main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive The *Official* Art Challenge . . Has Been Reborn!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by TheBalinakaBaroness, May 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBalinakaBaroness

TheBalinakaBaroness Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    Dantana - funny kyp! the little santa hat on top cracks me up. nice job - thanks for posting! Great job coloring him in.

Duke the Dogwalker - funny. i live in the land of birkenstocks, treehuggers and electric cars so I really should just keep my mouth shut about things i don't know about! ;)

Great holiday spirit lightsaber action! Pretty funny Duke. I've said it before, but i love the texture you put in your illos.

Leela - DDog sure said it - you get amazing likenesses in all your drawings - especially Han!

Look at all the entries. How exciting! Thanks all.
    ~Baroness

2. TheBalinakaBaroness

Feb 14, 2002
    Aahhh - behold the beauty of swine in flight! Can you believe it - I have actually finished an entry for the Art Challenge. And on top of that excitement and furor, the wholly shallow accomplishment of this being my one thousandth post. Hooray!

Enjoy - Happy Holidays Everyone!

snowfun

~Baroness

3. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Everyone's done a fantastic job so far, so it pains me to post my link *here*.

Just got to thinking about what it would be like if the Toy Manufacturing Guilds joined the Confederacy, and Santa was forced to use a droid army for distribution and not his expensive elves under the new labor agrangements of his merger agreement...oh, how the mind wanders. :)

4. Duke-Dogwalker

Duke-Dogwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2002
    funny. i live in the land of birkenstocks, treehuggers and electric cars so I really should just keep my mouth shut about things i don't know about!

Oh I don't know Bar, if i only talked about things i knew about, then i don't think i'd say much at all... ;)

Duke the Dogwalker? DDog? can you possibly think of any more ways to say it? Hmmmm....

Vampire 1: Quick, run away!

Vampire 2: Why?

Vampire 1: Coz here comes the Dwalker!

:D

okay, that was pretty lame - but i couldn't think of anything else...

Lovely, lovely, lovely entry too btw, warms my heart so it does. (great builings in the background too, superb!)

But I reckon Seb-x's one's made me laugh the most so far... naught-nice list... roger roger! lol!!! Great idea sebulba!

Oh joy and happiness, i got my bike tuned today - i think i'll take the long way to the supermarket... :) :) :)

5. Leela

Leela Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    All the Xmas pics are excellent so far!

Seb-X- I loved the Dooku notice on the backpack!

6. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Thanks...I was wondering if I went too far with that or not. The backpack was just too plain as it was and I wanted to convey that this droid was taken care of the naughty children while the others were working with the nice. Figured since the Santa's little droid helpers were massed produced, the coal distributor backpacks were probably also done in great quantities by the Techno Union. Throw in a little Santa Dooku as a used car salesman brand advertisement (as opposed to Mas Ameeda's competing Republic Brand Coal I guess) and that's where I ended up. *shrug*

If you can't read it, the red text on the Nice - Naughty list says:
    Confidential
    North Pole, LTD.

That's just a nod to LFL when I got some files for the banners my company printed for C2 and everything came hand stamped confidential, etc. :)

7. R23-B2

R23-B2 Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2002
    Here is one I made for the Christmas fan art contest. I don't know if this fits in with this art challenge or not.

[image=http://www.boomspeed.com/rograph/Anakincandycain.jpg]

8. Leela

Leela Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    R23-B2, that was great! Three wise men, LOL!

9. JediFreac

JediFreac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    [image=http://pages.sbcglobal.net/jedifreac/_uimages/christmas.jpg]

10. TheBalinakaBaroness

Feb 14, 2002
    Wow - lots of really fun entries. Nice Job everyone!

-bar

11. LeiaTygre

LeiaTygre Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2002
    I had fun doing this one. Dantana helped me get it so all y'all on the 'net can see it. You'll have to copy and paste the link, sorry.

Christmas Card: http://www.pagerealm.com/kajsu/images/other/christmascard2.jpg

12. Otis_Frampton

Otis_Frampton LFL Artist, Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 7, 2001
    So, did anyone here create something for the Challenge and enter it into the TFN Holiday Fan Art competition?

If so, how'd you do?

-Otis

13. KongZilla

KongZilla Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2001
    It's been a while but I still think about you guys every day. :)
    Lumpy says...

14. TheBalinakaBaroness

Feb 14, 2002
    As always - funny stuff mighty KongZilla. Happy Life Day to you!

And a Big Fat Happy New Year to everyone else! :D

~Baroness

15. TheBalinakaBaroness

Feb 14, 2002
    Thanks to everyone who participated in the Holiday Card Challenge. A lot of really fun entries!

As you probably noticed - the ol' Art Challenge is back on Hiatus. I'm going to be pretty busy for awhile, so unfortunately, I'll be neglecting this poor little thread.

But, if anyone out there is interested in keeping the Challenge alive - please feel free to start up a new thread - I'll be happy to help ya get it started!

Thanks y'all!
    ~Baroness

16. Otis_Frampton

Jan 7, 2001
    The Weekly FanArt Challenge . . will return.

-Otis

17. Duke-Dogwalker

Duke-Dogwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2002
    Hurrah! (wasn't that the name of a yuuzhan vong priest??)

Anyway, hurrah all the same - looking forward to more challenges... And congrats on becoming a mod otis!

18. Otis_Frampton

Jan 7, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.