main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Thoughts about a new villain

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by sashlon1138, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Yes the main enemy in the movies will always be the sith, this will also be the case of the new movies.STAR WARS movies without Jedi vs sith and lightsaber duals is not STAR WARS and very boring.
    Most fans want the sith to always be the force fighting the jedi.Blasters and mandaloriand gets old fast, just look at all the six movies, the saber fights are always the highlights.I know there is a tiny %
    of people on this forum who dont want the sith back, but you guys are living in a dream world, a dream world with boring dreams. I mean just imagin a star wars movie with no duals lols ! most fans would be sick
    and hate the movie.Look at Grievous
    , the only reason that character is actually awesome is because he wields lightsabers. Jedi doing nothing but deflecting blasters in the movies would get old after about 30 minutes.

But when it comes to a new Sith lord i would like to see the rule of two gone, it did died with Sidious.I want huge saber battles with of course a few jedi and sith better then everybody else.Maybe get a comeback from the sith purebloods.Also i would like to see a female Empress, that would be cool.

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I would love to see a female villain as well. It would be something that the SW saga hasn't really done yet.

ThatWanFromStewjon likes this.
  3. Darth Swede

Darth Swede Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 4, 2012
    I wholeheartedly agree with you sir. Palpatine, Darth Vader, Tarkin, Boba Fett, Jabba the Hutt, Darth Maul, Count Dooku... all the main villains have been male. It's definately time for a female villain. Either an older matriarch, like a crime-boss or senior politician (think Judi Dench), or a younger, kick-ass warrior (a twi-lek dark jedi or something).

4. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Can we please stop assuming that ALL darksiders are Sith?

5. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Whatever they come up with, I hope it isn't any more friggin cyborgs.

6. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    I was just about to post that. :)

If the villain a human, I vote for Rebecca Hall.

7. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Not in the movies, anyway, though they came close. But TCW has Asajj Ventress.

8. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    *ahem* the official saga that most people are going to go see [face_whistling]
    Kinda kidding.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  9. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Ventress is good, the EU certainly has some good female villains that could be used in movies.

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  11. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    What about the initial plot is a Jedi war on Drugs/terror.. Fight Drug Cartels and Terrorists, since the Republic is now "the Man" and having to defend itself from others...

12. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Make the villain a pirate. Everyone loves pirates.
    Aaaar

13. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    How about a whole group of Sith Lords with Vader-like armor?

Dra--- likes this.
  14. Digladio

Digladio Jedi Master star 3

Jan 7, 2003
    After reading page after page of internet speculation on who the new villain/s might be and writing those potential ideas down in a list, I've come up with a final analysis that should hopefully categorize and maybe clear up future discussions on the topic. In the end, every single potential Star Wars villain falls into one of two categories, and one of four subgroups. Whoever Lucasfilm/Disney picks to be the villain must fall into one of these categories as well:

1) Force Users
    This first group is pretty cut and dry. You either have Jedi-based Force users or non-Jedi-based Force users.
    1a) Jedi-based Force users: this subgroup would include your Sith and Dark Jedi. Basically anyone who swings a lightsaber and uses traditional Force powers, such as mind tricks, chokes, pushes, lightning, Sith Sorcery, etc. Characters such as Ventress and Savage Opress would fall into this category as well. They may not be true Sith or Dark Jedi, but their abilities fall in line with those factions, which are in turn based upon the Jedi.​
    1b) Non-Jedi-based Force users: this subgroup would include factions such as the Nightsisters, or individual characters, such as Son, who don't subscribe to any Jedi or Sith-based ideaology, yet still use the Force. There's pretty good potential for this category, because it allows for more original uses of the Force (the Nightsister's magic, for example), and more original characters in general. You could even put some kind of dark side god, or the dark side itself in this category.​

2) Non-Force Users
    This is obviously a far broader group, but if you whittle it down, you start to see a pattern emerge which takes the shape of two vague, yet semi-separate subgroups.
    2a) Warriors, Soldiers, and Tacticians: this would be your stormtroopers, Mandalorians, battledroids, etc. I would even put the Yuuzhan Vong in this category. Basically, these are your armies (or in some cases, cannon fodder) or militaristic factions which usually serve some higher cause. Individual characters in this category would include Greivous, Tarkin, and Thrawn.​
    2b) Criminals: characters such as Jabba and Xizor would fit into this subgroup, along with organizations such as Black Sun and slavers, space pirates, etc. Entries into this category don't necessarily have to be criminals in the traditional sense, just as long as they're non-Force users that are up to no good.​

In the end, I coud find no other types of villain that aren't covered by these two groups and four subgroups. It's interesting to note that the only group the six films haven't touched upon previously is 1b. If you want to be original, that may be the best way to go. Food for thought...

Episode Swag likes this.
  15. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I think we need a female villain stronger than Palpatine.. I think somebody like Abeloth who was kinda destroyed but not really destroyed (I don't know) and it could really work with the TCW and end of FotJ. Just something like that I guess. I don't make sense I think, I'm tired.

16. Digladio

Digladio Jedi Master star 3

Jan 7, 2003
    Abeloth is a class 1b villain. ;)

17. Figrin D'aniel

Figrin D'aniel Jedi Master star 2

Jan 12, 2013
    On the one hand I feel like having another Sith villain would be redundant since there has been a Sith villain in all 6 movies so far but on the other hand, the chances of lightsaber battles would significantly decrease if there wasn't one.

18. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Basically... They could be 1 of 4 types... Meaning it could be anyone...

19. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Yes, on the Sith returning.

Before the ST was planned, it may have been that the force was balanced. But nothing stays in balance forever.

In a nine episode narrative, it would be odd for the final three to be the only ones with nothing relevant to the Sith.

Personally, I think the ST would be a great opportunity to understand the prophecy thing a little better, perhaps even seeing Anakin again doing spiritual battle in another dimension (I believe GL's original outline had a spiritual war/aspect in the ST with Luke).

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  20. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    As I've written in other threads, I don't see how the Emperor wouldn't have had clones of himself or Vader ready to go in case of their demise. The technology has been there for decades. In this universe, not having ready-made clones would be surprising.

Similarly, Palps and Vader both probably would have had their eyes on apprentices prior to discovering Luke. These guys had the ability to search the entire galaxy for force users. It strains credibility to think they wouldn't have started their own side projects, just in case of disaster.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  21. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    No Sith or Dark Jedi would be so unlike Star Wars, so it's important that they exist in the ST.

And yes, this is a good way to help explain the whole Jedi Prophecy thing more clearly, especially the crap with how, why and what the balance of the Force thing really means to the Jedi's abilities.

Dra--- likes this.
  22. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    That's why I liked the Thrawn and Dark Empire storylines. There we see the Emperor not only finding and keeping his own Force Borns, but also cloning others and himself to safeguard his future. It would make sense that he would, and that he could, too.

Dra--- likes this.
  23. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I never liked the Palpy clone thing, but the Plagiues books lend to the belief of Palps doing it, so I can buy it

Dra--- likes this.
  24. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    A new Force Sect, Mandolorians, rogue Imperial Warlords with guards that are Force sensitive or a threat Palpatine foresaw and was making an effort to stop before the Rebels killed him.

25. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

No, no, no.