main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Skywalker Prophecy - Episode VI: The Paths of Fate (OT AU; H/L, L/M, A/P, OCs): COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Lex, Feb 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    green eyes: Who said I didn't read the post? :p

And I admit I cheated but don't tell LP and Gabri. I had it on good advice that the author was posting O:) [face_worried] O:)

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Ah, the little guy is playing the "guess game." This is the game that every baby wins every time. The rules are that there are no rules. The parent or caretaker must try and guess what will make baby happy. It's not easy! You can guess for hours before baby decides to take mercy on you. Even Jedi are helpless when faced with the guess game.

3. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    * Darn and double fudge! *

* grumbles at being 4th in line... * :mad:

* protests at TKL having insider information from her co-author * [face_not_talking]

EDIT: Onto the post:

Query, Lex, did you write this before or after your little Baby Lex arrived? I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry at the accuracy of this post ;) * casts eyes meaningfully upstairs to where my own little savage is sleeping *

Great extra post. Adorable and funny!

* goes back to grumbling at TKL * :p

4. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    that was funny. Little Sith - cute nickname. ;)

5. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    ARGH! Beaten by them BOTH! Darned work! :mad: And that use of insider information is just evil. [face_shame_on_you]

Note to self: Be prepared to play dirty in this game . . . [face_devil]

Most excellent missing scene, Lex! :D

She always had thought that the Jedi Order?s ancient rule prohibiting attachments ? now enforced less rigorously but nevertheless still a firm admonition that attachments required the greatest seriousness and serenity ? had been instituted to prevent the partiality, fear, or vengeance that too easily could lead to the dark side. Today she was beginning to wonder if the rule had more mundane origins: attachments would lead to reproduction, which would lead to parenthood, which would lead to insanity.

LOL!!! Okay, I know I'm not a parent, but I was eighteen when my brother was born. I was around for many, MANY experiences such as this one, and while younger sibling-induced insanity may be less than child-induced insanity, it's still a factor. 8-} I used to walk my brother around in circles, singing to him for hours before he'd go to sleep. I kid you not. :eek:

She wasn?t entirely sure, but she didn?t think she?d gone insane ? yet.

Ha. The insanity gets you when you're not looking. 8-}

?I suppose so,? Aayla said, frowning again. ?Can you believe he raised four of these??

?Aayla? He?s not an animal.?

?I?m not so sure.?

*grins* I remember going to my sister's once. The sound of wailing babies was audible from the sidewalk. When my sister threw open the door, I could see my niece and nephew, both clad in only diapers, Cheerios scattered ALL OVER the living room floor, and both of them screeching at the top of their lungs. My sister looked at me wild-eyed and said grimly, "This is why animals eat their young."

Barriss didn?t get out another word before Nyklas seized the bottle in his tiny hands and flung it to the floor. The top popped off, and liquid spilled everywhere.

Nyklas shrieked.

Barriss glared down at the baby boy in her arms. ?You little Sith.?

LOL! Oh, that's just perfect! :D

Aayla slung the towel off her shoulder and began to wipe up the spilled liquid. In the basinet Nyklas continued to scream at the top of his lungs. Aayla looked up at him. ?Hey.?

For a moment he stopped crying and looked back at her.

?It?s your own fault you lost your food.?

You have no idea how hard I laughed over this one. That's exactly how I talked to my brother as a baby, and now my niece and nephew too. :D

Finally, in a last desperate attempt to distract him, she reached out with the Force and tickled Nyklas on his sides. Remarkably the baby boy stopped crying and squealed in delight. Aayla looked up ? and watched Nyklas? face begin to scrunch into a sob again. So she tickled him again with the Force, and again he giggled happily.

The strangest things amuse these small people. [face_thinking]

?You taught him to do that??

?Not on purpose! He?s too young to mimic us. Right? Right??

Never assume that. :eek:

Like my evil twin, I want to know if this was written before or after Baby Lex, because it's terrifyingly accurate. [face_worried] :p

6. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    Hi Lexie! :)
    You are back! [:D] You almost made me believe that RL and BabyLex would have taken you...

And since DRL and my not-any-more-babies had given me too much, so not a lot of checking, I missed the first missing scene... [face_shame_on_you] on me!
    You can understand my surprise when I saw the update and see it was the second!

So how is life going with a baby in the house? Now many joys of parenthood have you taste? ;)
    Of course Baby Lex is Jedi Real Life, and I don't mind that at all.
    Oh, you are still on the light side... Wait and see what is expecting you behind every corner... [face_devil]

To the posts:

POF Missing Scene # 1:

Danaé burst out laughing, loudly and happily. ?Since when do you pass up an opportunity like this??

Anakin laughed too. ?Since I was threatened with an Executive Order by the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic. Her Excellency was most insistent on the matter.?
    [face_laugh]

Master Skywalker is well trained, I see! Long live the Supreme Chancellor! =D=

She kissed him lightly on the cheek. ?Don?t worry, Master Jedi,? she whispered back. ?I?ll make it up to you.?
    The exact ammount of threats together with the correct bribe can make a man, Jedi or Sith to eat from the woman's hand...
    Poor master! He didn't had any chance from the begining. :D

Luke sighed. ?She?s not in her room.?

And no longer in yours, apparently. Anakin looked up.

Master knows exactly what is happening in his house...

Well. almost...

?Oh, dear. Yes? Of course? It?s the Lady Vader, Master Anakin.?

?What about her, Threepio??

?I?m terribly sorry, Master Anakin,? the droid said. ?But it seems she is, well? gone.?

POF Missing Scene # 2:

That was hilarious dear friend! As expected! Bravo! =D=

?I suppose so,? Aayla said, frowning again. ?Can you believe he raised four of these??

?Aayla? He?s not an animal.?

?I?m not so sure.?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

?You?re positive we can?t just induce him into a Force trance??

?Yes.? Barriss scowled at her. ?Unless you want to risk Anakin inducing you into a permanent one.?

?Fair point.?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Love it! I knew you could creat a masterpiece concerning this incident and I was not disappointed. These too old grannies had taken much more that could handle, even with the force's help. To deal with a child first time at this age, force or no force, you are lost! Chldren can be much more inventive than the force.

Looking forward for the next scene...
    [:D]

7. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    Hi, Lex!

I really, really loved the first lines of your post:

Aayla Secura closed her eyes and took a slow, deep breath to clear her mind and calm her spirit. She always had thought that the Jedi Order?s ancient rule prohibiting attachments ? now enforced less rigorously but nevertheless still a firm admonition that attachments required the greatest seriousness and serenity ? had been instituted to prevent the partiality, fear, or vengeance that too easily could lead to the dark side. Today she was beginning to wonder if the rule had more mundane origins: attachments would lead to reproduction, which would lead to parenthood, which would lead to insanity.

She wasn?t entirely sure, but she didn?t think she?d gone insane ? yet.

Never in her life had Aayla respected Anakin Skywalker more than she did in this moment. And that was saying something.

I was already grinning wide and snickering after this, and when I finished the post, well, my cheeks hurt from too much laughter.

Great insight into a parent's life. And like many here, I wonder if Baby Lex was already born when you wrote that chappie. It's so realistic!

It is really too bad that there are so few Missing Scenes left. I could heartily be reading about your Skywalkers forever.

But as they say, every good thing must needs come to an end... Most unfortunately!

MTFBWY,

Lauré ;)

8. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Testing...

Your stupid thread let me put up a post :p

Don't mind us all. AuthorBoy is having technical difficulties. Must be his HI acting up [face_mischief]

9. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Thanks to a big assist from some engineering expertise ;) the technical difficulties have been resolved! [face_dancing]

In other words, the replies to Missing Scene # 1 are now posted on the previous page right before # 2. :D :D

Thanks for reading, everyone - and I'm glad you're enjoying Adventures in Jedi Babysitting :cool:

10. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

Timid fangirls? :eek:

11. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

That was hilarious. I love it all. I'd post my favorite line but I'd end up reposting it all. [face_laugh]

12. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    *echoes twin* Timid fangirls? :eek:

And you thwacked me! :eek: *puts hand over heart* I'm wounded, Lex. :p But you did mostly redeem yourself with that "young ladies" comment. ;)

TKL: Unfortunately this has become a game to win at all costs. I have no doubt you and BabyTwin are a weeeee bit competitive. *recalls some Pirate?s Day competition*

Arrrr! [face_skull]

Note to self: Be prepared to play dirty in this game
    Hey Lexie you may get that BBB after all

:eek: :eek: :eek:

13. skywalker4life

skywalker4life Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2004
    :eek: Whoa! I just randomly popped into the thread to see if there were any announcements and I find, not one but two missing scenes! Yay! [face_dancing]

If I could stay longer, I would write some more comments but just one thing. It sounds to me as if Baby Lex was the whole inspiration for the second scene. Based on a true story, perhaps? ;)

Great scenes! I love them but they make me sad because then I realize that the series really is at an end! :( But oh well. I hope all is well with you and Baby Lex.

14. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    Time for replies! :D

First of all, in response to something lots of people asked: Yes, this Missing Scene was written after BabyLex was born. ;) No, it was not inspired by any actual incident. :p

TKL: Just classic irreverent Star Wars at its best. Thanks! :) I?ve always thought the humor was one of the best parts of SW. Oh my! The very first time I read that I lost my coke out the nose. Really one of your best lines ? ever. Why thank you! That?s one of those lines that really cracks me up, and leaves me worrying I?m the only one who?ll find it funny? I just get this brilliant image of Aayla?s blue lekku dancing in the air. If they did this in the cartoons can you just imagine? I?m laughing so hard I am crying! I totally can imagine it! It?d be hilarious! [face_laugh] Unfortunately this has become a game to win at all costs. You three are just too funny! [face_laugh] Hey Lexie you may get that BBB after all Hey! No fair teasing the AuthorBoy! [face_not_talking] I had it on good advice that the author was posting Being an evil partner is great that way. [:D]
    green_eyes: Spoken like a true parent! Yep. But Jedi Real Life is worth every minute. :)
    VaderLVR: You can guess for hours before baby decides to take mercy on you. I know! It?s the worst game EVER! [face_laugh]
    LP: protests at TKL having insider information from her co-author Protest denied! :p Query [face_laugh] I thought law professors were the only ones who actually used that word! I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry at the accuracy of this post The correct answer is: cry. ;) Timid fangirls? I can?t get anything by you, can I? [face_thinking]
    RebelMom: Thanks! :)
    Gabri: I used to walk my brother around in circles, singing to him for hours before he'd go to sleep. I kid you not. Oh, I believe you? ;) The strangest things amuse these small people. That is definitely true! :D it's terrifyingly accurate. Why, thanks! :cool: But you did mostly redeem yourself with that "young ladies" comment. I have my moments. Not many, but I do have them. ;)
    JediArwen: Oh, you are still on the light side... Wait and see what is expecting you behind every corner... [face_laugh] I?m sure you?re right! And thanks, I needed a big laugh today. The exact ammount of threats together with the correct bribe can make a man, Jedi or Sith to eat from the woman's hand... You?re definitely right about that. [face_mischief] Chldren can be much more inventive than the force. Oh my! Isn?t that the truth? :p
    lauré: I was already grinning wide and snickering after this, and when I finished the post, well, my cheeks hurt from too much laughter. Thanks! What a great compliment, and it really made me smile. :cool:
    Bulldog: Thanks! :)
    skywalker4life: I love them but they make me sad because then I realize that the series really is at an end! Thanks! I?m glad you liked the scenes. :) And I do hope to begin posting a new Saga story within a month or so? We?ll see how DRL treats me these next few weeks.

Thanks again for all the great feedback, everyone! :D As always it?s very much appreciated.

See you tomorrow for Missing Scene # 3.

15. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    Here it is. :D

POF Missing Scene # 3: Confessions of Dangerous Minds (Chapter Sixteen)

Author?s Commentary: ?All too easy.?

The door was just about to slide closed behind Luke when Mara?s voice called out to him.

?Hang on a minute,? she said. ?I?ll come with you.?

Luke turned around and stood in the open portal. Mara strode quickly to him, and even before she reached his side he noticed the serene smile on her face and her peaceful glimmer in the Force. When she winked at him and took his hand, he knew his supposition had been right.

He leaned in and kissed her cheek. ?You?re sure??

She tipped her head just a little. ?I am.?

Luke nodded. ?No time like the present, then.?

Together they walked hand-in-hand to the salon in the Skywalker residence, where the rest of the family had gathered after dinner. They paced inside to see Bryon and Sarré cuddled on one sofa, Leia and Han on another, and Padmé and Danaé standing at the window.

?Finally,? Leia said. ?The return of the Jedi.?

While the others laughed at his expense, Luke rolled his eyes at his twin sister. ?Very funny.?

His mother had a concerned expression on her face when she met his gaze. ?Is everything all right, Luke??

?Definitely,? he replied. ?It most definitely is.?

Padmé furrowed her brow, and waited.

Mara squeezed Luke?s hand, and took a deep breath. ?Tell them.?

Bryon glanced quickly at Han. ?Tell us what??

Luke took a deep breath too. ?I asked Mara to marry me??

?? and I said yes,? she finished.

Padmé gasped, and immediately tears began to stream down her cheeks. Danaé smiled warmly and wrapped her arms around their mother. Leia and Sarré sprang up from the sofas and rushed over to slam Mara into fierce hugs. Han and Bryon stayed where they were ? and began to laugh.

Amid a flurry of delighted giggles Leia and Sarré dragged Mara toward Padmé and Danaé, leaving Luke standing alone in the middle of the room. Fortunately his brother noticed his plight, because Bryon stood up and headed Luke?s way. With a tilt of his head Bryon signaled Han to join them, and Solo complied with a lopsided grin. All the while the two men continued to laugh.

Luke crossed his arms over his chest. ?Care to enlighten me on what?s so amusing??

Bryon slapped him on the shoulder, hard. ?You, my dear brother, just cost me a very, very, very expensive dinner.?

Han slapped Luke on the other shoulder. ?Thanks, kid.?

Luke scowled. ?And what, exactly, were the terms of this? wager??

?I thought you?d wait a few months, at least,? Bryon explained with a shrug. ?And I was confident too.?

?I, on the other hand, never doubted you,? Han said. ?I knew you wouldn?t wait.?

Luke glowered at them even more. ?I see.?

?I should have known better than to bet against a Corellian,? Bryon said.

Han shook his head in dismay. ?Not only that, pal, but you bet against a Corellian in a matter of the heart.?

?Foolish,? Bryon conceded. ?Simply foolish.?

?So much for this being a surprise,? Luke muttered.

Bryon wrapped an arm around him. ?Oh, I wouldn?t worry about that too much if I were you. Usually when we fall in love, we?re the last one to know.?

Luke laughed. ?True. You and Sarré are proof enough of that.?

?See?? Bryon squeezed Luke a little. ?It?s not so bad.?

Luke nodded just as Leia bounded up to him.

?I?m so happy for you,? his sister said, hugging him tightly. ?This is great news.?

?Thanks,? Luke said. ?I?m glad you approve.?

?Of course I approve.? Leia grinned up at him. ?You and Mara are wonderful together.?

Luke chuckled. ?Most of the time, anyway.?

Han chuckled too. ?Most of the time is pretty good. Right, Princess??

?I don?t know, Captain,? Leia said. ?You have a way to go before you get to most of the time.?

Luke started to laugh, and he laughed even harder at the look of feigned hurt on Han?s face. Leia laughed too, and wiped the expression off Han?s face with

16. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    Mine! *hits post and runs back to check*

EDIT: *looks around for LP and TKL*

*rubs hands together gleefully* Heh heh heh. [face_devil] This was even worth being up early for. :cool:

More substantial feedback after work, Lex - assuming that the Senior Fangirls :eek: don't catch up with me first. [face_worried]

EDIT 2: *grins at TKL* [face_batting]

*RUNS!* :eek:

EDIT 3: I have my moments. Not many, but I do have them.

LOL. :p Yes, Lex, but you have such a rare talent for working SW quotes into both everyday conversation and stories. That goes a long way with fellow SW fans. ;)

Yay, the scene I wanted! :D [face_love] Poor Luke, left alone while the girls giggle. :p

Bryon slapped him on the shoulder, hard. ?You, my dear brother, just cost me a very, very, very expensive dinner.?

Luke scowled. ?And what, exactly, were the terms of this? wager??

?I thought you?d wait a few months, at least,? Bryon explained with a shrug. ?And I was confident too.?

?I, on the other hand, never doubted you,? Han said. ?I knew you wouldn?t wait.?

Luke glowered at them even more. ?I see.?

Han shook his head in dismay. ?Not only that, pal, but you bet against a Corellian in a matter of the heart.?

That's my favorite part. :D Great banter! :D And I love poor Luke glowering at them, and Bryon and Han being totally unimpressed. :p Although I know TKL wants [face_love] [face_batting] Bryon [face_batting] [face_love] scenes, I'm with LP in wanting wedding scenes. [face_love] Didn't you say, though, that there would only be four missing scenes? Or am I imagining things? [face_thinking]

Next Monday... Missing Scene # 4: Sometimes You Can Go Home Again ? But You Might Wish You Hadn?t (Epilogue)

Ah. Epilogue is generally pretty final. Drat!

*ponders upcoming missing scene* [face_thinking]

17. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Are you kidding?!

Fraggin frag!

*stomps off*

EDIT: Yeah replies. I'm so depressed I'm not sure I can say much - except can we have more Bryon Missing Scene [face_praying]

=D= Well played.

So Luke and so Mara. A great couple already [face_love] that they can finish each other's thoughts. Of course it would be Mara doing the finishing :p

My poor boy! You made Bryon a fool! :_|

Now I am really depressed :( I'll need a Bryon Missing Scene for sure now [face_batting]

Great post all around, AuthorBoy! It is hard to remember out of context that this scene follows Mara's emotional goodbye with Anakin. It's nice to see her farewell ended with a happy ending, with Anakin's son at her side. Something kind of poetic in that [face_love]

Or maybe I am just a hopeless romantic...

18. GunraysLawyer

GunraysLawyer Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2003
    Luke glanced back up at Bryon.

His brother grinned, and mouthed three words. ?We?ll talk later.?

Classic, simply classic! ;)

19. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    I could virtually re-post your Missing Scene and comment on every single sentence, but I'll restrain myself and choose a few.

The door was just about to slide closed behind Luke when Mara?s voice called out to him.
    ?Hang on a minute,? she said. ?I?ll come with you.?

Nice touch of Zahn, here. Really, really nice.

Absolutely priceless. Not-so-subtle reference to the OT title. And completely Leia.

Mara squeezed Luke?s hand, and took a deep breath. ?Tell them.?
    Bryon glanced quickly at Han. ?Tell us what??

That's what we call a joint announcement, isn't it?

Luke crossed his arms over his chest. ?Care to enlighten me on what?s so amusing??
    Bryon slapped him on the shoulder, hard. ?You, my dear brother, just cost me a very, very,
    very expensive dinner.?
    [...]
    ?So much for this being a surprise,? Luke muttered.
    Bryon wrapped an arm around him. ?Oh, I wouldn?t worry about that too much if I were you. Usually when we fall in love, we?re the last one to know.?

Wonderful interaction between brothers. This banter really cracked me up.

And, of course, ditto on GunraysLawyer's message.

MTFBWY,

Lauré ;)

20. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    That was delicious, dear friend!

The whole interaction between our heroes was magnificently written! =D=

And you have to put Anakin out of this!!!!!!!!!!! :_|
    And do not feed me all this hokey religions (Han's words) stuff about watching them as a force-ghost... :mad:
    He should be there with them, you cruel lawyer... [face_shame_on_you]

?Finally,? Leia said. ?The return of the Jedi.? ;)
    Nice touch!

[face_laugh]

Is that boy evolving to a gambler?

His brother grinned, and mouthed three words. ?We?ll talk later.?

He certainly is! That's what happens to you when you take a Corellian in your family... :D

21. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

GAAAAHHHH!!!! :eek:

This is SO UNFAIR!!!

Some of us have to sit in traffic for an hour and a half you know!!! :mad:

EDIT:

What a sweet scene! All that banter is just great. Query (again! :p) Do you come from a big family? I'm an only but have a large extended family and a lot of that banter reminds me of family get togethers and sibling teasing.

...and of COURSE anyone should know NEVER to bet against a Corellian [face_love]

- I also loved the way you snuck in "return of the Jedi" :p

- BTW are there any wedding scenes? And how many of these extra scenes are there?

22. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Hehe, I love that one too. Byron and Han betting on when Luke'd ask Mara is just something they'd do. And never bet against a Corellian in the matters of the heart ;) :p

I also love how all the girls dragged Mara away and left Luke standing there.

23. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    It's so funny watching those three race. You won't find me racing. I'm not even awake at 5 am.

Most everyone already mentioned most of what I'd point out. I really enjoyed the banter. The last line was great.

24. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Gabri: *looks around for LP and TKL*

And I was close enough to ? as Bulldog says ? thwack you on the head! Grrrr!

More substantial feedback after work, Lex - assuming that the Senior Fangirls don't catch up with me first.

LP, I think, babe, we have been insulted.

What to do? [face_thinking]

Just remember, Keiki Mahoe, that Lexie has never seen the end of the age issue ? and never will [face_devil] I have ways to make you pay [face_mischief] *rubs hands*

25. green_eyes

green_eyes Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    I think I sense a little Zahn--"wait....I'll come with you"......and a little Lucas--"The return of the Jedi"....

wonderful missing scene. Byron should have known better than to bet with Han. But Luke is another matter.

The final missing scene isn't going to make me cry like the original ending did, is it?

*green_eyes*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.