main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

V.C, CA - -* * * The Official Comic-Con Thread* * * - -

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Keiran_Horn, May 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keiran_Horn

Keiran_Horn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 2002
    Comic-Con Information Sheet

Place: San Diego Convention Center, 111 Harbor Dr. San Diego, CA

Dates: July 17-20 2003

Hotel Registration: Hotel Registration

Transportation: Carpool may be possible. Depends on how many people are attending the con, and whether we are staying overnight in a hotel, or staying for one day only.

Estimated Funds:

Hotel: Holiday Inn at the Bay
    Rate: $151.86 per person for three nights w/ three people in room.

Badges: $55 Adult
    $27 Junior (7-16)

OCFF Information: The Orange County Fan Force will also be attending, and we will be using their booth as a HQ. At least one person should be available at all times to pass out flyers for the VCFF. The OFCC will have two laptops set up to allow people to view their web site, in addition to a banner. The actual dimensions of the booth, and the size of the banner, are not yet known.

Convention Survival Guide: Fellow users have assembled a thread that is designed to help people through Comic-Con. It is located: Here

Rental Car Info: A rental car may be required, if the entire FF attends. While this is unlikely, I thought I would post links to some popular rental car agencies just in case.

National Car Rental: Main Site

Hertz Car Rental
    Main Site

GentleBant says: BTW, we need to get in contact with the OCFF for putting out our fliers. Also, the 501st and Rebel Legion SoCal Garrisons are both having booths, as well.

2. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    Holy schmoly...that's a lot of money.

3. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Keep in mind however, that those are the prices through the Comic-Con registration service. I haven't checked the official Holiday Inn website yet to see what discounts they offer there. Also, the badge prices will remain $55 if the letter is postmarked by June 5th, 2003. After that it is $60 from then on, including at-the-door registration.

4. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
  5. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Yeah, it gets even better. Looks like $159 a night is the best rate we will get at the hotel. Which means the prices listed above are the lowest we will get, unless we cram more peeps into one room.

6. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    Daaaang.

7. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    The rates will go up! If you are planning on attending this con then please get registered early. You won't want to miss out on this.

I went to my first Comic-Con last year and it was an absolute blast! You won't want to miss this Con.

Some paticulars about what we in OCFF are doing:

Banner:

We will be having a banner at our booth. the dimensions for our banner are going to be 8ft x 3ft.

Prize basket and raffle:

We are collecting toys, comics, posters and other misc. SW items to make 4 prize baskets. We will be drawing 1 winner each day of the Con excluding preview night.

Multimedia:

2 Laptops, 1 running an off line version of our website, 1 running the SW saga on either VCD or DVD.

Give aways items:

Currently we are looking into items for giveaways. Either pens with our logo or something else for new members who sign up for OCSWS.

Flyers:

We will be having flyers on the table for OCSWS to hand out. In addition we will be having a master info request log for people seeking more info. This can be a master list for both of us and we can pass along the names to anyone from the VCFF area who requests further info.

In June I will have a sign up sheet for volunteers to man the booth. I will let you know more info once the Con program is announced.

Thats all from OC and we look forward to helping you guys out.

8. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    If I can afford to go, I definately will.

Manning that booth sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun.

9. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Yeah, I would love to man the booth. :)

10. marmakecam

marmakecam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    I'm in as long as I can get someone to go with me. I think Kai will be home then so that'd work. I'm also down for manning the booth.

11. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Alright, if you guys go, are you planning on going for the whole con, or just a couple of days?

12. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Thanks, SRB_Jedi!

13. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    I'd like to go for the whole con Keiran but who knows.

14. Zaranne

Zaranne Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2003
    I may actually want to attend one day...I could drive myself and meet you guys down there and/or take someone with me for the day...

15. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    If any of you aren't aware, I just found something cool on the official site. The SW Fan Film Awards will be held at Comic Con this year.

16. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Yeah, I'm pretty excited about that. I was at the awards at Celebration 2 and it was awesome.

17. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Yeah, I just downloaded this really funny parody of Quentin Tarantino's Reservoir Dogs with stormtroopers. Pretty funny IMO. ;)

18. Zaranne

Apr 22, 2003
    Resevoir Dogs with Stormtroopers??? [face_laugh] This I've got to see. Resevoir Dogs is one of my favorite movies! Lots of violence!

19. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Yeah, it's a spoof of the song "Stuck in the Middle with You" by Stealer's Wheel. It's the one playing when Mr. Blonde cuts off the cop's ear. It's a pretty funny video.

20. Zaranne

Apr 22, 2003
    That's too much! I loved the "Itchy and Scratchy" episode with that in it. With Stormtroopers, that'd be wild! Where's the clip at? Do you have a link? I'd have to look at it at home.

21. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
  22. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Which reminds me, Zaranne, if you come down for one day, come down Saturday. It is the unofficial "Star Wars" day.

23. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Just a reminder. Adult rates for Four Day Badges go up to $60 on Thursday, June 5th.

24. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
  25. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Arggh indeed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.