main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Thoughts on ROTS (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by soneil, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sithmastersimon

sithmastersimon Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    Back on the supershadow thing, I've been going to that site for quite a while now, not coz I actually think anything that the guy writes is in any way credible, but it's always a good laugh to see these tools of nature write in and speak to him like a God, not to mention the bloody ambiguous questions that kept getting asked.

Now about ROTS

I saw it for the third time on Sunday, and yes.....it does get better every time. Like most other people who went to the midnight session, it was a little too overwhelming especially after being in line for over 9 hours and having little sleep, however I didnt mind it too much the first time.

The second time....well that was a different story. Took my two younger cousins with me (who are kinda like my padawans) and I found it a lot more emotional and striking this time around. The battle above coruscant was outstanding!

The third time...yep once again great to see it especially when you know which scene is coming up and you get to savour it and take it all in......it's also great to get the most of this film on the big screen, I regret not going to see PM and ATOC more times at the cinema.

Anyway I finally convinced my girlfriend to come with me to see it this saturday, lets hope I can turn her into a fan

2. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    sithmastersimon posted on 5/26/05 7:44am
    Anyway I finally convinced my girlfriend to come with me to see it this saturday, lets hope I can turn her into a fan
    [hr][/blockquote]

I think out of any of the new ones, this will possibly be the one to turn non-fans into fans. Granted I've only been to see it once, but I did enjoy it more than the others. Maybe that's because the bad guys win (Ok, I know they don't really, but let me live in hope!) and that's always good for me. :)

3. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    I agree, people will probably realise how tragic the story is: It's like a Greek tragedy really, it's just set in a fantasy world. It's not a science fiction story. It's kind of like Oedipus in that the Prophecy foretold is fulfilled despite everything that happens to either stop it from coming true, or to ensure that it is fulfilled.

Wow that was deep. I think i'll watch a Police Academy movie to balance myself out!

And sithmaster simon: Good on ya mate! spread the Gospel of star wars to new believers like some insane mission worker nun! I hope your g/friend enjoys it and is inspired to expolore deeper into the holy trilogy.

4. sithmastersimon

Apr 17, 2005
    SUCCESS!

Yes she enjoyed it and has agreed to watch the other 5 episodes (in order of course) with myself

It was kinda funny having to answer questions of hers every 5 seconds such as; what are the seperatists? is that Earth? (when seeing scenes in Coruscant) and; Why can't anyone know Anakin is married to Padme?

I think the classic comment of the night however was; Oh....I think that Palpatine might be a bad guy! Classic stuff :p

Thanks for your support as well guys, it has truly paid off...now I have converted another

(by the way I think I may have a problem....I'm addicted to this movie, I'm seriously considering seeing it at least four more times while it's at cinemas)

5. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

May 23, 2005
    YAY! PRAISE THE LORD!

Good on ya dude.

You've converted another soul.

may she forver buy toys, lunchboxes and other assorted star wars crap, and be one with the force!

6. Darth_Soup

Darth_Soup Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE posted on 5/28/05 9:32pm

may she forver buy toys, lunchboxes and other assorted star wars crap, and be one with the force!
    [hr][/blockquote]

Ahh, yes the force....... also known as merchandising [face_raised_brow]

7. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

May 23, 2005
    It's bad with new product available now. I've wasted way too much money.

But I feel nice and warm in my revenge of the sith doona.

hmmmmmmmm.... merchandise!

8. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I think the only merchandise I have is the novel and the soundtrack for RotS.

And I call myself a fan ! What a disgrace.

9. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    Yes she enjoyed it and has agreed to watch the other 5 episodes (in order of course) with myself

Good work mate :)
    I forced my gf to watch 1 and 2, she enjoyed ROTS and even suggested seeing it a second time with me, which we did the other day.
    So looks like I am slowely converting her to the sw-side.
    poor girl.

10. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

May 23, 2005
    It's good. I had it easy- my lady was a hardcore fan to begin with so all the hard work was done :)

I'm all shook up!

11. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    What else is she hardcore at?

12. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

May 23, 2005
    What isn't she hardcore at?

I'll get her to join the boards so you can meet her.

13. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    My other half has no interest whatsoever in Star Wars, which actually works really well for me.

She knew I was a hardcore fan from the day she met me so she has not tried to stop me from doing anything or buying anything Star Wars related, so thats a good thing.

She was going to come to Fox for RotS, but that was more so she could go to Sydney than for the movie.

14. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

May 23, 2005
    As long as she let's you do your thing!

15. sithmastersimon

Apr 17, 2005
    Yes I'm quite ashamed though, I hid my star wars fanaticism (is that a word? geez and Im gonna be an english teacher) from my girl for about a year after we started dating. Mostly on the pretense that she would think of the term "nerd" which I kinda am anyway.

Thankfully I was able to raise the dark shadow of the force which clouded her judgement and at last reveal myself to the galaxy.

She's quite a 'girly girl' so shes not really into anything I am but its great to see she has taken warmly to something that is a massive part of my life

I am sooooo sad!

16. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

May 23, 2005
    Ohhhh, rainy face, come and let the sunshine out!

It's okay!

I used to get dumped within two weeks by girls, and I suspect it was because at that stage they'd seen my Room covered in posters and toys...

The Horror, the horror!

17. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    And this is why I'm with a girl I met on here...

18. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

May 23, 2005
    Good Work matie.

I agree it's good to have a star wars tolerant/ fanatic girlfriend, but hey if she's nice and you like her, who gives an expletive deleted, anyway?

19. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    That's also true, but it makes it a lot easier to go to sci-fi convention for instance if she's going to have as good a time as you ;)

20. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

May 23, 2005
    Well, you can't have'em all dude!

21. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    I like to think of myself as a pretty decent other half. I'm no SW fan, yet here I am. I made a bunch of friends on here and have worked on 2 fan films. All coz my other half is a geek.

22. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    Yeah, I always forget you're not a StarWars fan.
    Well for someone who dosn't like it, you certainly know your **** about it. :)

23. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Well for someone who dosn't like it, you certainly know your **** about it.

In much the same way any parent can tell you all you want to know about Thomas the Tank Engine....

24. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I'm glad I'm not at that stage yet.

Soneil probably knows Thomas back to front though.

25. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

May 23, 2005
    Indeed.

You're a pretty decent other half, F_A. You look after your boy. If there were only more people like you in the world!!

Good on ya tiger!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.