main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference The RPF Summer Blockbuster Event (now playing)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by The Loyal Imperial, May 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Whoops.

2. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    I don´t know. The "Mission" setting is quite much set. The OP is nice. But probably, probably you are overdiscussing it by now. I think you should bring it up.

3. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Initially I thought, "Man, too bad this is limited to commandos," but then the more I thought about it, that's right right call. To do this in a month, do it well, I think everyone needs to, at the outset, be committed to the same goal so you can hit the ground running. Therefore, this is a good idea. Also, great work with the setting.

Though I may be joining another game, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that for one month, I could handle being a member of this game because frankly, an intense effort like this could have an awesome result.

And, given my schedule and how I like to think characters through, it is definitely not too early for me to begin thinking about a CS...

4. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    It's not technically limited to commandos, either. You could be a medic, an engineer, a...uniquely-skilled supply sergeant: there are any number of people you can find in an army camp's support staff that might possess the skills and willingness to volunteer for the job. And not career soldiers, either. Also, as you said, I think this setting is likely far more suitable for a one month timeline - while a planetary uprising and rebellion might be a wilder and (possibly) more entertaining story, it's much harder to fit the beginning, middle, and ending of one into just thirty days.

5. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    That was my thinking. Then again, I think there's always room for flexibility, and what's more Rostu's Renegades sounds a lot like Renegade Squadron.
    Looking forward to it.

6. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    To quote Tenel Ka, "Fact." I think I was thinking that, but failed to say it. ;)

7. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
  8. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    One thing I don't think I saw in the OP, TLI: when is the game starting/when do you want CSes in by? I'm still trying to make up my mind if I can handle this RP.

9. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Once we have enough: soon as we get just a few more, we should be ready to go.

10. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Is the game still going to proceed as planned? It's already the 11th, so I thought I would ask.

11. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    We still expect to proceed shortly. We were waiting on a CS that we don't appear to be getting.

In the middle of writing the first post of the game now. :p

Expect to see it soon.

12. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Looking forward to it. [face_peace]

13. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    [Hey you guys just checking: did you approve darthfarticus? Feel free to make it go away if you didn't.]

14. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Nope: already sent Penguinator a PM about it last night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.