main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    For the Niners I think the best matchup would be the Ravens I think. And it would make an interesting young v. old team.

2. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    not to mention brother vs. brother on the sidelines. boy will that storyline get old if it happens.

DarthTunick likes this.
  3. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah for sure.

4. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

Though I would love that Super Bowl (since I'm also pulling for Baltimore), I can definitely see how that story line would get annoying* for many people.

*This happened to me in the lead up to Super Bowl XL ("OMG, Jerome Bettis is going home!!!!"), which lead me to root for Seattle in that game.

5. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Well I think the likelihood of both those teams winning on the road is low. A bit worried about Kaep on a loud road game with how he played in Seattle.. but here's hoping.

6. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    he won convincingly in the superdome, and there's seriously no crowd like seattle's. if anything, this could be where not pulling him out of that game pays off.

7. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Yeah I think Niners are going to destroy the Falcons. Ravens might keep it close, but the Pats should handles them.

8. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Well the Raven's don't have the kicker that cost them the AFC Championship last year, so who knows? Maybe they shock everybody next week (But I doubt it).

9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Yes. Harbaugh v Harbaugh would be an annoyingly over-covered storyline. So would "Ray Lewis and Tony Gonzalez are both retiring. One will go out a champ." So would Tom Brady trying to match Montana against Montana's team.

10. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    there isn't a storyline that wouldn't get old, especially because of the hype that always surrounds the super bowl.

11. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I'm pulling for the Falcons now that the Texans are out. I hate the Ravens because well they are the Ravens, Tom Brady makes me want to punch babies and the 49ers would tie the Steelers with most Super Bowl wins if they would win so the Falcons are left as the odd man out for me. So go Falcons I guess!?!

Darth McClain and DT421 like this.
  12. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm rooting for the Falcons even though they bested my 'hawks yesterday. But I think the Niners are the hotter team right now.

13. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    i'm for the 49ers. i think they probably have the best shot at beating the patriots. since they already did it once.

14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Has there ever been a Super Bowl where the starting QBs on each team went 1-2 in their draft class? (I would be talking about Ryan and Flacco here)?

15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  16. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Billick is a smart guy but man, giving up his analyst and booth career for the grind of a HC job?

17. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    he's been thinking about it before i think. just wasn't any offers that appealed to him.

18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    There's been rumblings that Cowher wants back on the sidelines as well.

19. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I hope he never comes back. I know it's selfish :( It would be so hard for me as a fan to see the jaw on a different sideline than the black and gold.

20. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    yea, i think jerry world jones has been quietly pursuing him.

21. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    Yeah I would hope here never takes a job from Jerry Jones never gets someone like Cowher. With the way Jerry runs the Cowboys.

22. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Any job Cowher get's comes with GM duty I would think. I can't imagine working for Jones since he is very hands on.

23. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    if parcells couldn't get jerry to back off, i doubt anyone could. kinda have trouble seeing any particularly big name coaches wanting to deal with the jerry headache for very long.

24. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Agreed. Garrett is a walking puppet for Jones.

25. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Well, Bill Cowher did just deny the rumor that he started about him wanting to get back into coaching.

He gets to pick his job, because he has no need to leave CBS. Had Atlanta lost to Seattle, I could have imagined Cowher's phone ringing and that job being of a lot of interest to him.