main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive The Official Fan Art Challenge - March 2006

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by HanSolo29 , Mar 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Each month we will post up four topics on different themes that people can choose from. You can submit drawings, paintings, posters, collage, photo-manipulation... whatever you're inspired to do.

Here are the previous Fan Art Challenges:
    February 2006
    January 2006
    December 2005
    November 2005
    October 2005
    July 2005
    June 2005
    April 2005
    March 2005
    February 2005
    January 2005
    December 2004
    October 2004

This is not a contest, and everyone is welcome to post responses to this thread, regardless of whether you've ever posted anything in this forum. Please don't be nervous or discouraged, because all of us would love to see your fanart!

Here are the topics for March:

MARCH FAN ART CHALLENGE:

Characters:Quinlan Vos or Boba Fett (let me know if I'm repeating and if I am, if you mind)
    Scene:Favorite scene from the PT or Luke's Jedi Training (ESB)
    Thing: A comic strip or a joke featuring SW Characters (Thanks goes out to AG88 for suggesting this one!)
    Fun: In the spirit of St. Patrick's Day, depict a scene in which a SW character was "lucky to get out of there."

[b][color=midnightblue]The Usual Few Notes:[/color][/b]

-Please post your images in this thread so we can have them all collected in one area, but of course you're also allowed to post them in your own artwork threads.

-You can submit fanart for one topic, or do all of them. It is up to you.

-Comments for everyone's artwork should also be posted in this thread. Even if you're not participating yourself, your comments are more than welcome.

-If you have suggestions for future topics, please PM them to me or post them in the Artist's Lounge Social Thread.

[hr]

That's it. I'm looking forward to seeing lots of great artwork and hopefully we'll see some amazing pieces. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post 'em here.

The deadline for this challenge is [b]March 31st[/b].

2. Basement24

Basement24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2005
    Cool! I hope to have at least one for this month. For some reason, I'm excited. :D

One thing to note though, in the archive of monthly entries, everything before October 2005 is now a dead link. I was hoping to see some from months past, but was unfortunately cut short.

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I just noticed that myself while going through old posts. I appears anything beyond January 2005 is being pruned automatically by the boards. It's unfortunate but there's nothing I can really do about it.

EDIT: Erm, wow. It goes even further. I didn't notice that until I re-read your post. It shouldn't be going that. I'll go see what I can turn up.

4. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    Nice. :cool: And first one, too.

This is for 'people who were lucky to get out of there'... I call it I really didn't sign up this when I took the job.

[image=http://img316.imageshack.us/img316/4503/han7qx.th.jpg]
    Link

5. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Wow, I wonder if that is only for threads that haven't had a post for over a year? I would hate to think that after another year my art thread will disappear![face_worried]

I love the topics, HS29, but I have to tell you I first thought the last category read, "Show a SW character getting lucky." :eek: Then I reread it. I was disappointed, I had a great Luke pic planned out. :p ;)

AG88

6. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Hmm...well, I can always change it to say that as well. You can do either or for the misc. category. ;)

7. FettFan79

FettFan79 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 25, 2005
    HHHmmmm...I wonder what character I'm going to try for????[face_laugh]

8. Ice_Ghost11

Ice_Ghost11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2005
    Oooh! Boba and Quinlan.... that was a tough choice. In the end I went with Boba Fett.

Boba Fett | 800x600

I wanted to give this piece a sort of rugged feel... I don't think I quite captured that. ah well, it turned out far greater than I expected. :D

9. Basement24

Jan 1, 2005
    One of a few of my favourite moments from the PT, but probably #1 because it manages to give me chills each viewing. The first time Anakin and Obi-wan's blades strike.

This is just a rough really, so I will have to revisit it soon. I thought I'd post it anyway.

[image=http://www.hobcen.com/cavecomics/media/art/first-saber-strike-bw.jpg]
    "First Saber Strike"

10. Ice_Ghost11

Mar 24, 2005
    Basement24, I really like that. The expressions and detail are just wonderful. It's not just a picture, it has emotion, even not knowing what the scene is in the moving, I would know by looking at that picture it was intense.

Very nice work. :D

11. DarthMikus

DarthMikus Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2005
    I couldn't pass up a chance to draw my favorite Jedi, Q. Vos
    [image=http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a302/ScreamingSamurai/Quin.jpg]

12. Basement24

Jan 1, 2005
    ShrunkenJedi - Nifty style! I like the lines, they've got character.

Ice_Ghost11 - Thanks for the comments! I really like your composition. Good use of the Mandalorian skull logo too. (I'm not sure of the official name, but you know what I mean). I think you gave it a rugged feel, but more dangerous too because of the sharp border lines. Nicely done!

DarthMikus - Great movement! I really like the frantic-ness of it.

Here's another one I did - another favourite PT moment. Obi-Wan's comments to Anakin after he's cut him down. This one I might have to colour, it works better with all that moody red / black I think.

[image=http://www.hobcen.com/cavecomics/media/art/you-were-my-brother-bw.jpg]
    "You Were My Brother!"

13. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I'm sorry, I don't know what the theme or point is here, so I'll just post one of my pics from my website.

CSI: Imp Centre

[image=http://www.geocities.com/yavin_base/Pics2002/CSIteam2.jpg]

14. Excalibur14

Excalibur14 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2006
    Basement- Awesome job on the Obi-Wan, that is one of my favorite moments too...Definitly awesome emotion in the piece...I think its perfect without being colored, but I can tell that it will be outstanding once it is. Good Job!

15. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Here are the topics for March:

MARCH FAN ART CHALLENGE:

Characters:Quinlan Vos or Boba Fett (let me know if I'm repeating and if I am, if you mind)
    Scene:Favorite scene from the PT or Luke's Jedi Training (ESB)
    Thing: A comic strip or a joke featuring SW Characters (Thanks goes out to AG88 for suggesting this one!)
    Fun: In the spirit of St. Patrick's Day, depict a scene in which a SW character was "lucky to get out of there."
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DarthMikus that is an awesome drawing of Quinlan Vos. I love the motion of the pic.
    Basement24 I love that scene from ROTS. I could feel Obi-Wan's pain in losing his friend to the darkside. Great drawing!

AG88

16. DarthMikus

DarthMikus Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2005
    Great job on the Obi Wan, B24.
    That moment was my first choice too. Only cause that was the moment I'd been waiting for ever since reading that interview with Lucas in Starlog Mag in '78.
    Great pencil drawing.

17. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Okay-dokey, the moment I felt most strongly about in Revenge of the Sith.

Though the main characters shown are MI5 agents from the Star Wars ...007 Style game of the Role Playing Forum, that IS Darth Sidious in the hologram, so perhaps it borderlines your criteria.

[face_praying]

[image=http://www.geocities.com/acenhunter/mi5/mi5art/mi5clones.jpg]

18. darkstardragon

darkstardragon Jedi Youngling

Feb 12, 2006
    Heres my entry

Mr Quinlan Vos

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/darkstar55/Vos.jpg]

19. LDS_JEDI

LDS_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2006
    Ok this is driving me nuts.. what the heck is "PT" ??

20. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Prequel Trilogy as opposed to the Original Trilogy.

AG88

21. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Very nice so far, everyone! Please keep up the awesome work! :D

22. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    I made this up for the Fanfiction Luke Skywalker characterization thread today. They were discussing whether Luke wore boxers or briefs. I figure this would fit in the Joke category of this month's challenge.

AG88

[image=http://img487.imageshack.us/img487/8835/boxerorbriefs7dh.jpg]

23. Ice_Ghost11

Mar 24, 2005
    Thanks Basement24. :D I'm really proud of it actually.

I love Obi-Wan there, lots of expression. You can feel his pain. Great job, to everyone. :D

24. YellowDart

YellowDart Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2005
    I made a wallpaper of my favorite scene from the PT :). I think I smoothed two of the pictures too much and the coloring isn't uniform, but I am going to post it anyway.

[image=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b76/YellowDartVader/star%20wars%20other/favscenept.jpg]

25. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, how I love to come browse through all the entries for the Art Challenge each month! :D

AG88, have you ever calculated the ratio of your "nekkid Luke" pictures to the ones you've done of him clothed...? Just curious! ;) [face_laugh] Of course we all wonder--and ROTFL on the "there's no underwear in space" thing from Lucas--I think he just enjoyed watching Carrie running without any...foundation garments! [face_laugh][face_laugh]

I have to comment on darkstardragon's Quinlan Vos close-up--very nice! His expression is just how I imagine it would be in the heat of battle--and sometimes these close-up portraits are very effective! Nice!

DarthMikus's version is also superb--absolutely loving the action in this piece, with Vos in the midst of the hail of blaster bolts, lightsaber spinning in his characteristic backhanded grip...beautiful!

Everything so far is wonderful--and I like the wallpaper YellowDart: that was one of the scenes I liked in AOTC as well. Nice colors--the muted browns were a nice choice.

Here's mine--it's called "Unlearning," when Luke tries to lift the X-wing out of the swamp and fails. Yoda's little sermon to him, followed by his demonstration of the power of the Force, was IMHO one of the best scenes in the entire movie series.

Luke (after stumbling around the fighter, then returning to the weary Yoda): "I...I don't believe it!"

Yoda (with a heavy sigh): "That is why you fail."

**shudders just typing it**

"Unlearning"

FF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.