main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~There Is Still Time To Back Out?.. ~ Simpsons? Quote Roulette Challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by verybusy, Dec 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. verybusy

verybusy Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 18, 2006
    Title: There Is Still Time To Back Out?..
    Author: VeryBusy
    Characters: Mara
    Settings: UNION Comics
    Notes: Written for the Simpsons? Quote Roulette Challenge.

My quote: "I'm telling ya, all a man needs is an idea." -Herb Powell

There is still time to back out, isn?t there?
    All I would have to do is fling the Jedi tunic - that I do not know where to put exactly anyway - over the next chair, redress with my jumpsuit and the leather jacket and call for an air cab to take me to the space port.

I could com Karrde and ask him to send a shuttle that takes me to the Wild Karrde or straight to the Starry Ice and from there I could head out together with Faughn in order to finalize the deal with this Correllian Company they mentioned yesterday.

Just one call and I?d have my old life back, wouldn?t I?

Don?t ask me where this thought came from right now. Maybe I just have too much time on my hands lately. If I?d known that I end up like this, I?d never agreed on having the ceremony at 1100 this morning. I would have insisted on 0800 instead.

There is no time to back out anymore, even if there are still two hours left until I will give my official commitment to him and to our Jedi bond. There never had been such a time, at least not after I decided to let the Fire crash into the Fortress.

Come on, no one, who knows me at least a little bit, would dare to suggest that I had wished for that Force Bond between me and him to happen, ever.
    It just did, there was no way to avoid it and by recognizing his feelings for me and experiencing him being aware of my love for him the path was changed forever.
    Tell me, had there been any possibility to just return to Karrde?s organization and just claiming nothing has happened while knowing that he knows that I know ?.. No way!

Maybe if the Force Bond had not happened?

But then we had not survived anyway! And even if we had ? Sure, I won?t admit it to anybody, this is just for me, but I guess he captured my heart a long time ago anyway and I don?t think that I?d like the thought that I?d still had to figure out how to make my feelings known without losing my dignity.
    I?m glad it happened though!

On the other hand, why did we have to make this official right away?

Couldn?t I have turned his proposal down telling him that we might try a normal relationship first? Dating, seeing that we adjust both our working schedules so that we are sure we have time for each other, deciding on a place where we both feel comfortable to life, moving in?. just some time in order to find out if it works?

Do you feel that, when thinking back, there was another option after all?

I believe, I wouldn?t be honest with myself if I?d said I had had any other choice than saying ?YES?!
    He knew I wanted this even before he asked and he had known that the only reason for me to avoid the inevitable answer had been the fear to let him into my life completely. ?. And this is nothing I will ever be afraid about, not after feeling his presence in my heart and in my soul.
    It had been plain stupid to say anything else than ?Yes, I will?

Maybe if he hadn?t asked?

If he hadn?t asked we would probably be in the same situation as we were in if the Force Bond hadn?t happened. Or even worse ? I had felt that I had to do something because he knew, but if you know me, you are aware that expressing my feelings is not my strongest point.
    Or he had tried to express his feelings in any other way and I had not known how to deal with this? or? Okay, I don?t want to think about it right now, I strongly believe proposing at exactly that point was one of the better ideas he had in his life!

I will probably rather bite my tongue before admitting this to anyone else, but let me rephrase this:

This was surely the best idea he ever had!

I am really glad that nobody knows how silly I can be at times ? okay, he knows, but he knows bette

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I can really see Mara being a little bit anxious and uncertain just before she married Luke! Thank goodness she got over her jitters! [face_love]

=D=

3. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    *laughs* that last line is priceless Mara *grin*

Bravo! You worked your quote well around the whole piece, I'm delighted it turned out so well! This was just perfect - Mara having pre-wedding jitters ;) I like how you brought her thought pattern full circle - it really showed that she was thinking things through, even if she was looking for a way out *grin*

I loved it!

4. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    =D= awesome

like how you portrayed Mara and her doubts and what if?s

5. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Oh, I love it so much! *hugs fic*

So very Mara! After such a long time on her own, it must be tough, the thought of being "tied" down to one person, one life, one place. Love her thoughts of how easy it would be to just make a call and pick up her old, comfortable life.

But the ending... [face_love] That's even better! :D

Lovely, lady!

6. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    This was Priceless!:D

I loved Mara's apprehensiona dn uncertainty. Itwas just perfect, and her mental dialouge was just hilarious!

Just another hour to go; right now I only have one wish left, let this fiancée of mine have another good idea ? I mean, let him figure that waiting while being totally on my own is going to drive me nuts ? and let him find an excuse to come and see me before the ceremony is going to start.

That made it perfect.

Thanks for sharing!=D=

~MJ@};-

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Verybusy!! :) :) :) :)
    You captured Mara's jumbled emotions perfectly... but the one thing that came through clearly was that she loves him and can't wait for them to finalize things. [face_love] [face_love]
    Delightful!!
    Yuppers, his proposing was the very most terrific idea he could have had! :D

[:D]
    P.S. Congratulations on getting VaderLVR64 as mentor/Master. :) Her humor, characterizations, and dialogue are terrific! :) "A Love Story in Red" and "Not My Father's Son" are so fantab, and ... "Tangled Up in You" *ecstatic sigh* :D @};-

8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Hadn't read the index info but there was no doubt in my mind on reading the beginning who it was or what she was anxious about. :D :D

On the other hand, why did we have to make this official right away?

Couldn?t I have turned his proposal down telling him that we might try a normal relationship first? Dating, seeing that we adjust both our working schedules so that we are sure we have time for each other, deciding on a place where we both feel comfortable to life, moving in?. just some time in order to find out if it works?

Who wants to be normal? ;)

Bravo to a totally delightful repsonse to the challenge. :D :D

9. Jaded_Rose

Jaded_Rose Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2006
    The what-ifs were wonderful - So Mara and yet so alien. Great job on the response!

J_Ro

10. Quotations_Roulette

Quotations_Roulette Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 3, 2006
    Oh, I liked this!

Just another hour to go; right now I only have one wish left, let this fiancée of mine have another good idea ? I mean, let him figure that waiting while being totally on my own is going to drive me nuts ? and let him find an excuse to come and see me before the ceremony is going to start.

[face_love]

I love how Mara's so nervous and unsure, but she knows in the end what's important...Luke and their love.

Great fic, and great job with the quote! =D=

11. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Wonderful little viggie. It made me set aside my old misgivings on that rushed proposal of Luke's. I hope he did show up there at the end, like Mara wanted. :D

12. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    I can so see Mara like this! awwwww... poor girl!

13. verybusy

Sep 18, 2006
    VaderLVR64 : Thanks! I'm glad you liked it. ..and thanks again for the BETA reading.[:D]

Jade_Max : Bravo! You worked your quote well around the whole piece, I'm delighted it turned out so well! This was just perfect -

[face_blush] Huh! That is quite a compliment![face_blush]
    Thanks for reading, and letting me know. ...and yes,I think Mara must have thought things through ...... ;)

Maggy : [:D] Hello there, I am happy you liked it!

ginchy : :D I was sure you'd like the end! :D

Mira_Jade :Itwas just perfect, and her mental dialouge was just hilarious!

[face_blush] I feel really flattered right now. I loved to write it, but I never thought that people would like this that much...[:D]

Jade_eyes : P.S. Congratulations on getting VaderLVR64 as mentor/Master.

Yeah.. I am so happy she decided to put up with me. ;) I always love her stories ....

Anyway, I am glad you liked this one as well. :D

Healer_Leona: Hadn't read the index info but there was no doubt in my mind on reading the beginning who it was or what she was anxious about.

:D I thought you would figure... but anyway, for me Mara will always be the character with the greatest potential for a mental dialogue. ;)

Jaded_Rose :[:D] Hi there, thanks for reading and letting me know you liked it.

Quotations_Roulette : [face_dancing] Thank you so much for comming up with the challenge and givng us the oportunity to play. I really loved doing this! [:D]

Jedi-2B : It made me set aside my old misgivings on that rushed proposal of Luke's.

You know, this is what I felt as well all the time. ;) .... but when I thought about how Zahn should have rewritten this szene without messing up his own characters, I just could not think of any other idea. Maybe I should write a sequel to this one, letting Luke explain why he did this... [face_thinking]

RedGold : Yeah... like I said to Leona, I always thought Mara would be a character to have such a conversation with herself...[face_batting]

cheers,

VeryBusy

14. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005

Nice use of the quote! I could see Mara get anxious about being dependent and permenantly attached even though at the same time wanting it. I dont know the comics, they had a force bond in there? Was the marriage quick then?
    Good job there little sister!

15. verybusy

Sep 18, 2006
    Thanks for reading, sis! I am glad you liked it![:D]

Well the force bond happend in VotF, but many people including me thought that marriage proposal at the end of the book came a little bit too quick although most of the people were really waiting for it.
    Anyway, it is kind of sad that the marriage itself was "only" described in the Comic. By the way, the first SW one I ever bought [face_blush], but finally it gives us enough room to write about it ourselves I think.

cheers,

VeryBusy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.