you! *quickly crawls back under rock*

18. Obi-Wan_Siri_Index

Sep 25, 2004
    Welcome to all the new faces! I'm so glad you're here. :)

I'm glad to know people like and are using this index. I put it together because, like all of you, I wanted to find and read stories about Obi-Wan and Siri. For some time stories were few and far between, but finally Obi-Wan and Siri are getting the recognition they deserve. :)

Siri-Wan-Kenobi, Don't be shy. :D Right now there isn't a whole lot going on in here. The last question asked was who would you cast as Siri? I haven't said anything myself because I am really bad with those kinds of questions. I'm not too familiar with a lot of the young actresses, either. But if anyone has any ideas, they are certainly welcome to comment. :D

19. Hananiah

Jan 15, 2003
    I was just thinking-and this is OT but what was Siri's thoughts during Jedi apprentice 7 after her conversation in the hallway with Obi Wan.

20. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    Thanks for getting all of these stories together Obi-Wan_Siri_Index (whoever you really are ;) ) This is a great list of wonderful stories. It also doesn't hurt that they're about my favorite couple :D

So who would I cast as Siri? hmmmmmmm [face_thinking] I'm really bad with these types of questions too. My first instinct would be to find an unknown actress. But if I had to choose, I'd say Famke Janssen. I like her attitude on screen.

21. Siri-Wan-Kenobi

Siri-Wan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 14, 2005
    *sighs with relief* i'm glad you are soooo cool.. haha.. i was happy you have decided to actually take notice of me.. hopefully you can show me the ropes of this forum.. it can be pretty big and intimidating at times... i can get pretty talkative when you get to know me.. espicially when i talk about obi-wan or siri... I'm like the energizer bunny.. i just keep going and going and going.. lol :)

22. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    Hananiah
    I was just thinking-and this is OT but what was Siri's thoughts during Jedi apprentice 7 after her conversation in the hallway with Obi Wan.

We never really know Siri's thoughts since the books are written in Obi-Wan's pov or Qui-Gon's pov. However, this is one of the last things she said to Obi-Wan regarding what was happening in the Temple.

?I do care about the Temple. You?re the one who left the Jedi. When you did that, you cast doubt on the commitment of all Padawans, present and future. You made all Jedi Knights question whether we?re as committed as we should be. You?re almost as bad as Bruck!?

Needless to say Obi-Wan didn't take her words well.

Hope this answers your question. :)

23. Hananiah

Jan 15, 2003
    I just figured it would make a good talking point since it was so important in their relationship.

24. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    I just figured it would make a good talking point since it was so important in their relationship.

Siri's conversation with Obi-Wan about his defection is the first time we ever see her in the books. Before that Obi-Wan says they were 'friendly' but not really firends. I suppose they could have gone on from there and just remained 'friendly' but not really friends. I think the turning point really came when they had to go on a mission together and were forced to rely on each other. I think they both had trouble with liking each other and yet they were both determined to win each other's respect.

Once Siri worked with Obi-an and got to know him better, I don't think she continued to hold Melida/Daan over his head.

Anyway, that's my view. :p

25. Obi-Wan_Siri_Index

Sep 25, 2004
    Two new stories added:

Last Call, by SiriKenobi12 (This one is in the Obi-Wan Challenge Stories thread)

and

Sweet Revenge, by red_rose_knight

EDIT: Siri-Wan-Kenobi, here's what I suggest you do first. Leave reviews in the stories you read. They don't have to be big, they can be something as simple as just a smiling face or 'I enjoyed that story'. You need to get to twenty posts before you can use your private message feature. Once you can use the pm then it will be easier for someone to contact you and answer any questions you have about the site and help you navigate around. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.