main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Star Wars Starbucks Reunion Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Sasha Sawyer, Jul 13, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sasha Sawyer

Sasha Sawyer Jedi Master star 2

Jun 15, 1999
    I don't know who you are,... or where you come from, BUT.....it's truly wonderful to see ya again, you wretched hive of scum and villainy! ;)

I watched "A League of Our Own" the other day and got Madonna's, "This used to be my playground, ..." stuck in my head. I've been singing it for days now and as I've gone about sending invitations and preparing this thread, it seemed eerily appropriate. Made me feel like I was haunting this place, a la some Sixth Sense "presence". I can't believe it's been a year already.

Sooooo.... what do you think of our new planetary system? I should maybe explain some of the quirky things about it, like NO SMILEY FACES!!! :( That one's really crippling me, I'm telling ya. Plus, there's no italics, no images, no links, and, -- this is the really scary one, -- only TEN MINUTES to edit your posts! Can you believe that?? It's a guud thing I's talks and rites so gude....

Alright, where to begin, where to begin?? There's tons of stuff that has happened in the Star Wars Universe since last year..... Hayden Christensen, Christopher Lee, and now Jimmy Smits. Migosh, -- Ewan MacGregor and Jimmy Smits? Given their bare all attitude, I half expect a Jedi skinny dipping scene in the next Episode! :) And Christopher Lee as a "charismatic separatist", -- what exactly is that? Sounds like a charming contortionist or something.

And this isn't Star Wars stuff, but it's a close cousin..... Did you hear they're going to do another Indiana Jones? It's supposed to be out in two years, and there's even a rumour that Spielberg is trying to get Shyamalan to write it, though I don't see how "The Sixth Sense" qualifies him for action writing....? Letterman was funny, -- he said he heard that this time Harrison Ford is playing Indiana Jones AND his father. :)

Ok, direct from Hoth...

A BREAK THE ICE QUESTIONNAIRE:

1. If you could be any character in any of the Star Wars MOVIES, and live ONE day of their movie life (example: Bobba Fett, the day he falls in the Sarlacc Pit), -- Who would you be and what day would you want?

2. What's the worst movie you've ever seen and why?

3. Which would you rather do, -- Pod Race, Trench Run, or Lightsabre Duel?

4. Name something odd/strange that you like.

5. When you order a double scoop ice cream cone, what flavours do you usually order?

6. If you wear a perfume or cologne, what kind?

7. What things have you been turning to recently for entertainment? (tv, books, sports, etc)

Tonight I'm going to see "X-Men". I saw the animation now and then, but I wasn't a huge fan or anything, so I'm suprised at how much I'm looking forward to seeing it. (Well, let's face it, it's not like it has been an amazing summer for movies, has it?) I'm curious to see how much Patrick Stewart can flesh out his role, Professor X has quite a few dimensions so I see some real possibilities there. And since I'm addicted to The Weather Channel and hurricane season, this probably won't surprise anyone, but I'm really, really hoping Storm does some cool stuff. Literally. :)

As usual, this is turning into a novel so I guess I should save my rant against "The Perfect Storm" and my critique of "Walking Across Egypt" for later, but before I go, here's something for you Luke-ites:

Question: "Why did it take Luke so long to find a wife?"

Answer: "Because he was looking for love in Alderaan places."

Ha! I know, I know, ....... pretty bad. :) Hey, it's been a while, -- I'm lucky I still even know how to *spell* Alderaan.

2. JediPrincess

JediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 1999
    I don't remember if I posted much in the old Starbucks, but I do remember gushing about Luke and that time where we were all voting the hell out of that one poll...remember that? And I was just watching A League of Thier Own too. "There's no crying in baseball!" Anyway. I love filling out these questionare things.

1. If you could be any character in any of the Star Wars MOVIES, and live ONE day of their movie life Who would you be and what day would you want?

That is a VERY good question. I think I would want to be Leia on the day she gets reunited with Han in ROTJ. Although I wouldn't look forward to being Jabba's dancing slave. Yuck.

Hmm...Driving Mrs. Daisy. It was sooooo boring. And she really annoyed me. Towards the end, when the guy comes back to her house, and he calls for her and she doesn't answer, I actually wished she had died so the movie would be over.

Definately the Lightsaber duel.

Hmmm....Antiques. Not many people my age are into cool old stuff.

5. When you order a double scoop ice cream cone, what flavours do you usually order?

2 scoops of mint chocolate chip.

Whatever smells good from Bath & Bodyworks.

7. What things have you been turning to recently for entertainment? (tv, books, sports, etc)

Professional wrestling. My giant crush on Luke has shifted to the Rock. Christ, he's so hot it's not human! I have never seen such a gorgeous man in my life.

3. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    1. Erm...Luke during the Death Star trench run.
    Luke during the final confrontation with Vader/the Emperor.
    Wedge during the battle of Endor.

I though Blair Witch Project was really overrated.

Trench Run.

Dunno really.

Strawberry/vanilla

Not me, I'm a bloke!

Garbage (the band)
    Star Wars (as always)
    Wormie

4. Thran

Thran Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 2000
    Okay, I'm here....physically that is. Well someone better damn well get Vader or Obi-Have to show, or this won't be a reunion dammit. =) I'm serious too. Okay on to the poll....that wasn't created by me...*thieves I tell ya, taking my gimmick...why I outta!!!!*

1. If you could be any character in any of the Star Wars MOVIES, and live ONE day of their movie life (example: Bobba Fett, the day he falls in the Sarlacc Pit), -- Who would you be and what day would you want? (its boba..not bobba) Hrm this is a toughie...lets see. It must be.....Grand Admiral Thrawn *as if you couldn't guess* any day, just not the day he got killed =).

2. What's the worst movie you've ever seen and why? Uhm, mars attacks pretty much sucked...

3. Which would you rather do, -- Pod Race, Trench Run, or Lightsabre Duel? LightSABER duel of course!

Hmm...uhm, walking around with underwear on my head? no no, just kidding. Prolly the weirdest thing is getting my body driven through a table with a crowd of about 20,000 looking on....you can like your job right?

5. When you order a double scoop ice cream cone, what flavours do you usually order? geez, its the british spelling of everything...darn it brits, learn to spell! umm...Rockymountian and....whatever else.

6. If you wear a perfume or cologne, what kind? Uhm, right now its "Tommy Boy."

hehe, funny you should ask this. Wrestling....of the professional sort. =) And yes, soon you all might be able to watch me via TNN on ECW if all things go as planned =) =) =) =) =)

That's one of my dreams, that and the WWF.
    Well, anyways, I'm off in 3 hours to practice.

Thran out.
    "A WOOOHOOO!"

5. Django211

Django211 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 6, 1999
    It's obvious that many of you haven't been to a reunion. First of all you act polite to everyone, you pretend to remember the people talking to you, you tell the people that have gained the most weight that they look good & you look for that special someone you used to be in love with & see what might have been.

1. I wish I was George Lucas on opening day when he saw the enormous line outside the theater. Realizing that his vision was worth fighting for must have been something. All the negative criticism from his friends, the so-called great filmmakers of the 70's, revealing their jealousy, pettiness & nervousness for a revolution in American cinema. Not really a character in Star Wars but I've always found real life more fascinating than films.

2. The worst movie I ever saw was Daylight. I didn't even pay for it & I'm still irrate over the fact that I lost 2 hours of my life for that. A close second was The Messenger.

3. Lightsaber duel, but I'd want the double ended dealy.

4. I love getting caught in the rain, unless I'm wearing leather.

5. Mint chocolate chip & French vanilla. You don't want one to overpower the other.

6. I can't remember the last time I used cologne but I have a bottle of Cool Water somewhere.

7. I recently got a ton of Hong Kong DVDs & I've been watching some great stuff.

OK now for some of the standard reunion questions.

8. What have you been up to?
    9. What do you do?
    10. Do you recognize anyone here?

6. Grand Admiral Thran

Grand Admiral Thran Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 22, 1999
    Who is the guy/girl above? Djanwhatever?

7. Sasha Sawyer

Jun 15, 1999
    Oh, you beautiful people, you actually showed up! I was afraid no one would come, -- All last night I had this image burned in my mind of Luke shouting, "Nooooo, I'll NEVER join you!!!!" Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for not making me be the only one here! And have I told you all how wonderful you look? You've lost a little weight, haven't you? :)

PRINCESS: Ahh, the Save Luke poll, -- those were the days. I think my clicking finger is still not working properly. :) Didn't do us any good though, huh? Oh well, true genius is never appreciated in it's own time. What kind of antiques do you like? Furniture type stuff, or doo-dads? I love vintage clothing and hats, and old Life magazines and movie posters. I was just at an antique shop and they had something I want soooo bad, -- I don't know what it's called, it's the thing from a ship that you turn to say Half Stop, Full Throttle,and that sort of thing. It makes that loud dinging noise, just like in the movies. I'd love to have that, I stood there making it ding until everyone wanted to throw me out. :) Only $1,500.00. (!!) Still, it'd be cool. That, and a periscope. Wouldn't that be great? They have one at The Seattle Science Centre, I've always wanted one.

COMMANDER ANTILLES: "The Blair Witch Project" being highly overrated was the point, -- that's called publicity. :)

THRAN: So far, VADER is the only one who hasn't picked up his invitation, so I'm not sure if he'll fit us into his schedule. (and when you read this, pronounce "schedule" as "sedjuwul" :) ) Oh, and I *was* going to spell Boba Fett as Bubba Fett. He's from Georgia, ya know.

DJANGO: Migosh, when is the last time you posted more than three sentences?! :) Hey guy, nice to have you making me laugh out loud here again. I don't like that "What have you been up to" question, though. Of course you would ask that, -- YOU HAVE A LIFE! The highight of my week, on the other hand, was that the other day I counted every single train car that rattled past me as I waited at the railroad crossing. (73 cars, 5 engines, and the guy in the caboose waved) And are you telling me that the deeper meaning and provocative symbolism of "Daylight" escaped you?? The murky, flooding tunnel as a manifestation of mankind's neverending struggle with his superego? Why, the Freudian, yet ultimately hopeful, message of the movie's title still gives me shivers.... I guess you just don't recognize raw emotional drama when you see it, do you? :) Kael raved, I'm sure.

1. If you could be any character in any of the Star Wars MOVIES, and live ONE day of their movie life (example: Boba Fett, the day he falls in the Sarlacc Pit), -- Who would you be and what day would you want?

Shoot, when I write these stupid questions I forget I'll actually have to answer them.... (DJANGO, you cheated) Umm.... probably Leia, and I'd time it so I'd get to kiss both Luke and Han, -- that all happened within 24 hour, right? And if I give a cheat answer, like You Know Who, then I'd say Natalie Portman filming TPM, pretty much any day. I just would have loved the excitement of being there. Besides, you can't go wrong being Natalie Portman.

"Baby Geniuses" I saw it on video with a bunch of kids, and even they knew it was a bad film. I watched that in total amazement. How could so many smart people have no clue what they'd gotten themselves in to?

I'm a big chicken and wouldn't want to die doing any of it. Probably lightsabre duel. I'm not half bad at fencing, and I love the zhoow-zhoow sound they make when they clash. It'd be fun to do the pod race in one of those safe little Star Tours rides, though. You know, the kind where you buckle in and the worst thing that can happen to you is someone steps on your toes on the way out.

Besides you guys? :) The smell of rain falling on hot sidewalks, and being caught in dust

8. Jedi Callie

Jedi Callie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 1999
    JC reporting for duty!! I found yall!

Sasha, can I just say I *loved* that Luke joke? That was very clever indeed *heehee*.

Now, onto the poll:

1. If you could be any character in any of the Star Wars MOVIES, and live ONE day of their movie life (example: Bobba Fett, the day he falls in the Sarlacc Pit), -- Who would you be and what day would you want?

I would be Leia, and it would be the moment when Luke calls out to her as he's holding on for dear life (literally) on Bespin. That moment established to me the connection between them that was unlike any other either had ever known--with anyone. Beautiful scene :). Plus, Leia is my all-time favorite character after Luke, so naturally I would pick her!

I don't know if I can think of the worst ever, but as I've said before, I have seen some real doozies. The worst one of the recent batches I've seen was probably "The Bachelor." Wow, was that ever horrid...

Lightsaber duel. Ever since I was 8 years old, I've always wanted to be a Jedi :)

Well this is all relative, isn't it? ;-) Many people in my life would say that my fascination with Star Wars is quite odd. I can't think of anything off hand, but I will come back to this question later.

I don't like ice cream, so I would never order a double scoop, ack! However, when I *do* have ice cream, I generally order pistacchio...

I don't wear perfume, but I've discovered one I actually like and may start wearing soon: Tommy Girl

Lately I have returned to my roots as a bookworm. I think I have read/am about to read/have acquired nearly every book there is out there on fiction writing (Amazon's been quite pleased with me in the last 8-9 months or so). I also went on a treasure hunt for everything Barbara Hambly's ever written (I can see Sasha shaking her head and thinking to herself, "Why, dear heavens, why??!!" LOL). Other than my book habit, I've been kept myself occupied with creating a new website. A few months ago, my all-time favorite TV show, "Homefront," was brought back into syndication by TVLand (the bliss lasted only a few weeks however, because as soon as they showed all the episodes, they pulled it off the air *sigh*). My obsession for the show was renewed, and one weekend I was feeling particularly industrious and created a website for it :). And when that's not keeping me busy, I am also still working on my grand Star Wars fanfic trilogy--nine chapters into the first of the stories. It's been slow going in the last month or so, what with real life interfering *hehe*, but I'm hoping I can actually finish this sometime this century *sigh*.

And of course, as if all that isn't enough, I am taking a GMAT prep course (I'm taking the test on August 18), and the 8 hours of homework a week is threatening to bury me, or at least make sleep a thing of the past.

Wave hello to the new zombie on the block. :)

9. Jedi Callie

Jun 14, 1999
    Oh wait, I thought of something odd that I like... For some reason, I love the smell of Bounce fabric softener--the "outdoor fresh scent" variety. In fact, it's almost comforting in a strange way.

Go figure ;-)

10. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    "COMMANDER ANTILLES: "The Blair Witch Project" being highly overrated was the point, -- that's called publicity. :)"

I mean the fact that it wasn't at all scary, Sasha, not the publicity!

11. Wormie2

Wormie2 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    Not to mention the smell that accompanied the film! Anyone else have people throwing up at the show they went to?

Oh, btw, I'm here! Looking forward to this week!

12. Sasha Sawyer

Jun 15, 1999
    Hey girl, you get back here!

13. Wormie2

Feb 22, 1999
    Who? Me? Well, shoot, Sasha. You know I'm a permenant fixture around here! I'll be back later tonight!

14. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Greetings! I am here to represent the "Second String" - those of us who have been regular posters at all of the Starbucks for the past six months or so. (And also those of us who frequent our Express thread over at nightly.net - the "daughter church.")

I started posting at Starbucks on page 5 of it's second incarnation, started by JEDI CALLIE, in the fall of 1999 and have been there ever since! =)

*sniff* Ah, I love the smell of a POLL in the morning! OK, so it's afternoon here...morning just sounded better...go with me on this...

Luke on the second Death Star - the day his Knighthood is attained and his father is redeemed.

Hmmm, I'm still going with "Meet Joe Black." I don't know how it ended - I don't *care* how it ended!

Lightsaber! Preferably Darth Maul-style!

Sliced cucumbers in vinegar. Or just vinegar. I can drink it straight - especially balsamic.

Chocolate chip, mint chocolate chip, or chocolate chip cookie dough. I have a thing for chocolate chips....can you tell?

White Linen - my fav, or Tea Rose - hubby's fav!

That would be the computer! And books - EU and Patricia Cornwell, mostly.

15. Jedi Callie

Jun 14, 1999
    Oh I thought of another strange thing that I like :). *I* personally don't think it's all that strange--it's fairly common in Southeast Asian countries, but apparently it's completely unheard of in this part of the world! I grew up drinking "avocado shakes." Take a ripe avocado, scrape out the yummy fruit inside and put it in a blender with milk and sugar, and voila, a delicious beverage :). I personally make it with a little less milk and then eat it like pudding, but it's up to you.

You'll find this a lot in Filipino restaurants, and occasionally I've seen it in Vietnamese restaurants. It's delicious, I'm telling you. Don't knock it till you try it!! :)

16. Jedi Eowyn

Jedi Eowyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 1999
    Hello Hello Hello!

1. If you could be any character in any of the Star Wars MOVIES, and live ONE day of their movie life (example: Boba Fett, the day he falls in the Sarlacc Pit), -- Who would you be and what day would you want?

I like the end of RotJ when Luke & Anakin connect. Despite that being such an awful day for so many reasons, I'd like to be Anakin that day, when he finally realizes he's his own person and he can chuck the emperor overboard and connect with his son.

Johney Mnemonic. I saw it before the reviews because we it was Keanu Reeves post Speed and we wanted to see a movie. Losing that 1.5 hours of my life was the reason I refused to see Matrix in a theater.

It wasn't even campy.

Duel, but not really. Like training deuling? Alot of fun to imagine it -- like dancing. But that conclusion isn't ideal.

hee hee. friends sent me leggo this last week as a cheer up present, and I never had any before. Yes, I am a mature person and I've never played with leggo. Now I'm thrilled. (When I was done the woman in the room with me asked why struggle doing it without following the directions. directions?) (I had more fun my way!) Luke & Ben are in their leggo landspeeder in my room even now!

mint chocolate chip for both

soap smell? laundry detergent these days.

I find Survivor is odd to the point of being interesting. :)

17. Sasha Sawyer

Jun 15, 1999
    Hi! It's nice to see more people mosying on in. ( but WORMIE, until you post more than two sentences, you only count as half :) ) Judging by how things usually go with us, we won't have everyone here until next Sunday at 11:00 pm, huh? (If then, you procrastinators)

I MISS MY GEE GOLLY UBB CODE, DON'TCHA KNOW!!!! :( For real. I miss the bold function and those happy yellow smiley faces, especially. And the things I thought were a plus about the new system aren't turning out to be such a bonus after all. I can't get the private message thing to work, no matter how much I try, and I thought that "favourite user" thing might be really handy but it has some kinks, at least for me. I started to add people to it yesterday and then realized, this isn't going to work for me. I'm the kind of person who worries when I choose a car to drive into town that I'm hurting the other car's feelings for not taking it, you know? So, before I knew it, I had half the Jedi Council membership on my favourites list. Then it began to dawn on me that if I did that, then every time I opened my mail it was going to say I had 323 messages! :) So...., no favourites. Couldn't they have called it something else? Like, "The People I'm Currently Stalking List"? Or couldn't they have had it just say a number and no names? Like that idiotic "How Many People Like Me" function? ( And what's with that, anyway? Migosh, talk about a foolproof way to scramble someone's self-image! Why not just stick little "kick me" signs to our names while they're at it?) Anyway, I'm not enamoured with this new system, in case you can't tell......

I found kind of a fun Star Wars thing on a site I visited. (I've been doing brush up homework for this reunion :) ) Maybe this is old news to you guys, but it was my first time seeing it. These guys took all the Star Wars Episodes and wrote them as viewed backwards. It sounds crazy, but it's a whole new story when viewed that way. For example, in "Hope Anew" the Mos Eisely scene plays this way:

"Han meets Jabba the Hutt while deboarding. They all head to the Cantina to grab a bite, and they leave Han (who wants to stay and watch the band). While still at the cantina, Obi-Wan helpfully uses his Sabre to re-connect an arm to an alien, while Luke straightens up some tables."

And from the Luke and Vader confrontation scene in "Back Strikes the Empire":

"They fly to Cloud City where Luke sneaks in, and meets Vader who reattachs Luke's real hand. Luke gets really upset, but calms down when Vader tells him that he's actually his father. "

It's not an amazingly funny piece, or anything, but it does have its moments. For those of you who would like to see it, here's the link. (sorry, you have to do the cut and paste thing here, -- no more first class flying) http://www.shavenwookie.com/orhp/humour/swback.txt

"X-Men" was better than I expected in some ways, and worse in others.

**** X-Men Spoilers ********

I had been looking forward to seeing Storm and Xavier, but they were just so-so. Xavier's character was far too benign for me, no edge or depth. Why must goodness and caringness always translate into blandness? However, I really thought Wolverine was well done. Intense and broody without being angsty, and sardonically witty without being a one-liner Shwarzenegger wannabe. His character portrayal walked a very fine line but never stepped over the edge, -- I hadn't liked him that much before but now he and Rogue are my favourites.

Another thing I found out while watching that movie was that I was far more interested in the characters' stories when they were mutants trying to cope in a nonmutant world, than when they were superheroes. Seeing them have to come to grips with their abilities and the changes in their lives was far more compelling than seeing them grapple with each other. I like how the comic series has its roots in the real issue of prejudice and fear, and I think that story is told far better when they're not sheltered away in Xavier's "school". They say the ke

18. Sasha Sawyer

Jun 15, 1999
    ::Sasha waves hello to Zombie CALLIE:: As you do all that homework just think of all the new synapses you're creating in your neuron network, all the nourishment you're sending to your little grey cells, can't you just feel your mind expanding? Of course, it'll take a while to undo all the damage "The Bachelor" did. :) I saw that movie, too, and it was pretty pathetic. What made it worse was how true parts of it were, especially the committment phobic men. Did you know that they did a study to see how they could get more men to volunteer for Big Brother's and the Literacy Council and the like, and they found out the big deterrent was the one year committment clause? So, they were advised to change the phrasing to read "one year *Investment*" and that has seemed to do the trick. Lol, the power of words.

I loved "Homefront", too. Even the theme song, (ax-centuate the positive, eeeee-lim-inate the negative) was great, but I'm a sucker for stuff from the '40's. All though I loved all the soap operay love stuff, the episode that was the most memorable for me was the one where the Jewish Italian girl is remembering how her mother saved her life in the camps by claiming her daughter knew how to crochet lace, and then proceeded to secretly make her share and her daughters. Very moving.

I have actually grown to have some respect for Barbara Hambly after reading "Dragonsbane". It's still not my kind of reading, but I can't deny she knows what she's doing.

Avocado shake? I'm having images flash through my mind of you drinking thinned guacomole! :( I guess it's the sugar that changes things, huh? And it has the right texture for a shake, I just have to get used to the idea... I'll trust ya on it.

COMMANDER ANTILLES: To be honest, I haven't seen "The Blair Witch Project". I just have enough accessed knowledge to spoof it when I want, and pretend I know what I'm talking about at parties. I do like that they managed to scare so many people without really showing anything, I like that approach. I really hate the slash and gore variety of filmmaking. My favourite kind of scary movies are the ones like "The Sixth Sense", "Deceived", and "Wait Until Dark" where they skillfully and quietly build up the tension to such a high level that you find yourself jumping at shadows. (and almost screaming just because a woman in a bathrobe walked down the hall)

TRACE: Greetings, Ambassa-door. (That's my Queen Amidala accent, -- dead on, isn't it? :)) Nice to see ya here. I saw the Starbucks Express thread over at Nightly.net a bit ago, made me happy to see that. Migosh, when I started the first Starbucks a year ago I had no idea it would become a franchise! :) There's actually a Starbucks on a couple of other nonStarWars forums, too. I should've had a royalties clause in the contract....

My dad drinks vinegar, too! -- the vinegar from pickle jars. :( He always says that that way they won't have to embalm him when he dies, he'll already be pickled. Which reminds me of that "Eerie Indiana" episode, -- the "Ever Fresh" one where all these Stepford-type wives were going crazy over tupperware parties and were preserving their families in giant plastic sandwich containers....... hmmm, I guess you had to be there.

EOWYN: "But that conclusion isn't ideal", -- Lol! You've got a point. (no pun intended)

I can't believe you've been lego deprived this whole time! They're like the ultimate toy, so mood flexible and able to change with the given moment. Whereas, Barbie dolls are always, you know,...Barbie dolls. :( What can you do with them, exactly?

I think soap and laundry smells are the best, I haven't found a perfume I like as much as Mountain Spring Tide and Mountain Spring Downy, or even the smell of Johnson's baby powder, for that matter. And those scents are all a lot less spendy than Victoria Secret's Vanilla and Lace, you know?

I'm so happy to find a fellow "Survivor" voyeur!! I've seen three episodes so far and I find the whole thing horrifyingly fascinating, I am riveted. I have

19. Thran

Thran Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 2000
    Uhm, I just wanted to post because I didn't want Sasha to feel left out and like she has no life =). uhm, If you're there just like...post =P and I'll reply

20. Jedi Callie

Jun 14, 1999
    Eowyn: hey girl!! *waves hello* How've you been? Leggo, huh? I wasn't all that into leggo when I was a kid either. In fact, when I was 4, I desperately wanted a dollhouse, and my parents (God bless 'em, they meant well) gave me a leggo dollhouse. Well, I was none too appreciative and cried and cried and wanted to know why I didn't have a "real" dollhouse. What an ingrate, huh?;-)

Sasha: you mean you've heard of "Homefront"?? Yahooooo!!! I can't believe someone else knows about that show! You and JM are the one of the few people I know who actually remember it. I ADORED that show, simply adored it. And the episode you mentioned, "The Lacemakers" is a particularly moving episode. I have to admit when I first saw that episode 7 years ago, I was a little annoyed that Jeff and Ginger (yes, my favorites from the show--and now I've got a website just for them *heehee*) weren't on, and so I didn't really watch it. But when it was on TVLand a few weeks ago, I watched every single episode--even the ones without Jeff and Ginger--just because I had been in withdrawal for 7 years, and I bawled like a baby. When Gina (the Jewish girl) kept saying, "I should have speak up" I just lost it. Now THAT is true love, saving your child from those monsters...

But I have to admit, my favorite episodes are still the ones that revolved around Jeff and Ginger. I loved those two back then, and I'm even more obsessed with them now. What witty, sexy, romantic writing they had for those two, and of course the chemistry between Kyle Chandler and Tammy Lauren was unbelievable :). I am dying to see those two reunited on the big or small screen again sometime soon. If ever there were two actors who were born to play a couple, it was Kyle and Tammy! :)

Btw, I too am simply FASCINATED with anything and everything 40's. That is what attracted me to that show in the first place (that, and I remembered David Newsom, who played Hank, from "Quantum Leap" when he played Scott Bakula's brother. I liked him ever since QL and wanted to see him in this new show). I love the glamour and style of the 40's. The whole look of that era is incredible--everyone just seemed so classy and put-together. Of course, it was incredibly high maintainance, I'm sure, but nevertheless everyone just looked so gaw-geous. Oh, and I LOVE the music of that era. Big band, torch songs, oh my... I have decided that for my wedding, I will play nothing by 40's songs. "Ac-cen-tu-ate The Positive" *must* be played *heehee*, and I want the first dance to be to either "Unforgettable" or "Moonlight Serenade." I have to learn swing dancing now ;-)

Funny you mention "Dragonsbane" because that is my favorite BH book of all :). The ending makes me cry everytime, and in a lot of ways, this book reminds me a lot of "Children of the Jedi" and what she tried to do with Luke and Callista. Reading "Dragonsbane," with its "happy" ending, comforts me :).

As for my gray matter and my brain expanding, well I don't know about that, but I'd like to think that I'm not losing any brain cells as I age. My best friend told me once that she heard that as we age, we start to lose brain cells if we don't "exercise" our brain as we would any other muscles in our body (ok, the brain is an organ, I know, but you know what I mean). Frankly, the thought terrified me. I am determined to "work out" my brain daily until the day I die LOL!

However, I must say, my homework is having an impact in my life. When you start dreaming of integers and misplaced modifiers and faulty assumptions in logic, I say that's a sign that there may be a bit too much thinking going on ;-). Of course, I also have that recurring dream again of being late in class. I haven't been in school for almost four years, and I still have those dreams--weird!

Well enough about that...

My Star Wars mention for the day: while I was driving today, a new song came on the radio, which I had never heard before, and some line in it mentioned something about a Star Wars posted on the door. I literally squealed--how sad is that??!! ;-)

21. Jedi Eowyn

Jul 28, 1999
    Hi again!

*waves to Callie & Thrawn!!!*

Survivor is so very icky in some ways. The ones stratagizing to WIN are the ones creating what ever is the common denomenator for who gets voted off, not personality. <shiver>

Hard to imagine being on an island with people when every act I engage in is meant to make me win and them loose. Watching the one guy play cards with the other guy while the woman commented that it's so like guys to bond that way put shivers up my spine. They're not bonding, at least one of them is feeling the other out to decide pecking order for picking him off in the votes. Ick. And yet I watch.

I've heard Hambly's name, but I don't think I've read any.

When I was a kid we used to get mint chocolate chip shakes at the local diner. mmmmm. The chips DID fit up the straw! YAY! Advacado shakes? Is that anything like my old mint chocolate chip?

hee hee, SW backwards. hee hee. After Ben appears, called to the spot by Luke's voice & Vader's magic wand, Ben spars some with his old student, Vader. They also talk. Then they part, reunion over. hee hee hee. I'm getting a kick out of this. hee hee hee.

Star Wars reference: If Luke were on that survivor island, I think he'd be thrown off by the executives for not filling out the little chit of paper, voting to toss someone. But Han, pre RotJ, would certainly play along. I don't know about Leia.

22. Jedi Eowyn

Jul 28, 1999
    And about favorite users...

ugh! I mean, ugh! Who I like is a matter of private connection. I mean, I like people in my heart, not on a list. ugh! And to list "friends" in order to track good posts and keep track of the conversations? talk about mixed messages! That should be for a search function! At the same time, I'm bizarrely pleased to not have that "0" in my "Who likes you" slot. :(

And what to do when you've been left out of someone's circle? :( It's all so petty!

Lindzee is trying to collect everyone's name so as to have everyone in her list. :) It is a very nice gesture.

I will give the new board this: it isn't breaking down like the last one was. At the end there it seemed down whenever I looked for it. down down down. Corrupt threads right and left. The problems here can be fixed (I hope) but that we can post at all makes me happy. :)

23. Wormie2

Feb 22, 1999
    Oi! Dang it! I was gonna post a preview of tomorrows Peanuts, for ol' times sake and all that, but I forgot! And now it's too late! Shoot! Oh well. Hey Sasha! This is more than 2 lines. Guess that means I'm offically here. I promise to be more detailed tomorrow. Crazy life I've got here! Yikes, gotta go!

24. Jedi Eowyn

Jul 28, 1999
    Wormie! Peanuts! YAY!

25. Jedi Callie

Jun 14, 1999
    Hey Eowyn, how is the writing going, btw? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.