main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive The Steam Chronicles

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Penguinator, Feb 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiskolou

kiskolou Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 23, 2005
    imagine a spherical boiler body,with a steampipe coming out the back.The arms both with seperate smockestacks,iron-framed but gears visible and lanky like a monkeys.Head like a big tank turret made of black iron,legs like clockwork mech-warrior legs. Large industrial claws,pistons everywhere,flames snorting out
    the smokestacks,constant whistling,like a large industrial,walking tank-train.
    There...Happy now?
    [face_peace]

2. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I am so sorry, people. Yell at me, for I am foolish.

I went away for spring break without warning, and am back. Later tonight there will be an update.

In the meantitme, yelling, hitting me, and general abuse is okay.

3. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    GM Post

Anderson had to work fast. The woman was losing lots of blood, and he was no doctor.

"It's alright, ma'am. Calm down, stay awake. Do not close your eyes," he said clearly, having had a little experience.

He truned around,serching for something to stop the bleeding with. Not much. This could get tricky...

Then he saw it. A small, white box, off to the side of the door, almost hidden. A medical kit! He grabbed it, and nearly broke the hinges opening it. Rummaging around it, he found what he was looking for: bandages and guaze.

He knelt by the bed, taking his knife to cut away part of the duchess' clothes.

"Sorry, but it has to be done," he said awkwardly. He pressed the guaze gently on to the wound, and wrapped it with bandages. He heard a scream, and a loud thud.

It sounded like one of the others.

Up above, the fight continued. Quincy was really beginning to hate life.

He tossed his cane below deck. He didn't want it crushed. Drawing a pistol, he aimed at the central eye of the machine, and pulled the trigger. The green circle exploded in a shower of sparks, and the machine looked in Quincy's direction with it's remaining eyes.

Taking aim again, Quincy shot one of the fingers this time. The ricoheting bullet narrowly avoided Whatson, who fell to the deeck with a thud.

Quincy ran forwards, to get him out of the way, and the machine swung it's arm in a wide arc. Quincy and Rick scrambled away, but one of the remaining cultists was launched into the air, his arm bending unnaturally. He screamed as he fell to the water.

Quincy stared for a minute, beofre saying to Rick, "You alright?"

Tag: Lucki, Kiskoulou, EVERYONE!

Description of the Machine

The head, minus the third eye: http://subposerforum.free.fr/perso/savant_fou/wip_07.jpg

The body: http://incolor.inetnebr.com/legato/Art%20Scans/Steampunk%20Mech%20Final%201.0.jpg

NOTE: Not my artwork, by the best I can find on such short notice. The head is large, and when attached to the body, looks like a gorilla (hunched over)

4. Lucki

Lucki Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 30, 2006
    OC: YIPPEEE I'M SAVED. I hope you had a nice srping break, we understand.

IC: Duchess Maggie Brenners
    Maggie grimaced in pain as Anderson pressed the bandage to her wound. She would not cry she scolded herself. She gritted her teeth, that is when she heard some of the goings on from upstairs. Jesus God she hoped the others were alright. She had not prayed in many years but she did so now as she lay in a bed in the dark with a man she barely knew trying to keep her alive, she prayed for everyone on board.

TAG: Peng, Anyone,

5. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    James Traber

James was actually beginning to have fun. These occultists were a swarming bunch. They relied on numbers rather than tactics. They relied on sheer size over any fighting ability. This would work well on land, but at sea they were limited in the ability to get on deck.

So James would catch a scimitar or sword or whatever blunt weapon the enemy was using this time, it didn't matter, he would hold it with his hook as he shot the fool in the head. Sure, there were hairy times here and there when he was reloading, but all in all the corpses were beginning to accumulate in the areas of the deck he was fighting.

He had ignored the flying machines. They didn't interest him. He was in no position to destroy the thing, and he had bigger issues to deal with in the people coming up the side of the ship. No, what brought him out of his enjoyment, out of the thrill of the battle, was the sudden absence of the occult members. He ran to the side of the ship, only to see that no one was climbing up anymore. In fact, it seemed they were gone completely. The came the thud and the shaking of the boat.

James quickly turned around to be greeted by the back of a giant steam powered monster. "Oh, bloody'ell." he stated as one of the men on his side began firing aimlessly at the beast. Deciding it best to stay out of the beast's way for the moment, James studied it as the man gave up firing and charged. Wut a bloody fool. he thought to himself as his suspicions were confirmed by the beast grabbing the man. Luckily for him, though, the organizer of the trip was there to save him with a few well placed shots. The beast didn't much like this as it swung at the people fighting it from the front. It missed them, though, and instead killed one of the few remaining sword wielding occultists.

That's when James saw them on the back. Eight tubes, obviously used for channeling and harnessing the steam for the machine. They wouldn't be metal. They couldn't be. Ducking beind a wooden crate, James quickly reloaded his pistol. Coming out from behind his cover he took aim at the closest tube. And started firing. If they connected, he hoped he could incapacitate at least one function of this behemoth.

TAG: Penguin for the machine

~*!~-~DOCTOR BEAR~-~!*~

6. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    The Machine

Bullets whizz and hit the Machine. One flies through a tube, on it's back, and it falters for a moment. Reaction time has been slowed, and the pilot, sitting comfortably on a nearby island, swears in frustration.

First the third eye, now speed. The eye was acceptable, it merely allowed for alternate vision modes. But that tube, it was connected to vital bits of machinery.

Tag: Any

7. kiskolou

Mar 23, 2005
    Rick whatson

Rick sighed in relief."Oh my god thank you quincy!". He was still a little dazed but managed to stand up. This beast is tough, he thought, but then he saw a fellow crew member shoot off a tube on the back."OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!" he accidentally said out loud. Rick ran behind the machne (which was not worrying about him) and tryed to cut a tube. The monster swung around and attempted to grab him again,but rick parreyed this time with his scemitar.The force of the blow knocked rick off his feet though, and rick crashed into a barell.
    "I guess i'm just gonna have to do this the boring way", rick sighed as he took out his pistols.

8. kiskolou

Mar 23, 2005
    OOC:I made a lot of spelling mistakes there.Sorry!

9. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    OOC: Layout is your friend and mine.

10. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    James Traber, behind the machine

James saw the tube blast open under his fire. He'd used up a full round, but he had plenty of ammo. He had made sure of that. He had, after all, envisioned himself possibly fighting off the whole boat in order to claim the gold. He was unsure of how that idea would go now with the inclusion of this cult in the mix. He may just have to find other ways of making off with whatever treasure they find. The most important thing, however, was staying alive.

Taking a moment to see what the loss of that particular tube did to the machine, James noticed immediately a slowdown in the beasts movements. This helped the idiot who had been grabbed as he ran behind the machine and began to climb its back. The machine still tried to grab him and the man ended up flying into some barrels on the deck. The bugger ain't no genus, is'e? James asked himself as he shook his head.

Ducking behind his cover, James quickly reloaded once more. The machine was still distracted by the people in front of it and now wondering where the idiot was. This was a perfect opportunity to fire at a new tube. Taking aim, James fired once more, this time being more precise with his shots. He was in a rythm now, the machine's vitals weren't moving as much, and so he only used half his round. Hopefully, though, he'd knock off another function.

TAG: Penguin, kiskolou, anyone else fighting on the deck

~*!~-~DOCTOR BEAR~-~!*~

11. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    The Machine

Bullets hit another tube. Nothing happened.

Slowly but surely, the Machine heaved itself about to face it's assailant. A man covered in blood. Far away, the pilot frowned. His minions, killed without thought or hesitation. Damn these infidels!

The Machine lurched towards the man, Traber. It swung it's left arm up high, ready to smash it down and pound the man into a bloody pulp.

Tag: Traber

12. kiskolou

Mar 23, 2005
    Rick saw The huge Robot swing his hand up,to crush traber."MOVE!" he screamed,as he shot at the beast's hands.Luckily one bullet hit the hand about to pummel,and shot off two fingers.
    The monster moved it's hand in reaction,missing traber."Whew",sighed rick.

13. kiskolou

Mar 23, 2005
    uh...hello?HElloooo...!

14. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    OOC: It seems people only post if there has been something that advances the plot a ways... More tomorrow, including the Machine's demise and landing on the island...

15. kiskolou

Mar 23, 2005
    alright!

16. kiskolou

Mar 23, 2005
    uhhh....ya.where's the post?

17. kiskolou

Mar 23, 2005
    What happened?NOOOO!Why?

18. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    OOC: Darth Real-Life has intervened. Sorry.

GM POST

As Whatson charged the ship, a massive bolt of energy smashed into the Machine. It arced to the deck, where it promptly dissapated, but the arcs that hit the Machine were far more dangerous. The energy glowed with a green light, and arced from point to point on the Machine.

Sparks flew, and the machine's pistons blew, spewing oil everywhere. It was zapped into ash as energy hit it. Whatson, too close to the machine, was struck by a faint arc. It burned across his shoulder, sending him flying. He fell to the deck, alive, but with a sore shoulder.

Quincy flinched as the Machine exploded in a green cloud.

And with that, the fog at the ship's bow cleared, almost like a path. The Island...they were there.

Tag: All

19. kiskolou

Mar 23, 2005
    I don't have internet right now so could someone control my character until further notice?
    Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.