main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The TJ Whosyourmamma Fantasy Football Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by JediCouncilMember, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    20 touches a game... we're 2 weeks into the season... so here's a bunch of crappy players with 40 or more touches...

Thomas Jones. 38 rushes, 3 catches... 41 touches... is averaging only 2.9 yards a carry and has no touchdowns.

Willis McGahee has 45 rushes and is averaging less then 4 yards a carry. He has one touchdown.

Stephen Jackson has 43 touches(39 rushing, 4 receiving) and is barely averaging 3 yards a carry and has no TDs

Brandon Jackson has 40 touches(32 rushing, 8 receiving) and is averaging 2.3 yards a carry and has no touchdowns

Cedric Benson has 45 touches(43 rushing, 2 receiving) and is averaging only 3.3 yards a carry and has no touchdowns

you don't even want to see LT's stats this season.

All these guys are either sucking it up this year, or just suck period.(some of them are good players having bad years)

2. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I wouldn't worry about some of those guys. They'll eventually get theirs. LT and SJax didn't play in the preseason, so I think they're getting close to actual football readiness now. As for Brandon Jackson, he hasn't produced as hoped so the jury is still out. If V. Morencey gets healthy or D. Wynn steps out, Jackson could see his numbers drop. As for Benson and Jones, I think the Bears got rid of the wrong guy but that's just opinion. They're both gonna get their touches because there's nobody else to really step up. Their problem is they both play for stagnant offenses. Benson looked good last week, but it was against the Chiefs so it's not surprising. Most players look good against them, except of course Grossman. If you wanna talk a crappy player getting too many touches, Grossman is the top of the heap.

3. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    My point wasn't saying that they all suck... my point was that they've sucked thus far and are still putting up good fantasy points.

4. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    well crappy teams still have "workhorses". so there will be crappy players who get a lot of touches. it's not like every team has an all-pro running back. this isn't exactly rocket science.

5. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    I won this week :D my first win! with a poopy team too! [face_dancing]

6. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    My team is suffering from what always happens to me. I start a guy, he does nothing. I bench a guy, he scores or throws for three TDs.

7. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    I'll win as long as Roydell Williams doesn't put up 14+ fantasy points tonight. If he just plays like he has all season(4 REC, 72 YDS, 1 TD in two games) then I'll be fine. 2 receptions for 36 yards and a touchdown and I'll win. :D

8. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2005
    I drafted the wrong Patriot. **** you Belichick and your entire coaching staff. I'm gonna take a dump in a Maroney jersey, light it on fire, and put it on the doorstep of your Park Slope brownstone.

9. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    lol... you and me both Saro. Maroney's killing me. And it didn't help that my second running back got injured(Ahman Green) and gave me next to nothing in fantasy points. If it wasn't for a huge game by McNabb, I'd be losing horribly right now.

10. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2005
    What really pisses me off is my opponent, a Patriot fan, had Brady and Moss. Suffice to say, I was annihilated. If Maroney could've taken just one TD away from each of them...

11. Leonard_Shelby

Leonard_Shelby Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 31, 2002
    LMAO @ the team "TEHUBERZZZ!!!!!!111!"...who has five inactive players in their starting lineup today (three players with bye weeks, two that are not playing due to injury).

Wow.

What's the point of playing if you're not going to play? Perplexing.

12. SithLordKobe

SithLordKobe Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 31, 2007
    And even more perplexing is the fact he/she is winning this week, though that should change after MNF, since his/her opponent has Randy Moss.

13. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    cadillac goes down then westbrook doesn't play. not my week.

14. SithLordKobe

SithLordKobe Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 31, 2007
    Chargers lose again, which means I win...

again.

3-1, baby! [face_dancing]

I think I'm assured of the win anyways. My opponent has nobody left and I've still got Ocho Cinco on MNF.

15. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Cadillac going down is killing me in my pay league. I was using him to replace SJax because of his groin. At least with Cadillac, it looks like I'll be able to just drop him for a replacement, but that won't be easy. He was poised for a huge day just based on the few carries he had. It's a shame to see him go out on such a fluke hit.

16. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    I'm down 35 points...

I'm not even sure if Maroney is playing tonight or not, last I heard he was questionable. But he better have the game of his life... and he better score a couple 50 yard TD's... cuz that's the only way he's getting a touchdown apparently.

17. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    Ugh, I'm up by 51 with Watson and Houshmandzadeh still to play, but my opponent has Brady, Moss, Johnson, Graham, and the New England D still to play. How often are people up by 51 going into MNF and not at all confident that they are going to win?

18. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    So I gotta replace Cadillac tonight - who should I go with? Earnest Graham or Michael Pittman? Kevin Jones is actually still available in our league and he's finally coming back from injury too. There's some talk that Travis Henry and/or Joseph Addai could sit this week which would make Selvin Young and Kenton Keith great pickups. Unfortunately waiver night is tonight though, so I can't wait 'til Friday to find out if they practice.

19. JediCouncilMember

JediCouncilMember Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2003
    I picked up Young in my league last night when I saw the story about Henry and a possible suspension for drugs.

20. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    I remember so long ago after my draft, my starting RB corps was Steven Jackson, Travis Henry, and Cadillac Williams. I was so proud.

But now . . . :oops:

21. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    LT and Big Ben are killing me in fantasy this year. They're definitely not giving me the production that I had hoped for. :oops:

22. JediCouncilMember

JediCouncilMember Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2003
    Its been a strange year there have been tons of big names that either haven't produced yet or have gotten hurt.
    In the league I'm in we have 12 teams with 15 roster spots and I think I have only 7 players left that I drafted and I thought I had a pretty decent team after draft day. And I still have Bulger on my bench so he could be number 9 that I eventually have to unload. Luckily Randy Moss has been carring me and I'm 3-1, but I've won a couple games with pts in the 70's (usually you need about 90+ to even have a shot). I've been all over the waiver wire though and was able to trade for S. Holmes a few weeks ago, but it has still been a weird year.

23. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    lenny, looks like we have a pretty good matchup this week. my last minute addition of kenton keith is definitely paying off. you should have a pretty big lead after today, but i've still got romo going tomorrow so i think i have a shot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.