main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

THEATRES OF WAR Star Wars Saga Play by Post

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Katana_Geldar, Dec 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Ardanna smiles at Marcus and Hirry. "We don't stand on much formality out here, soldier...or should I say soldier and doctor?" She looks at Marcus carefully. I'm Aradanna, I'm in charge of what there is to be in charge of out here. Weren't there meant to be two of you coming out with the supply ship?"

2. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Tua took a moment after Webber left to find his center after the bumpy ride. He closed his eyes and inhaled deeply. It was always worse riding instead of flying. Feeling better, he gathered his things and headed down the ramp.

I'm Aradanna, I'm in charge of what there is to be in charge of out here. Weren't there meant to be two of you coming out with the supply ship?"

"After feeling the cold, I was having second thoughts. Tua Malik, ma'am, at your service," he said, bowing slightly.

3. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    "Nothing to be sorry about, and now that you are here I can see what I can do about your briefing." She looks at Hirry. "I have your comlink code, I will call you when I have the link up wil Command." She smiles at you and walks away.

(Feel free to talk in-character and get yourselves to your ship, I'll give you until before the weekend when I will come in for the call for the briefing.)

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Walks toward where the new recruits are set to enter. Might as well stretch the legs and see what's what.

(Sorry for the absence. My computer decided to die on me this week, just got it back.)

5. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    (Guys, I know it's still early in the game but I can't hold your hand all the way through. And I do realise that there's A LOT of roleplaying but it's to set the scene and give information so that we can get to the encounters, where things should move a lot more swiftly. I didn't think I should step in and comment on the pace, but I have seen you guys around the boards and it's kind of bossy for me to send a third round of PMs. I'm giving this until this time tomorrow and then there's the briefing as I'd like to get going.)

6. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    >>sorry, my internet was down all last week.

Hirry moves into his best parade-ground posturing.
    Listen up Fresh Meat: My name is Sergeant Hirry Grunt. You may address me as 'Sergeant' or 'Sergeant Grunt.' Supposedly, each of you brings somethign special to this mission. You have two jobs: to do what you're supposedly good at, and to impress me by doing it well. I've been told we have a few minutes before briefing, and for once, I don't have busywork or calestenics for you to do. Stretch out, shake out the lead and atrophy from your muscles, and relax. Based on what I've seen, this may be one of your few chances to do so. Unlike many of you, I've actually served in a regimented millitary. We do things one way: the way they've been told. Since joining the Rebellion, I've had to deal with idealists and pacifists and teach them enough not to die in their first 10 seconds of combat. First thing I've had to do is teach them the difference between ideals and reality. Stormtroopers don't listen to impassioned speaches about freedom and equality. They take that time to shoot your allies while you are busy flapping your yap. In my training courses, I provided an example of this by firing stun blasts at the ones who questioned my methods. I then pointed out to the rest that stormtroopers almost never fire on 'stun.' Every class has started with that same lesson. (sigh) every class has had some loud-mouth arm-chair historian or political science accademic who needed a practical demonstration. I've been training civies to be soldiers for the last six months, so I'm ready to start directly kicking Imperial Issue Posterior! So much for the motivational speach.Enough about me. Why don't the rest of you introduce yourselves.

7. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Great, stuck with a drill sergeant who normally has to teach civies which way the gun points. How the hell did I end up here? Marcus stepped forward. Might as well get this introduction over with...

"Dr. Marcus Webber-- newly commissioned Alliance ensign, formerly a commander in the Imperial Navy." He paused for a moment, forcing down the annoyance at the loss in rank...and for that matter, the lack of importance most of the Alliance seemed to place in rank and position. That couldn't be helped now. "I specialize in surgery, but should be able to handle whatever other basic medical concerns arise. I'm also a reasonable pilot, even in combat conditions, and I look forward to working with you, Sergeant."

8. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    "Tua Malik, Intelligence. And if those are my only two jobs, this should be fairly easy." he said, matter-of-factly. Leaning over to Webber, he added under his breath, "at least we will be kept warm by all of the hot air the sergeant blows."

9. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Sergeant Hirry's comlink is sounding.

Koohi

Just to speed things up, when you answer it it's Commander Ardanna.

I have made contact with Alliance command, they are ready to start your briefing.

10. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Hirry looks at the caller ID as he answers his commlink.
    Looks like it's time to find out where we're going and who we're killing. Briefing room is this way.
    Hirry leads the way to the briefing room, hoping that no one goes wandering off (this time)

11. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    (What? We're up to the briefing already? *Hunts through several notebooks behind the screen*)

Calling it the briefing room would be perhaps putting it a little strongly, Ardanna is waiting for you in a rather cramped, rough-looking office with a battered desk and a few cheap chairs. On the desk is a small holoprojector and what appears to be a diplomatic package. From the holoprojector, the figure of a woman is emitted...Princess Leia Organa. It's rather flickery, which is understandable considering all the asteroids surrounding the base.
    [image=http://delamagente.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/princess1.jpg]

When everyone is seated, Ardanna leaves the room and Leia begins.

Some of you, I understand, are new to the Alliance and in this case I thank you for your descision to aid our struggle against the Empire. And the rest of you I know are coming off the success of your last mission, so I know that all of you will be up for the challenge of this next mission which is somewhat more political.
    Our movement against the Empire still is in need of allies, and of course convincing star systems to join us as the Empire does not take defection lightly. The planet Cerulea in the Mid-Rim may turn our way, and with it it's resources of fuel and metals. However, Queen Varina has told us that this cannot happen if there is no one for Cerulea to rally behind.
    And this is what your mission is.
    Your mission is to break out the Qava named Vaynar from prison and bring him to Cerulea. Vaynar is imprisoned on Imperial Centre in a high-security prison for dissidents. You will need to infiltrate the prison, free Vaynar and then contact me in deep space where you will be given the coordinates for the rendezvous point.
    The package that has been given to you has information about the prison itself as well as detail on a contact who can assist you with this.
    I have the feeling I should apologise for bringing you all the way out here when your mission is in the Core. But secrecy is vital, if this operation gets out it will be the people of Cerulea who suffer. And there are also reports of...

But that is all you hear, the hologram cuts her off midsentance and you don't even get the chance to ask her any questions.

12. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Great, another trip all the way to the core. Worse, Coruscaunt, where everyone treats you like scum if you don't have a propper imperial accent.
    "Well, let's see this support information so we can try to equip propperly. I suggest everyone memmorize it in case we lose people along the way."

13. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    *Runs into the briefing room*
    Crap, crap!! Sorry I'm late. What'd I miss. Where are we headed?

14. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    (Just a reminder, those of you ex-Empire may be inclined to call Coruscant Imperial Centre/Center as that is it's name at this time. I had Leia call it that as it's been always called that in her life time, at least not by old-fashioned people. And for the love of all that's holy, don't forget the package! I know I should have bolded it.)

15. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    Marcus realized he'd been holding his breath since the hologram'd mentioned Imperial Center. He exhaled slowly and tried to wrap his mind around the mission. Not just showing up on the throneworld...but breaking into a high security prison and rescuing a prisoner. The Alderaanian princess might as well have walked into the room and shot them all personally, just to save everyone's time.

Trying to keep the disbelief out of his voice, he turned to the woman who'd just run into the room. "We're..." He swallowed and started again. "We're to infiltrate Imperial Center, break into a high security prison, and extract a target to the planet of Cerulea. Transmission cut out so we didn't catch the end about reports of...something occuring. Hopefully there'll be more info in the package," he said as he nodded to the bundle next to the holoprojector.

Marcus glanced at Tua to try go get a sense of what was going through the intelligence agent was thinking, but he was still working at reading Kel Dor facial expressions.

Oh well. Marcus made his way to the diplomatic package and opened it, as the sergeant had brought up.

16. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    The package is long and white, which is strange as it contains only a few items.

Three datacards, unlabeled, and a holoprojector that seems to be made out of rather cheap plastene.

The cards, should you choose to access them are:

• The first one has a few specifics on the prison, including coordinates and a few images

• The second has information on Vaynar and the planet Cerulea

• The third contains a transponder code that can be installed on the ship to make landing on Imperial Centre easier*

The holoprojector is round, small and flat, when deactivated a circle of six stars can be seen outlining the rim with one in the centre on the lens. When activated, it projects the image of a Rutian Twi'lek woman**.

* Of course, this needs to be installed before you depart.
    ** For this item I need Dajuan and EF to roll a Knowledge (lore) check. I have a note to pass one of you and the highest one gets it.

Also, since you guys are going to be equiping up and heading off send me your lists of items that you would like from the allowed books and the Rebellion might supply you with some of them. Please don't go crazy or I'll just give you bows, arrows and clubs.

17. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    I don't have Lore, I have Technology and Physical Science.

I think...

18. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    This is an untrained check then, just roll Knowledge.

19. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    I rolled a 3. Clearly this has nothing whatsoever to do with Hirry Grunt's upbringing in the Tapani Sector.

20. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    No, people who would know about this object would be in intel or scum and villainy.

21. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    1d20=5 + 2 (1/2 level) + 3 (INT) = 10.

22. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    1d20=3 +10 (skill mod)= 13

(Apparently I have my normal character sheet on the home PC so I hope I calculated correctly. I'll get a weapons list tonight I hope. My books are at home too :p)

23. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Did I do mine right? The book doesn't say anything about a skill mod.

"when your character makes a skill check, roll 1d20 and add 1/2 your character level + your key ability modifier (in this instance INT) + any miscellaneous modifiers + 5 if the character is trained in the skill."

24. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    Skill mod is all of those added together. 5 is your skill mod.

25. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    You rolled right, EF, that's the way you do it.

*writes note and passes it to Dajuan*

There's a knock at the door and Ardanna pokes her head in. Have you finished? Sorry, but we just need to use the room. She opens the door wider and you can see a few orange suited pilots behind her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.