main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Thurs 30 Jun Woodlands Library

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by JediJean, Jun 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Healer

Jedi_Healer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2005
    Hey people..I won't be able to make it tonight... =( Have fun ya!

2. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    OK... we will! :)

Here's the updated list of attendees for tonite's event:

1. JaZzYjaZZ
    2. Hobbes, sithy sith
    3. Crovus (ROTJ Tatooine Luke) (anyone playing Mara Jade?! =p!)
    4. Faiz, Obi-Wan Kenobi
    5. Darth_Eagle, donno what costume
    6. JediJean (Minder... as usual)
    7. Y(azid)oung_skywalker
    8. GetzJedi (TIE Fighter Pilot)

Anyone else coming??

P/S:
    Yazid, pls take extra special care of my Luke Fx too... don't want it damaged or broken... just collected it yesterday and haven't even touched it myself! :eek:

3. CoOLv1rus

CoOLv1rus Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2003
    so how was it!!!

4. martianlightsaber

martianlightsaber Jedi Youngling

Nov 24, 2004
    It was so cool! (imo) I have some video footage of all you costumed peeps as well as some of the talk. Will try to find some time to upload short clips over the weekend... As I was leaving the auditorium i think it was someone from the library who suggested that if i managed to get any good clips to send to them but how and who?

[edit]Clare, I am eternally grateful for your marker!!![/edit]

5. DarthCrovus

DarthCrovus Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2005
    Martinlightsaber was there? Which one was you?
    Sorrry quite stoned tonight after two events in two nights.

6. martianlightsaber

Nov 24, 2004
    Haha I was videotaping you guys, standing next to JediClare and was in school u. So easy to blend into a library right? Sorry I didn't intro myself, but it seemed somewhat extra especially since I only came at around 6.45pm.

7. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    martianlightsaber - Saw you around, but who's the other girl with you? Next time have to introduce yourself to everyone. :)

8. martianlightsaber

Nov 24, 2004
    That was Clare's friend Xin Ting (sp?)

9. DarthCrovus

Apr 3, 2005
    Hahahah here it is guys, the Catch of the Night! Be Jealous, be VERY jealous! =p

[image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/DarthCrovus/MissionPatch.jpg]

[image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/DarthCrovus/Image200.jpg]

For those who don't know, that's a mission patch (United States Microgravity Laboratory, find out more about it here http://liftoff.msfc.nasa.gov/Shuttle/USML2/welcome.html ) that was given to those in costume by the lady astronaut at the library. It's so darn cool.

Nice to find a blue jumpsuit to sew it on to. Oh wait! My Navy jumpsuit! MUAHAHAHAH!

10. hobbes00

hobbes00 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2005
    yea.. cool ^_^

11. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    martian's a girl? =\
    man, i really need to keep tabs on who's who -.-"

i keep thinking some of the guys are girls, and girls are guys -.-"

12. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Haahaaa, for those who never met me, I'm a guy who have a kinky for wearing Arwen and Padme Costumes isn't it? [face_thinking] [face_laugh]

Enjoy myself today and a BIG THANK YOU to JediJean for arranging this and also for the people from the Woodlands Library. =D= Also a BIG THANK YOU for those who came down regardless of in costumes or not. :*

Okay, let the photos flows in! ;)

13. hobbes00

May 11, 2005
    flow flow flow!!!

14. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    martian - You're welcome :p

Yep that was my friend Xin Ting, also a big SW fan.

Wish I could've joined you guys for the talk. How did it go?

My photos are here. Let me know if you want any full-size pics. martianlightsaber's in woodlands023.jpg, on the left. :)

15. hobbes00

May 11, 2005
    WOOHOOOOO PICTURES!!!!! aweeesome... love u guys :)
    ted too.. wheres ur picturessss

16. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Sorry haven't been working on the photos. JediClare - What's the largest possible file size for each pic at Photobucket?

17. DarthCrovus

Apr 3, 2005
    Hey Ted, can upload your photos, to your mac (if you're bringing it tomz) or at least your cam and cable so I can upload into mine and burn for those attending.

HAHAHAHA and Yazid, so much for my "off to see the wizard" picture ay? Check your own "off to see the wizard" picture at Clare's album. The 7th pic, woodlands007.jpg

and Jean, what is HE doing here ah? woodlands012.jpg (the 10th pic) LOL! Looks like he's bashing you. =p

Last pic look like Getz got beheaded or something sia. Scary.

Thanks Clare, great pics. =) You coming tomorrow to meet us? Can burn into CD?

18. hobbes00

May 11, 2005
    /me cheer ted

19. GetzJedi

GetzJedi Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 21, 2005
    Alamak... JediClare... Didn't know that was you... Was wondering why that schoolgirl was so interested in us... School project or something... *slap forehead*

Anyway, thanks for sharing the pictures... Nicely taken...

20. hobbes00

May 11, 2005
    hey, where are the picture taken by the offical' photographer.. any chance of getting hold of them?

21. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    Will check with our contact person about the official photos, and will keep you guyz posted :)

22. hobbes00

May 11, 2005
    oo yah also i want libary card too =X

23. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    Hi guyz,

Apparently, Woodlands Library was pretty happy with us and what we did for them on 30 Jun :)

I just got this email from them this morning, and here are the more important parts of it...

Hi Jeanette,

Thank you very much for arranging for your Star Wars Fan Club members to make a special appearance at the Woodlands Regional LIbrary.

I have received many positive compliments about your Star Wars members and they certainly created a lot of buzz at the library! To quote my boss - "The Star Wars gang was fantastic too - u shd see their grand finale outside the library - all in all everyone was happy with the outcome! "

I hope that you and your team had a great time with the astronaut too! :)

Thank you.

For those of you who would like to read more about the event on 30 Jun, below are some pics and write-up of the event, as provided by our friendly librarian:

http://ramblinglibrarian.blogspot.com/2005/06/what-i-learnt-from-glass-artist-and.html

As for the photos taken by their official photographer, they will be passing me a set of the photos burned onto a CD, and I'm expecting to receive it only some time next week.

24. DarthCrovus

Apr 3, 2005
    heh, that's what you get when you get Jedi Masters =) (and Sith Lords, and TIE Fighter Pilots, and minders, and ....) [face_rofl]

Hmmm I like that quote "These guys sure know how to strike a pose" HAHAHA maybe David and I should give Xeno and Yazid a run for their money as Poster Boys. =p!! Just Kidding.

25. hobbes00

May 11, 2005
    I really had great fun! Love cosplaying with every single one of you! Even Ted and Jean!

Rawk on guys!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.