main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The *Official* T-shirt and logo thread!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Q99213, Jun 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    That's right Beachtroopers, post your ideas for T-shirts and logos here. If you have a pic that can't link from, e-mail it to me :)

Now, from the meeting last night I've thrown together what I tink we all thought was a good idea.

[image=http://home.cfl.rr.com/mawshipyards/Pics/got%20beach%20back%20copy.jpg]

[image=http://home.cfl.rr.com/mawshipyards/Pics/got%20beach%20front.jpg]

2. jackdoud

jackdoud Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    Be careful using the "Got XXXX?" slogan. I think the guy who did the origional "Got Armor?" t-shirts was approached and told to stop. That's why all the new ones just say imperial forces. You might want to shoot him an email. Just look on ebay and you'll find his addy.

-Jack

3. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Oh really? I'll have to do that. I haven't run into any trouble with the 'Got Thrust?' ERFSEDS shirts, but better to be safe than sorry.

4. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I went ahead and e-mailed the only person currently selling the shirts on e-bay:

Markus,

Thanks for the e-mail and your consideration. I'm not the only guy selling "got xxxx?," so I don't really feel like it's really mine, and I would have certainly have no problem with you or anybody else using a "got xxxx?" slogan on their shirt. I also teach at a junior high school and I see the teenage
    girls wearing shirts that say "got attitude?," or "got flava"? "got milk?" has been a real catchy ad slogan, I feel like you can do anything but "got milk?"

However, I would appreciate you not using one of my helmet graphic designs. I've seen my artwork for helmets blatantly ripped off and put on decals, cigarette lighters, medallions, dog tags, etc. That does bother me quite a bit.

On the other hand, I would like the chance to give you a quote on your t-shirt project. If you had me do it, then, of course, we could use one of my helmet designs if you were so inclined. Or, if you have a design already in mind, I'd still like to give you a quote.

I'd need to know the quantity of shirts, number of colors to be printed, and number of sides to be printed.

If I can be of further help, please let me know.

John

I told him that I'd be happy to get a quote from him once we get things finalized. I don't know how specific he was with the helmet design, but I think I've changed it enough to avoid anything to serious. I told him if we don't go with him that we could redraw the helmet as to not use his design.

5. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    The snorkel is cute!

Perhaps you can add a dive mask or something to the helmet? Maybe that would look too wierd.

On second thought, the snorkel is great by itself. Subtle, yet meaningful!

6. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Thanks :) I had a pair of goggles on it initialy but it looked way too goofy.

7. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I really like it- although I think I would like it more if the website wasn't on there. I realize it's an important part, but I think it would look better with just the simple "Got Beach?".

Do you think we could have some made up?

8. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    No website? Ouch, that hurts. :p

I'd like to see if a few more people are interested before I get any made up. I'd feel really silly saying 'Yes, I would like 3 T-shirts please' plus they would probably be really expensive unless we get at least 10.

We also need to decide on colors and get sizes and A LITTLE MORE FEEDBACK :D

9. jackdoud

Jun 10, 2002
    I'd be interested depending on what prices end up looking like.

-Jack

10. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    If we order 15 the prices are about $8.00 if I get them from the guy that did the 'Got Armor' shirts, which I'll probably do because he seems to know what he's doing. Tell ya what, if you definetely want a shirt, post here and in mid July I'll see how many we can order and get a quote. Then if the price is too high you can still back out.

11. Commander_Farsight

Commander_Farsight Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2003
    Find a pick of a Aquatrooper, I have heard of them in a Star Wars 'source' book somewhere. I think it was a SW:Journals book.

12. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I've seen those, but I don't think most people would know what it was. It looks like a biker scout with whiskers. clickie

13. Commander_Farsight

Commander_Farsight Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2003
    true, but it would be unique.

14. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    It's kinda fun!

15. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Ok, well tell me what you want guys.

Edit: I played around with it a little bit and unless we did something from the chest up and included scuba tanks it would look kinda goofy. if we want to do something from the chest up we could add a shoulder pauldron too, but it may cost more because it would be a bigger graphic. But a Biker Scout with a snorkel looked kinda cool :)

16. jackdoud

Jun 10, 2002
    If you can get them for $8 I'm definatly in.

-Jack

17. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Ok, so that's:

Me
    Jackdoud
    Jayna
    Kashyyyk

Anyone else? Has anyone drawn up any differnet logos?

18. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    Me! me! I want one!

I know black is the standard color for these kinda shirts, but being in FL, I never wear blck t's.

Perhaps white with black lettering/picture? Ash grey?

19. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Awesome! We were thinking about a Navy or Ash color. The ash shirts are actually a few credits cheaper. I don't know how white would work with the trooper though.

Q
    Jack
    Jayna
    Kashyyyk
  20. jackdoud

Jun 10, 2002
    Q,
    You ever seen the Hot Topic Trooper shirts? They've got a stylized trooper on a grey shirt. Looks pretty good. I'd definitly be up for a grey shirt instead of black. I've got way to many black shirts as it is.

-Jack

21. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I agree, I have so many black shirts it hurts. 99% of my SW shirts are black so I like the ash/grey idea better.

22. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    and in true Q fashion...
    [image=http://home.cfl.rr.com/mawshipyards/Pics/got%20beach%20ash%20back%20copy.jpg]

I don't know how much I like this one. I played around with making the text and trooper blue or black and it just didn't look right. Something about hte trooper's eyes just freaks me out :p

And an ash or sport grey would run about $7.60 per shirt based on a figure of 15 shirts.

23. jackdoud

Jun 10, 2002
    make the helmet bigger. That's part of why it looks wierd.

-Jack

24. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    So has anyone had anymore thoughts on the T-shirt/logo?

25. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    I really liked Jack's idea for a stylized type of a logo instead of just a big helmet. If we're going to go with grey instead of black, I think the helmet is going to lose it's effect.

Also, you can add another three shirts onto your tally for how many we will get. My family is all interested in getting shirts. I'm sure I could find more too. The bigger we can make our order, the cheaper they will probably be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.