main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The *Official* "I'm worried..." Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by GriffZ, Oct 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lukecash

Lukecash Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Intresting points...Although not all of Ric Olies lines are expository...some of his lines are there to give the audience some clue to what is going on in case the visual goes by too fast.

For example-"Curasant-the whole planet is one big city" From the visuals, wich went by too quickly IMHO, you could tell that the planet was well populated...but not neccisarily that it covered by one city.

His famous line "It's blowing up from the inside" While WE can see it blowing up...{and that it was done from the inside, you can tell the difference apparently)- was an acknowlegement that none of the characters on the OUTSIDE had anything to do with it, thus we know that Anakin will get the recognition for it.

I will agree that some of Jar Jar antics could have been cut, because they do not serve the story.

2. Ree Yees

Ree Yees Jedi Youngling star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    You know what I'm really worried about? How to get enough money to see the damn thing at least 10 times in the theaters :p

3. MrDankDonk

MrDankDonk Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2001
    just get a temporary job in a theatre...... :D

4. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    I'm with Ree Yees. I just know I am gonna see this flick 10 times or more. I better take out a loan. :D :)

5. Darth_Hansen

Darth_Hansen Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 9, 2001
    When did this thread return?

6. jiabaoyu

jiabaoyu Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 29, 2000
    I'm worried that AOTC won't make enough money for a sequel ;)

Seriously, my biggest worry is that the movie will be overhyped again---not that I minded in 1999---but it created a backlash which was not beneficial to the film or the fandom.

I hope Lucas will not repeat his mistake last time by putting amidala's face on EVERYTHING.

I'm actually not worried too much about critics as TPM got mixed reviews which is fine for a star wars film...but I hope there will not be any backlash which caused the ensuing string of negative articles that followed months after TPM went out of the theater.

Certainly, three weeks before the opening of the film, the hype has been pretty subdued (for a star wars film) but TPM was a special case...but i'm worried the hype will snowball as we get closer to May 16th...here's hoping that Lucas can keep everything under wraps. :)

7. MrDankDonk

MrDankDonk Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2001
    I'm pretty confident that the majority of AOTC reviews will be positive...
    aside from the undoubted quality of AOTC, journalists like an angle, and the "Lucas Strikes Back" line will be just too much for many of them to resist......

and hype is fine if the film delivers.......

8. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    I'm not worried about the hype, or the merchandising. Lucas addressed the concerns of the licensees and the retailers. Everyone has scaled back. It was a smart move on the one hand, but also Lucas's only real choice.

As for the hype, I think this time around it's "whatever the market can bear." Lucas is advertising on television more this time around because the hype machine is doing less to sell it.

And I think you're right that, if possible, the media would love to do the story of GL's triumphant return. People griped and griped about the anti-Lucas bias in the media, but really it was always about telling an interesting story. The "business mogul loses touch with his audience and goes for merchandising overkill" story of TPM was too much to pass up.

But what critic would not love to tell the story: "The Magic of Star Wars is Back!"

Who doesn't want that to be the story (Besides competing studios, that is)?

9. LUH-3417

LUH-3417 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2001
    putting amidalas face everywhere was kind of weird, almost unsettling.

maybe b/c she was just a regular looking girl ya know. pretty of course, but not like a superhero outfit.

it was like me walking down the street with a mold of my girlfriends face on my backpack, sure she is beautiful, but doesn't mean it won't look weird all over the place.

And Jar Jar everywhere, he was just goofy looking.
    It was kind of like having that goofy hippy kid from the Phish concert face all over my lunchbox.

10. jedibri

jedibri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2000
    I guess I'm worried that this movie will be too good. That would mean that Lucas and Co. would have to surpass it in Epi.III :D . I wonder if they can?

11. bhusek

bhusek Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2001
    worried about:

Bad CG 3PO falling
    all the CG creatures being too rubbery
    dexter having a stupid southern accent, I can here it now -in southern accent- "they're cloners, damn good ones too" way too many CG backgrounds
    super battle droids are uninspired looking

looking forward to:
    Driod factory scene
    Geonosis landscapes
    good CG like the ship Jango blows up

12. LUH-3417

LUH-3417 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2001
    Bhusek, I thought that CG was best for backgrounds, it was when it was the focus of the scene that it looked kind of odd.

And i agree about the superbattledroids, but if they were too bizarre, people would point out the fact that they are not in line with the OT style or something.

13. MetallicPea

MetallicPea Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2001
    all the CG creatures being too rubbery

Ohh, the delicious irony of that complaint.

14. THEDUKE

THEDUKE Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 24, 2002
    Well after reading the Visual Dictionary I'm extremely worried about the Dexter's Diner scene. This whole 50's diner thing is WAY too gimicky for me. I have a bad feeling they're gonna make Dexter sound like Arnold (or Al..whoever was not asian) the diner owner from Happy Days and the waitress sound like some gum chewing girl out of A.G. or Grease. Does GL need to have all the American Graffitti spoofs in AOTC?

Could someone help me out and give me a rough estimate how long this scene is gonna be in time or lines. I dont want to know the movie word for word before I see it so Im avoiding reading the script. Otherwise I'd do it mesa self.

15. Vader Fett

Vader Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 1999
    my biggest worry is that aotc will not cover enough of the story, leaving ep3 with way too much story to tell in 2.25 hours. i highly doubt that lucas will let ep3 go over 2.5 hours even if it means he has to leave stuff out.

other worries:
    1. the media & anti star wars chodes bashing the film cuz of a 2 minute jar jar scene.
    2. "fightin' yoda" may not look right even if the cgi is perfect.
    3. the obi-wan/jango kamino fight scene being too short.
    4. the "all out war" portion of the arena battle (the trailer clips look amazing) being too short.

also, i think a lot of the media is trying to stay away from aotc right now cuz they don't want to hype it up and then look like fools if it isn't a great film. i think the the lack of media hype is a good thing cuz there's not as many people who feel like they need to take the "anti" angle. i also think that some people are waiting to see if aotc really is an improvement on tpm. then they will crank up the big "comeback" stories.

16. EvilLackey

EvilLackey Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2002
    I never thought in a million years that I wouldn't be hyped about a NEW Star Wars movie coming out back when I was younger. Alas, TPM came along and I began to doubt in George Lucas' ability to make a SW movie without catering to little kids and merchandising. I'm one of the BIGGEST SW fans out there and TPM really burned me and to be honest unless AOTCs gets almost 100% positive reviews from this board I doubt if I will waste the time to see it in the theaters like I have all the others.

17. DINVADER

DINVADER Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 25, 2000
    It's supposed to be a PG movie not an R-rated film Evil Lackey. Get off that "adult's only" ego.

18. Xenobi

Xenobi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I AM VERY WORRIED ABOUT THE SCENE WHERE THE YELLOW TWIN ENGINE SPEEDER TAKES OFF.
    I SAW IT AND I THOUGHT I WAS WATCHING AN OLD GODZILLA MOVIE

ANOTHER ONE WOULD BE THE C-3PO ON DROIDS BODY
    THAT IS REDICULOS

19. Sith

Sith Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 8, 1998
    Um.. I have a serious complaint.
    That Deathsticks scene in the music video... that sucked ass. Sleazbaggano needs to be cut from the film NOW. How could they stick with something that cheesy? The acting from Sleazebaggano was so rehearsed and the put-on voice was so try-hard.... If Lucas thinks that was believeable, I guess this movie IS going to be full of awful **** like TPM.

20. Spike_Spiegal

Spike_Spiegal Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    Page 8? I don't think so...

21. Turkey

Turkey Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2002
    i just wanted everyone to know that i think that the romance in this movie will be great. it sounds good already.. ::sighs::

22. Timen_Es_Rath

Timen_Es_Rath Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2002
    All the tpm bachers have come out of the woor work it would seem. Nothing will please them...nothing.

23. TokyoXtreme

TokyoXtreme Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2001
    "Where did you dig up that old fossil?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.