main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Widow Skywalker-- (post ROTJ AU staring Luke & Padme) Author's Note, 5/24/05!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Meredith_B_Mallory, Jul 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shinning_Star

Shinning_Star Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2000
    Don't know where you gusy are, but it's Sunday on my little island, and there's no post :(

Caslia

2. Meredith_B_Mallory

Meredith_B_Mallory Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2001
    *humbly bows before the thread* I'm very sorry for my lateness, but Darth Writer's Block and Darth Life cornered me! ;) You know how it is.

Thanks so much for upping the thread while I was gone! (Falls_the_Shadow, you've caught me 'scarlet' handed, so to speak. [face_blush])

I'm gonna shut up now and let you read.

Oh-- one thing first. PLEASE, don't kill me.

[face_shocked] ;)
    -Meredith

[to the tune of "I've been working on the Rail Road"]
    "I've been working on a ficcie,
    All the live-long night...
    I've been working on ficcie,
    And I hope it's not a blight.
    Can't you send me some feedback?
    So in the morning I'll read it?
    Can't you send me a comment?
    I would love you and I mean it.

++++++++++++++++++++++

Alive. Somewhere, Leia (my Leia, my small silver piece in the eye of the storm) was alive. She breathed, her heart pumped blood, which in turn flowed through her veins. She was a real person who could think and feel and maybe there was someone she loved. Maybe, maybe, there was someone who loved her. After Koe's coppery wind had brushed away her tears, Padme began to laugh, just a little, frightening herself. Her time in the Imperial Prison had made it so that she no longer trusted her own mind, but the irony was still sharp like berry wine on her tongue. Leia helped to tear down what her father had built. For a moment, she understood those who sought redemption through their children-- an image, herself weaving complicated patterns of black and red, as Leia sat and unraveled the threads back into oblivion.

Sometimes, Padme didn't believe in the past. It was so fresh and painful, but so far away. Nothing concrete, it seemed to change from day to day. Had she really loved a boy named Anakin? Where her children hidden away, or simply stillborn? (She had that awful reoccurring dream, where she climbed the hill, and the twins' graves were exposed, and she could see the tiny baby bones curled up in the coffins. Luke had been taken away so quickly, she sometimes wondered if he'd ever been born at all.) Between herself and the woman called Senator Nabberrie lay the golf of her hellish time in the camps-- needles, always needles, piercing her everywhere, bringing night and the dark and those things that come in the dark. There's a reason those things come in the dark; if they come in the light, you would *see* them. They, the masked Stormtroopers who sometimes seemed like devils and other times seemed like clowns, said the injections would help her forget, but she was trapped in her memories. They lied, they always lied.
    She never forgot a thing.

Hearing someone else speak of Leia made the world much clearer, as if she was the princess in the high tower with a divine spyglass. Perhaps, Padme smiled bitterly, she thought in fairy terms too often, but she had not been a child during her childhood, and it was so much easier to believe in things like hope and love and peace in the vague land of myth. It was like walking into a painting-- looking at the Koe morning, Padme thought it was rather like the abstract vision of a madwoman-- its two-dimensional, and you can't convince yourself it's real. After all, in fairy tales, the prince is never the same as the warlock.
    Maybe that was the problem.

"Widow Skywalker!" inwardly, Padme winced, realizing she was standing still. Her feet had halted near the old plantation, with its crumbing iron gates, as if she felt safer if she had bars to look through. Is the tiger relieved to have the humans barred from him, as he is barred from them? For a moment, she considered starting her journey again, but she simply sighed and turned around. The figure approaching was small and willowy, but growing with hurried pace. Padme hadn't even needed to look up to know it was Shindor's daughter, Sintalia.
    "Morning to you," Padme greeted, when the girl had come close enough.
    Sintalia grabbed the older woman's hands without preamble. "Widow Skywalker," she said, breathless, "Please, I know my mom and dad have talked

3. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Wow a great long post more soon [face_hopeful]

4. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Yay! Please post another one soon - this was great!

5. Chaos_Rose

Chaos_Rose Jedi Youngling star 3

May 12, 2002
    Whoo-hoo!

Worth the wait! I especially liked the part about Padmé's escape and her interaction with Deip. It's true, too - you can't lock up wild things.

Now, I feed you Godiva ice cream and pester for more tales!

6. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    if it goes after a week I will begin to poke you until you post a new one

7. TheBalinakaBaroness

TheBalinakaBaroness Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    thanks for such a beautiful update! such wonderful writing, love this story. hope we don't have to wait too long for Luke to get his answer.... ;)

thanks,
    Baroness

8. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    grrr, this is my *3rd* attempt at doing a reply.

Wow......I wonder if that boy in desert garb is a ghost of young Anakin Skywalker?

9. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    All sorts of lovely imagery in that post. Hope the next post will be sooner than the last. :) Thanks.

10. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Another silly lymric like that and you'll never hear from me again! :p You know I'll be singing "I'll be Working on the Railroad" all the live long day, don't you?

D'oh! You see! It's happening already! :D

Enough of the silly stuff, on to the serious stuff.

The things Padme had to get through sound terrible, almost Nazi concentration camp-like. Scary. The section where she recalls having the nightmare when she's in bed with Anakin was done really well, too.

Jedi Liz makes a really good point in guessing that the boy was a shade of young Anakin. Makes sense to me.

Great post! Hope we don't have to wait long for more, or I'll eat the Godiva ice cream Chaos Rose has left out for you. :p

11. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Oh, nice update. If only Luke knew how close he was. I'll be waiting to hear the answer to Luke's question.

12. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2000
    Whew!

That post was worth waiting for! I only hope the next one won't take as long.

Excellent story so far. Can't wait to see what happens next.

13. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    A postie! :D It looks as if the news of Leia has had a great effect on Padmé. Now imagine how she would feel if she knew about Luke... ;)

*SB*

14. Calen2kk

Calen2kk Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2002
    Damn youu....*g* After all that, now it'll be like 200 years til we get another update.
    Come on! And do more of Artificial wings too! Pleeeeease? On this fic, I really do like it, liked the Padme bit best so far and now I want more dagnabits!

15. Shezan

Shezan Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2001
    This is stunning! Got me to delurk while on the hop in a hotel room! Bravo!

16. inez_the_swampgirl

inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    OH. MY. GOSH! That was simply amazing. :eek: The whole post was full of stunning descriptions and I really love how you describe Padmé's state of mind.

A round of applause and chocolate for the author. More soon please.

inez

17. Jedi_of_Twilight

Jedi_of_Twilight Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2002
    Oh please don't leave us like that!!! :_|

You have to post soon. You must!!!

Would it help if I continual said please a hundred times or so? :D I guess I'd better get started...

Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease
    pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease
    pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease
    pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease
    pleasepleasepleaseplease
    pleasepleaseplease
    pleaseplease
    please...?

Okay, I know I'm not done yet but I'm a little tired...would you reward me with a post? ;)

Jedi_of_Twilight :cool:

Balance must be obtained. Which will win? The light or the dark? It'll come down to the confrontaion in the twilight...

18. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    i finally get back and you leave me in another cliffhanger? (bobill pulls out hair)
    anyway, that was a great post! you are really good at capturing emotions! can't wait to see what will happen with luke and padme!

19. leia_amigirl

leia_amigirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2002
    A Post!!! :D I love it. Poor Padme her life is pretty harsh. Tell me there is a reunion in the next post. I don't think I can wait. This cliffhanger is evil!!! :) Oh well I will patiently await more.

Amigirl [face_love]

20. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Please let there be a reunion in the works oh please. never mind the poking begins here and will continue until there is a new post

poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke
    poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke
    poke poke poke poke poke poke poke
    poke poke poke poke poke poke
    poke poke poke poke poke
    poke poke poke poke
    poke poke poke
    poke poke
    poke
    poke
    poke poke
    poke poke poke
    poke poke poke poke
    poke poke poke poke poke
    poke poke poke poke poke poke
    poke poke poke poke poke poke poke
    poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke
    poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke

21. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    omg, that was good, and looooong!!! more than made up for the time spent waiting. Is the woman he talks to Amidala, cuz if it is, thats very kool, creative writing. Very nice cliffhanger, very suspensful, just like they are supposed to be, Im on the edge of my seat here!!!

Awesome dream sequences, too. very descriptive. i liked the way they were laid out.

POST SOON!

::Windstar Out::

22. Jedi_of_Twilight

Jedi_of_Twilight Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2002
    [face_shocked] No new post?! :mad:

C'mon!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!

Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease
    pleasepleasepleaseplease
    pleasepleaseplease
    pleaseplease
    please
    pleaseplease
    pleasepleaseplease
    pleasepleasepleaseplease
    pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease...

Please? Pretty please with a cherry on top!

Okay that took way too much effort...does that look like I finished my hundred 'pleases' from my last post? It better have... ;)

Meredith_B_Mallory! Will you please add more?!

I'll love you 4ever!! [face_love]
    I must have more Luke!!!

Jedi_of_Twilight

Balance must be obtained. Which will win? The light or the dark? It'll come down to the confrontation in the twilight...

23. t65flyer

t65flyer Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2000
    <<start cute mode>>
    i wanna know who the laydeee iz [face_kitty]
    luke needs to find his mommie
    <<end cute mode>>

24. Lucid_Lady

Lucid_Lady Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 28, 2002
    This story is soooo good. Please post more soon.

25. t65flyer

t65flyer Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2000
    up with this!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.