main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive The *Official* Art Challenge . . Has Been Reborn!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by TheBalinakaBaroness, May 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBalinakaBaroness

TheBalinakaBaroness Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    Hey, thanks you guys! y'all are gonna make me get a swelled head. :D

ooo. i just had another idea..... hmmm. maybe I will have to do two this week.

obihahn - how about chewbacca? he would've been a spry youngin' -50 years, or maybe anakin skywalker -50: just a swirling gleam in the midichlorian's eyes. :) How about a baby Admiral Ackbar in his nursury Under the Sea - with singing crabs and dancing fish? :D Um... how bout the Naboo Royal Handmaiden Society 50 year reunion?

Ok. time to stop. I got stuff to do.....
    thanks again everybody! that was a fun one to draw... [face_devil]
    ~Bar

2. padawangrasshopper

padawangrasshopper Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2002
    Baroness- Very, very, very cool! As usual, you've created yet another rockin' piece! Gosh, doesn't he look like you just wanna beat the crap out of that little snot?!! :D Hey, you still have time to make another entry for this week! [face_laugh]

Pad G

3. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Methinks Palpy might have been bullied as a youth by some Force-sensitive bruisers... Wouldn't that be an apt explanation for all the havoc he wreaked on the universe? ;) Nice job, Baroness!

4. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I like it Baroness! Especially the yoda doll... hehe... maybe that's why he's so short... palpy stunted his growth.

5. obihahn

obihahn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2002
    <how about chewbacca? he would've been a spry youngin' -50 years or maybe anakin skywalker -50: just a swirling gleam in the midichlorian's eyes. How about a baby Admiral Ackbar in his nursury Under the Sea - with singing crabs and dancing fish? Um... how bout the Naboo Royal Handmaiden Society 50 year reunion?>

Well, Bar, every single on of them is a great idea, and thanks for sharing some of your creativity with me. Chewie and Ani ( ;) ) seem indeed cool, but just now I have an idea that probably (hopefully...) no one else has/had. and even if...well hey, that gives a great opportunity to compare results.

But whoops, deadline is tomorrow already. Err...

Actually, I did not plan to put every letter in this post in "bold", but writing a post in NetscapeNavigator seems to bold everything automatically...so no "screaming" intended here. ;)
    "WeeklyFanArtChallenge" still doesnt work with the MS InternetExplorer for me.

EDIT: I just saw nothing's bold here...forget my jibberish.

6. Jabachile

Jabachile Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    Bar- That's simply incredible. Did you color that digitally or use real paint? Ya gotta tell me!!

7. TheBalinakaBaroness

Feb 14, 2002
    Thanks all! Glad y'all are enjoying the Palpy pic! hee hee... maybe I should do cute demented evil drawings more often! ;)

Obihahn - you mean you are not going to do the Little Mermaid... er.. Ackbar idea? lol... :D My other idea was to do the birth of R2-D2, being built by some crazy old wacky scientist lookin' guy out of a pre-fab kit, but with some extra accidental ingredient, kinda like the Power Puff Girls. But I've got a bunch of other things I have to do, so it ain't gonna happen. :) Can't wait to see what you came up with!

Jabachile - Heya man! welcome back from vacation. The pic was painted all in Photoshop. Just using the brushes they give you. Got real sloppy at the end cause I lost patience with painting all the little doomed jedi dolls.... :)

And just a heads up - Kongzilla was kind enough to provide us with a huge number of really great Art Challenge ideas. Now I just have to decide which one to pick first! Tune in tomorrow to find out! :D

~Bar

8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Awesome job, Bar! You never fail to amaze me! The young Palpy was a great idea...I also like the little voo-doo doll he's holding.

9. obihahn

Jul 10, 2002
    Ha, I made it just in time! Here are this weeks entries:
    Scumbag/Battered

Bar, sorry I had to dissapoint you for not going with the "Ackbarielle the little mermaid" approach. It's a sad thing such a great idea will now never see the light of day and will forever remain undrawn... :_|

And I vote you should some day try and do the "Birth of Artoo" thingy, I'd love to see that! :D

10. KongZilla

KongZilla Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2001
    Obihahn, looks like you and I are both fond of the old farts. Here's my pic for this week.

Han old buddy

:)

11. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    Well Baroness its friday. Whats the challenge this week? :D

12. TheBalinakaBaroness

Feb 14, 2002
    Ohihahn - Ackbarielle.... lol!

Ponda Baba! Great idea. Love the bifocals.... Nice job with the color - is it colored pencils? Threepio is great too. Definitely battered, the poor guy. We need to get him away from that abusive Artoo. ;)

Kongzilla - Han makes a great old coot! Fantastic drawing. I can imagine his blaster hand shaking as he chews on his gums, yelling at some punks - "why back in my day..... " :D

odj_310388 - Lookin' for this week's topic? Here 'tis.

a special *shout out* [face_mischief] to Kongzilla for this week's topic! Thanks!

Star Wars Captions
    due Sept 6

Create a SW cartoon for one of the following captions:

"Use the FORCE? I thought you said HORSE."

"Alright, who forgot their lightsaber?"

"I think I just waxed my armor."

"I've got a very bad feeling about this."

pretty self-explanatory. have fun!
    ~Baroness

13. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    If we have another caption can we use it?

14. TheBalinakaBaroness

Feb 14, 2002
    Unless there is a huge uproar, I'm saying, no. The idea is to be constrained by having to pick one of these four captions, while at the same time letting your imagination go wild. If you can make up your own caption, not much of a challenge then, is it? ;)

~bar

15. Jabachile

Jabachile Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    Yeah Bar, I need an excuse to stray away from this blasted summer work!!

Edit- Me like!!

16. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Oh ok, I've thought of a Idea and I am sketchig at the momen't, its a soposed scene from EP3. I think you know what scene I am talking about. ;)

17. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    I've just done a mega quick sketch for you to see what I'm on about. I chose the phrase 'I have a very bad feeling about this'.

[image=http://www.mikedingleyjones.btinternet.co.uk/finalduelwmc.jpg]

18. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    What else could I include in it?

19. obihahn

Jul 10, 2002
    Kongzilla- Old farts rock, that's why. Always yelling at younger people in their weak voices, telling them they know nothing about life.
    I guess Han and Ponda live in the same Retirement Castle on Tattoine, don't ya think? ;)
    Cool idea with the captions!

Bar- yup, colored pencils. This time, my crappy scanner managed to even get the colors and their intensity right. Woohoo!
    But I didn't really like the Threepio idea, that's why I stopped half way. But yeah, I suppose it was all Artoo's fault, that greasy buckle of bolts!

[EDIT] see what I meant before? Every single letter is bold. Arggh! *scream*

20. obihahn

Jul 10, 2002
    Starting the whole thing off again. :D
    Here go my first entries: (I'm doing all four of 'em)
    Caption cartoons

Never mind the lack of drawing quality this time.

21. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Hey Those are realy good!

22. TheBalinakaBaroness

Feb 14, 2002
    odj... - I think you picked the ultimate "i've got a bad feeling" moment! i think in ep 3, as we are led up to the final confrontation, and the audience realizes what is about to happen, that line is going to run through everyone's minds.

funny stuff obihahn! funny ideas. my absolute favorite thing is the look on Yoda's face as he's realized he is armed with a Fork. lol...

okay, just got a really lame idea for the Horse caption. guess that means i have to draw it... ;)

~Bar

23. Trooper666

Trooper666 Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2002
    here's my idea...
    actually it was a joke pic that the fan art museum wouldnt post...something about being too adult oriented...so those of you under 18, do not go to this address...ok public service announcement over, enjoy!
    CJ

Edit: Sorry, even though it's funny you can't post links to nudity.

24. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    Here's just a little, very very quick pic a drew for this thread. (sorry for the poor quality cauz I was trying to keep file size down). I saw the "use the Horse" and just had to add my bit :D :p

Just copy and paste cauz it's on a Geocities site that never seems to work any other way.

http://www.geocities.com/youv_got_2be_jokin/use_the_horse

Very funny, Obi-Hahn! :) Yoda strikin fear into the hearts of his enemies...with a fork! Hehehe. Quite a cack! :D

Can't wait to see everyone else's ideas as well!

25. Trooper666

Trooper666 Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2002
    Ok, for those of you who would like to see my week contri, you'll have to email me..SORRY guys, didnt mean to offend. :(

CJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.