main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The prophecy is coming true

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Perfect_Dark, May 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perfect_Dark

Perfect_Dark Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 18, 2001
    Hello,

YODA
    Masking the future, is this
    disturbance in the force.

and I'll do my best to clear it up for everyone!

This is my new thread, and home.
    Feel free to discuss everything that is in here!
    And I?ll be adding tib-its every now and then!

2. Mort

Mort Jedi Master star 4

Aug 25, 2000

So, is Yoda the first to notice this major disturbance, or have others noticed it before him?

3. Perfect_Dark

Mar 18, 2001
    MACE WINDU is hot on the trail...

but YODA is the master!

4. Perfect_Dark

Mar 18, 2001
    well.... i think it is time that i make a proper response to the probing the dark side threads

YODA
    And only thoes who have turned to the Dark Side can sence the possibilities of the future. Only going through the Dark Side can we see.

Yoda talking to Mace Windu!

this is early in the movie and before we (the audience) know anything!

(edit= well before the audience knows much,)

5. Mort

Mort Jedi Master star 4

Aug 25, 2000

So by probing the Dark Side, is Yoda in danger of losing himself to it?

6. Bithysith

Bithysith Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 6, 2000
    Oh sweet! So you *do* have to use the Dark Side to probe the future... that really makes the scene in ESB look even more interesting, now that we know the method both Yoda and Luke are using.

7. Perfect_Dark

Mar 18, 2001
    i'm not saying that- just look at what YODA says.

i don't think that the dark side in NEEDED to look foward- but it is when they are DARK TIMES TO COME.

8. Mort

Mort Jedi Master star 4

Aug 25, 2000
    From ESB:

YODA: You must not go!

LUKE: But Han and Leia will die if I don't.

BEN'S VOICE: You don't know that.

BEN: Even Yoda cannot see their fate.

LUKE: But I can help them! I feel the Force!

BEN: But you cannot control it. This is a dangerous time for you, when you will be tempted by the dark side of the Force.

[edit] Nevermind seems we were off track.

9. Bithysith

Oct 6, 2000
    So... in order to sense the "dark times to come", you have to peer past the dark side itself? That has some implications as well.

10. Perfect_Dark

Mar 18, 2001
    well the jedi seem fast and quick but it is a trick coz they can see into the future... like ANAKIN in his pod racing.

11. Mort

Mort Jedi Master star 4

Aug 25, 2000

So when Yoda looks to the future all he can see is blackness, evil, the Dark Side?

Maybe Yoda's experience is similar to the scene in CTHD when Chow Yun Fat mentions the great sadness that came over him during his meditation?

12. Perfect_Dark

Mar 18, 2001
    ummm ?? have not seen CTHD

13. Mort

Mort Jedi Master star 4

Aug 25, 2000

Chow Yun Fat plays a warrior monk. Basically the gist of the scene is that he was looking for enlightenment from his meditation but found only a vast empty sadness permeating his being.

Maybe Yoda is trying to see into the future but all he can detect is the presence of the Dark Side, which acts like a black shroud hiding the future from him.

14. jedi-girl

jedi-girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2000
    It seems to me that because dark times are coming, when Yoda probes the future he has to meditate on the intention those using the dark side (the Sith) to foresee the future.

15. Perfect_Dark

Mar 18, 2001
    YES.. that what i think! :)

(MORT)

16. Perfect_Dark

Mar 18, 2001
    Well i'm off

back later! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

17. Mort

Mort Jedi Master star 4

Aug 25, 2000

Thanks for the info PD! :D

18. Uncle Owen

Uncle Owen Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 1999
    Yes, thanks PD! Glad to see you've returned once again.

19. Mort

Mort Jedi Master star 4

Aug 25, 2000

"well the jedi seem fast and quick but it is a trick coz they can see into the future... like ANAKIN in his pod racing."

So if the Dark Side is obscuring the future for Yoda, it is probably obscuring the future for the rest of the Jedi as well. The Jedi seem to rely pretty heavily on trusting their instincts and their heightened sense of what's to come. If the Jedi can't see through to the future, they would become weak and less powerful as the obscuring veil, or darkside grew. Maybe to the point were even a bad shot like a stormtrooper could get the jump on them. ;)

Losing their ability to see the future would be like the Jedi version of Kryptonite or slow moving plague.

Wow! If I'm on the right track here there are some heavy implications in this. The balance of the force, would make alot more sense. The darkside would have a definitive advantage. All of Palpatine's "Just as I have foressen" lines would have more weight. It might explain Yoda and Obi-Wan's seeming complacency while waiting twenty years for Luke to come along. It might explain how they knew to wait for Luke, maybe he appeared to them as a bright shining point past the darkness. The proverbial light at the end of the tunnel.

I can't believe more people haven't responded to this thread, this is huge news.

20. Bithysith

Oct 6, 2000
    <<The Jedi seem to rely pretty heavily on trusting their instincts and their heightened sense of what's to come. If the Jedi can't see through to the future, they would become weak and less powerful as the obscuring veil, or darkside grew...

Wow! If I'm on the right track here there are some heavy implications in this. The balance of the force, would make alot more sense. The darkside would have a definitive advantage. All of Palpatine's "Just as I have foressen" lines would have more weight.>>

This is great stuff, Mort. It sure helps to explain how Palpatine can walk among them undetected. He is literally "pulling the wool over their eyes".

21. jedi-girl

jedi-girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2000
    great speculation!
    I really like the comparison, Mort, to use of the dark side to obscure the future the Jedi equivalent of kryptonite.This is giving us new insight into how the dark side operates. I did wonder how Palpatine's connection with the dark side could go unnoticed by the Jedi... Sidious is a master of secrecy and cunning. The Jedi didn't even know what to look for, the dark side is like a foreign language, they have no way of interpreting the changes in the Force, until it is too late.

For Obi-wan and Yoda, I think we're going to understand completely why they are in hiding after Epi3 ...and yes, I agree, Mort that Luke, and Leia, too! will be a"light at the end of the tunnel", they will truly be the new hope.

all very cool! :)

22. chitwood

chitwood TheForce.Net co-owner star 4 VIP

May 12, 1999
    Oh my ... this is too good not to post!Continue the speculation ...

Josh

23. AJA

AJA Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1998
    Cool. You rock, PD.

24. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Glad to see my theory was a good one, been saying this for ages. ;) :)

25. Tellesto

Tellesto Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 1999
    Interesting this is...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.