main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Truth Is Out There: The X-Files Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000

I'll never forget that red-haired, 9-foot tall, Shakespearean-speaking, large-clawed alien. :p

2. Darth_BADLungs_Vader

Darth_BADLungs_Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2006
    Hmmmmmmmmmmm[face_plain] I sense someone is loosing interest in The X-files after almost completing season 3[face_plain] Who know anyway where is FF? Did he ever finish or what.

3. Forcefire

Forcefire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 17, 2000
    Finished. Got really busy at work. Moved. Was without Internet. I'll finish, still loving the X-Files, but now is not that moment. Terribly sorry about the delay.

4. Darth_BADLungs_Vader

May 18, 2006
    [face_laugh] Oh dont be sorry mate. Just wondered if you were still around;)

5. Forcefire

Forcefire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 17, 2000
    Okay, I'm going to finally get around to those last four episodes. After this, it's hard to say when I'll start season four. Not that I think you guys are hanging on my every word or anything.

Avatar- Skinner's probably my favorite X-Files supporting character, so I was happy to get more insight on him. It's nice to have a reminder that Mulder and Scully's activities have an effect on other people in the Bureau as well.

The part of me that loves a good conspiracy story (I've said this before, I know) likes seeing the plot being manufactured by the shadowy "them," but I was ultimately a bit confused as to how it all fit together- if it all fit together.

Quagmire- This is an odd episode. The dog (Queequeg, apparently) makes an appearance outside of a Darin Morgan episode for once, ultimately leading to a breaking of he usual rule regarding pets. Maybe what happened to Queequeg was ultimately the best for the show, because I would from time to time wonder how she managed to take care of the dog while off investigating missile silos in North Dakota and so on.

There's something of a humor vibe to this one, particularly when the agents end up stranded on that rock a few feet from shore, having a conversation about the merits of having a peg leg, amongst other things. Odd, but amusing.

Wetwired- Boy, they really cranked the paranoia to 11 in this episode, didn't they? The plot is a strong one, particularly because it draws Scully into the mix so directly. It tends to be good for the drama when one agent is forced to hunt down the other, whether it's because they're in danger or maybe have gone out of control. Great to see Mulder talk Scully down, especially since he's always been the one given to more rash reactions, or mind altering drugs in his water supply.

Confession: for about four seconds after the first effect of people's perceptions being messed with, I wondered whether something was wrong with my DVD. It is a pretty good effect, though maybe less fitting in today's digital landscape, because I was getting tape impressions. Little matter anyway, the point got across, and that's the important part.

Then there's X, whose motivations continue to be enigmatic. Not really surprising, but it's nice to have another moment to throw on the intrigue of X stack.

Talitha Cumi- Well, this Jeremiah Smith character has me intrigued, that's for sure. Did a great job of defusing the crazy gunman situation, only to have it all get messed up by someone else, which is forever happening, at least in movies and television.

His scenes with Cigarette Smoking Man after being captured might have been the highlight of the episode, though this is perhaps helped by the return of Jerry Hardin doing a small appearance, and what that means for the backstory of the series, and Smoking Man in particular.

That Mulder's mom is more deeply involved in this whole crazy magilla is very interesting, and I wonder if that will go anywhere.

Not the worst cliffhanger I've come across in this series (that's probably season two's "Anasazi"), so I can stand holding off on purchasing season four for a while. I'll take a bit of a break, and I'm back on a college budget, so it's difficult to say how this'll all work out. I'll look forward to getting to watch more, because this season has been the best yet (and I know some say the best ever, so I'll be curious to compare). Good times.

6. Darth_BADLungs_Vader

May 18, 2006
    He he he:) Glad that you liked it and in my opinion the 4th is the best. Nice posts and CYA;)

7. Darth_BADLungs_Vader

May 18, 2006
    Breaths some life in to this thread[face_alien_1]

Finaly got the X-files movie after 6 months of waiting[face_frustrated] I wonder when Rouge will write the season 2 reviews he he. Any news on the the "up coming movie"?

8. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Avatar, Wetwired and Quagmire are all great.

I love Skinner too. His scene with Mulder about Vietnam was great. Trivia; middle name is Sergei. One and only time we're told that I think.

Wetwired is just pure paranoia and a straight line from Blood. They told Mulder they'd be back in that one and they are.

And Quagmire is great; I loved Mulder's reaction after he and Scully aim into the darkness to be confronted by . . . a duck: "I'm still tempted to fire."

And that ending is beautiful.

9. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Quagmire- This is an odd episode. The dog (Queequeg, apparently) makes an appearance outside of a Darin Morgan episode for once, ultimately leading to a breaking of he usual rule regarding pets. Maybe what happened to Queequeg was ultimately the best for the show, because I would from time to time wonder how she managed to take care of the dog while off investigating missile silos in North Dakota and so on.

bring it with them. it could be the X-Files equivalent of Chewie. :p

10. Darth_BADLungs_Vader

May 18, 2006
    Here are some old season 1-3 episode ratings of mine;) Max score 6!!

Pilot 5-
    Deep throat 5
    Squeeze 5+
    Conduit 5-
    The jersey devil 2+
    Shadows 4+
    Ghost in the machine 2
    Ice 6-
    Space 1+
    Fallen angel 5
    Eve 5-
    Fire 4
    Beyond the sea 6
    Gender bender 3+
    Lazarus 2+
    Young at heart 4-
    E.B.E 6-
    Mracle man 3
    Shapes 3
    Darkness falls 5-
    Tooms 5+
    Born again 2-
    Roland 1
    The erlenmeyer flask 6

Little green men 5
    The host 5+
    Blood 4+
    Sleepless 5+
    Duane Barry 5
    Ascension 5+
    3 2-
    One breath 6-
    Firewalker 2+
    Red museum 4+
    Excelsis dei 2+
    Aubrey 4
    Irresistible 5+
    Die hand die verletzt 5
    Fresh bones 3+
    Colony 6-
    End game 5+
    Fearfull symmetry 2+
    Død kalm 2
    Humbug 6-
    The calusari 3+
    F.Emasculata 5-
    Soft light 5+
    Our town 4
    Anasazi 6

The blessing way 5-
    Paper clip 6
    D.P.O 3
    Clyde Bruckmans final repose 6
    The list 3
    2shy 4+
    The walk 2
    Oubliette 4+
    Nisei 5-
    731 5+
    Revelations 4-
    War of the coprophages 6-
    Syzygy 4+
    Grotesque 5
    Piper maru 5+
    Apocrypha 6-
    Pusher 5
    Teso dos bichos 2+
    Hell money 3
    Jose Chungs from outer space 6-
    Quagmire 5
    Wetwired 5+
    Talitha cumi 5-

Il see if I can find the others next time I stop by:)

11. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    So here's a news flash that I just found out, did any of you know that Mark Snow does the soundtracking/music for Smallville? It's very eerie to suddenly hear very familiar chords in a different show, however, I'm finding that because I know/love Snow's work that it has only managed to help me fall head over heels for Smallville (a show I've pretty much just discovered.)

Anywhoo - I'd been recently wondering what Mark Snow was doing and am glad to know he's still gainfully employed :)

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
  13. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005

@};-

14. SarlaccsDinnerParty

SarlaccsDinnerParty Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2006

How sad:( Rest in peace[face_peace]

15. ZamWesell44

ZamWesell44 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2003
    RIP, one of the best episodes of the show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.