main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    Hey!

The Packers won.

I don't even know what to say.

We didn't **** it up in the 4th, like we have done in EVERY other game.

See what happens when Favre doesn't throw picks??

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Arizona would be wise to draft Joe Thomas out of Wisconsin, if this winning string hasn't forced them out of contention to get him.

From what I've read, he's built to be a great, dominating lineman, hopefully not a Robert Gallery clone.

3. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    Robert who?

4. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2005
    Heh, talk about a bust. I remember the hype surrounding him.

5. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    Thank god the Cowboy's kicker problem has been solved. :rolleyes:

6. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    I was pretty pissed when the Pack released Ryan Longwell. But it turned out pretty good with Reynar and all.

7. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Jan 15, 2005
    o_O

Seeing Reggie Bush turn a screen pass into a 60 yard touchdown was like watching a video game. :p

8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Tough break for the Saints DB with the broken thumb, that was a freak touchdown there.

Also glad to see TO didn't celebrate it.

9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I'm glad I'm not a Texans fan. Today has to be a hard day.

With Vince Young dealing you a defeat earlier today (which would only have been better/worse (depending on your point of view) if he had gotten a photo-moment stiff arm of Mario Williams on the run), and Reggie Bush showing some magic tonight ... I don't think I could put into words the sick feeling it would have to give you.

10. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Jan 15, 2005
    [face_laugh]:_|[face_laugh]

11. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    What can I say? I'm twisted and evil. Thought it would be the perfect snapshot.

And, is it just me, or is Tony Romo trying to play Tecmo Bowl out there? He's running back about 10 yards, and then throwing the ball really, really deep. It's vintage Tecmo Bowl playcalling.

12. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Jan 15, 2005
    Heh, that's another great one. Now I can recall the games my older brother played with his friends and that describes them pretty well.

13. EBSaints

EBSaints Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 29, 2002
    Who Dat? Who Dat? Who Dat Sey Dey Gonna Beat Dem Saints!

14. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah, I did remember that now. That's true. He was being contained a lot of the time. I think this was another result of having our O-Line further crippled this week. It hurt the running and passing game. I can't emphasize enough how hard this has been to overcome this year. Not to mention the plethora of other injuries we've had.

-sj loves kevin spacey

15. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Ugh! Its like the refs want the Bears to win. That horrible end of the half call to keep the clock running was ridiculous. A player can fall down on Sunday and crawl into the endzone because no one touched him, but he can't crawl out of bounds? That doesn't make sense.

16. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    2nd return TD for Hester! :cool:

17. THE_JEDI_GUARDIAN

THE_JEDI_GUARDIAN Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2006
    Oh come on, dont blame the refs because your team lost.

18. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    [face_laugh] No...my team is the Colts and they got beat just fine without ref interference. I honestly have forgotten who the Bears even played on Monday (too much studying for finals has ruined my memory). I just want to see games ref'd fairly. This most likely stems from years of watching my brothers play hockey at lower levels and having a definite bias towards the home team wherever we traveled to. This is annoying. However in the NFL, it just seems to be dumb calls that come up. Normally things after the 2 minute warning are reviewed to insure a fair game. This one wasn't even looked at. Stuff like that makes me skeptical.

19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    EDIT: On second thought, I'm gonna wait until this is confirmed. [face_peace]

20. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Well it's a legit point. What was the reasoning anyway? The player was no longer gaining forward progress?

21. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    I don't even think that's a rule unless they are being held up by other players. I didn't think a play could end until a) a TD was scored b) a player's knee hits the ground and is touched by a player from the opposing team c) the player with the ball goes out of bounds (and then the usual missed throws, QB sacks, etc)

22. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    what about QB kneel downs? no one touches them and the play ends.

23. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Doesn't that work for interceptions and kickoffs too?

There's still nothing to reasonably explain the call to continue to run the clock. These discretionary calls from the officials are the problem obviously.

24. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    lol @ Seattle.

25. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Jan 15, 2005
    Seriously. The only thing they had going for them was their home field, but they are toast in the playoffs now.