main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY The Rebellion Merchandise Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Sep 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Just saw this as part of a post about CIII by jedi_master_sal:

On a side note, make some t-shirt, patches or anything else for your group. I'm planning on doing that for Pittsburgh, so we can trade with other FF's. It would be cool to get "official" gear/stuff from other FF's. Would really help in bringing all of FF together.

It reminded me that I've been meaning to post about t-shirts for a while now. If folks are interested - I'd be willing to set-up a cafepress store like we have for the Tranquility (www.cafepress.com/usstranquility) and like SWAP has (http://www.cafepress.com/salzswapshop).

I was guessing we'd have the same logo that was on the vinyl banner that we just got made up. We can also make up something to go on the back of the t-shirts too.

Also, I don't know if anything ever came of the WNY FF t-shirt idea posted way back in Aug 2003. I found a couple threads from 2002 about t-shirts too, but I don't think they're really relevant at this point.

Here's the thread about the t-shirts made up for the Episode II IMAX event. I believe there are still a few of these left over.

So what are people's thoughts? I think it would be nice to have something done maybe by UNY-Con or even Mighty Mini if we get going fast enough.

~Doc_Bev

2. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    I'd like a Rebellion t-shirt and I think Tom would too.

3. MaxReBoot11

MaxReBoot11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2003
    New shirts would rock!
    Can we something that isn't on black this time though? I like my old shirt, but Star Wars doesnt make me that morbid enough to wear it alot....

If you want, I got the skills and software to do some designin'.. I think I had mentioned that LAST year, however I was then promptly detained by the RIT Imperial Academic Squad and held from attending meetings.
    But I could do something this time -- I swear! lol

I'm psyched to see this new banner... anyone have a pict of it available to see???

~Molly

4. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Through cafepress at least I don't think there are any black t-shirts. They have white, grey, bright green, bright yellow and maybe a couple other colors.

Here's a link to a PDF version of the new banner: http://www.rochesterfandom.com/RebellionBanner.pdf

I figured we could have the logo on one side of the shirt and maybe some pithy saying on the other side.

~Doc_Bev

5. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    No black?!!! I guess I would go with the grey then. Cafepress seems to be the easiest thing to do. I would buy one.

6. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    No black?!!! I guess I would go with the grey then. Cafepress seems to be the easiest thing to do. We should have some kind of saying on the back. I have always liked "Friendship through the Force" Or we can do something like "So, whats your medichlorian count" :p

7. TD-027

TD-027 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2004
    I would like a T-shirt! And You could probably start a thread to get a list of "Sayings or Star Wars" Quotes for the T-Shirt, we could vote on the ones we like??? Just a thought!

Duane

8. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I think we could continue to post ideas here and then start a new thread once we have enough to make a poll.

How cafepress works I can put a different phrase on each t-shirt style. I've started the store up at http://www.cafepress.com/rebellionswff and put up a sample of each of the styles of shirts they have. The logo is just a sample, the final graphic will have the red emblem instead and will probably be a bit larger. Also the graphic can be either on the whole front of the shirt or just in the "pocket" area for any of the shirts (except the golf shirt can only be "pocket" style).

So I still think people should post their ideas, but depending on what style shirt each person likes, they might be able to get a different quote.

In any case, check out the store as it is so far and let's keep discussing what we'd like.

~Doc_Bev

9. BlueRoommate

BlueRoommate Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2002
    oooh, a polo/ golf style shirt would be completely awesome. I'd definately get one of those! I already have a million t-shirts I never wear- a polo shirt might get worn to work, though...

10. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    I do like some of the new styles from cafepress....

11. BlueRoommate

Nov 1, 2002
    I love 'em. I really like the smaller logo in the "pocket" area. I'm a big fan of colors, too. I almost don't want the emblem in red, either... almost...

12. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    Too bad we couldn't have our favorite character on the front and the Rebellion symbol on the back.

13. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Some of the shirts do come in different colors. For example the Ringer T-shirt comes in yellow, pink or mint (but only the yellow one is shown). I suppose depending on the t-shirt color/style we could have the emblem in a different color other than red so that it matches better.

Yeah, it's too bad about those darn copyright issues. It would have been cool to have favorite characters on our shirts. But personally I'm OK with it - I have dozens of SW t-shirts, but no Rebellion ones. So I'd rather have the logo on the front anyways.

So what about quotes?

So far we have Jeff's two:
    Friendship through the Force
    So, what's your midiclorian count?

Any others?

I know some groups are doing official CIII shirts for those in their club attending that. I thought that would be kind of cool, but I can't think of a good quote for that right now...

~Doc_Bev

14. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    I like "So, what's your midiclorian count?"

Cracks me up... :p

15. BlueRoommate

Nov 1, 2002
    Call me crazy, but I prefer no quote- I'm into simplicity in shirts that way. Just a small logo on the front is nice.

16. TD-027

TD-027 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2004
    I kinda like "Scruffy Looking Nerfherder" :p

Duane

17. BlueRoommate

Nov 1, 2002
    yeah, ok, that one is funny....

18. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Well, I think, BlueRoommate, since you're the only one who has taken a fancy to the golf shirt so far - you can probably pick exactly how you want it. So if you don't want anything on the back (which I don't think golf shirts normally do anyways) then that's fine by me - that's how I'll make it. You can probably also pick what color for the logo too.

This is going to be so great! I'm going to have a hard time picking what quote and style t-shirt I want for myself and Connor...

~Doc_Bev

19. DarkjediAssasin

DarkjediAssasin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2003
    you think we can get "got force?" for the quote or are there copyright issue with that?
    ...."all your Force are belong to us" lol

20. BlueRoommate

Nov 1, 2002
    Oooooh, too cool. Actually, the way it was pictured on the site is very fine by me. With the red- to make the picture stand out just the slightest from the text. The best part is, I always have to wear a sweater over my shirts at work, because the guys keep the temp somewhere between Hoth and absolute zero, so I could even wear it to work without fear of them riding me too much for being a "nerd" (um, they're engineers....)

It's nice to see colors, and options other than plain t-shirts. I think I want one of each, LOL.

21. ltcmdrtom

ltcmdrtom Jedi Master

Apr 7, 2004
    Personally I like the Thong but they don't seem to carry it in my size ;-)

22. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    Thanks for that mental image ltcmdrtom. :p I guess everyone could do there own thing. I was thinking of a slogan for the whole club to use on shirts and what ever. Of course since they are made to order you could opt. not to have it on or do something else. I guess this would be a different topic. Anyway I like my T shirts big and loud. Big Fat logo centered on the front for me.

23. MaxReBoot11

MaxReBoot11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2003
    OMG i love the shirts! wonderful selection -- we can all just pick the ones we like!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :)
    I actually like the pink one, lol, but i am really loving the Baseball jersey wiht the red sleeves... it would be cool if the juniors baseball version could come in red too, but black sleeves with the centered red logo would be neat!

The ringer shirts are nice, too! kinda touching on the whole original '70's/'80's theme that birthed StarWars, hehe!

and yeah... thongs would be fun! ... even with just the Rebellion/New Repubilc symbol... why hasnt the Insider/Jawa Trader picked up on awesome fun SW underwear yet? ;) maybe I should start desgning some, muwahahhahahhahaha........... :D

~M

24. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    Can we do a Multi color Print? Black letters with Red Bird? Thats probably more expensive.

25. -KnightShade-

-KnightShade- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    They use a multi-color process (Dye-Sublimation), not typical silk screening. It doesn't matter how many colors we have - but we are limited to the image being 8" x 10"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.