main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    If I were an Eagles fan I would be kind of underwhelmed. Vick sucks and should be a back up at best now. I know other than Flacco(who will most likely get the franchise tag) the crop of free agent QB's is thin but Vick ugh. I'd try to bring in a Matt Moore/Byron Leftwich type to battle him in camp.Alex Smith and Carson Palmer will most likely be free agents eventually but the asking price would be too high for them. Plus I still really like Alex Smith going to KC.

2. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i can see why chip kelly would want to at least try vick in his offense. he's getting older now, but he could still be a good fit if he can stay healthy.

3. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Me too. I just don't see him staying healthy.

4. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    It's probably for the year with the hopes that next year's draft class is better.

I'm not a Vick fan, but if you look at the crop of current FA (and agreed on Flacco staying with the Ravens, FT or not), and current draft class, Vick probably gives the Eagles the best chance out of all of them. Maybe it's not the solution the Eagles or their fans want (they always want a fresh QB when the old one breaks down), but it's probably the best they're going to get this year.

5. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

LandoThe CapeCalrissian Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2012
    Since Vic cant run like he did in the past and his arm was nothing ever special hes gonna have problems in the NFL now that hes older

6. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    STAY AWAY FROM THE PATRIOTS OMG

In fact just come to the Bengals.

7. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    vick actually did have a pretty good arm at one point. 70 yrds on a rope kinda arm. not necessarily accuracy so much, but he could get the ball pretty much anywhere on a field.

8. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Well this does make it a bit more likely Alex Smith might wind up in KC. Which I would definitely be okay with, but we still should draft someone and seriously attempt to develop.

9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Apparently Geno Smith's stock is rising, since so many teams are QB desperate, so maybe you'll get your wish.

10. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I hope so. Definitely interested to see how the combine goes for him.

11. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    I'd write a lengthy reply on how I hope that the Colts stay away from him, but I have a migraine.

Trimaj, Eeth-my-Koth and Yoda_S like this.
  12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  14. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah but if he does it, it forces Barkley to do it, and (in all likelihood) displays that he has a better arm than Barkley. So it's probably good for Geno unless he royally screws it up.

15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  18. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
  19. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    it worked for me. not... that that's really useful.

just tried it again, and it worked fine. so... not sure what's up.

20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  21. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    It worked fine from my computer but I was on my tablet and it wouldn't work

22. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    tablets FTW!!21!!2!@!1

yea... my opinion of them is not terribly high.

23. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    It's great for when I'm laying around on the couch but it kind of sucks to be honest.

24. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    i want a mouse, keyboard and non-touchscreen. i don't like touchscreens. the flipping things are way too inaccurate for me to ever want to use one on a regular basis. it's the main reason i have no desire to have a smartphone. my mom has one and i can barely dial anything on it because my fingers are too big. i'll hit two numbers, or the wrong one. it's just annoying as all get out. i realize a tablet might not have quite that problem... but i just can't see wanting one.

25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I only own an E-reader, and it can be great if you just want to occassionally read something (especially fanfic, though if I'm on it too long I start getting really bad headaches), but yeah, if I'm going to do anything, like use more than a sentence or two in commentating or graphics, then I'd prefer to do it on my laptop.