main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Theater

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother Strikes Back' started by COSLeiaOrganaSolo, May 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    I'm trying to make it so I never have to leave the house.

[face_laugh]

My husband gave me a complete nerd set up in the office. My computer, tv/cable, XBox and vcr. Honestly, I'd never have to leave that room if it wasn't for this stupid "real life" thing.

2. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    So we rented The Believer and How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. Believer is awesome - based on the true story of a neo-nazi who's actually a Jew. Very, very intense but brilliantly acted.

10 Days was actually a surprisingly cute popcorn flick. Predictable but amusing and sweet.

3. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Okay, we watched Cowboy BeBop this weekend. William will be very happy to know that it rocked. The music was great, animation superb and the action sequences were amazing. That may be one I have to buy. :D

4. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    You watched the Cowboy Bebop movie? Pretty fun. ;) That movie grows on me the more I see it.

5. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Yes, we rented the movie. I thought it was great! The animation was just great. I was totally impressed by the action sequences - the martial arts really were animated well.

6. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I finally saw Bruce Almighty on Saturday night. I enjoyed it. Pretty funny movie, and it did have a good message. :)

I also saw How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days last night. Kate's right. It was predictable, but I liked it. It was cute.

I've never seen The Rock (with Sean Connery and Nicolas Cage), so I might watch that when I get home from school.

7. Leonard_Shelby

Leonard_Shelby Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 31, 2002
    I'm really intrigued to see this whole Cowboy Bebop thing-a-ma-bobber. I may just have to rent that soon... ;)

Welp, looks like Pirates of the Caribbean for me tonight! :D I'll let you all know how it is with my spoiler-ific review!! ;) :p

86% Fresh at RT.com. Not too shabby... :cool:

8. Leonard_Shelby

May 31, 2002
    Just got back from PotC. It rocks. I highly recommend it to all! :D :cool:

Keira Knightly = [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

She's friggin' gorgeous. And she's a Natalie Portman clone....only hotter... [face_mischief] [face_devil]

Oh...and she's a better actress as well... ;)

Johnny Depp in this flick = [face_laugh] & :cool:

He's friggin' awesome. One of my favorite actors by far!

Orlando Bloom aka Legolas was awesome too! As was Geoffrey Rush! :D

The Score...the Special Effects...the Story...the little Monkey...all of it...just great. I need to see it again! :D

I can't remember the last movie I saw at the theater--if at all--where I sat through almost the entire thing with a ****-eating grin spread across my face. This movie did that to me. I just couldn't stop smirking....brilliance! :D :p

GO SEE IT NOW, DAMMIT!!!! :mad:

//stops gushing//

:p

9. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    [face_laugh] Yeah, I do want to see this one. It looks like a lot of fun. And, well...Orlando Bloom...nuff said. ;)

10. B'omarr

Apr 7, 2000
    I'm captivated by Keira Nightly's teeth. Something about them is a bit sinister, yet strangely seductive. Like a vampire.

I can't believe Pirates is a Jerry Bruckheimer production though. I guess even monkey's with typewriter will eventually churn out Shakespeare ;)

Does this mean "Bad Boys II" will be rad? Probably not.

I bought new speakers for my home today. Sweet jelly biscuits they're huge. I'll be renting something to try them out tonight. Also there's a Tom Petty concert on PBS tonight I'll catch, and it's in HD! My HD is still pretty buggy, so hopefully I can keep a good signal.

11. B'omarr

Apr 7, 2000
    Crap. Oh no. I just read that Michael Bay is being considered as director for the Transformers movie. I think I may cry. He has to be the worst mainstream director in modern cinema.

12. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Okay, we saw The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen last night. I'd give it a "matinee" rating. It was a decent popcorn flick, but nothing I would pay full price for. The action sequences were cut too quickly so that you couldn't really make out what was going on.

The characters were interesting enough and the plot fairly decent, but nothing to rival The Hulk.

13. Leonard_Shelby

May 31, 2002
    I was really looking forward to checking-out "League"...but after seeing all of the scathing reviews and Kate's somewhat lackluster review...I'm very much apprehensive now. I may just check 'er out to "give it a chance". But seriously...I'd rather pay money to see a sure winner again...like PotC, T3, Nemo, or Hulk. ;)

Saw "28 Days Later" this Saturday. I really enjoyed it. It was pretty freaky without being "Over-the-top freaky". I need to see it again...

Also went to "PotC" for a second time. Man, I can't recommend this flick more. It really is great! :D

14. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Yeah...League is one of those you can wait to see at a matinee or dollar theater. It's okay, but nothing spectacular. I hope to see PotC this weekend.

We watched About Schmidt last night. Brilliant. Nicholson in probably one of his finest roles. It's really a beautiful story. Definitely one to watch.

15. Leonard_Shelby

May 31, 2002
    I've been wanting to see About Schmidt. I've heard good things. :)

There are many movies out for rent now that I'd love to see. Punch Drunk Love, Cowboy Bebop, Schmidt...and I'm sure there are a few others that I want to see...I just can't think of them right now...hmmm...I wonder why... ?[face_plain]

//chugs more Pabst//

16. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    We rented Punch Drunk Love but haven't watched it yet. And, yes, you need to rent Bebop. :D

17. Leonard_Shelby

May 31, 2002
    I know. You and John have been hyping the **** out of it. I need to see it to put my mind at ease... ;) :p

18. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    :D I'm all about the peer pressure. :p

19. Leonard_Shelby

May 31, 2002
    And I'm all about giving-in to it... :(

...Well...no...not really... ;) :p

....unless it's a beautiful woman doin' the peer pressuring...then I'm licked. Guess I'm screwed in this case, then... :(

[face_mischief]

20. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Scoundrel.

21. Leonard_Shelby

May 31, 2002
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life... [face_mischief]

22. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    I happen to like nice men!

23. Leonard_Shelby

May 31, 2002
    I'm a nice man... [face_mischief]

//kisses Kate//

[face_love]

24. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
  25. Leonard_Shelby

May 31, 2002
    By god...I love it when you do that...it makes you look so friggin' cute... :D [face_love] [face_mischief]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.