main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive The Official Fan Art Challenge - February 2006

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by HanSolo29 , Feb 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Glad to see this thread is still alive! :p

I'm really impressed at the quality of work I continuly see come out of this thread. You guys are always rearing to outdo what you did last time and really "WOW" us. Keep up the wonderful work everyone! =D=

2. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Nice job on Ben Skywalker, Amiry. You may want to check out the "Open Call Request Thread", somebody from the Ben Skywalker Fan Club is looking for any drawings of Ben. Maybe you could send them the link to this wonderful pic.

Can you let me know what issue that is? I would like to get it. I haven't seen Ben in any of the comics yet. I am curious as to how he is portrayed and drawn.

Great job!!

Okay, now it is time for my submission. It is my favorite scene from the EU--The Joiner King to be exact. But it could also fall under the category of "Drawing of Ben Skywalker" or "Romantic Piece with Star Wars Characters". ;)

It isn't very good since I am just learning how to draw and I did a lot of drawing on this one. I made the background with Bryce 5.5 and I put the figures in the basic positions with Poser 6. I then used Corel Painter IX to paint on the faces of the Ishi Tib aliens and clothing. I did use a photo of Mark Hamill's head. That is the only photo used.

[image=http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/2008/finaltjkbarscene7jn.png]

AG88

3. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    I'll definitely go cheack out the thread and send them the link. :) Ben appears in Star Wars Tales #19, which is also collected in the Star Wars Tales TPB #5 (with Darth Maul on the cover). The story he's in is drawn almost manga style. :D I love Tales, I'm sad to see it go.

4. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    HA HA HA, AG88!! I LOVE THAT SCENE!

5. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    [face_laugh] Oh, that scene was great! [face_laugh] =D=

6. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Thanks guys. I really loved that Scene in TJK also!

I decided to submit an entry of my favorite SW couple for the Romantic Scene category. Can you guess who it is? :p

It is not that great of a pic, but it is okay. I had trouble with their faces. I ended using a black and white photo of of Mark Hamill's head and colorized it by hand and stuck it on the body. I also had to redraw his eyes so they were looking down, and I think I made them too big. Oh well.

AG88

[image=http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/9427/copyoflukemararomancefinal107r.jpg]

Here is the photo I used for Luke's head. I guess I didn't do too bad of a job colorizing it.
    [image=http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/4887/piuiu3aj.jpg]

7. grievious

grievious Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 27, 2005
    hahaha good, very good! I have the same problem with eyes to, I usually make them to big 2, never on purpose though...

I love to see more

8. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    Your Luke/Mara pic is very sweet AG88! I love the pose :)

I don't think his eyes are overly big. Maybe 1-2% larger than normal at the most.

9. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    academygrad88
    Aw, a lovely moment for a lovely couple :D I like how you have Mara's hands on top of Luke's in the front - makes it more intimate. And I think you did a good job on painting in his face. I know how hard it can be to manipulate an image like that (I tried doing it on a few icons and it was zero fun.), but it really turned out well. I also noticed he has more of a smile gracing his lips than in the original image. =D=

-----
    I'm such a dork - I forgot to post my Ben portrait in this thread. :oops:

Ben Skywalker

- Suz ^_~

10. Corellian_Cutie

Corellian_Cutie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 13, 2005
    ^^that;s nice...i love how thoughtful he looks...

11. Basement24

Basement24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2005
    Hope I don't miss anyone...!

PadmeLeiaJaina - Ewww! Disturbing! I love it! :D Nice composition, but I try to forget that they ever locked lips when watching ROTJ. lol

Chilla - I think the Wedge on the left is a tad too dark, but it's definitely a nice blend of photography and artwork. Actually, come to think of it, maybe it's not too dark. Not seeing him too well on the left, and the filter on the right blurs the line between which is real, and which is art. I like!

Ice_Ghost11 - Good stuff! Haunting knowing what happens to them. I think the roses work since they're subtle, and it is Valentine's related.

Dark_Guardian - Great WIP! I think that's opening ROTS shot it one of my favourites in the saga. Even in roughs, the sun works really well creeping over the horizon. I'd love to see this finished.

Giolon05 - Wow! Amazing image. I obviously have missed a bit on the history of this character in previous renderings, but this piece alone is great. Wonderful skin texturing. It's eerily lifelike.

Amiry - Nice rendition of Ben. I'm not too familiar with the New Jedi Order material, but knowing who Ben is, I really like that you've got both Luke and Anakin features in his face. Great stuff!

academygrad88 - I haven't read the Joiner King, but now I'm afraid to! Lol! Nice work though. If anything, I'd move the text above and below the image to leave it open for full viewing, but otherwise well done!

academygrad88 (again) - You did a great job colourizing Luke's head. It fits nicely. I don't think the eyes are too big as you mentioned though. It makes him look more in ga-ga love, if that makes any sense. Good show!

Your_Worshipfulness - That's a nice image. Is that all pencils? Like Amiry's rendition of Ben, nice subtle working in of the Skywalker bloodline. Good work on the eyelashes too. Eyelashes on males are hard to pull off without making them feminine I find.

I hope to have a piece or two myself for next months challenge. I was a bit late this time, just getting back into drawing after a hiatus. I'm kind of excited to since it's good motivation to produce some work. I just have to remember not to neglect my job-artwork while working on SW stuff... :p

12. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Thanks! [:D]

I must admit that I've darkened Wedge on the left on purpose, cause I didn't want everyone to see how unsharp this pic was. [face_blush] Sorry, maybe I've darkened him too much.
    But I also wanted that you can still see the stars background, which I've drawn just for this wallp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.