main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Asia This place went quiet ...

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by DarthXan318, Jul 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I want to see "King Arthur"...looks good.

We don't drive on the wrong side of the road, its even called the RIGHT side. :p
    However, when I visit England or Sri Lanka, I should probably stay off the road.
    Wouldn't want to drive on the wrong side, even if it is the right side. Confusing heh? :D :p

2. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    Right Pete! The left side of the road can never be ther right side, right? It's obvious the right side is the right side... (oh my, what a lot of "rights"! [face_laugh])

Right... hmm, maybe we should up the social thread, lest this turns into another one... ;)

3. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 27, 2003
    [face_laugh] @ all the RIGHT side jokes. Oh you also drive on the right side, Nina? :confused:

Pete...well, on int the USA do they drive on that side...everywhere else... [face_mischief]

Actually in Sri Lanka it's safe to just enjoy it while someone else is driving. It's a known fact that if you can drive in Sri Lanka, you can drive anywhere. [face_laugh]

Oh and Jean, don't worry about posting here...what i was thinking was upping out other social thread here. :D

Plus with the movie thread there at FF UK, it might be good to give that an up too! :cool:

4. Enji

May 14, 2002
    Yep, we drive on the right side, just like most of Europe (except those weird Brits... :p)

But a long time ago people in Sweden drove on the left side, which was rather problematic every time people had to drive to Denmark, and change side... so in September 1967 we changed. The pics from the day they changed are pretty fun... at a precise time all cars stopped in the whole country, and slowly moved over to the right side, and then they started rolling again... ;)

5. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Apr 27, 2003
    Oh my goodness that's brilliant, Nina! [face_laugh] The mental picture was so cool...and funny too! :D

;) @ the wierd Brits joke. ;) Jean and Matt will have somink to say, I can imagine. [face_laugh]

6. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    I've added my comments in the kent film thread ;)

Oooooh, we have plenty of Swedish jokes Pash, but I can't really post them here because they are too rude (I'm sure Nina knows of what I say) ;)
    But needless to say the tabloids are having a field day right now because of Sven's latest affair :rolleyes:

7. Enji

May 14, 2002
    Hmm, I think I must check and see what the tabloids write... I only know they're writing a lot about Sven's affairs, and my mum sighed a bit over the fact that the French hate Sweden because of som thing I've forgotten now, and now the Brits hate us too... ;)

EDIT: Oh this is just too funny... [face_laugh]

8. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Apr 27, 2003
    Saw the post Matt. :) Heheh, the rude one probably won't work at the JC. ;) But I'll bet they are funny. It might explain the tension at football games! [face_laugh]

My my, just when you think the team has no more scandals, the coach does something! [face_laugh]

Gosh but it's amazing how celebrities never realise they'll get caught! *shakes head* :p

9. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    You know, I was pretty confused for a while, because I have a friend named Matt ... :p

And [face_laugh] @ the article. Gotta love fooling people ... :p

10. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    "at a precise time all cars stopped in the whole country, and slowly moved over to the right side, and then they started rolling again"

Thats terrific, it would have been so much fun to be in a helicopter that day. :D
    And thats actually incredible that it worked.
    Can you imagine if all of America tried to do this. It would never work. :p

11. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    You know, I was pretty confused for a while, because I have a friend named Matt ...

hehehe. [face_love]

Xany, you started a thread? :eek:

Hehehe...I may have to drop by from time to time to annoy you. [face_devil]

12. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    Lord-Tice: "Hi Alex, so what's it like being sister to Pash?? ;) "

I'm not a sister to her. I'm her big forum brother, and she's my little sister! :p Don't go switching my words around as to trap me...meanie! :(

13. Enji

May 14, 2002
    Awww schucks... would have been much more fun if you tried to be her sister... ;)

*nags Alex to go post in The Social Party* :p

14. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    [face_blush] Sorry Alex, I should have thought about what I was typing more. What I wanted to say was: What's it like having Pash for a sister? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.