main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG The Officially Unofficial Social Thread 2

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by bobafett81, Sep 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    Welcome To The Officially Unofficial Social Thread 2!

Discuss anything under the sun other than Star Wars!

2. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    To kick off this thread, a Q to ponder:

How Has 911 affected your life? Or it hasn't?

3. tmingyang

tmingyang Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2002
    None of my business.

Boba Look at your thread "Unleashed figurine released in S'pore" @ Rebelscum. See how those idiot Americans insult S'pore.

4. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Let's be calm here...

they do not represents the majority...

oh, i see the original thread can actually post... i opened this one up becoz i cannot post there... so seems like my thread is extra... paiseh...

5. TK-625

TK-625 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2002
    Tmingyang, easy there dude. Like every other country in the world, EVEN Singapore, they will be the minority that feel and act like a$$holes. Don't judge a Country based on those minor few.

In actual fact, alot of Americans are very supportive of Singapore and vice versa, UP TO AND INCLUDING the US Military. I know THAT for a fact. End of story.

That said, my Mom is from San Diego and I have alot of American friends. I take slight offense at that remark.

6. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    TK-625 : I'm sorry if my remark offend u. My stand is clear, right from that day. I don't try to be fake here nor am I a hyprocritical person. I don't say it if I don't mean. Did u see me say I sympathize the Americans for what the terrorists have done onto them? Yes, it does affect me when the first news report came in. It affects me because I was surprised that such inhumane acts still exist. Yes, I feel sorry for those who lost their love ones.

But the question here is whether it has affect me. My interpretaion is whether the ongoing war affects me but not whether 9/11, the day itself make me feel sad. It does make sense if I say it's none of my business to see a war going on.

Do u think the American will feel sorry if say one of our buildings here collapsed due to Terrorist attack. I wonder in the first place if CNN will play the footage.

Lastly, I got no stand as to who's right who's wrong. Everyone knows the newspaper is subjective. The TIME and newsweek magazine also are subjective. What we are exposed to are just one sided story. No one knows who's the ultimate bad guy is. So we are never in the position to deduce who's the naughty guy, who's the one who started it. Maybe god knows it.

This is only my stand only. And I write out what I feel, sorry for being blunt to whoever who read this. This is just me. Did I tell anyone, my dream is to become a politician?

7. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    How to Identify a SINGAPOREAN:

(1) Singaporeans cannot stand it when outsiders criticize their country, but Singaporeans themselves love to criticize her own people and government.

AGREE??

:D

8. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    Yeah. But I do recognise what Singapore has done for me. W/o the steady education system, I'm nothing.

9. TK-625

Jul 28, 2002
    "See how those idiot Americans insult S'pore."

Tmingyang, while I appreciate and respect your personal views and opinions on that 9/11 incident, my offense at your remark stems from that statement above...nothing else.

10. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    911 has really changed my life... remember when I was in NS last year... had to perform Guard Duties alternate days... so sad...

And 1 year on, seeing all the images on TV again really affected my mood one way or another... imagine 4000 people all went down with the WTC...

11. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    TK-625: I need not clarify y I made those remark. But to clear your unhappiness, if u read properly, I was referring to those who insult Singapore at that forum.

12. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Dun worry, I have shhot the guy back liao... the thread was started by me, BTW...

The kind admin has also closed the thread down too! So case closed!

13. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    Cool. Justice done.

Hey is there any cats @ tekong?

14. TK-625

Jul 28, 2002
    Water under the bridge dude. :)

On that note, anybody here a big fan Extreme Sports?

15. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    Really? Will your officier ask u to catch as a form of punishment?

Nope. I watch mainstream sport eg. soccer. Blame it on the pay to view system. I have no SCV that's y.

16. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    Anyone following Basketball news these few days? The USA dream team lost the last 3 matches consecutively and they have finished 6th. They have been unbeaten since 1992 when professional BBallers are allowed into the national team.

Is this good news or bad news? Does this mean their dominance in this sport is over? Or will this serve as a wake up call and motivate to stage a fightback in the next tournament?

The recent results have definitely made this sport more open. W/ more teams able to match up with the US. Also it's pretty boring to see the same ppl winning all the time.
    F1: Michael Shummacher
    Tennis-Williams sister, McEnroe, Samprass
    Soccer: Man Utd
    Golf: Tiger Woods

17. L0rd-NyaX

L0rd-NyaX Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2002
    SOccer i think you meant REAL MADRID :p

18. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    Haha.Coz I don't like Real Madrid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AC Milan my favourite!

19. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Asia passed thru 11 Sep with no major terrorist acts...

20. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Hi.

I'm buying a digital camera soon. And need your advice for a good one. Thks.

21. synchroniz3r

synchroniz3r Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2002
    i wanna get a digi cam too !!

lets get one together hehe.. damn ex leh

22. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    How much is one average Digital Cam?

23. synchroniz3r

May 31, 2002
    2nd hand min $200

average ones around 300-400.

good ones can reach up to 1k

24. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    my budget is 900-500

25. synchroniz3r

May 31, 2002
    woah u sure got alot of cash.. why not get a cheaper model and offer to sponsor some of the $$ for my digicam?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.