main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx the possible future of the PFF...

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by sideshow212, Feb 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    i would like to assure everyone that we have not abandoned fanforce.
    most of us are discussing certain aspects of the future of fanforce here...

so, i guess this would be the 'official' place to go to avoid the TFN fallout...

in an effort to keep everyone together, i urge to to sign up at the aforementioned site in this uncertain time...

further detains can be had from me via IM or email...

2. Sistine

Sistine Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Um...what is going on?

I am so out of the loop...

3. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    Sister, lose the icon. Only nekkid people allowed.

Check this thread for all the answers

And sideshow and Void, red is not your color :mad:

4. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    it seems they have recanted at least a fraction and allowed us the traditional VIP status of an ex-mod...

5. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    As I said in Comms not good enough

6. blackfeather

blackfeather Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2002
    done and done, Sideshow. now we just need to build a thread or something at which to meet, at this proposed "Alpha site."

teehee.

7. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    I need someone to online so I can get them proofread a post a for me [face_plain]

8. Commander_Choad

Commander_Choad Jedi Master star 4

Sep 11, 2002
    Go right ahead -
    where do you want me to go?

9. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Too late... Already posted the second version :p

It's been great to know all of you, and you are all welcome to hang out in the RMFF.net boards, but I cannot continue someplace that has shown such a total disregard for the people who made it great.

10. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    You're asking ZOO to tell you where to go? Very brave or very stupid but since you sitting right next to me and just said that THIS ISN'T A FLAME

And . . .

I have now been given REAL LIFE consequences if I don't stay out of COMMS. And unfortunately for me, at least one of my brothers agrees with the person who holds the authority to bring about the RL consequences. [face_plain]

11. Anwelei

Anwelei Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 26, 2001
    ZOO! you aren't allowed to leave us. :confused:

and Jada, what on earth did you do?!

12. Jedi_PrincessAZ

Jedi_PrincessAZ Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 2003
    Okay, I'm registered! What forum are you using over there?

13. Talon Squad Leader

Talon Squad Leader Former Manager star 5

Dec 22, 1999
    TF.N has seen really bad times before. It is good to have a backup plan, but the boards are more resiliant than you may think.

14. Toasty_McGrath

Toasty_McGrath Jedi Youngling

Jan 22, 2004
    Okay, I am so lost and none of the links seem to lead anywhere. can someone sum up the whole situation briefly for those of us who just don't get it?

15. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Here's a good start.

I'm busy getting caught up at the new OFH and CR forum, but I'll try to post a recap soon.....

16. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    A re-post of what I said in the RMFF Forum:

Right now, the CR's and RSA's are discussing the benefits of FF breaking off. Right now, the list looks something like this:

Benefits staying

It's free
    We get "walk ins" from the JC
    There is so much already established there
    TF.N is one of the biggest fansites in the world, disassociating with it might be a mistake
    -people who don't like change will be happy

Benefits of Leaving

2 words; Phillip Wise
    outdated board technology (this board is cool!)
    slight possibility of getting connected with starwars.com and the official fan club, even if we do have to pay
    establishing our own TOS and our own secure contact list of Real Life info if deamed neccessary
    -FF can run itself, without having to answer to anyone else, but FF.
    -Better emoticons, color schemes and easier use of codes.
    -We get to start over from scratch (and possibly move some and/or all of the old threads
    -people who like change will be happy
    -much, much better features on the new format. (look at the bottom --we have a lot of cool new tools to use.
    -CR's can moderate their Chapters.

Problems of Leaving

Re-establishing ourselves
    leaving a "comfort zone"
    funding a new board
    attracting new members
    -possibly losing some members who don't want to make the move.
    -possibility of losing old threads

Now, i think that FF will break off. This will take a bit, but it probably will happen. To see what the new forums may look like, Go Here.

Personally, I don't mind if we start over. FF is about the people, not the posts. According to Phil Wise, all her cares about is the money, and he has no problem with nuking the boards here.

FF is seen as the bastard stepchild in the eyes of the PTB at TFN. Always have, always will, IMHO, and I've been with FF since before it was part of TFN. Waaaay back when, FF was on separate boards, and the merged the forums. IMHO this was a mistake from the beginning. But I digress....

...The RMFF (read: PFF, and any other FF) will continue to operate (I would assume --I don't want to step on SC's toes, she's the CR after all), and it doesn't matter where we post, as long as we stick together. From what I've seen, FF will come out of this MUCH stronger if we break away.

The biggest benefit will be that we, the fans, will be in charge of our destiny without having to worry if PW has his panties in a bunch and summarily decides to nuke the forums out of spite. He threatened to basically do that in one of his posts in the Mod Squad.

To sum up, the future of the board on TFN are in question as is. The leadership there doesn't care about you, or me, or anyone, unless they buy a signed Carrie Fisher autograph from C2 Ventures. He flat out does. not. care. about us. Do you want to operate on a daily basis under someone like that? I don't, and that's why most of the CR's and above want to go somewhere else.

I hope that explains it...

17. mrbunny666

mrbunny666 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2002
    Is it possible we can wait less than 2 weeks for the March meeting to decide a majority YAY or NAY on staying here or leaving?

Besides, if we do decide to amscray, its alot more effective for it to be organized, planned & all leave at once.

18. ChoadsGirl

ChoadsGirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2002
    If it's not broke, don't fix it. It wasn't "broken" until they "tried to fix it"

Moses we will follow you into the desert.

19. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    CG - how can we follow him into the desert when we are already there? 8-}

20. Sistine

Sistine Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    This Hand is ready!

21. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    I'd like to throw in her that this isn't a PFF is moving here, do it or you're not a member. We want to break away, but will still maintain a presence here to encourage new people where to meet up. We also have our friends here that we will not be abandoning.

Ideally I'd like to get the region moved over and will be working on that end. We'll discuss this at the regular meeting and make sure everybody is brought up to speed.

22. Anwelei

Anwelei Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 26, 2001
    I'd just like to say, i'm liking the rational plans coming forth. Now i don't have to panic halfway across the world. *has faith in the leaders of our FFs* :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.