main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive The Social Thread at the end of the Galaxy!

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by PRENNTACULAR, Jan 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    Mod Approved

Welcome one and all to the one?the only?

The Social Thread at the end of the Galaxy!

Please?come in, take off your coat, put up your feet, and make yourself comfortable.

Grab a steaming cup of non-commercial, fair trade coffee from our espresso machine, or a nice cool glass of pomegranate juice (full of vitamins and minerals), and relax?for here, you are amongst family!

We here at the Social Thread at the end of the Galaxy realize that RPing can take its toll on a person (playing on the computer instead of sleeping tends to be rather tiring?), and that is why we have utilized state-of-the-art atmosphere stabilizers (as well as an infinite probability drive) to create the most soothing and comfy environment possible.

As seems to be the case with every establishment these days, there is a need for some order to be kept, and as such, we ask the great patrons of this wonderful restaurant/bar/grille/coffee shop to abide by the following rules and regulations:

2. Seeing as fire tends to destroy things and raise the heat to rather uncomfortable levels, please keep the flames in the fire place, and the flaming to the licensed professionals (i.e. nobody here).

3. Trolls emit a rather?unpleasant?scent, and are not welcome here in any shape or form.

4. The Social Thread at the end of the Galaxy prides itself on the cutting edge menu it offers, and spam is certainly not on that list. It would not be in your best interest to anger Hansel, our Bavarian chef (he has anger issues?), and bringing such low-class meat in such as spam would upset him terribly.

5. Rabble rousing and ruckuses are encouraged, but please, keep them in the designated areas.

6. Everything exists. Period. End of discussion. Henceforth, there shall be no need for existential debate.

7. Last, but certainly not least (in fact, quite the contrary), obey our two wonderful monarchs, to the ?t?. The Empress from Naboo and the Czar who lives on the Light Side are law. Much like Hansel, it is in your best interest to not piss them off.

8. And with that?good patrons?I declare this thread?OPEN!!!

[color=yellow][hl=green]I_H Edit:[/hl][/color] I declare this first social thread of the NSWRPF closed! My the next one do even better! :)

9. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Very well written! Certainly creates the atmosphere of a coffee shop.

10. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    Thanks, Sith. I tried.

So...let's be social!

I also forgot to mention, protocol says that I'm supposed to be looking for a barkeep, bouncer, jester, and all those other good things. So if your interested, let it be known.

11. Arclite

Arclite Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2006
    Nice, a new social!

Lookin forward to it PRENN, Though am much busy at the moment

12. DarthSubZero

DarthSubZero Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    It's good to socialize once in a while...but you forgot to mention the punishment the mods give when you disobey them.

They destroy your body using their holy mod powers(every mod has them, and feed your soul to Bargrov, the two hundred tooth sarlacc at the Black Hole of the Universe, to be digested...for all eternity.

The only thing that can stop them is the Sword of 1000 Truths, but that sword dosen't even exist so you're (expletive)ed.
    ---------------------------
    That's such |_|b3|2 p\X/|\|@63 (translation: uber pwnage)

MASTERPENN on the Mods

13. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    *walks in, adorned in a fancy tuxedo implying superiority*

*takes a long puff on Cuban cigar*

*blows out a large ring of smoke, then blows a small ring through it*

Well now, good work Prenn. This is quite a nice business venture.

*puffs on cigar and takes a look around*

Nice lookin' bunch ya got here.

14. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    Ah, Reynar, don't be sore....

You and Peng can be co-owners.

The Managment is proud to announce two additions to our staff. Please welcome Peng and Reynar as our two new co-owners...the shares are now split 33-33-34, between Peng, Reynar, and myself. As killers of all previous social threads, I think it fit that they be heavilly involved in this one as well.

-The Managment

Sub-Zero- To quote the O.P.,, Everything exists. Period. End of discussion. Henceforth, there shall be no need for existential debate. Therefore, the Sword of 1000 Truths does indeed eixist...and I know how to find it! Mods beware! But yes...for all you...common folk...it would be rather advantageous for you to stay on the mods good side...[face_devil]

15. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    *takes another drag on cigar after the ownership announcement*

Yes, SubZero, best to get and remain on the mods and the owners' good sides. Remember, we have a combined age of 42, we've each got 42 different outfits with 42 weapons, guns equipped with 42 rounds, and we know of 42 ways to retrieve the Sword of 1,000 Truths. [face_skull]

16. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    *Curses under breath for forgetting to mention something about '42' in the O.P.*

17. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Ah, Prenn, don't be sore....

:p

18. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    Aaaaannnd, with that....we are at ten posts!

Yay for us!

For a celebration, I declare this day, free-drink Thrusday!

Free drinks all day!

19. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    So much for my 33% share.

*sulks*

20. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Let me just say...

I absolutely adore the rules in this thread. [face_love]

21. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    My 1% advantage over you gives me the power to declare hollidays and free drinks.

But don't be sore Reynar...

You still get to know where the Sword of 1000 Truths is. And you get all the free drinks you want. :p

All petty arguments aside, I declare this place owned by the PEOPLE!

22. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    I'm a 50th level Anti-Paladin with 15 levels of Jester.

So beat that 8-}

23. DarthSubZero

DarthSubZero Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    Why have 42 when you can have....(evil dramatic pause) 24? (Dr.Evil music plays)
    --------------------------------
    (after being rejected entry into the Social Thread and saying "Screw you guys, I'm going home!" He gfinds someone with an entry pass, and LightSide Apprentince with a rather ferpcious looking hammer.)

Me:May I borrow that hammer, oh glorious good mod?

LSA: Really don't care, take it.

(dtakes hammer with LSA's permission, and while singing " I Don't Want to Wait" by Paula Cole, formally smashes the patron's brains out, and takes his pass. He cleans the hammer, gives it back to LSA, and the sound of a buzzsaw cleaving through flesh and bone and the rustling of a garbage can be heard at the entrance*

Hello my good man.(PENN) I would like to stay in your fine establishment.

24. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    *Pillar of Light appears, shining in the back corner of the lounge*

*Dusts self off as I step out*

Did someone say Hammer?

*Laugh Track Plays*

Hmmmm....

Interesting digs, yes indeed...

Nice Work Prenn... I concur with NP, those rules are very creative... :)

I'll have a Jeru Tea if you will...

-I_H

25. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    You're more than welcome here, SubZero, as is anybody else who wishes to grace us with their presnce.

Zedd, I can't understand that, much less beat it. You are more than welcome to be the jeseter, if you so wish it.

Edit: I didn't see NP's or Imp's post...sorry guys. Thanks for the kind words. And a Jujusomething or other it is for ye, Imp!

*Uses owners powers to teleport glass of exotic drink towards the Hammer*

26. MoonlightsAngel

MoonlightsAngel Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2006
    *Walks in with a warm smile*

Hello everyone! *Walks up to MASTERPRENN*

-Whisper- I was wondering...don't you need a barmaiden too?...I kinda have too much free time in my hands....

-looks at everyone and waves- Hiya all!

27. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    Of course we need a barmaiden!

But you'll have to learn...non of this 'whispering' stuff. This place is loud and proud!

Welcome to the staff, MLA!

28. Darth_Meerkat

Darth_Meerkat Jedi Master star 3

Oct 4, 2006
    *walks in.*

Hello, fellow RPers.

Need a barkeep? I can mix 42 e-drinks in 2/3rds of 63 seconds. ;)
    And of those 42, 21 pairs are original recipes.

Wow...with all this HHGTTG talk, when does Marvin become the valet? :)

29. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    It's an inside joke... the DM's of our 2nd edition game screw around with everyone by handing out alignment changes like it was a weekly paycheck and gives you unnecessary levels in classes you've never heard of.

My monk now has 41 kids and a level of knight in order to use his cursed sword that makes it so that if I kill an evil person, I have to kill a good person as well.

And the damn dwarf is a cleric with levels of Jester.

Think the most random, chaotic acts possible... wrap them all into the personality of Gimli from Lord of the Rings, and give them dangerous artifacts just to see "what will happen next"...

Thus, the 41 kids... and the level of knight... and now the drow assassin is Lawful Good....

Curse you dwarf....

30. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    *puts out cigar*

Decent enough turnout. Nice to see some vets around.

*lights another cigar*

31. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    Hmmm... Everything exists... does that mean that.... *checks Tricorder, Datapads, Compass, and ball of twine* YES!!!!!!! *pulls sock out from undreneath a chair* The Portal through which all missing Left socks vanish in Exists here!!!!!!! Man they stink...

32. MoonlightsAngel

MoonlightsAngel Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2006
    NICE! -kneels and pulls out about four different left socks- I've been looking for this for ages!!!! -pouts- this one had a whole...-wrinkles nose- Yeah...they stink -throws them back in the portal nonchalantly- Anyways...no whispering....-grin- that I can do!

-warm, big smile at MASTERPRENN- Why thank you! -humms a random tune and walks around endlessly-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.