main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX The "Official Theatre" for Houston

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Spiff_Skywalker, Apr 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spiff_Skywalker

Spiff_Skywalker Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2002
    Does anyone know if an "official" theatre has been designated? For Ep1 it was the Katy Tinsletown. I suggest the Edwards in Greenway Plaza.

I'd love to have the same excitement and energy as we did in Katy: camping out, lining up and the awesome midnight show!

MTFBWY

2. Guybrush

Guybrush Jedi Master star 3

Oct 18, 2001
    Yes!!! Edwards at Greenway is the way to go. It is my favorite theatre. This should be the official location.

3. Jaina02

Jaina02 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 1999
    What do you mean by "official?"

4. Omegacron

Omegacron Jedi Master

Mar 7, 2002
    As much as I would love to see the movie with other fans, I will probably be seeing it at the AMC 24 in Humble. It's only a 15 min. drive for me, and a really nice theater. With any luck, I can catch the first showing...

5. Jaina02

Oct 8, 1999
    Agreed Omegacron I will probably just go to my regular theater. That way I am guaranteed a seat (hopefully) for the midnight showing!

6. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    all the regular theaters I go to are usually stuffed to the max anyways. [grumbles] stupid teenage pre-teen shmucks going out every weekend just to go out.... [/grumbles]

But I'll fight my way through the crowd!

7. bebo_lokk

bebo_lokk Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 16, 2001
    amc 30 on the gulf freeway, there and in costume!

8. DECO_DROID

DECO_DROID Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    amc 30 is where we'll be as well. has anyone heard anything on the "no midnight shows for aotc" story? i hope it's not true...

9. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Woo hoo for Gulf Pointe 30! I was at Katy for TPM. But Gulf Pointe 30 is close to home. If for any reason that doesn't work, I suppose I could drag over to the new Cinemark in Webster. That's not too far, but it's too crowded.

I want tickets now!

10. Jaina02

Oct 8, 1999
    For anyone who goes to a Cinemark, I emailed them today asking about what their policy is going to be for EpisodeII. I'll post something here when I find out information!

11. Ultimate_ED

Ultimate_ED Jedi Youngling

Nov 20, 2001
    I'll be at AMC Gulf Point 30 again. It had quite an impressive crowd and we had a great time waiting for TPM.

12. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Thanks, Jaina. That would be sweet. I'm going to start contacting AMC soon.

Ultimate, I agree. I saw TPM at Gulf Pointe 30 almost all of the other times I saw it. I saw it later in the day on opening day (after I saw it at Katy at midnight) and it was fun.

13. Elf

Elf Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 21, 1998
    Hey, all you Gulf Pointe 30 peoples...mind if me and the hubby join you?

14. DECO_DROID

Mar 13, 2002
    by all means, come to the amc 30! to me, it's far enough out of town that you avoid excess crowds like previouly stated. for tpm, we arrived at 11:15, not knowing if we would be able to get tickets, and ended up seeing the 12:01 screening in the biggest theater! by the way, i saw a thread somewhere concerning not applauding/going nuts when the sw logo first appears. they thought it was rude to do so. i think it's fine, but what do you guys think?

15. Elf

Elf Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 21, 1998
    AMC Gulf Pointe is my main movie theater anyways. We saw EP I at the Pasadena Cinemark and it was great there too! 12:01am showing.

I think we should all applaud. People are going to anyways. I did it for the SE, and I did it for EP1.

16. Jaina02

Oct 8, 1999
    Heck, I applauded for the trailers!

17. ErikaKenobi_04

ErikaKenobi_04 Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2002
    You guys are all so lucky. I probably won't be able to go to the midnight showing, since I really don't think my mom would let me go. I'll most likely go see it on a Saturday.

18. DECO_DROID

Mar 13, 2002
    well, apparently you are living at home and would have to go to school the next day (by the way it sounds). if i were still in school, i'd be in the same boat, and really, that's pretty late to be staying out, but when you can take the day off and sleep in, it doesn't matter! :) hey, it's still cool seeing it on a friday or saturday night. i know we plan to dress up for the first few showings, so it makes it cool for the kids! i remember seeing tpm at woodlands tinseltown, and all these little kids were watching us like we were really from the movie! that's partly why we do it...hey, how many times do you guys plan to wear your costumes?

19. DarthSaltboy

DarthSaltboy Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 2001
    Just curious, does anybody know about any theaters in the Houston area that are converting to digital screening?

Also, don't you think the Giant Screen theater at the Edwards on would be playing AOTC? That would be pretty cool.

If neither of the above is an option, I'd go for the Grand Palace theater at the Edwards Cinemas by Greenway. That's a pretty dang nice screen!

20. DECO_DROID

Mar 13, 2002
    that screen is cool! i've only been there once. it's almost too big! i would have to sit in the last row to take it all in. and i haven't heard of any digital theater conversions in houston, at least not in time for aotc...

21. Jaina02

Oct 8, 1999
    The IMAX screen at Edwards Theater is specifically for IMAX formatted movies, so it probably won't be showing it on it.

22. DarthSaltboy

DarthSaltboy Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 2001
    1. It's no longer an official IMAX theater. It's now called a "Giant Screen."

2. They have shown first run movies on the giant screen before. They did with Pearl Harbor last year.

23. Elf

Elf Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 21, 1998
    Does anyone know when Gulfpointe will be selling advance tix?

I really, really want to go to the midnight showing.

24. Padme-Ami-Skywalker

Padme-Ami-Skywalker Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2002
    I am torn between my usual theatre-- AMC 24 First Colony and Edwards Marq*E 23... UHHH! Either way they will both be pact... I can't go at midnight, because I have a thing called school, so no line waiting excitment for me... but I am leaving school early for an "APPOINTMENT". Hehe, So I still get to go ON OPENING DAY. I won't dress up, but I didn't say I won't carry a lightsaber.-- P.A. Sky

25. dracula766

dracula766 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    MY CHOICE IS EDWARDS GRAND PALACE FOR AFTER MIDNITE SHOWINGS (SINCE ITS 2 BLOCKS FROM MY JOB) AS FAR AS OPENING DAY, MY SON & I WILL BE AT GULF POINTE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.