main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Thriller The Sins of the Fathers

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by DarkLordoftheFins, Sep 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Ghost
    New Rose Motel, Tokyo

She blushed and looked at Rufus. Was the man serious about anything, ever?

"You should not say something like that to a girl you barely know. It is not pilite and it . . . irritates me and then I work a lot slower." She turned back to her computer, then back to him. "Thank you. Though. guess that was an American compliment?"

The codes were running. Ghost looked up the chat between the two. "I got some inside information about God." She looked at Rufus. "That is what he wrote that girl. That he had some inside information about God!" She looked at Rufus again. "Maybe that was more than a fancy line."

Tag: Draco

[b]Carl Weber[/b]
    [i]Thalia, Speicherstadt, Hamburg[/i]

[i]SirakRomar approved[/i]

He ignored Markus and opened the doors with both hands, letting them slide aside and open the Thalia to them. Lines and lines of clothing, presented by models made of plastic. Still running music somewhere and water drippling from above. It was spooky place, but especially because Laura Blohm looked right at him as he entered with something he could hardly describe as anything but insanity.

"Hello Laura. Good to see you." He said and gave her his most "human" smile.

Laura just stared back at him and Carl knew she was going to change everything.

[b]Tag: Mitth, SirakRomar[/b]

2. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Laura Blohm
    Thalia, Hamburg

She looked up and through her eyes the light seemed so dim. Was another day gone? Had she missed another rotation of erth around the sun?

"Hello Karl. Markus." She looked at the two man, back and forth and then with folded fingers in front of her snapped her eyes and locked them onto Karl. "How is Ally."

It was the first and only question that mattered. It was what laura Blohm would ask. And whoever she as, not too long ago she was Laura Blohm. Now she was only her shadow. Lost. "Is she safe?"

Tag: LordT, Mitth

3. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    Rufus Jameson
    Tokyo, New Rose Hotel

"Actually I believe it is a compliment in any language. but keep your calm, my dear. You are not my type. You haven´t even tried to kill me, yet." He leaned forward. "Some inside information about God. Yeah, that´s a good one."

He had seen the protocol when he had been there, when he had read it. He had seen it and had already wondered if this was a guy chatting up a girl online or if he had been as lonely as he seemed to be. Rufus realized this chat had probably cost him his life. They had found him through ZoZodiac_Z, whoever she was. "Show me the chat completely." He asked Ghost and leaned forward.

03:54:55 ZoZodiac77: Then we should all pray. I pray a lot lately.
    03:56:22 ZoZodiac77: Still there?
    03:56:25 Cobinsky_Z: To whom?
    03:56:40 ZoZodiac77: God. Of course
    03:57:12 Cobinsky_Z:: Aha.
    03:57:37 ZoZodiac77: Aha? An Atheist?
    03:57:42 Cobinsky_Z: Notatall
    03:57:45 ZoZodiac77: But?
    03:58:27 Cobinsky_Z: I have some inside information about god.
    03:58:37 ZoZodiac77: Really? Funny you. What is he like?
    03:58:49 Cobinsky_Z: Who?
    03:58:59 ZoZodiac77: God?
    04:00:04 Cobinsky_Z: You do not wanna know.

"You do not wanna know." Rufus leaned back again and he just gave in and another cigarette flipped into his mouth. "But actually yes, I do wanna know. I´d love to have a chat with him nad ask him to stop." He smiled his sadest smile to himself and shook his head. "Sounds to me like he is bitter about something God did and I doubt it is general frustration with the inequality and injustice of the world, to be truthful. He said inside information. As if he was inside of God. Inside his mind, probably. If you can speak of a mind when it comes to God. As if God was a firm or committee or something. This is . . . wrong. It feels as if he claims to know the guy." Rufus turned to Ghost and nodded. "How can this not have something to do with the Change, if Zinsky was the one who knew. How could this not have been something he wanted to share, but could not. Why chat with Zodiac at all? I´ll tell ya. He was lost. Desperate. Lonely. Probably horny and afraid. He wanted female assurance, companionship and he wanted to talk to her about it. He wanted human warmth. Someone he could be a hero for. Something to keep him going on. A little hope, a little light so he knew why not to give up with this task that would lead to his own end. And then he was killed. From what I have seen he knew it was inevitable. So he might have made her guess so someone would know." Rufus took his first breath from the expensive cigarette which did not taste any better than the cheap ones from Nepal. "You know what? If the second hardrive doesn´t give us answers, she might. I have the feeling he has handed her they key. Because he had nobody else to go to."

"You do not wanna know." Zinsky´s last words sticked to his mind. Something deeply unsettling was behind it. as if this young man had travelled into hte center of things and then came back to warn all other followers not to proceed there. But now Rufus was tracking his steps and they would lead him exactly where Zinsky had been.

They had something in common he realized. Rufus did not expect to survive this jounrey, either. Yet he had to do it.

He realized that him and htis student had not been so different from each other.

Tag: LordT

4. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Chapter One: An American Nightmare

The House of the losMags

Sanders stepped out, the gun hidden behind his leg and the "house" was a battlefield. Everywhere, really everywhere were bodies lying around. Soldiers and gangmembers alike had exchanged fire and obviously the Marines had been caught totally by surprise when they found out the gang had excellend weaponary, actually. Both groups had used US military weapons. "Jenkins, 32nd, Sir! We secured the target under heavy. . . heavy . . ." The man saluted and was obviously nervous. "Casualties?" Sanders finished for him. "Yes Sir, Thank you Sir. Sir, the girl has no mouth Sir. she is upstairs with my brother, Sir." Sanders looked at him. All marines were borthers, but he raised an amused eyebrow anyway. "Why is she not ready for transport?"

"We tried to establish communication with her, Sir." Jenkins barked all his answers. Sanders looked around and then nodded. "Get them, both of them." He ordered and Jenkins hurried upstairs.

Sanders looked at Basset and then he went half to his knees over a body of a man who looked like a dead officer of the squad. He took the man´s assault rifle and pushed in a new magazine. Then he freed the handgun from the holster and handed it to Basset. "Just in case." He said and pulled his own gun into hte holster, again.

Tag: Spy

The House of the losMags, a minute later

The mouthless girl stared at John and it was impossible to make out her thoughts. But she nodded finally, also with a reluctance and sadness that was surprising. She underlined the name Moore twice on the paper and nodded then again. Jenkins looked at shepard and then at the girl. "Sure." He said. He nodded and then looked at the girl again. "I´ll wait downstairs for you and tell them you´ll be there in a second." He turned and made his down. The girl looked after him. Obviously there was only one piece of stairs down there and they would need to be very quiet to escape the visitors attention. But if they ever wanted to have a chance it would be now.

Tag: CPL

Penthouse

"Yet, someone has done it. I'm afraid that's not a good enough excuse, Mr. Prest. We've spoken to a witness at the scene of the kidnapping - a relative of the victim - and she confirmed the Marines, alright. But she also confirmed something else - she seems to have recalled someone matching your description on the scene when the girl was taken. Now, it could be a misunderstanding, but I have my doubts...especially with your and the girl's connection to Mr. Weber."

Milton Prest laughed out loud. "Well, I am afraid it is neither a misunderstanding, nor a mix up. this is you jumping to conclusions. Because whatever your witness saw, maybe a man in his forties wearing a fine suit and looking incredibly handsome," he winked at Malone while he said that. "That wasn´t me. I was here all day making calls and I have half the remaining US government as a witness. Security Council had a three hours chat with me, actually. I was only present via video, but added enough for me to proof my presence, I´d say. So you see? You are loking for the wrong suit in Washington D.C.. I guess it was someone else. Maybe CIA? FBI? NSA, probably? Maybe another of Weber´s men?"

He exchanged a look with Malone before continuing. "Now, let's just say that I am wrong and this is all one big misunderstanding and you actually did your good deed by calling in the Marines to extract the girl. Where can we find her now? Where did your Marines take her, Mr. Prest?"

Milton Prest smiled and then came closer. "Detective Garret. Garret is it? You won´t get anybody like this. What would you do with a confession? Or if I contradicted myself. Get a warrant? Look out there, Garret. The citiy is burning tiself to the ground. The country is tearing itself apart. Do you think the judges are still in town? Or your Comissioner? They are all running for the hills and you and your partner here, you are left behind to clean up until you dorwn in the dirt." Milton stepped so close

5. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Markus J. F. Christianson
    Speicherstadt, Thalia Hamburg

Following inside, looking upon Laura she had a detachment, a change of features as well as clothes that she had not had when he had last left her. He nodded his head in greeting at Laura?s words of the same. She posed a question even he had been set to wonder, and at which, after making sure he was behind Karl, wiggled a flattened hand in mid-air. Or in layman?s terms make a sign of ?maybe?.

Standing there looking at her he waited for Karl?s response. He dared not yet speak as his mental girding seemed to slip just a bit. There it was in all its infinite and finiteness, Change can come and Change can go, but what are we to great thee? An episode of Deep Space Nine played in his mind?s eye, as it reviewed it, in fact many episodes did. Yet one stood out, O?Brian was having to communicate with an alien lizard and neither spoke the same language. . .okay perhaps Enterprise held a better correlation with Trip stranded, and why was it always a lizard? Anyway, the question was, and is. . .how do you communicate with something without a shared commonality beyond gross body structure?

There inlay his fear, that all that stood before them, perhaps triggered by Karl?s statement that ?He? was here, was but another shell long lost to understand the humanity it once had partaken of. What loss, as a parent he was boggled by it, what loss for a child and what loss for the world did such a thing represent if it was true.

TAG: Fin, LordT, Sirak

6. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Karl Weber
    The Thalia

"Probably. Hopefully." He slowly approached her, spreading his arms away in a gesture of peace. "On her way to safety at least. She is brought to a ship in the north sea. I figured the oceans would be the last place to die. The Change seems to have a problem with humans more than anything." He stopped right in front of her and sighed. "Marie didn´t make it though. She vanished, right before my eyes." He sighed. "Like most of them, except us three."

He looked at Markus. His flow of consciousness looked for safety in familiar settings. Star trek again. Yet Laura was a blank. Empty like a shell. Or did she keep him out? No, no human had that power. There had to be something. Did her father keep him out? Was he watching?

"How is your dad these days, Laura?" He smiled as if this was the most polite question in the most normal setting in the world. The daughter of the greatest human being of all times had baby-sitted the girl for three years, right in front of his eyes. It was worth than coincidence. It was mockery of him. It was a joke.

Tag: Sirak, Mitth

7. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Laura Blohm
    Thalia, Speicherstadt

"Good. She will be in pain. She got a tooth when I last met her."

Laura looked at Carl. That was a damned good question. She hadn´t even thought about it.

"Fine, has a mighty fine day, I´d say." She had to laugh a bit. "Maybe a bit lonely by now, but he seems to like it that way. Considering how he wipes out humanity and all this." She lay her head aside. "It is him, is it? And you . . . you are one of those." She nodded to Markus. "Have you always been one of them?" The inevitable -what are "they"- was not spoken yet, but it was obvious it would have to come up sooner or later.

The other important question was of course why they were here. Why they were after her, actually.

She expected to find that out on her own.

Tag: LordT, Markus

8. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Speicherstadt, Thalia

?Hegh chen mIpHa' pln.? He uttered. He also doubted either present would translate for the other. Still he looked to both, keeping his mind blank. ?We are as alike as wheat to bamboo. Similar codex macro, very different micro.? He was twisting what he had heard, but the pretzel in this instance stood well in his mind. A beginner was unlike an aged sampling that left holes in the possibilities unless they three traveled as a pack.

Every creature that ever lived had a den, a home after a certain level of specialization and intelligence of the creature. Even if it was just a pit that it wandered into from season to season to pass the time in seclusion. Standing there in the store, looking at those pilfered items, he had to wonder what Laura?s idea of a home was? What did her father think an idea of a home was? What did Karl truly think of an idea of home as?

If you live forever, home becomes the transience of a Disney movie quote: Home is where your rump rests. As the warthog says. Still, even in such a migratory existence, like the albatross, there would be points of rest, settling that are used and reclaimed. What were their nests? For Karl it was a boat in the North Sea as a stop-gap. For Alicia it like-wise was now a boat in the North Sea. For him? He did not expect to survive long enough to form such an anchor again, or to ever return to his flat.

Still two questions echoed, would Laura still continue to see her flat as a home? Being here belittled this possibility. Would Sebastian still mark out a parcel in Afrika or here in Germany?

9. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Carl Weber
    Thalia

Bamboo and wheat. He had to laugh at it. Half turning to Markus he grinned and then turned back to Laura, also he spoke to Markus actually. "We are less alike than you know." Looking back at Laura he lay his head aside. "But you know that, don´t you? That looks can be deceiving. What do you think I am, Laura?"

Tag: SirakRomar

10. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Laura Blohm
    Thalia

"I think you are a liar. Or probably more of a deceiver. And I think you are not a friendly German billionaire. Fianlly I think you are after father. Right? why would you come after me otherwise? Who am I to you. Only a piece on a board of a game which rules are changing so fast we all keep left behind." Laura sighed.

Carl Weber. She had admired the guy, liked him and sometimes she had even envied Marie for such a friend. A man who could have everything and choose her. Something about him had always been too good. But was this Weber at all or had something taken possession of him? No, it was Weber. He still saved Alicia. Because there was something true to his deeds. Some truth in his actions. Slowly Laura turned to Markus who had come after her despite her warning. She did not hold it against him. She was to weak to hold grudges. to anxious to concentrate on something as exhausting as anger. "So you are with him? What is it you two wanna do? What is it you two want to achieve, hm? What are you anyway? Why can´t you just leave me alone?" She asked him, because she did not trust his answers. Weber was too smart, to attuned to the world to be tricked easily.

"Or did you come to finish what Thomas started?"

Tag: Mitth, LordT

11. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Speicherstadt, Thalia

A Q without a Picard fixation? Alright that is what first came to his mind in reply to Weber?s words, especially after highlighting their differences. That and the laughing sinched it. To which he simply shrugged.

Laura though, ooh she nailed him and he couldn?t help but whisper, ?Right on.? To what she spoke. It was a simpler, less jargon filled answer to the conundrum of a changing universe. Then she spoke of him, questioned him as though he were another Thomas. To which he tilted his head in sadness. ? ?A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green.? Francis Bacan Of Revenge. Simply put I am witnessing and learning, and I wish to converse with your father in his own home, his own sanctum as it were. All for one simple reason, save the world, all for a few. But with cell connection to my daughter, to prove what he sees as absolute is merely a self imposed illusion. That is what I come to finish.?

12. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Laura Blohm
    Thalia, Hamburg

They were here to use her. Laura wasn´t even sure if that was a bad thing. Her Father . . . had to be stopped. At least someone was trying.

"What does Ally have to do with my Father? And I´ll ask again, who are you two anyway? You aren´t human, are you?"

She stepped back, but it wasn´t out of fear. she just felt weak and just barely could keep herself from stumbling.

13. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Carl Weber
    Thalia, Hamburg

The laughing was over. The fascade had not held nearly as long as he wanted to. Yet, Carl understood this. Humans did this. Taking advantage of their relevance because they felt less . . . irrelevant through it. Markus probably belittled him by comparing himself to him. Yet he had no idea what Carl truly was, except what he had given him as a summary. The official press, as they called it here in Germany.

And suddenly he understood Sebastian. For a second he understood him truly. Opening your eyes and seeing it the way Carl had seen it . . . understanding creation as a progressing plan and all faith and believes as a desperate attempt to sort it out and give it meaning . . . these humans believed a religion would give them answers that had been invented and defined at times when they had not even understood the shape of the Earth itself.

And that was what had happened to Sebastian, had it? He had been pushed into a world where the next thing they found to him was a dead Greek and a piece of Star Trek. And nobody had accepted the slightest piece of truth, because humans were not really interested in the truth. They needed security. How did it feel, Sebastian, hm? To know. To know it all and be ignored. Did the knowledge come to you quick? Did you suddenly understand time and evolution as the little first pieces in a puzzle? Did you understand how matter and time were connected and how nothing could be changed without changing the plan? Did you see there was a plan and that nobody knew about it except you and us?

Carl realized he had not spoken, although the question was directed as much at him as it was at Markus. He allowed them to fade out of his mind for a moment and turned to the dark halls of the Thalia to be not disturbed. He tried to get himself into the shoes of Sebastian. How did humanity appear to you when you suddenly realized the truth was not accepted by anybody? Unworthy? No, no you had accepted them to understand, because if not them who did? And they did not listen. They came to you with Star trek, old greeks and the Bible and they did not understand a word you were trying to teach them.

They appeared to have failed. Failures. As if they had failed to develop the ability to see the truth.

"So you wipe ´em out and make a new kind, as Gods have the privilege to do, right?" It was more like a whisper when he spoke, but that was it, right? Sebastian probably was frustrated by humanity. Carl shook his head and turned to Markus and then to Laura.

Sebastian had not understood the place of humans in it all, because he would never have accepted how unfinished he was himself. He had not admitted to himself humanity was not ready yet. It had to be ready for him! He needed it to be ready! He had not accepted their nature as a work in progress, but had expected them to be like . . . Gods. You shall be like gods, knowing good and evil. Was that a threat? It wasn´t meant for Carl and his brothers? Did he offer a pact? Did he offer an alliance? An alliance against whom and with what purpose? Well, his understanding was still incomplete.

They should have been like Gods and they hadn´t. Arrogance. Erratic behavior. Aggression. all part of Sebastian Falk´s profile. A man damaged by the guilt of what he did.

A man. A man who had become the center of existence and now demanded the world to keep up with him or be left behind to starve to death like children abandoned by their parents. A cruel father. And wasn´t that what he had been all along? Wasn´t it the only solid fact they had established? That he actually was a cruel father?

Carl turned around, wondering how much of his concern had showed.

"Markus is a man touched by the godly powers. A Saint as your religion calls it. I am something far older. But as I choose the limits of this existence, I am kinda trapped in this mess with you. That and humanity was a project of mine for 25.000 years and that is even for me quite some time. Markus and I are allies, inde

14. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Jack Bassett
    The House

Jack looked from body to body. It was disgusting, in the first place. Almost vicious. Like two animal packs that met to fight over food. It appeared that in the end Milton?s men had actually succeeding in the battle, but it had been rough no matter what. A lot of men had been lost. The jittery guy came up to Sanders and began to talk. He was so shaky and nervous that Jack missed some things he said, but he caught the main part.

??the girl with no mouth??

Just as in his dreams. The mouthless girl with tears made of blood and strange mind cries haunted his dreams night to night. Though his usually ended with the reappearance of Katherine in the desert. She would approach him, and then her mouth was start to peel and crack, and wither away. He tried to save her. Told her he loved her, apologized for his sins - there were many. But nothing seemed to stop her. And it wasn?t just her mouth. Her hair, her skin. Eventually she had turned to dust and faded away through his outstretched fingers.

?Just in case.?

Sanders?s voice rescued him from his mind. He accepted the handgun and nodded. Staring at it, he could just hear his daughter scolding him now. She was one of those ?tree hugging? people. She cared about all life in general. And for him to be standing beside a guy who was going to murder anyone standing in his way, Jack just knew his daughter would never speak to him again. But, then again, he had already assumed that. And yet she continued to try and contact him. Did she miss him? He couldn?t know until he answered that phone.

?Ready?? He asked Sanders as he looked over the gun.

TAG: Fins, (CPL)

15. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    The House, outside

"I was ready all along." Sanders loaded the assault rifle through and stood up. Once the men got out, he would simply execute the unsuspecting two American soldiers. just for a second his face showed how he totally did not like the idea of doing that. "I do the shooting, you give me cover and look out for witnesses."

He looked over to the house on the opposite and before Basset could follow his look the door over there was already shut. "But I guess two guys in a suit won´t be too helpful to anybody asking. Not in these times."

Far away explosions could be heard and pillars of black smoke raised over downtown D.C.

Tag: Spy

16. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Laura Blohm
    Thalia, Hamburg

"He plays high and leaves us with nothing here on the ground." Laura listened to Carl and realized she knew exactly what Carl meant.

Reason. The voice of reason could not be trusted when the world turned insane. A deceiver would always use the truth against those asking. But the question was, what did it make Carl Weber? And what did this make her father?

"Has my Father become the devil?" She asked what had been on her mind all along. The denying power to life, wasn´t that what the devil had to be?

17. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Speicherstadt, Thalia

?Your father believes Ally is dead, and that he has become god. Showing his failure in even diagnosing whether something is alive or not, could prove to him his limits.? It is what he wanted to say but something about Karl?s actions brought him up short. It was like watching a good very bad home theatre, you knew you didn?t want to see what happened, but yet you couldn?t look away. At hearing himself proclaimed a saint he blushed, fighting the urge to laugh at how his parents reactions would of so differed to that knowledge, not to mention his brothers.

Then it all boiled down, with a single question of a daughter about her father, ?Deary, if he hasn?t yet he is in the running.? Was all that bubbled up to Markus? lips to answer her now.

TAG: LordT, Sirak

18. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Jack Bassett
    The House

The booms and pillars of smoke rising from the distance seemed to echo Jack?s emotions. He couldn?t stop what was about to happen. It was just another repercussion of the Change. Jack listened to Sanders, watching him prepare his gun. He didn?t feel like holding this off for much longer.

?Let?s get this over with.? Jack placed a hand on his upset stomach. Could he battle the wooziness that wanted to overpower him? Of course. He was Jack Bassett. A man who had lost his presidential campaign and his wife. He could take anything.

Beep, beep, beep.

Angrily, he took his phone out of his pocket. It signaled that he had a voicemail from his daughter?s number. He might want to listen. . .sometime. He turned the phone to vibrate and faced Sanders again.

TAG: Fins, CPL

19. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Laura Blohm
    The Thalia

A lot of assumptions here. Laura smiled to herself and nodded. A lot of assumtions and she knew two man grabbing straws when she saw them.

"That´s it? He is wrong, because Ally is still alive? What keeps him from changing that and what would that make your theory? And I do not believe he is God. He did not appear to believe that when I met him. Obviously something strange is going on with him, ut God? Really?" Laura had to laugh out and shake her head. "He may have become something wicked and something . . . unnatural through this Change, but you cannot truly believe he has aquired . . . that kinda power!" They could not, could they?

Looking at Karl she realized he was remarkable silent on this. Had he not claimed to some sort of creature? Some sort of different from humans? Wasn´t he meant to be the expert on this then? Why did Markus have to tell her?

"So you wanna go to him and tell him Alli is alive and then what? He gives up and you take him into custody?" Looking back and forth from one of them to the other, she was shaking her head. "You do not have much of a plan there, do you guys?"

20. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Jonathan Garret
    Penthouse, Washington D.C.

The sad truth began to sink in as Prest inched forward and stood a little too close for comfort. Even in this close proximity to the lawyer, Garret stood his ground, but he couldn't shake the man's words from his mind. It was true that the city - the country - was tearing itself apart from the inside. The people that remained behind were powerless to stop the downward spiral and Garret finally realized that he had been ignoring that fact all along. He was still playing the good cop and sticking to the rules. But what good would that do if everyone else had either fled or had been killed out there? The justice system didn't exist anymore. If they intended to get what they wanted and make things right, they would need to play by the new rules. Malone realized that as well and even now, was threatening to pull his gun on Prest.

Garret waved him off and stepped aside as Prest returned to the mini-bar and refilled his drink. "Reports haven´t been exactly on time, lately," Prest was saying from his new vantage point. "But if you want to, ask Colonel Winters, he was responsible for the operation. I can give you access, if you like."

His eyes met Prest's for a long moment as he tried to gauge the other man's motives. Unfortunately, it didn't do much good. Prest was very good at hiding his emotions. "Yes, please," he said simply. "If you don't mind."

TAG: Fin

21. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Karl/Carl Weber
    Thalia, Hamburg

She was in denial, but she was a smart girl. Sooner or later she would figure it all out. Not the same limits Markus had, he was afraid. Or probably it was just a burning desire of her. Carl stayed silent and instead began to look at the clothes nearby. She was wearing a black leather jacket now. No longer the green annorak she had originally been wearing. Carl remembered that one all too well. he had been looking for her in that dress, when he had captured it from the surveilance on tarpenbekstreet.

"You got rid of that green jacket, did you?" He mumbled to himself and had a look at the clothes. Then he left Markus to reason with her. She had not shown her true colours so neither would he. She knew enough. Enough to maek a decision. It did not matter how she decided anyway. She was to important to leave her a choice but too important not to leave he the illusion of one. Just as he had left that one to Markus.

Yes, a God who entered the world only to find out that the people did not accept a true God. But only an illusion of one. So they could fill it up with any idea they wanted to. God was a justification and not an entity to obey. Sebastian had a man like you really not understood what a God was to men? No, you had never believed in him and therefore you had never cared to think about it, did you? Like Markus you had prefered to think inside your own box. Have you chosen him therefore? Did he remind you of yourself?

Then the devil came up and Carl smiled. Yes, certainly, the devil! He smirked into the dark of the abandoned supermarket.
    There were more questions, he left them to Markus. Should the human figure it all out among themselves. He would make his move soon enough.

Anyway, Laura Blohm would come with him.

Tag: Mitth, Sirak

22. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Speicherstadt, Thalia

?If we understand this correctly, the Change didn?t happen to your father, your father is the Change. When I talked with him spoke of being the power of life and death, listen.? He paused letting the silence of a MIA city sink in. ?He has chosen for all but us few to die. Me he says is supposed to be a living tape recorder to keep record of his powerful ascension and acts. One of those is mass time-space displacements and manipulations.? Turning at the unhelpful Weber he merely sighed.

?We have something a little more final then reason, and perhaps it hinges all on you. It?s a long shot, but he needs to be contained or ended for the sake of the world. If possible someone could take the mantle he drops to reset things, save the displaced, and restore the natural progressive order.? With that he stepped back away from Laura and Weber. He needed to see both react in part, and in part he wanted to see if Weber would fill the metaphorical void to add to what he had spoken. Perhaps parts had been out of turn and others subjective based on their prior conversations, still it was partly his own thoughts on the matter. With the trends in reality he had to admit it was all shaky ground.

TAG: LordT, Sirak

23. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Carl Weber
    Thalia, Hamburg

The sigh was the first thing to force Carl into a reaction. He looked up and smiled at Markus. An encouraging smile, as if he wanted to tell him, he did good. Then the plan was outlined and Carl returned his attention to the suits lined up in the dark. he listened, very carefully. His eyes sometimes strolling up to get a reaction from Laura. And obviously he felt the attention been given to him at certain passages. How someone needed to take over and how they planned to end Sebastian. Suspision was directed at his way, when they heir idea came up. Carl did not show any reaction. Actually naturally he did not show any, only when he forced himself to something was visible. That they still looked was probably a testament of the quality of his social mimicry.

Then again, he had time to train.

"Which one would you prefer, actually? Laura. Containing? Ending him? Which is a nice word for killing, I assume." Carl looked at her. "But that´s not your first thought, is it? You already spotted the little hole in our plan, did you?"

Tag: Sirak, Mitth

24. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Laura Blohm
    Thalia, Hamburg

"Does it matter what I prefer? I . . . I don´t think what you got there . . . let´s call it a plan for fun´s sake . . . makes a lot of sense! How can my father do all this?!? And if he does, what is he? He thinks he is God? Well, what is he if not God how does he do all of this?" She shook her hand. "And if he is, how do we kill him? Or contain him, even?" She had turned to Markus, as he seemed to speak now. Carl stayed silent and it made Laura believe even more he had answers to these questions.

Are you the devil, Carl Weber?

She shook her head again, almost violently. "I have seen what he can do. But all of this? All of this? Why? My father is not an enemy of mankind. He actually does not care a lot for anybody else but himself!"

25. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Carl Weber
    Thalia, Hamburg

"Good questions, my dear. Good questions." Carl now finally turned around. "Actually I do not believe your father did claim to be God. Not as far as I know. Gods usually don´t do that. Defining them as such is more our problem, you know? But Markus is sure he is not. God. Because Markus knows something about God we seem to have missed. Right?"

He slowly stepped back. "He read the Bible. And who can doubt the Bible? After all it is a book written in the tenth century by monks and then translated from Aramath into Hebrew and from Hebrew into modern Hebrew, before getting lost and becoming reassembled in Greece by monks of another religion who try to translate the fragments into Latin. And you think the source is a problem for credibility? Oh, wait. You forget the Christian rewrites of practices to make the Old testament fit a bit better. Council of Trent? Adding a few books because you like their way of thinking and kicking out a few, because they were contradictive. Oh and what about Purgatory, Saints and Absolution? It isn´t in there. Oh, no problem. We write a new text, because we can get inspired by God any time and he tells us that our main income source is actually the will of God. Then we translate it all from Latin into modern Latin and in 1566 we finally have something like a collection of books we call the Bible. And who could doubt this book seriously does not hold the one and only truth about God? Except it doesn´t say a lot about him, only that he hates women and there is no evolution. So we interpret it and that interpretation tells Markus who God is, right?" Carl turned to Markus and then back to Laura. "You haven´t met him, you haven´t ever experienced any contact with him, but you are sure the man who bestows immortality on you isn´t him. Why? Because it doesn´t fit with the God you made up for yourself. Right? Making up sounds stupid, I know. You had this much better word for it . . . faith, was it?" Carl smirked. "No Laura, it isn´t so easy. You humans dont know a thing about God. You weren´t meant to. He did not even realize your worship, I believe. But you? You actually never wanted to know him. Sebastian learned a thing or two about him, though. And if I am right and every minutes it looks more like I am . . . he has somehow accessed the power of creation. This power is what you consider to be God. the ability to change the rules of reality and through that alter the plan of progress of the universe itself. And the problem we might be facing here is that your Daddy has no idea about how to deal with that kind of power. No human probably ever could even begin to understand it. That´s why he is messing up. Maybe intentional, maybe by accident. I assume the first is true. But your father is playing with creation itself like a child having a bad day. And the bad news is . . . there is no second creation. If this plan fails, there is no backup. So he must give up all of his new found power or he must be ended. Right. He must be killed. And he can be killed. I know that for certain."

He nodded and looked from Markus to Laura and back. She would understand more of it than Markus. He had to be careful now. The plan had been set into motion, but there was so very, very little room for corrections once the chain of events unfolded.

Carl closed his eyes. "I know it sounds crazy, but think of what you have seen. Is there any other explanation of you travelling to the future? Or past?" He sighed. "And we both know you have, although you cannot remember it."

Tag: Sirak, Markus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.