main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Legacy of the Force Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by russelguppy, Apr 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teppler

Teppler Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2006
    No Invincible spoilers. If you want to discuss the whole thing, you'll have to wait two weeks.

2. Jindy

Jindy Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2008
    I'm in the middle of Revelation... and there's something bothering me about the premise, and I was hoping someone around here could clue me in.

Jaina goes to Boba Fett because Boba has this great wealth of experience hunting Jedi. Thing is, I can't think of a single Jedi Boba hunted down. I looked up Boba's entry in Wikipedia, and there's no mention of him successfully hunting down a single Jedi. The closest seems to be a couple run ins with Vader that weren't part of the continuity.

So, can someone tell me how Boba Fett got a reputation for being a Jedi Hunter?

Thanks.

3. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Just because something hasn't been shown doesn't mean it isn't so. After all, we never saw Darth Vader hunt down any Jedi until long after Obi-Wan told us he did.

4. Jindy

Jindy Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2008
    When Obi-wan told us Vader had killed Jedi... we were a half hour into the Saga. Not exactly much to compare it to. And, even then, there wasn't anything to contradict it.

Boba's life isn't unwritten mystery. He's had graphic novels, he's had appearances in films and books. We know that he was 10 at the start of the Clone Wars... and 13 at its end. So was he hunting Jedi during the purge? Not likely. Heck, Lando got the drop on him when he was 18 or 19? So, the odds of Fett going up against a Jedi successfully prior to that is somewhere between slim and none. (Although, we do know he tried to go after Ferris and Obi-wan and failed).

After the Jedi Purge was done... Fett wouldn't have another Jedi to go after until the NJO period (obviously, he didn't hunt Luke down). From what we know of Fett's involvement in the Yuzhan Vong war, he was allied with the Jedi, and wasn't turning them in for bounties.

I admit there's room for more to be written... but to go from a history of never having hunted a Jedi to being a Legendary Jedi Slayer... I figured I must have missed something.

5. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    BEST OF/WORST OF LOTF

What does everyone think were the top 5 best moments of the LOTF series? Why? What made them work?

What about the worst moments? What didn't work and why?

I'll update later with my picks when I get the chance.

6. leia7

leia7 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2007
    Best moments (not including Invincible and all IMO):

Syaal and Myri Antilles - they were just cool.

"The Chair" episode in Inferno - Luke kicks ass and shows that power doesn't necessarily mean fancy tricks

Ben growing up and not being Jacen's stooge - made me so proud of him. Children of the A list don't have it easy.

Jaina and Mirta Gev becoming friends of a sort in Revelation - Jaina badly needed some female company around her age

Leia vs. Tahiri lightsaber fight - Leia Solo, Jedi knight.

Worst moments:

1) Jacen becoming a Sith lord (WHYYYY??????) It could have worked if they wrote it differently but it didn't work.

2) Jaina barely being present during the first half of the series (come ON)

3) Everyone (Han, Leia, Luke, especially Tenel Ka) wondering "what's wrong with Jacen" - listen people, you wouldn't let anyone outside your family act this way.

4) The fact that the war was completely contrived and could have been settled through negotiation if they didn't need to sell any books. Issues should have been more black and white as has been the case in most of Star Wars.

5) have to think of another one...

7. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Worst? Pretty much the whole of Invincible, especially Jacen's death and how Jaina killed him, idiotic main characters who first didn't do anything to stop Jacen's fall and then just forgot about redemption and just wanted to kill him. Jacen's parents were especially bad in this regard. Overall Ben Skywalker and his ascension to demi-godhood even when he did pretty bad things in the series. Also the way Mara died. It was unworthy of her to die in such circumstances where she looked as bad as Jacen, and her Force Ghost was pretty much unearned considering her last actions and really laughable because she had become mute. And I must mention the adulation of the Mandos and how the revelation of Jacen's Sith status was a non-event. Lot of bad things in a horrible series, after which the future is all about Skywalkers and some Imp Fels until the end of the franchise.

Good? Allana, and she should have been shown more, and the revelation of her parentage should have mattered more, we should have been shown how everyone in her father's family reacted to the news of it. But it was pretty much a non-event too.

8. Kyp

Kyp Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    One of the sweetest things I read in this story arc was when Allana's parentage is known to Leia and Han.

Brilliant exchange.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.