main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Question Thread: Newbies Ask Any Questions You Have!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Agent_SkywalKer, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cinnamon_Windu

Cinnamon_Windu Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 10, 2005
    I recently found myself in a similar situation. Someone started a thread in which he said he was drunk, and encouraged others to get drunk. After two other users and I posted that he'd committed a bannable offense, he locked the thread.

2. DRS

DRS Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 3, 2006
    Hello. I'm DRS, and I've got a question. Apparently, this is the place to ask it.

Can you delete posts/PMs after you make/send them?

.:}\DRS/{:.

3. n_i_k_i

n_i_k_i Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2006
    I think only mods can delete posts.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe I read that in one of the forum rules somewhere.

4. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Niki is right, only mods can delete posts and threads. PM's can't be delete by anyone. But if you creatte a poll, you can delete your polls yourself.

If you think it is necessary to delete anything of your posts or threads, you can ask a mod. But make sure it is really necessary. :)

5. Kiki_Firestar

Kiki_Firestar Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 2006
    I know...i learned that hard way....:_| [face_frustrated]

Too bad, isn't it? :mad:

A: Uh...smae as what they said! :D

Q: Do you think that the Senate Floor is, um.....harsh and has no morals?!?!

6. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Ehm... Kiki, is it possible that you mixed up some threads? This isn't the question/answer thread. This thread is for general questions about the board, if you need help or get confused. ;) :)

7. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    They are harsh, but it depends on what you say.

That place is all about politics, and if you don't know yet, you'll soon find out politics is a tough things. It's very two-sided with strong feelings about the issues on both sides.

The best way to not be.... made to feel stupid... there is to either a) go into it open minded and/or b) know what you're talking about and make valid points.

Always use b.

No morals? Perhaps some. :p But, no. It's just, like politics, morals and religion and things of that nature are subjective. :)

Although, I, personally, see most things as black and white.

8. Jensaarai1219

Jensaarai1219 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2006
    A minute ago I posted something and when I clicked on the "here" link that's provided after hitting Post Reply all of my posts on that page were labelled "Anonymous." Why is this? After clicking onto another thread and returning to that one my username was correct but I still found it odd.

9. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    It's just a weird glitch is all.

10. DRS

Dec 3, 2006
    Thanks for answering my question. But now, I'm afraid I have a few more.

If I want to post some of the coding so it will show, how can I do that? i.e. if I want to actually have the 'link' bit showing, the same way as I typed it.

Is there any way to get more than 5 of the same smilies in one post/PM?

I think I heard about people making coloured lines into lightsabres. Does anyone know how I could do that?

I found a reference to stars next to user names, but I haven't seen any. Where are they?

What should I do if I spot a (technical) error? Should I report it to someone?

What's the difference between FF and JC?

Answers would be greatly appreciated.

11. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Why do i know those questions.[face_thinking]
    On a training are you?

Well some help:

there is two kinds of code for smilies, also try to 'quote post' when you see more than five of them to see the code

Both codes that make colours.
    (Hey, play a little in the MUC-thread....)

Look at your WUL

is there a difference between rl and i-net?
    I don't think so:p
    Migh also have to do with size...

12. DRS

Dec 3, 2006
    Thanks, Lanna. And yes, I'm on training.

But I don't understand what you mean by:

Could you please clarify?

Edit: I think I get what you mean by "Both codes that make colours." and "Is there a difference between rl and i-net?", but I still don't get the WUL comment.

13. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Why don't you just think about it some and try to find some answers on your own?[face_batting]
    Being a Master myself I'd rather have my padawans do a little thinking on their own.

So, just play a bit with the mucs color and highlight in the MUC thread, do look at your WUL, and think about the last hint. It should all work out.

*evil-Master-face*

14. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    DRS, this thread isn't for getting the answers to the training program. As Lanna pointed out, you have to do some mind work. But I think it should be much easier now that you some hints. ;)

Thanks, Lanna. :)

15. DRS

Dec 3, 2006
    *Exasperation*

Most of them aren't the same questions. I made sure to try to rephrase them as much as possible, so that I would only BE given hints!

And isn't it considered initiative to find and use various sources of information?

16. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    [face_shame_on_you]

Not the best way to go about finding the answers, my apprentice...

17. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    It's ok to show initiative, but posting the questions/task (even in a re-phrased way) isn't good, even if you just want to get hints. The best way to get hints (if you really need some and can't find the answer on your own) is to ask your Master for some. You're a team and you're working as a team.

18. justicejedi

justicejedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 8, 2006
    usually your master will give you hints about hard tasks, when you ask, at first. this makes training possible yet still challenging. asking OTHER oldbies would be borrowing masters :p and having two masters is on the way to the loony bin 8-}

19. Shi-Ann_Kenobi

Shi-Ann_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 2, 2007
    Question:

There is a link somewhere that I found that give the "list" of colours for text. Well, it told me access denied, (o_O) so....what ARE all fo the colors you can use?

~Shi~

20. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    I'd suggest simply clicking at the arrow next to the 'color' box. Then you'll see for yourself. :)

21. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    To list all colors would be a bit much, so I like to give you the link to it and I hope that it works now. If it still doesn't work for you, let us know and we copy/paste it for you. :)

Here's the link to the complete color listing. :)

22. Shi-Ann_Kenobi

Shi-Ann_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 2, 2007
    Nope, nope, it works now, thanks Skiara. :D

~Shi~

23. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    You're welcome! :)

And if you have more questions, don't hesitate to post them here. :)

24. O-Ren_Ventress

O-Ren_Ventress Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2007
    I got one.....are there any threads just for girls or no!!!!!??????[face_thinking]

25. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    I don't know or better I haven't seen any yet, but if there might be one, I would guess it is at the JCC. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.