main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD The War Room - QLDFF Events Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by BigBossNass1138, Jan 10, 2007.

1. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Events as of 6 January 2009 (Sorry, been slack :p):

-- BSG viewing: This weekend, tentatively at Lozza's place. Continue discussion.

-- Australia Day: 26 January. So... we're planning something, right? Right?? :eek:

-- National Irish Booze-up Day (St Pat's): 17 March. I'm going to assume the usual procedure.

-- Brisbane Supanova 2009: 3 - 5 April @ The RNA Showgrounds.

-- Good Friday: 10 April.

-- Anzac Day: 25 April.

-- SERIOUS BUSINESS - HIGH STEAKS: Time and Date TBA. Please discuss the optimal dates for the pulverising of Serious Appetites.

SERIOUS BUSINESS: Because it's Serious. Go here for serious discussion.

The Globe movie doubles: Times and dates for various doubles will be posted here. Check back regularly. Movie doubles that have interest invested in them will be added to the main event list.

Suggested Events: For discussion of suggested events, marathons and other vague happenstances, please refer to this page.

Anything I've missed on this list? Let me know. [face_whistling]

2. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Labyrinth is on at the Globe tomorrow night. I did watch it saturday on DVD though. Still, not sure I've ever managed to get to a Globe showing before.

Hmm..13 dollars on Labyrinth or go see a movie like Benjamin Button...

3. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Probably would be fun, but at this stage I reckon it would be just as such to organise a movie night at someone's house instead. Of course, I've yet to see Ziggy Stardust... [face_thinking]

4. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    So the Battlestar viewing? Saturday, Lozza's place? Not many people have responded. Who else is coming?

5. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Hey my place is up for offer too. no aircon though :( Me and Goobs are there, whereever it is. Anytime after lunch is fine.

6. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    I originally wasn't able to come to this, but thanks to a bizarre set of circumstances involving the Australian Defence Force, a case of Guinness, Sinn Fein and a slippery slide, I can make it now :p

Keep me appraised of time, location, and what I need to bring.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

7. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Sinn Fein? This should be good. :p

Loz's place, after lunch, so I dunno, about 1:00. No need to bring anything. I'll provide the episodes, Goob will provide the webisodes, and I'll also bring along season 3, because I'd quite like to watch Crossroads pt 2 as a leadin to the season 4 opening.

In terms of food and drink, there's a bottle shop just down the road, right across from one of the best pizzerias I've been to. I'd say we're set.

8. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Is Supanova on this list? I know we've been there and done that, but I've somehow become enthusiastic about a costume or two. Honestly I vote we do a steam punk version of every costume we've ever done! :)

9. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Kahlan and I are afk a few days. See yas later in the week.
    [face cant_find_the_holidays_face!!!]

10. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Events as of 15 January 2009:

-- Australia Day: 26 January. Discuss.

-- National Irish Booze-up Day (St Pat's): 17 March. Assuming the usual procedure.

-- SERIOUS BUSINESS - HIGH STEAKS: Time and Date TBA. Please discuss the optimal dates for the pulverising of Serious Appetites.

The Globe movie doubles: Times and dates for various doubles will be posted here. Check back regularly. Movie doubles that have interest invested in them will be added to the main event list.

Suggested Events: For discussion of suggested events, marathons and other vague happenstances, please refer to this page.

11. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    We're thinking of movies... Tonight..Friday.

Planning on Batman Begins and Dark Knight double, unless anyone else has a better double bill to watch.

Drinking also, and crashing allowed.

Stop by if you feel like company, after 6.

Goobs and K inc.

:rolleyes:

12. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    ...sms us or PM to let us know if you're coming too. We'll hold off on the movie till yas arrive.

13. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Sorry kids, we got home a bit late and now Paul is stuck in front of the telly watching the cricket - hope it was fun though :)

14. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Paul was very disappointed that he missed last night - and wonders if anyone would be interested in watching DVDs over here tonight? We've just dug up my evil dead/army of darkness dvds, but will watch anything really.

Paul says (as a kind of bribe) that there might be monster/rocky road in it for anyone who wants to come over :)

15. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    We've got the munchkin tonight so can't unfortunately..unless an evening of kids movies was desired.:p

Sorry, you guys missed it. Should've sms'd you probably. Me and my last minute planning. Fun evening, good company.We ended up watching the whole cricket match ( seems more of us like the one-dayers than previously thought) and then Batman Begins , so still have Dark Knight to go at a later date.

Edit: remembered that BSG airs today. WOOHOOOOO. Will be watching that after munchkin hits the old Toy Story doona. [face_dancing]

16. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Yeah, thanks again for the invite, K. Was good fun.

Can't make it tonight I'm afraid Morgan. 'nother time, perhaps. I'd be up for another day of Doctor Who, the last one was great fun.

17. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    It's all good - another Doctor Who day would be great. Will organise something eventually.

18. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Paul is thinking about marathoning Pirates of the Carrabean 1 - 3 on Sunday (25th). Let us know if your interested in joining.

19. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    I may be hung over, but that'll be appropriate I suspect :p

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

20. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    The Queensland Theatre Company has sent out it's 2009 Season details, and while there's only one or two plyas I'm interested in seeing, I thought some of you may be interested in the others.

They are:

The Alchemist
    That Face
    God of Carnage
    25 Down
    The School of Arts
    Ninety
    The Year of Magical Thinking
    The Crucible
    Toy Symphony

I'm planning on seeing The Alchemist and The Crucible, but may be persuaded to see the others. Let me know if there's any interest through the usual channels.

Also, further seats have gone on sale for the musical Chicago. I still haven't arranged to see it yet, so again, let me know if you're interested.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

21. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Events as of 22 January 2009:

-- Pirates of the Carribean 1 - 3 viewing: 25 January @ Morgan & Paul's place. From 11am til whenever.

-- Australia Day: 26 January. Who is doing what? *pokes* :confused:

-- National Irish Booze-up Day (St Pat's): 17 March. Assuming the usual procedure.

22. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Saturday 31st, from 5pm..last few episodes of BSG followed by new episode at 810pm..hour earlier than I thought.

This is where we'll be, joiners very welcome.

Those that need to catch up..you have 3 days..taking Friday off work and staying awake from Thursday afternoon would probably get you through seasons 1-4

Luke, Kahli, Paul and Morgs, this means you! ;)

*Finger poised over the crazy button

23. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Another cool place to watch a loved movie

Rooftop movies in the valley!

http://www.limeshotel.com.au/rooftopcinema/

Beetlejuice on MOn-Wed next week, and Fligth of the Navigator week after that. 2 movies each night.
    Edit..oooh Amelie is on 9th and 10th.Happy Bob, Hambo?!

Sure I saw Never Ending story in there too!

24. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    I'm all cought up. Have seasons 1-4 on dvd. But have taken saturday off to re-watch season 4 marathon from 10am and eps 11, 12 and the new 13 on sci/fi channel.

25. casual-jedi

casual-jedi Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002
    I might just be up/ready for something like this.