main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY The Official Costuming Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Sep 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    I'm not quite sure what shipping will be until after JediAgent places the order. But 40 studs will be $16 before shipping.

So here's what I'll be ordering tomorrow then:

MadKidJedi: 40 studs (Nickel)
    Doc_Bev: 16 studs (Nickel) & 1 buckle
    Modernism: 8 studs

The other things I need to know (which I forgot to mention before) is what color(s) do people want. The studs come in Brass, Antique Brass or Nickel.

~Doc_Bev

2. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    Nicky- Yes, Nevets studs included, and nickel for all of mine.

3. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Nicky , can you add 2 of the belt buckles to the order for us. I'm not sure when my next trip to Syracuse is so why not get them now.

4. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    Tom means the Tandy belt buckles, not the Jedi ones. [face_plain]

5. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    oh yea , what she said.....

6. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Ok - stud order has been sent to JediAgent.

I think I'm going to bump up the Tandy buckle order by a day and place it tomorrow instead of Thurs. So here's what I'll be ordering...

Doc_Bev - 3
    MadKidJedi - 2
    SWF-JPB - 2
    T_StarFlyer - 2

Any other takers?

~Doc_Bev

7. MadKidJedi

May 7, 2005
    Nicky-
    I just sent you an important PM regarding the belt studs! Please read and respond!

8. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    2 please, thanks.

9. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    confirmed

10. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Order has been placed through Tandy for the buckle blanks. Unfortunately, even though their website stated it would show me a total before it charged my card - it didn't. A little annoyed at that. I'm guessing after tax and split shipping it'll be $4 a buckle, but I won't know for sure until I get an invoice from them.

EDIT: Just got an email from Tandy, but it didn't include a total either. :rolleyes: Hopefully the box should come soon and there'll be an invoice in that. If not, I'll have to give them a call.

~Doc_Bev

11. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Future Pilots - Tie and XWing might want this link

FLAK JACKETS
    http://www.dagobahswamp.com/projects/xwingpilot/flakvest.asp

12. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    What a great site. There were many useful links off it too.

13. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    I figured it'd be good for Tie Pilot Tom since a lot of Tie Pilots use those flak jackets in a darker gray first before making the black armor.

The 181st TIE Squadron run by Baron Fel in the EU all had grey flak vests.

14. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I got my hoop skirt in the mail today for my Padme gown! I was initially going to make one, but I'm swiftly running out of time so I figured this would be easier.

This weekend I need to get my RFT finished and I'd like to get my mock-up of my Padme gown finished - but that will probably get pushed out to mid next week.

~Doc_Bev

15. MadKidJedi

May 7, 2005
    Hey gang; great day!

While out looking for Jedi-robe material, I literally stumbled across a perfect colored and sized remnant of vinyl/pleather, in dark, dark brown, with the perfect non-gloss finish and texture, and the perfect size to get all my panels measured and cut for new tabbards!!! (Again!!! Remember I just re-did them in August!!) I mean the stuff is as close to the right look for Ani-tabbards as I've seen in all my trips to JoAnn Fabrics and similar places this year. Hell, I wasn't gonna re-do my them anytime soon, but for $6.99 for the entire piece, I couldn't afford not to!! I'll post pics when I can... While out, I also got a "new to me" pair of dark brown trousers for my Ani-outfit at the thrift store for... get this... $2.42. Sweet. What a day. Still didn't find any Jedi robe material but, ah well.

I'll be out and about on Halloween weekend (when not working), in my Ani-costume, trying to get some money back for all I've put into this thing!! What're ya'll gonna do? I mean, besides Monday the 31st...?

Also... I still (desperately) need to borrow or rent a sewing machine. Anybody have one to lend, or know of a place that rents them?

16. MadKidJedi

May 7, 2005
    Hey gang;

Hope everyone's having fun sewing and armoring (and bowling) today. Suited up and took some new pix yesterday. Ahhhh... new hair color, new mods (pants)... things are really coming together for Halloween...!!
    [image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/MadKidJedi/MadKids%20Image%20Holocron/102-0281_IMG.jpg]

Nicky; You can use this image for a new ID pic, or this one:
    [image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/MadKidJedi/MadKids%20Image%20Holocron/AnakinNewMods2.jpg]
    ...your choice... surprise me!

17. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    MadKidJedi - Cool deal on the pants - they look great.

You're welcome to come use my machine, but I can't let it out of the house as I'm going to need it a bunch for my Padme gown. I've never looked in to renting. Maybe Jo-Ann's or someplace in the phone book?

I think I should be able to use the 2nd picture, the 1st one looks like it'll be too small.

~Doc_Bev

18. MadKidJedi

May 7, 2005
    Nicky;

Too small? In what way exactly? I've got the original file, pre-Photobucket, if that's better (I'm kinda partial to the pseudo-action pose shot). If not usable, the second one is fine. Hey, they're my two favorite shots out of sixteen...

Question: can you or Darren Photoshop a film-realistic saber blade to that pic? That'd be sweeeeeeet. Thanks, in advance.

By the way, how'd it go today?

19. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    KnightShade would prefer to have the pics 1024x768 or larger. Anything smaller than that would need to be enlarged and then would look all grainy/fuzzy on the badge.
    KS will work on rotoscoping sabers where applicable for the new badges.

I'll answer the last question in the prop/costume thread. Bowling went pretty well too.

~Doc_Bev

20. MadKidJedi

May 7, 2005
    Nicky- Sending you an e-mail to your doc_bev@rochesterfandom.com addy regarding the pix. -- Dean --

21. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    MadKidJedi - Got the email. Those look larger than the ones you posted here for some reason. Maybe Photobucket reduces them?

Got a box from Tandy in just now.
    Grand total was $36.82 so that $4.09 a buckle.
    I'll bring them with me to the Breast Cancer walk.

~Doc_Bev

22. MadKidJedi

May 7, 2005
    Spent some time at the thrift store again yesterday. Actually, it was a re-visit, after passing on some stuff I wanted Saturday. Here's what I got:

* brown terrycloth bathrobe (makes a "passable" undertunic with a few mods)
    * lightweight "summer" bathrobe (also for undertunic, with a few mods). Just finished dyeing it brown, from crimson body with golden yellow collar/sash.
    * brown course-weave tablecloth, pretty big. Could be enough material for a child- (or Yoda-) sized jedi robe.
    * cardigan-style grey sweater (ladies small, oops!). An easy mod to an undertunic, I think. This and the next item I will offer up to you guys, as I think I'm set with my bathrobes...
    * another cardigan-style sweater, "sand" in color, Mens 3X. Great for a Mace or Kenobi undertunic.

I just hope the dye job turns out right. I don't think I'll be sewing a real undertunic anytime soon.

Oh, the best part of these finds: got it all for about eight-and-a-half bucks!

23. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Whooo Hooo Ordered the flight suit & patches for my Tie Pilot Outfit Today

24. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Good finds MadKidJedi!

T_StarFlyer - Great news! You're going to be in the 501st before me at this rate. ;)

I just heard from JediAgent that I should be seeing the belt studs early next week. I'll get people their totals as soon as I get them.

~Doc_Bev

25. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    Hey guys,
    We have been collecting odds and ends of sewing items off freecycle lately such as bias tapes, piping, lace bindings, ribbons, a few trims, and lots more in a rainbow of colors. Many of the packages haven't been opened yet. If anyone is looking for anything in particular for their costumes or other projects, let us know and we'll bring it to the next event. Last night, Diane found a few useful items for her projects and we somewhat organized all of it into a storage bin for easy sorting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.