main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Road to Fame - Do You Have What it Takes?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by Jedi Gunny, Dec 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    The Road to Fame

Premise: Players will create an artistical career for themselves by trying to gain influence and popularity while also trying to backstab other players by reducing their influence or popularity. All will start as lowly newbies in the art scene, and have to start using their cards to increase their stats in order to become more accomplished and thus have more fans of their work.

Gameplay: As soon as 6 players sign up for the game, the host, Me, will PM each person with a Profession card, their career field for the next two turns. The fields are: Actor/Actress, Author and Singer. There will be two players for each profession. These professions are randomly selected, and each one has different aspects that affect the players' influence and popularity. All players start out with an influence of 10 and a popularity of 10. After the two turns are up, the host PM's each player with a random profession card again, and the player must add/subtract from their aspects according to the profession card. Players are advised to not tell another player their profession, because it makes it easy for them to pull a profession-specific Scheme card on that player (so it's not worth telling anyone).

Once the stage is set, then the Host will PM two random cards to each of the players from two piles at the beginning of every turn: the Accomplishments and the Schemes. Accomplishments involve increasing your influence and popularity; Schemes involve lowering the influence/popularity of other players, but have specific usage conditions written on the card.

Phase 1:
    Players are dealt their random cards from the host. They will get one Accomplishment and one Scheme card or one Accomplishment card and a Special card. (Special cards explained below).

Phase 2:
    Players are allowed to play Accomplishment cards. Special conditions (such as die rolls) on certain cards will be resolved in Phase 4. In order to play these cards, the player will PM the host with the card(s) they have selected to play. (A player may only play up to 2 Accomplishment cards every round). Cards are discarded after use.

Phase 3:
    Players are allowed to play Scheme cards. Special conditions (such as die rolls) on certain cards will be resolved in Phase 5. Players are only allowed to play one Scheme card per turn, and they must be able to meet the requirements listed on the card in order to activate it. A player may only play up to two Scheme/Special cards ever turn. Cards are discarded after use.

Phase 4:
    Accomplishment cards that require certain extra conditions, such as die rolls and coin flips, will be resolved here. The requirements for these cards must be met before they can be played. After the condition has been resolved, then the host will PM the player the result and thus the effect on their aspects.

Phase 5:
    Scheme cards that require certain extra conditions, such as die rolls and coin flips, will be resolved here. The requirements for these cards must be met before they can be played. After the condition has been resolved, the host will PM the results to the player. These results will explain if the player's scheme was successful and their new aspects (due to aspect conditions on the card).

Phase 6:
    The Host will PM each player their effect on their aspects due to Accomplishment and Scheme/Special cards. At this point, the player must make all necessary changes to their aspects before moving on to the next phase.

Phase 7a:
    Players will post their aspects in the thread for all to see. This adds some suspense in the game, because players that are doing better can now be more easily targeted by other players with Scheme cards.

Phase 7b:
    After every two turns, the host will PM a random Profession card to each player, who must then update their aspects according to the aspect bonuses/demerits writte

2. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    1. The_Loyal_Imperial

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    1. The_Loyal_Imperial
    2. NYCitygurl

4. JediVegeta

JediVegeta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    1. The_Loyal_Imperial
    2. NYCitygurl
    3. JediVegeta

5. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    3 more people need to sign up before we can play. :)

6. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    1. The_Loyal_Imperial
    2. NYCitygurl
    3. JediVegeta
    4. BaSSiL

7. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    1. The_Loyal_Imperial
    2. NYCitygurl
    3. JediVegeta
    4. BaSSiL
    5. Lolly_Tolly

Yay-ness! I made it! :p

8. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    One last person needs to sign up before this game can begin. :)

9. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I'm in! (I just hope I understand how it works! :p )

1. The_Loyal_Imperial
    2. NYCitygurl
    3. JediVegeta
    4. BaSSiL
    5. Lolly_Tolly
    6. mavjade

10. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    All right, everyone. Although you are probably interested in starting this game now, I will hold off on starting until tomorrow. :) PM's will be sent out tomorrow, and then play will begin.

11. StarWarsFreak444

StarWarsFreak444 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 28, 2005
    1. The_Loyal_Imperial
    2. NYCitygurl
    3. JediVegeta
    4. BaSSiL
    5. Lolly_Tolly
    6. mavjade
    7. StarWarsFreak444

Can I come in a little late? :p

12. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Sorry SWF444, only 6 players can play at one time. Sorry about that. :)

13. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I'm excited :D

14. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    All of the PM's stating Professions have been sent out. Now I will send out the Accomplishment/Scheme cards. :)

Friendly Reminder: Before the game begins and you can start to play cards, make sure that you add/subtract from your Influence/Popularity according to the numbers given underneath your given profession in the PM. After you complete the addition/subtraction from your aspects, you can begin to play. :)

15. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Sorry about the delay in getting cards out.

You can now PM me Accomplishment cards. :)

16. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Players, it is now Phase 3. This is the round for sending me Scheme cards. :)

Since it is New Years Eve/Day right now, I'm going to allow everyone another day to make their picks. :) Happy New Years to everyone!

17. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    It is now Phase 4/5, players. I will give results of the die rolls/coin flips tomorrow, and then the game will continue. :)

18. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    We need one of those smilies with the hands rubbing together in anticipation :D

19. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Players, I have sent you the PM's regarding your aspects at the end of the first turn. Make sure to post your aspects in here, and then the second turn will begin with cards being PM'd to everyone. :)

20. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    14 Influence and 8 Popularity

21. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    15 Influence and 9 Popularity.

22. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    Influence: 14
    Popularity: 8

23. JediVegeta

JediVegeta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    Influence: 7

Popularity: 13

24. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Influence: 10
    Popularity: 15

([face_worried] Why do I suddenly feel like I have a target on my back?? :p )

25. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Influence: 11
    Popularity: 6

So don't target me, I'm losing :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.