main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards & Contests The Summer 2011 RPF Awards! Results Announced! Please Come Congratulate all the Winners!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Penguinator, May 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Summer 2011 Role Playing Forum Awards

Welcome to the Summer 2011 RPF Awards!

Please be sure to review the entire post (even if you?ve done this before) to ensure that everything runs as smoothly as possible.

Purpose of the Awards
    Our role playing forums are very special ? unique in their quality and community. We come here to play, but also to work. It?s not easy to build a successful game or navigate through the galaxy with a character. It?s especially challenging now, with three distinct forums dedicated to different aspects of role playing. Many of you dedicate significant amounts of your free time to make this place the best it can be.

These awards have been established in recognition of the extraordinary efforts of you ? our users. The VIPships and publicity awarded to winners are meant to serve as both a reward for a job well done and a way to increase visibility. It is hoped that others will learn from their example, and that they will continue to serve as leaders of these role playing forums.

How it works
    Awards are held ever six months.

The four categories for awards are:

Best GM
    Best Roleplayer
    Best RPG
    (Star Wars and Non-Star Wars)
    Best New RPG (Star Wars and Non-Star Wars)

New RPGs are defined as any active game less than three (3) months old and have over 50 posts at the time of nomination (once a game crosses the 50 post threshold, it may be nominated so long as the window to do so is still open). RPGs must be active (no locked threads may be nominated).

Voting will consist of two rounds:

[b]Round 1:[/b]
    [ul][li]Lasts for five (5) days[/li]
    [li]A time to nominate any active RPG or player[/li]
    [li]Once a thread/player has been nominated once, please refrain from nominating them again (one nomination is sufficient to save a spot on the ballot)[/li]
    [li]Users may [i]not[/i] nominate themselves for awards[/li]
    [li]All users may make a total of two (2) nominations per category[/li][/ul]
    Any RPG that wins an award becomes ineligible for next season's awards, to ensure fairness and variety. Any players who win awards will be ineligible until the next year.

[b]Round 2[/b]
    [ul][li]Begins immediately after the results of Round 1 are posted[/li]
    [li]A list of all the nominees will be compiled for members to pursue[/li]
    [li]You then have seven (7) days to [b]PM[/b] your votes from the choices to the host[/li]
    [li]Users have the option of voting for up to three (3) people in the Best RPer and best GM categories, and up to two (2) games in the Games categories[/li][/ul]

[color=red][b]***Campaigning (ie, soliciting votes and/or nominations) at any time during the awards, in any thread, in any forum, is absolutely not allowed!***[/b][/color]

[hr]
    [b]The winners will be announced at the end of Round 2.[/b]

[hr]
    [color=darkturquoise][b]Prizes[/b][/color]
    As always, the part you've all been waiting for.

The winning [b]GMs[/b] and [b]Roleplayers[/b] will each be awarded VIPship (with the ability to choose custom colors) for one week. In addition, they will earn a place in the "RPF Hall of Fame" in the Community Centre. The winning [b]RPGs[/b] will receive a special place in the introductory sticky thread, as well as the right to the title of "Best RPG," until the next season's winners are announced. Moderators are allowed to win Awards, but their prize will be limited to recognition alone. When a moderator places in the Best GM/RPer category, the top three contenders will be recognized, with the two non-mods getting colors. Two non-moderator users are guaranteed colors for every awards season.

[hr]
    [color=darkturquoise][b]The "RPF Stars" Awards[/b][/color]

Winners of the RPF Stars Awards will not receive titles or colors, but they are encouraged to place their titles in their sig or bio. The idea behind these awards is to provide recognition for exemplary members of our community who stand out in interesting and innovative ways.

The RPF Stars Awards w

2. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    hmm... will have to think about this a little bit. glad to see it's on a bi-annual deal now. makes more sense.

3. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    No limits to nominations make choosing actually extremely difficult. Aftera long thought I think the below is what I can life with.

Best GM:
    1. Sarge221 - The GM of not one but three games is great in anything. Characters, atmosphere, plot and reliability. For DoM alone he would deserve this, but with a great entry in ToR and 5 BBY AND the design of what looks to me like THE zombie-game for our boards . . . I had to nominate him.
    2. Sinrebirth - For making one entertaining game after another since I joined the boards, for a game HE made. Oh yeah and if a current example is needed: Read KotoLR

Best RPer:
    1. Jedi_padawan_leigh - Taylor, Narr, even her work in SotS - she never failed to impress me with spot on characterization. A much overlooked talent around here.
    2. TheMaxPayne - For Max Payne. The first person writing from Max Payne´s perspective are perfect. They capture the mood and feeling of the character and make me wanna read more. The Secret is we all just play there to read him post . . . so even knowing his channces are close to zero, if I wanted to be truthful, I had to nominate him.

Best Star Wars RPG:
    1. The Depth of Madness - while being a slow moving game it is also an excellent one. The atmosphere is great, the plot is intruiging and unique and I think we did not have such fine games very often. So an obvious choice of a nominee.
    2. Knights of the Last Republic - I greatly enjoy the game and although it might be a case for the "New Game" section I only got two spots there. Despite that, the plot is pretty much rolling now and it looks intruiging. So I decided to put it up here.

Best Non-Star Wars RPG:
    1. Tides of Flames - The long lasting D&D game is quite an achievment even if it wasn´t as awesome than it is. I sometimes lurk into it just to get that old D&D feeling again and it never failed to entertain me.
    2. Max Payne III - Well, this game is probably not so well known. It is small passion project of Sir_Draco and LordT who posts there under the proxy-name TheMaxPayne. It is excellently written and a prime example of transporting the atmosphere of a franchise into a post-by-post game.

Best New Star Wars RPG:
    1. The Old Republic: Rennaisance - No surprise here. It is to young to stand up there with the Best SW games, but if it had a month more or so I might very well have put it up there. It is an amazing start it took and it´s been quite some time since a game rocked my RPing live like that. For all this promise, a no-brainer.
    2. Lea Monde II - Winged´s sequel to the highly entertaining Lea Monde is bursting with great characters, enjoyable updates, mystery and a unique take on Star Wars.

Best New Non-Star Wars RPG:
    1. -
    2. -

YOU MAY ONLY MAKE ONE NOMINATION PER CATEGORY IN THIS SECTION

RPF Stars Awards
    1. Most Entertaining GM: WingedJedi - This is so hard I barely dared to choose. Winged it was, because I love to lurk his updates, despite me not playing. I gave him the favour over the many excellent GMs I play under to avoid the feeling of being biased.
    2. Most Educational GM: -
    3. Best Game Design: TheGoodImperial for ToRR
    4. Best Character Design: MyrialofKanz - Three posts into her character this newbie is already playing one of the creepiest characters I ever had the joy to be in a game with.
    5. Best Opening / Most Potential At Opening: ToRR
    6. Most Improved RPer: SirakRomar for becoming a GM and keeping the high quality she is so treasured for.
    7. Most Helpful Person in the RPR: Xany
    8. Most Social User: Sarge
    9. Most Likely to Annoy the Mods: dunno
    10. Most Disgruntled Oldbie: Lightwarden hasn´t posted in a while, LordT is gone. Hm . . . peace!
    11. Best Single Post* (include link): I´ll add this one later. Six month is hell of a lot of posts, really.

4. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    I am actually going to endeavor to do this right this time so as not to mess up Peng's Excel spreadsheet. :D Speaking of which, though I know it's nice to put in comments so people know why you're nominating someone, would you prefer we not so it's an easier translation into the spreadsheet?

5. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    I do not spreadsheet; I do it manually with a drink close at hand. :cool:

And I don't mind reasons for nominations in the least.

6. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Wonder who it was that did it via spreadsheet. Maybe I?m making things up again. Considering this the roleplaying forum, I think I obviously have a talent for that. ;) A few blanks here, but I?ve never really been able to bring myself to do 9 and 10 just because it seems like everyone is generally cordial and nice, but I?m sure I?m not looking below the surface enough. :D

Best GM:
    1. Sarge221 ? Though 5 BBY tailed off, Sarge was still committed to timely, quality updates that I frankly feel makes him deserving of a nod
    2. TheGoodImperial ?Anyone with the ambition to put together something as ambitious as Renaissance right out of the gate deserves recognition.

Best RPer:
    1. JEDIGUNSHIP ? The consistently intricate posts that he has done blow my mind.
    2. Dubya_Scott ? His homages to Slap Shot have made me so, so happy

Best Star Wars RPG:
    1. Star Wars: Intervention
    2. **Forces** - Honestly on these two I?m going the Susan Lucci strategy: they?ve been around so long that they deserve to be considered as some of the best. Maybe they?ll be bridesmaids, but darn it they ought to be in the conversation.

Best Non-Star Wars RPG:
    1. Mass Effect ? Ashen ? Mass Effect? It must be nommed!

Best New Star Wars RPG:
    1. Knights of the Last Republic ? Twilight of the Gods ? I really, really liked the way that this was approached with a limited cast of set roles. This is an intelligently thought out endeavor.
    2. The Old Republic ? Renaissance ? A classic period, the ability to work in familiar favorites, and an epic scale makes for a great RPG.

1. Mass Effect ? Ashen ? I believe this is new enough to qualify, in which case it should be nominated.

RPF Stars Awards
    1. Most Entertaining GM: Sarge221 ? I just out and out enjoyed his style in 5 BBY.
    2. Most Educational GM:
    3. Best Game Design: Knights of the Last Republic ? Twilight of the Gods ? The very structured way that this was approached immediately reeked of quality to me.
    4. Best Character Design: Risca_Skywalker ? When you have the guts to make an entire team of Limmie playing Mandalorians to try and not only encapsulate how absolutely insane that entire culture is about Limmie?and THEN you throw in Clone Troopers?well, I think that?s ambitious and awesome all at once.
    5. Best Opening / Most Potential At Opening: Knights of the Last Republic ? Twilight of the Gods ? Though I didn?t have time to play it, I looked at this opening post and said, ?This is awesome.?
    6. Most Improved RPer:
    7. Most Helpful Person in the RPR: Winged_Jedi
    8. Most Social User: darthramza
    9. Most Likely to Annoy the Mods:
    10. Most Disgruntled Oldbie:
    11. Best Single Post* (include link): http://boards.theforce.net/role_playing_forum/b10328/30964330/p19/ JEDIGUNSHIP, 5/7 8:01 PM, the escape and rescue of the Coruscant Senators Limmie team ? The painstaking detail with which this was thought through thoroughly impressed me and made for one of the most dramatic moments in five seasons of this game

7. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    That would be me. And, yes, I would get crabby if people screwed up the formatting and made me do more than copypaste. So I suppose you lot should be glad Peng's doing it this time. :D

8. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    But you mess it up and it's gone! Like that! :p

9. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    Actually this ear I was in two games and read along five more . . . I feel confident I can actually vote! My nominees are . . .

Best GM:
    1. DarkLordoftheFins - SotS still fall under this period, does it? at least it´s end lay after the last awards. So this one can´t get enough praise. Taking over Mass Effect and even enhancing it, while keeping it alive was an even greater thing for me.
    2. TheGoodImperial - ToRR is not only an excellent concept that enjoy prettys good popularity, but you feel we got a new blood here who knows what he is doing and it is fun to read. Actually one of the most "down-to-earth" yet epic game openings I ever read. Slow burn and working has rarely been done.

Best RPer:
    1. DarkLordoftheFins - Again. As a GM he gets a lot of praise, but man oversee he is a player by heart. And one of our best. I wouldn´t have nommed him twice, if I did not feel I had to if I wanted to stay honest.
    2. MitthFisto - I take coffee breaks to read his posts. He takes challening characters and makes them work. Great fun to read and I requestd to be added to his storyline . . . which is probably something he won´t enjoy. :p

Best Star Wars RPG:
    1. ToRR
    2. *Forces*

Best Non-Star Wars RPG:
    1. Mass Effect - Ashen

Best New Star Wars RPG:
    1. ToRR
    2. Lea Monde 2

1. N/A Do we have any?

RPF Stars Awards
    1. Most Entertaining GM: DarkLordoftheFins
    2. Most Educational GM: DarkLordoftheFins
    3. Best Game Design: TheGoodImperial - The Old Republic: Rennaisance
    4. Best Character Design: darthRamza for ToRR´s Davon Viet (love that guy)
    5. Best Opening / Most Potential At Opening: The Old Republic: Rennaisance
    6. Most Improved RPer: -
    7. Most Helpful Person in the RPR: DarkLordoftheFins - for his constant work in the GDG
    8. Most Social User: -
    9. Most Likely to Annoy the Mods: -
    10. Most Disgruntled Oldbie: -
    11. Best Single Post* (include link): DarkLordoftheFins Date Posted: 4/13 6:39am Subject: Knights of the Last Republic ? Twilight of the Gods as Admiral Calek Pest. I don´t knw wh, but I read it three times, because I liked it so much.

10. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    I'm going to mess with Peng's drinking game :D and only submit a partial OM NOM NOMination :D

These nominations are purely arbitrary. I demand at least six more spots. Come on, where are my six additional spots? Huh? Huh? :D

Best RPer:
    1. darthramza, because, by Gygax's Inkstained Wrist, I have never seen a character break the fourth wall, keep up stream of consciousness posting for what feels like eighteen straight months, and not once get stale. Evelios D'Rtan is one of my most memorable D&D characters ever and he's completely nuts.
    2. Rilwen_Shadowflame. I never played with this person before and I really, really, regret it after seeing how she :D rolls. I admit I initially had misgivings over a drow coming into a D&D game, fearing a Drizzt Do'Urden clone ... only to find Mazarun Zothyrr refreshingly different for a drow, thought out in a lovely way, and with so many interesting little character quirks that kept me interested. You have to love a drow who likes kittens. :D :D

11. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003

Best GM:
    1. Trieste- for running one of the very few sports-based RPGs ever seen here, and doing so with unquenchable enthusiasm and no little skill.
    2. Bravo- Intervention is just about to hit 1,500 posts. What's more, it has its own social thread. Huge credit must go to the man at the top.

Best RPer:
    1. BobaMatt- for posts like the one that he just made in LMII. More generally, his posts are eloquent, insightful and concise. He also has a great eye for detail, which IMO is the hallmark of a great RPer.
    2. TheGoodImperial- I haven't seen much of him yet, but from what I have seen...this guy is the real deal. Brings real depth to his characters.

RPF Stars Awards

3. Best Game Design: Sinrebirth (for taking on the challenge of incorporating fate into his game, and doing it in a more refined way than I ever did)
    4. Best Character Design: Trimaj/Sinrebirth for the Malreaux brothers
    6. Most Improved RPer: I echo Fins in nominating SirakRomar, for making the step up to GMing (and large-scale GMing!) with apparent ease

12. cassie5squared

cassie5squared Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 8, 2010
    Ooh. This should be interesting! I've never done these before...

Nomination Ballot

Best GM:
    1. Saintheart.
    Best RPer:
    1. darthramza. I've rarely laughed so hard, so consistently, at the posts I've seen of his, whilst still admiring his ability to make fourth-wall-breaking so in-character.
    2. Rilwen_Shadowflame. Playing a drow that averts using too many stereotypes would be a struggle for some people, but she makes it look so easy, and the results are a very compellingly written character.

Best Star Wars RPG:

Best Non-Star Wars RPG:
    1. Tide of Flames. It's been the first forum-based RP that's ever held my attention for more than a month, and certainly the first I've enjoyed to this degree.

Best New Star Wars RPG:

RPF Stars Awards
    1. Most Entertaining GM: Saintheart.
    2. Most Educational GM: Saintheart.
    3. Best Game Design:
    4. Best Character Design: darthramza for his utterly insane Evelios D'Rtan.
    5. Best Opening / Most Potential At Opening:
    6. Most Improved RPer:
    7. Most Helpful Person in the RPR:
    8. Most Social User:
    11. Best Single Post* (include link):

13. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Best GM:
    1. Already nominated
    2. Already nominated

Best RPer:
    1. Helljumper1178 (Kudos to the new talent)
    2. Liam_Vehn (A Master of the craft!)

Best Star Wars RPG:
    1. Already nominated
    2. Already nominated

Best Non-Star Wars RPG:
    1. Tide of Flames

Best New Star Wars RPG:
    1. You're 25 posts short atm. :( (Times End)

RPF Stars Awards
    1. Most Entertaining GM:Trieste
    2. Most Educational GM: Bravo
    3. Best Game Design: The Shadow War-Times End 
    4. Best Character Design: Mad Feav (Helljumpre1178)
    5. Best Opening / Most Potential At Opening:The Shadow War-Times End
    6. Most Improved RPer:
    7. Most Helpful Person in the RPR: DarthXan318
    8. Most Social User: Sarge221 ( it's true )
    11. Best Single Post* (include link):Qui-Gon_jinn_Ghost (Bravo)-Date Posted: 5/16 8:14pm Subject: STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)---Always taking new players! Bravo's post as King Alex "The Just" is a very powerful post on many levels. Very Spiritual and very Star Wars, all at the sametime, imo. Kudos.

Best wishes to all nominees. [face_peace]

14. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Some of these are bound to be duplicates, but whatever, I'm a lazy, lazy man.

Best GM:
    1. Saintheart - So up until I joined TORR I was only in ToF for quite a while. You will see this reflected in my noms. :p
    2. Sarge221 - Seriously, have you read DoM or 5 BBY? I shouldn't even need to justify this.

Best RPer:
    1. BobaMatt - Matt's done really well transitioning from what, IMO, seemed like a predominantly GM track to a predominantly RP track
    2. DarkLordoftheFins - Fins does good stuff, whether he's RPing or GMing, but lately he predominantly RPs. So there you go.

Best Star Wars RPG:
    1. DoM - DoM is love.
    2. Elite League Limmie - C'mon, it's a freaking sports game set in the Star Wars universe. That's some original stuff.

Best Non-Star Wars RPG:
    1. ToF - Duh.
    2. Mass Effect - I'm Commander Shepard and this is my second favorite game in the NSWRPF

Best New Star Wars RPG:
    1. TORR - I'm in it. Therefore, Noms. Let it not be said that I have any shame.
    2. Lea Monde II - I'm getting sick of explaining these. Read the damn game, you lazy [DELETED].

1. Mass Effect
    2. ... I don't think anything else is eligible

RPF Stars Awards
    1. Most Entertaining GM: Saintheart - THE REALMS ARE ALIVE~ SOMETHING ABOUT DESCRIPTIONS THAT RHYMES WITH MUSIC~
    2. Most Educational GM: Winged_Jedi - Watching Winged GM is arguably the best way to learn how to GM.
    3. Best Game Design: Sinrebirth - Have you looked at the KotLR opening post?
    4. Best Character Design: Sinrebirth/Trimaj - Really innovative concept. Also ****ING RASPUTIN.
    5. Best Opening / Most Potential At Opening: TORR - A practically blank canvas that adheres to canon and appears to have some sort of overarching plot? Could I not nom it?
    6. Most Improved RPer: I dislike awarding this one, it seems... I dunno, passive aggressive. So I won't.
    7. Most Helpful Person in the RPR: Fins - I think the number of people that regularly post in the RPR can be counted on one hand, but Fins provides feedback on every game in the GDG. That's impressive.
    8. Most Sarge221 User: Sarge221 - I'm proposing we change the award name
    9. Most Likely to Annoy the Mods: Bravo
    10. Most Disgruntled Oldbie: darthramza - Okay, I'm more like an RPF midbie, but I'm pretty ****ing disgruntled. :p
    11. Best Single Post* (include link): I might pick one later, but right now I couldn't tell you.

15. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Best GM:
    1. Trieste
    2. Winged_Jedi

Best RPer:
    1. Sith-I-5
    2. Mitth_Fisto

Best Star Wars RPG:
    1. Elite League Limmie [A Sports-based RPG, New Players Welcome]

Best Non-Star Wars RPG:

Best New Star Wars RPG:
    1. The Old Republic - Renaissance
    2. Leá Monde II: The Phantom Pain

RPF Stars Awards
    1. Most Entertaining GM:
    2. Most Educational GM:
    3. Best Game Design:
    4. Best Character Design: Sith-I-5 (Yavscout in Intervention)
    5. Best Opening / Most Potential At Opening: Leá Monde II: The Phantom Pain
    6. Most Improved RPer: Liam_Vehn
    7. Most Helpful Person in the RPR:
    8. Most Social User: Sarge221
    11. Best Single Post* (include link): Sith-I-5 (Posted in Intervention; Date Posted: 2/27 3:22pm

16. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    NB: A lot of my nom's have been done already, so I really can't add much more then a lot of 'hell yeah's for the choices thus far, and so much blushing for the very kind comments by everyone. You guys are great. :)

Best GM:
    1. Already nominated.
    2. Already nominated.

Best RPer:
    1. Trimaj - I love Loriana, and I love Avidan. You might not believe it, but he taught me to roleplay. He constantly challenges perceptions with every post, especially in KotoLR and I'm still not as good a RPer as him!
    2. CPL_Macja - I have seen CPL in the background of a lot of games, but I am constantly impressed by the detail and expression behind his posts. He deserves to be noticed.

Best Star Wars RPG:
    1. Already nominated.
    2. Already nominated.

Best Non-Star Wars RPG:
    1. Already nominated.
    2. Already nominated.

Best New Star Wars RPG:
    1. Already nominated.
    2. Already nominated.

1. -
    2. -

RPF Stars Awards
    1. Most Entertaining GM: WingedJedi. Always. To the end of time.
    2. Most Educational GM: -
    3. Best Game Design: -
    4. Best Character Design: DarkLordoftheFins - Admiral Pest. That is one detailed character, which did a lot for the game.
    5. Best Opening / Most Potential At Opening: -
    6. Most Improved RPer: Too many decisions to make... pass?
    7. Most Helpful Person in the RPR: Xan the Xan.
    8. Most Social User: Sarge deserves this every year.
    10. Most Disgruntled Oldbie: Peng. Definitely. :p
    11. Best Single Post* (include link): Trimaj - the image of a noble getting infuriated with his very spine is so perfectly IC!
    http://boards.theforce.net/role_playing_forum/b10328/31694335/p2

17. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    think i'll just stay silent.

Nomination Ballot

Best GM:
    1. winged (have you EVER watched him GM? seriously. he's worth reading even if you aren't in his games)
    2. sinre (one of the great GMs on here, really his only problems in this realm have been not having the time to do it as much as he'd like)

Best RPer:
    1. mitth_fisto (it's already been explained really, but he's playing a vong shaper. and he's doing it well. 'nough said.)
    2. cpl_macja (never really RPed with him before, but i have to say i'm impressed. definitely deserves some recognition)

RPF Stars Awards
    1. Most Entertaining GM: winged (always, forever, until the end of time)
    2. Most Educational GM: wined (pretty much every game i've ever been in with him is a clinic of how to GM. if you want to learn how to GM you could do far worse than to watch and talk to him)
    3. Best Game Design: knights of the last republic (sinre sent me the opening to that before he posted it just to read over and check up on it. i wanted in immediately. he is almost single-handedly responsible for bringing me back to the RPF with that game. not only that but he inspired me to come up with four different characters so he could put me where he wanted me to. think that says enough.)
    4. Best Character Design: Jediteegirloo (have you seen her character in lea monde II? go take a look. you'll see what i mean.)
    5. Best Opening / Most Potential At Opening:KOTOLR (already explained this)
    6. Most Improved RPer: not answering this. seems condescending.
    7. Most Helpful Person in the RPR: i'd have to lean xani on this one.
    8. Most Social User: sarge (who else would you put here?)
    9. Most Likely to Annoy the Mods: no one anymore
    10. Most Disgruntled Oldbie: peng
    11. Best Single Post* (include link): might put something here later. have to think about this.

18. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007

Best GM:
    1. TheGoodImperial - so many good GMs are out there right now. but hell, he made such an impressive intro to ToRR. He keps this game together, is his soul and the driving power between all those intervening plots. He deserves this so much I put him here and I am very proud to be at his side in this.

Best RPer:
    1. Sinrebirth - As a GM praised, as a player overlooked. But in LM II and ToRR he makes spectecular posts. Cressa made politics interesting, again!
    2. DarkLordoftheFins - Another GM that get a lot of credits, but I agree that Fin often does his best work as a player. Zariz is just sexy! Pest and Haru Mura are unique takes on characters that could so very, very easy be just . . . clichées.

Best Star Wars RPG:
    1. ToRR - I think a hundred posts in it is enough to put it up here. not for the GMing or design, we got special categories for it. But look at the characters! Look at what everybody makes out of it. The players deserve the nomination for me.
    2. Lea Monde II - just because I cannot stop lurking. Again Winged is brilliant, but the characters make this game a blast. Together it is for me one of my favourite games around.

Best Non-Star Wars RPG:
    1. Mass Effect - Ashen - Just because Dead Space meets Mass Effect with some Terminator and a great bunch of players thrown into the mix makes this awesome!
    2. -

Best New Star Wars RPG:
    1. ToRR
    2. Lea Monde II - I could not nominate new games for best game and not for best new game, could I?

1. -
    2. -

RPF Stars Awards
    1. Most Entertaining GM: Winged - for making another great game to lurk.
    2. Most Educational GM: DarkLordoftheFins - for his work in the GDG
    3. Best Game Design: TheGoodImperial - ToRR
    4. Best Character Design: DarkLordoftheFins equally for Haru Mura and Admiral Calek Pest
    5. Best Opening / Most Potential At Opening: - I could not decide on this one. And i did not wanted to favour a game I GM myself. So I will leeave this one open. so many games, so much potential.
    6. Most Improved RPer: TheGoodImperial - For making the jump from occasional player to GM.
    7. Most Helpful Person in the RPR: DarkLordoftheFins - For the GDG work and his background help to ME and ToRR for which he never took any credit. he never turns anybody down asking for help.
    8. Most Social User: DarkLordoftheFins SURPRISE! I send a candidate against Sarge! I do! Although it is out of principle. No serious, Fin brought a lot of newbies to games, he made them feel welcome and that is something that deserves the nomination.
    9. Most Likely to Annoy the Mods: SirakRomar - I could imagine that would have been me in the past six month.
    10. Most Disgruntled Oldbie: -
    11. Best Single Post* (include link): TheSithGirly and DarkLordoftheFins intro post for ToRR. It was so sexy, I got jealous. I can´t post links right now. Hope this counts anyway.

19. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Best GM:
    1. Trieste- Elite League Limmie all the way!
    2. Bravo- The dedication and thought that went into Intervention through its many ups and downs would never have been possible without his leadership.

Best RPer:
    1. JediGunship- Guy amazes me all the time with his great posts full of humor, drama, and a wonderful edge that is often missing in the Star Wars universe.
    2. GreyJedi125- Passion, dedication, and quality, three things that are intangibles for this guy.

Best Star Wars RPG:
    1. Elite League Limmie- Sports, and an all human cast, what more could you want?
    2. Intervention- Great story, great people, great fun.

Best New Star Wars RPG:
    1. The Old Republic-Renaissance- Great time period and an even stronger story.
    2. Lea Monde II-Amazing opener followed up by a unique perspective.

RPF Stars Awards
    1. Most Entertaining GM: Bravo
    2. Most Educational GM: Trieste
    3. Best Game Design: Bravo-Intervention
    4. Best Character Design: Ktala-Striker-5 BBY
    5. Best Opening / Most Potential At Opening: Sarge 221-5 BBY
    6. Most Improved RPer: Risca_Skywalker
    7. Most Helpful Person in the RPR: Bravo
    8. Most Social User: Sarge 221
    11. Best Single Post* (include link):Elite League Limmie, Dana Roslyn (Trieste), Bakura Miners

20. TheGoodImperial

TheGoodImperial Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2009
    So awards. i am not an expert for the last month around here by any means. But ToRR allowed me to come into contact with a lot of players. And while everybody made great posts, two users were incredible reads and have not yet been nominated. I hope it is okay to nominate only partially.

Best RPer:
    1. JediTEEgirlo - Both ToRR and Lea Monde are much richer games for her presence, I feel.

2. Jedi_padawan_leigh - Perfect character play in character at all times. Great writing.

21. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Not just the last month but the last five months. ;)

22. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    Everyone and everything I would have nominated has already been nominated. So, no need for me to re-post them.

Good luck to all.

23. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Yeah same for me too. Good luck everyone!

24. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    All my noms have been posted as well. Thank you to Trim and Sinre for the nods and kind words.

25. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    On Limited time this week, so putting preliminary nominations in case I cannot get back to this before Round One expires.

Best GM:
    1. Bravo , at this time the sheer amount of imagination, work, preparedness, heart, organisation, that goes into Star Wars: Intervention, and somehow, he rolls out afresh to greet each new player, make them feel welcome, gives them an engaging storyline all of their own so they can be integrated into the main plot.
    The homely atmosphere that he has generated for the Mercs, and in the environment aboard the Johnny Boy corvette. Sheer, sheer brilliance.
    2. Corellian Outrider , keeping Galaxy at War IV ticking over, and keeping each of the players engaged in a way they actually want to respond to.

Best RPer:
    1. DREAMSTAR
    2. Darth Dreadwar

Best Star Wars RPG:
    1. Star Wars: Intervention
    2. **Forces**

Best New Star Wars RPG:
    1. Star Wars...007 Series - Licence to Clone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.