main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The WNU Guide to FanForce: Connecting Fans One City At a Time

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Miana Kenobi, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Welcome to the FanForce Help Desk! Here you will find everything you need to know about FanForce; what it is, how to join, and ask any and all questions you may have.

So let's start off with the basics, shall we?

The FanForce FAQs are listed on theforce.net, but I'll answer most of the questions here as well.

What Is FanForce?

FanForce is where you meet other Star Wars fans on these boards who also live in your area. The Jedi Council forums allows you to talk to others from around the globe; FanForce is about physically meeting others in person who live near you. We are a subsection of theforce.net and have our own forum space on the boards. We get together for meetings, movie screenings, trips to amusement parks, charity events, and all sorts of things. What's fantastic about FanForce is that while Star Wars brings us all together, it's not just a Star Wars club.

Who's In Charge?

FanForce has 3 Global Support Administrators (GSA). They are:

Jedi_Dajuan(USA) - Head Admin
    MacCaffrey (Germany)
    halibut (UK)

On top of the GSAs, each region has its own Regional Support Administrators (RSA). They will be listed below with their regions.

If you ever have a general FanForce question, feel free to PM any of the RSAs or GSAs. If you have a question about a region, please PM that area's RSA.

How Do I Join? Do I Have to Do Anything Special?

All you have to do is be a registered member of the boards and go post on their boards. Every chapter is different and has different rules for membership. Some require you to attend at least 3 events to count as a full member. Also, if you are under the age of 18, some chapters might have you sign a parental consent form. Just be sure to check with your group for what you need.

So It's Free?

That entirely depends on your chapter. Some ask for a small monthly fee for dues to help pay for club expenses (like webspace, flyers, promotional material, etc). Just check with your chapter.

Who's In Charge of Each FanForce?

Each FanForce is structured differently. Some have their own charter defining elected positions, while others may only just have one elected officer. Every FanForce must have a Chapter Rep (CR). They are the club-appointed representative for FanForce on these boards, and must be voted upon at least once a year. Some clubs choose to make the CR the president or leader of a club, while others vote in a CR just to be the liaison between the club and the FanForce administration.

So What Do You Do In FanForce?

Again, each group is different, but we're mostly a social club. Typical FanForce events include: Meetings, movie screenings, conventions, amusement park trips, charity walks, laser tag, bowling, beach trips, camping trips, holiday parties, sporting events, the list goes on. The best part though is just meeting other Star Wars fans in your area. I won't lie, I've made some of my best friends through FanForce.

What About Costuming?

FanForce is not a costuming club. However, many FanForces do like to do costuming events on top of regular events. You'll just have to check with your group to see what their policy on costumes is.

What If I Also Like Costuming But My FanForce Doesn't?

2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Great work! :D

And I can just support to ask questions, if you have any! No one of us will bite! :)

Edit: I've added this thread to 'map of the boards'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.