main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive The Ultimate Fantasy Community (A Flagship RPG - Open to All)

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by LightSide_Apprentice, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LightSide_Apprentice

LightSide_Apprentice Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 22, 2001
    TO THE READER: Regardless of anything else, regardless of what you see or hear, should you desire a part in this community, I urge you to send me a private message or post your interest here. Do not be afraid or hesitant to tell us what it is that you're seeking in an RPG, or role-playing community. You might be surprised to learn that we can offer you what you might desire, if not more.

[color=purple][i]Greetings, visitor. No doubt you have heard of the world and realm of Fantasy. I would like to extend my hand and offer the warmest welcome to you, as I ask you to take a step into that very world. But, it is not a single world that I ask you to join me in, but an entire series of realms and worlds that are limited by our imaginations alone.

Think of the great Fantasy tales from the epics you all know and love, from Willow and the Lord of the Rings, to Star Wars and the Princess Bride, from the Final Fantasy series and earth's history itself.

Consider for a moment all of these, combined with the Legends and Myths we all know, from the stories of King Arthur, and Hercules, to the Adventures of Sinbad and countless other tales. Then, when you think you have some grasp on the scale of this great Fantasy, add all that your own imagination can bring, and then add to that the products of the imagination of all your friends and fellow visitors who have also been extended a welcome to join you and I.

I ask you not merely to visit our world, but to help create and shape this world to call our own. I ask that we build new worlds entirely your own, and some that we can create and share together.

Will you join me?[/i][/color]

[hr]

[color=red]I cannot stress or over emphasise the open nature of this experience. What I hope to offer you is not merely a game, but an entire community and an experience that you may never see elsewhere. Know that you will be welcome to join us at any time, regardless of age or knowledge or role-playing experience. The Ultimate Fantasy is what it is and it is open for all. Should you feel inclined to be interested, I urge you to express as much by posting here or dropping a private message to myself.

Presently, a post or expression of interest is all that I require from you. Several posts will follow with more details as to how the game will work, and these will answer most questions you might have. Please be patient, but do not feel that you will have to wait very long. Remember, you may join this game at any time. I consider it my responsibility to welcome you, and offer any support I can to help you join this community, whether you choose to do so now, several weeks from now, or many years from now.[/color]

2. Dark-Enigma

Dark-Enigma Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 8, 2006
    Hmm, this does seem quite intriguing...

3. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Count me in!

4. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    ...and ME, Of course. :D :-B

5. LightSide_Apprentice

May 22, 2001
    OVERVIEW

This game is titled the Ultimate Fantasy, though I feel its most appropriate name, if it were to have one, would be the Ultimate Fantasy Community. My goal, as I hope yours is, too, is to create and enrich the RPF through interaction and mutual prosperity. These items form the very heart of the reason for this game's being. The game aims to be multilayered and will consist of not one, but multiple threads.

My goal here is to make an alternative Fantasy universe that comprises all of the things we have come to know and love from Fantasy, without being bound by timelines and without limitations for expansion. It it is designed to be an RPG that accomodates for all players, whether they are veterans or had never even participated in such a game before. It will be something more than what a typical RPG offers. The game seeks to encourage more extensive player interaction and a community aspect within the RPF as well as in the game itself.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to participate. Previous knowledge of Fantasy is not required to join, as all necessary information will be provided for.

HOW THE GAME WORKS

The Ultimate Fantasy will be run and operated by a team of Game Masters (GMs). Day-to-day operations of the game rests in their hands. They provide players with specific missions, based on the faction they have joined, to challenge and provoke a positive learning and Role Playing experience. These Game Masters will be faction and/or thread-based, and may have characters to reflect their administrative responsibilities. To join a particular faction all you need to do is post your interest within the faction of your desire.

This RPG will involve all classes of characters that you know from Fantasy. There will be Faeries, Vampires, Witches, Warlocks, Magicians, Knights, Priests, Healers, Warriors, Rogues, Marskmen, Monsters, Ghouls, Ghosts, gods, Spirits, Sprites, Orcs, Birds, Plants, Beasts, and many more such beings.

The RPG will be very simple and yet complex. By this I mean that the RPG will be very easy to play but there will be an enourmous amount of things going on below the surface which you may or may not need or even want to know about. The game takes place in a Fantasy universe all its own but the time is not as important as the events which will soon unfold.

HOW TO JOIN

Initially you will need to read the first few posts within this thread to attain a better understanding of how things work. This will only require you to read the first few posts before you know enough to make an informed beginning. I cannot overstress the importance of this thread itself however, as a source for in- and out-of-character information. This will be dominated with announcements in the future, so it would be wise to drop by whenever you get the chance.

Players are encouraged to make their characters original and to join only those factions that are on offer. Opportunities for additional factions will be provided for if the need arises. I strongly recommend you create more than one chracter, but not so many that you will not be needing them all. There are several reasons for this, but you will learn of those a little later.

The private messaging (PM) system is recommended for any general questions that you may wish to raise. Generally players will find that their factions/realms will become like their homes; virtually all activity is conducted within those threads.

Note that players are expected to earn their rankings both in- and out-of-character, but more on that later. Similarly, there is too much information regarding my plans to post all at once. It would simply be too overwhelming. As the RPG progresses, such information will be presented within this thread.

[color=red]Information on available factions will be presented soon. Presently, we expect to have factions open to: Faeries and their opposites, the Darklings; a faction open to noble Knights and Paladins, and the unholy forces they seek to purge, name

6. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Please count me in as well. :)

7. Dark-Enigma

Dark-Enigma Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 8, 2006
    *raises hand* Count me in also!

8. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    I reckon I'll give this a try! :D

9. MasterTiin

MasterTiin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2005
    If I may I would like to join this RP even though thi is my first visit onto the RP Forums.

10. LightSide_Apprentice

May 22, 2001
    CONCERNING REALMS, WORLDS, AND LANDS

The Ultimate Fantasy is a new world, one shaped, and not extracted from the fantasies you might already be familiar with. You might wonder what this means precisely. In short, originality is encouraged, as is inspiration from outside sources. We do not seek to copy existing worlds, but rather to use our experiences and knowledge of these worlds to shape new ones of our one. These new worlds, lands, and realms will form the basic playing fields, or settings for the game's events, just as they will be the available locations for community gathering and activity.

Consider the following two examples to help clarify this point. 1) The Caste of Camelot exists in the Legend of King Arthur. This castle will not exist within the Ultimate Fantasy and neither will King Arthur. Instead, we will all be free to create our own legends through role play, just as we will be free to build castles and kingdoms of our own. 2) The great mines of Moria that are revealed in the Lord of the Rings, and visually brought to life in the film: the Fellowship of the Ring, will not exist within the Ultimate Fantasy. Rather, we will be encouraged to create such locations, should we desire them, on our own. That might mean anything from a great underground labyrinth, to an enormous dwarven city, or a volcanic dragon's lair.

Note: Characters, technology, birds, and beasts, as well as most other things within the Ultimate Fantasy, like realms, worlds, and lands, must be original and not copied or directly extracted from any other source. Creativity is the focus of this community, as is fairness, free play, and originality.

CONCERNING, BIRDS, BEASTS, MONSTERS, AND OTHER LIVING THINGS OR CREATURES

Birds, plants, animals, and even monsters, and the undead are welcome within the Ultimate Fantasy. Some of these will be sentient, that is, they will be self-aware, if not entirely intelligent. Many of these beings will be an integral part of the realms, worlds, and lands found within this community, and, as such will be created by the participants of this game.

Some beings may be capable of speech or other forms of communication, some may possess other abilities, such as sensitivity to certain natural or magical forces, they may be telepathic, or ordinary in their own right. Their design is limited only to their respective creator(s).

CONCERNING CHARACTERS AND RANKINGS

Characters will possess a rank or class at the point of their creation. A peasant might fall into the class of a servant, or a farmer, and thus their type of work might be their title or rank. A fighter may be a squire, a city guard, a knight, a gladiator, or any other number of things of that class.

The purpose of these titles/ranks is twofold. Firstly, titles are a way for us all to distinguish the line of work, speciality, class, or career path any given character might have. And, secondly, ranks form a basic rewards system to encourage or otherwise grant merit to hard work, exceptional skill, or dedication, just as easily as a lack of these might discourage such rank advancements, if not entirely revoke them.

CONCERNING GAME MASTERS AND REALM LEADERS/CREATORS

While there may not be a large opportunity for new realms, worlds, and lands to be formed early on in the game, the purpose and scope of the Ultimate Fantasy does provide for the future creation of these things. Initially, there will be a limited number of realms, or locations of play, and one or more game masters will monitor these.

Game masters and their authority or power will be derived primarily from their efforts and contributions to the game. A realm creator, for example, will likely be the leader of that realm in the game, just as they will be the game master responsible for all aspects concerning that realm and its operations.

CONCERNING GODS AND SPIRITUALITY

Game masters and players who possess proven experience may be chosen, or be granted the opportu

11. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    *Peers over glasses*

I'd be a fool not to jump into the big Flagship... ;)

Count me in. :)

*Thumbs up*

12. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Yeah, definitely count me in too.

13. LightSide_Apprentice

May 22, 2001
    WELCOME:

Welcome to the Ultimate Fantasy Community. This is the place to be if you have any questions, no matter how big or small. It should also be noted that any and all potential members are welcome to participate.

SIGNING UP:

To join, all you need do is send me a private message, specifying the type of role or group you would like to be involved with. I will then direct you as best I can to the thread that will best accomodate you, as well as to the leading member of that area. Alternatively, you may post within this thread requesting direction, or approach one of the other game administrators: Ktala or greyjedi125.

RULES AND GUIDELINES:

The rules are simple. Once you've requested to join, you will be directed to your respective faction/realm. From there, you will receive a basic outline of the game's setting, the faction's structure, its leaders and any specific rules, regulations or guidelines to follow as being part of that team.

That will be your primary base. It's there that you will learn and spend most of your in-character time. Those of you who are not part of a specific faction will likely wander within this thread, or another realm/region, with something akin to an informal orientation, thus entering the game more rapidly, but with less knowledge at hand.

GAME MASTERS:

The game will be co-ordinated by a single Game Master, who will appoint faction leaders and sub-Game Masters to aid in the running of the integrated threads. If you have a faction-related question, it should be addressed to the faction leader(s) by sending a PM or posting in their respective thread. If you have a need which you believe the faction leader cannot answer and you wish to go to a higher authority, you may send me a Private Message and I'll see what I can do to be of service.

Factions leaders will basically be in full control of their threads. They are answerable only to the Game Master. As faction leaders, they choose their own training methods, their destinations, ranking structure, any extra rules, regulations or guidelines that are to be followed while in their threads.

[color=red][b]GUIDELINES TO FOLLOW:[/b]

Basic Rules, which apply to all threads being part of the Ultimate Fantasy, are as follows:

1) The Game Master's word is final. If there are any problems, they should be taken to PMs.

2) Sub-GMs are the authority where the Game Master is absent or unavailable. They are considered limited in authority to their own thread.

3) GMs are not 'above' anyone else. Their role is primarily that of a guide and problem solver. Feel free to approach them as such. You will find they are often open to reason.

4) In and out of character information should be displayed as such.

5) Use common sense and courtesy: ie. no god-moding, flaming, coarse language etc.

6) Faction leaders are exactly that and should be treated as such.

7) Battles, duels or other confrontations are to be conducted on a turn-basis.

8) Be prepared to have your own characters lost, killed, disintegrated, captured and discredited because such outcomes are always a possibility.

9) Keep a realistic approach at all times, without focusing on excessive technical detail.

10) The Golden Rule: Treat others as you would like them to treat you. Better yet, treat them as they would like to be treated.

[u]Note:[/u] All threads which are a part of the Ultimate Fantasy will specify that quality as such within their title.[/color]

14. Dahlia_Santary

Dahlia_Santary Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2005
    Definately count me in!

15. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Yeah, I'm in.

Can't wait.

16. Sith_Lords

Sith_Lords Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
  17. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Of course. :cool:

18. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    I am definately interested! Count me in.

19. -Jeb-

-Jeb- Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2006
    Hmm.. This should be pretty cool, but I still need more info on how to put together an application before joining. Otherwise, definately count me in!

20. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Count me in too! :)

21. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    =P~

How can I resist?

22. Master_Valar

Master_Valar Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2005
    I'd have to be an idiot not to get involved in history in the making. I'm down for the cause.

23. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Readies Paladin Knight wielding a giant chakram...:p

Yeah, I'm in on this. Sounds like a blast.

-~This is no Zaku, Boy. No Zaku!~-

24. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm in, of course. :)

25. LightSide_Apprentice

May 22, 2001
    CHARACTER SHEETS

In order to encourage some set standard or minimum amount of required information for characters, the Ultimate Fantasy will be using a basic character sheet, which includes a brief description and means of identification.

Note: Character sheets are not biographies. Any form of past history (usually referred to as a bio) is best revealed in character development as the story progresses and unfolds, or best sent to a game master via private message. Likewise, any achievements or conquests should be kept as personal goals for you to set out to achieve with your character through game play.

Character Sheet:

Name: [Please include a full name, as well as any nicknames or aliases where applicable]

Species (Lifeform): [Please include a brief description of the species, if not human, indicating things like appearance and any special skills or qualities inherent in that lifeform]

Gender: [If not male or female, specify why in the 'species' section]

Age: [If unusually high, or low, please explain why in the 'species' section]

Faction (Allegiance): [Includes formal membership within an organised group only]

Home: [Please name a city]

Place of Birth: [Please name a region]

It should only take between five and ten minutes to fill out the basic character sheet. Feel free to add further details or seek to discuss any issues you have with the game master(s) if you are having trouble or are uncertain whether or not your character is compatible with, and acceptable for, the Ultimate Fantasy. Know that reasonability is the most important aspect of character generation.

A chance will be povided for players to update their character sheets to include a bio and list of conquests or achivements, which may be incorporated into that bio, as the game develops. It will be an ideal way to display your relevant in-game experience, and achivements since joining. Obviously, it will also allow comparability between different characters and offer integration with the story, while also rewarding the efforts you have made with the character(s) concerned.

[color=red]This particular thread will act as the opening 'centrepiece' of this game. The purpose of this place, both IC and OOC, is to offer an environment where players and members of this community can meet and interact with one another, regardless of their character type(s).

Below is a brief description of the area/location, from an in-game perspective, of this very community setting. The place itself is known as 'Quandanlore'.

[u]Note:[/u] Callanthorith is the name of the region where the beginning of the game will be set. The community mentioned above, Quandanlore, is a location within this wider region.[/color]

[color=green][u][b]Quandanlore[/b][/u]

Initially conceived and constructed from an alliance between diverse communities within the region of Callanthorith, the city of Quandanlore (also known as the 'Trade City' or the 'Merchant City') is a place of peace and prosperity. Its administration is conducted by a City Council, simply referred to as the 'Council', which is comprised of one representative from each of a number of major communities within the land of Callanthorith. Some of the more commonly known communities include, Alfheim, the Queen's Realm, also called the 'Faerie Realm', and Manrenthain, which is the largest human settlement within the region.

Quandanlore is primarily a trade centre, and is frequented by merchants and travellers. Its few permanent residents are owners of inns, taverns, and other such establishments. Very few dark beings and creatures are known to visit the area, but some have managed to enter and exit the city without notice or capture. With this in mind, the Council has formed and granted authority to a City Watch, which is charged with the protection of the city, particularly from outsiders. A City Guard has also been formed to protect the Council itself, and any visitors to the city.[/color]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.