main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official The Clone Wars Series Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by HedecGa, Jan 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    A chap in LACWAC came across this website, and I say it definitely looks legit. Take a look around, if you don't mind spoilers of the who's-in-the-upcoming-episodes class:

Episode II's Cast List

Some interesting items of note:

Slide Paramita appears to have a female relative debuting. Furthermore, he now has a species. Excellent video game reference there, IMO.

Concordia is Mandalore's moon.

Kaminoan Senator. Hmmmm.

Not too many new Separatists, but a heck of a lot of bounty hunters.

Hondo might be back!!!
    :D

EDIT: Just noticed Malastare under planets... neat.

There's also a "harvester" in Ep. 17... could this be related to Ukio, perhaps?

2. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Yes, that site. I have mentioned my preliminary thoughts over at the continuity thread.

Though now that I look at it again, I think I am beginning to see what the upcoming episodes are going to be about...to a small extent

216: CIS Dreadnought, Admiral Trench, Republic Stealth Ship. Space battle obviously enough. I bet the CIS want to capture the Stealth Ship

217: Sugi'a bounty hunters, harvester....well, it's about Sugi's bounty hunters.

218: Giant Monster, Stun Tank....Godzilla, in my Star Wars? It's more likely than you think.

3. Scolai

Scolai Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2009
    The Mandalore Plot

Some highlights here (bolding mine):
    Originally introduced as concept art that ultimately became the basis for bounty hunter Boba Fett, the Mandalorians have been favorites within the Star Wars fan community for years, even though much remains to be discovered about their culture, their history, or their in-universe origins. With only glimpses into the true nature of these mysterious warriors, they have long been the subject of rampant fan speculation and discourse. And now they are making their Clone Wars debut.

?This is how George has always envisioned the Mandalorians,? says Supervising Director Dave Filoni. ?Of course, people immediately think of the iconic Fett armor, because that?s all we?ve had to go on for so many years; it?s mysterious, and we?ve built up that mystique as fans. But Boba and Jango Fett aren?t necessarily what I would consider accurate representatives of the Mando culture. They?re bounty hunters and outlaws ? totally rogue. If you go way back to the original concepts, the Mandalorians were a group of supercommando troops; it?s only now that George is really bringing that to the screen. They?re in the series because he wanted to define their culture, to explore the foundations of this warrior faction.?

*Grabs some popcorn*
    *Waits for the internet to break in half*

4. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Oh crap.

So, all that content and novels and games were just "speculation"?

5. Scolai

Dec 31, 2009
    Nah, it'll work out, it'll just take a lot of hammering. Some stuff might have to go, but some can be fixed. Maybe not to everyone's liking though...

However, it certainly seems like many concepts will be changing in the next 48 hours.

6. HedecGa

HedecGa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2006
    Originally introduced as concept art that ultimately became the basis for bounty hunter Boba Fett, the Mandalorians have been favorites within the Star Wars fan community for years, even though much remains to be discovered about their culture, their history, or their in-universe origins. With only glimpses into the true nature of these mysterious warriors, they have long been the subject of rampant fan speculation and discourse.

[face_laugh]:_|[face_laugh]=D= Really? I mean, really? o_O

One day when this is all retconned to not be ridiculous, we'll all look back on this and laugh at ourselves :p

7. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Well, I am holding out for a chance that some Republic Allied Mandos (a la Cuy'val Dar) aid Obi Wan in the latter two episodes of the trilogy.

I'm sure that people would be happy if the True Mandalorians came to at least do something relevant to the plot.

8. Xicer

Xicer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2008
    Seriously...the Mandalorians are one of the most fleshed-out civilizations in the Star Wars universe.

9. Scolai

Dec 31, 2009
    Proof positive that George really doesn't read the novels or most of the other EU stuff.

Also that a certain author might have strayed quite a bit off the path and the editors didn't stop them. If mandos were off limits to the TV folks till now, I have to wonder if they weren't supposed to be off limits elsewhere too, and hanging stories as being about commandos might have been a shady work around that is now running into trouble.

10. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Too ture. You might as well say we get only glimpses of Tatooine and much remains to be seen about its architecture, it population, and its relation to the Hutts.

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Bump! I hadn't realized this one had fallen out of use- but this way there's a discussion/reaction thread for the series for those who don't want to get bogged down in the ongoing continuity discussion that is the primary focus of the otehr thread.

12. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    Ah. This is where I meant to be.[face_coffee]

13. ThisIsMadness91

ThisIsMadness91 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 19, 2009
    The latest episode turned out to be better than I thought it would be. The narrator in next week's preview bugged me, though. The narrator himself isn't the problem, but rather what he has to say. It sounds like they're trying way too hard to relate to the younger viewers.

14. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    That's been a general flaw in the CWAS from the beginning.

15. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    So stacking plates is a Gungan art?:p Well, either way I found the episode pretty boring. Jar Jar was the highlight of the show and I can't believe I just said that and meant it. Somehow Jar Jar was actually funnier than he'd ever been before. His voice work was much funnier. More ad-libbing I guess?

I just found those cute little Toydarians discussing politics with Bail boring. Maybe because it's been the same conversation since 2002.

And is it me or does Bail have a hint of an accent in TCW? Am I hearing things?

What I like the best so far in season 3 is the use of time. I like the way arcs from season 1 are both concluding and beginning. The flash forward and backwards while a bit confusing is still a pretty creative way of spreading out 3 years of war in what will probably be at least 5 seasons. I feel like we're still in the first year with some of the episodes which might clash with the notion that the characters are supposed to be worn down by the war this season.

16. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I agree about the "senate meeting" was incredibly boring. They basically just repeated the same thing over and over again.

"Millions are dying!"
    "It's a war!"
    "Maybe we should repeat this all again."

I'm all for politics, but this was really pretty boring.

17. HedecGa

HedecGa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2006
    I'm not a fan of the politics. We have to listen to enough of that crap in real life--I want some escapist action/fantasy.

Having said that, I'm sort of glad it's there, just because it gives a more well-rounded feel to the war.

18. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    It's really a pity the new Separatist Parliament looks so serious in the trailers. I was rather hoping that our first view of the Separatist leadership in action would be more akin to the infamous Mofference.

[image=http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100407044053/starwars/images/2/29/Central_Committee.JPG]
    This is how SW politics is done!

19. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    I figure the Parliament will be serious, but the actual council from the PT will be the hilrious mishmash of bumbling aliens we all love. ;)

A Seperence! [face_mischief]

20. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    ...does that guy have a blaster earring?

21. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    Cooper, I fear I must question your status as a true Star Wars aficionado. You mean to say you've never encountered the Man with the Blaster Earring before?

22. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Yes. It's mentioned nearly every time he appears in the text, too. e.g.
    A few moments passed before on of the grand moffs grew bold enough to speak. "I suggest the planet Tatooine," said Grand Moff Dunhausen, who wore earrings, little ornaments shaped like laser pistols. "We can take over the Mos Eisley spaceport!"

No word on whether they're actually working laser pistols... :p

EDIT: Late.

23. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    :_| I miss GODV!

So Filoni said he hands Lucas some of the old books and comics to check out when they're coming up with ideas. So theoretically, could that mean GODV might pass by his desk one of these days? Should we be concerned GODV continuity will be messed with? Should we be concerned, period?[face_thinking]

24. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    Ah, GODV, my first venture into the EU. I don't care what anyone says, they're excellent works of literature. ;)

Wouldn't it be great to have a Star Destroyer captain in TCW with blaster earrings? [face_mischief]

25. Senator_Cilghal

Senator_Cilghal Jedi Master star 5

Jul 19, 2003
    wait what is this about Slide Paramita and his sister and species? I'm not seeing what you are referring to...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.