main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tie Pilot/501st costume thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Anrev_the_Jedi, Jan 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    I am going to start a thread for our Tie Pilot costuming needs.
    Everything related to this should be posted here. I will post some useful links and forums to help us make this happen. As I stated earilier, I have bought a helmet. It is going to get here on the 4th. I cant wait. This is going to be fun.

2. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    Ebay auctions for Helmets:

1) ENDS TODAY!!!
    2) Ends Tonite
    3) Buy now $69
    4) Nother 1

*Note this is NOT advertising for the items. This is a list to help ppl on this board who are trying to make a Tie Fighter Pilot costume. I am NOT selling any of these items.

*Note. Dont know why the mark up codes arnt working.

3. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    ((Judge Mills Lane voice))
    "I'll allow it!"
    [image=http://nevadaday.com/images/lane.jpg]

As I told Brett on the phone, this might be a good place to compare notes on our TIE pilot costumes. Of course, the TOS rules about advertising must still be followed (but I don't see that as a problem for us)

4. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    hehe thats funny. Thanks Krash.

On a side note. I have officially been accepted into the 501st Jolley Roger Squadron. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TIEFIGHTERS/
    & http://www.tiepilots.net

5. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Here's another great forum that offers helmet and armor tutorials.

6. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    Thanks.
    Here is a nice cheap flight suit.
    Flight suit = http://www.uscav.com/shop/uscitemdetail.asp?stk_code=WA6440

7. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    If you don't mind my asking Anrev, how much did your helmet cost? I've thought of doing a TIE Pilot costume myself someday and was a little curious.

8. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    $61 on Ebay

9. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    $61!!! That's a steal and a half! Every once and a blue moon I click around eBay to see what SW stuff is available and whenever I saw a TIE Pilot helmet they would easily sell for between $100-200. Nice pickup!!!

10. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Hehe, my Don Post Vader was $37.

Anyone know about any other Vader costume stuff I could get? If possible I'd like to "make" as little of it as I can, and just assemble finished parts to it. (i.e. his breathing control box)

I've also been looking for a cheap jump suit for a while now, if anyone has any information about that, that'd also be helpful.

11. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    Those expensive helmets are the Delux versions. Some have the armor too. We are getting the cheaper Rubies version. They take a little work to whip them into shape but will look great when done.

12. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    Okay, since we're talking about costumes other than just the tie fighters, I figured I'd throw my 2cents in. ;)

I just went to a thrift shop around the corner from me today and picked up the pants that I was going to look for ($3) and a whole leather jacket that I'm going to rip apart and sew into parts for my costume ($2.50!!!)

So if you have things like that that you need, you might want to check into it. ;)

I also happened to find the material I need for my costume on sale at Jo-Ann's. This thing is starting to come together! I"m sooo excited!!! :D

13. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
  14. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Nice find Kim!

15. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    This was a find too. Clickie
    I'm going to get the full kit for $80.

Well I was. I just talked to Ram-Dac the Ohio 501st CO. He said this guy is a rip off. Too over priced. So I'll stick with plan A and make everything my self.

16. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Welcome to the dangers of costuming over the internet...alot of dishonest people out there. Emily got burned by someone from Dathomir Designs (don't go to her website)...and she's about to be informed that we're contacting BBB about her.

There's alot of good information about all kinds of costuming on the TFN Costuming boards

17. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    OK Roll Call!
    Anrev
    Krash
    Reborn
    Padawan92

Anyone else?

18. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    While not a TIE pilot, if I can find more stuff for my Vader costume, I'd be more than glad to "lead"/"command" you, hehe.

JKOC TIE Unit
    Anrev
    Krash
    Reborn
    Padawan92

Lord Vader?
    Random?

19. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I'd be more than glad to "lead"/"command" you
    Eric...last time Vader tried to "lead" a group of TIE pilots, do you know what happened?

[image=http://www.starwars.jp/machine/image/death_star.jpg]
    BOOM! ;) No offense...but I think we're fine without a Vader.

20. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Of course I know what happened. The numbskulls screwed everything up, and Vader was the only one who survived. ;)

21. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    I'll tell you what was told to us. The costume must be complete and Very accurate and of high quality (IE movie quality) to be accepted into the 501st. And just because your Vader dosnt mean your in charge. The leader is voted in like here according to the 501st Charter.

22. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Picked up a Vader FX lightsaber today, a turtleneck and jogging pants (I plan on covering these with either some leather I find, or black vinyl), and some nice material for a cape. However, I don't have a sewing machine, or know how to sew. Bret, I know you did an awesome job with the RoP cloaks; I was wondering if you could possibly help me make my cape. I also got an outlet plate cover which I will modify to make Vader's belt buckle.

23. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    Sure man. I'll help when I can no prob.

24. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    No offense...but I think we're fine without a Vader.

Hey hey hey, I think we need a Vader. I'm too young to build a DV suit(because I'll grow out of it in a week) so somebody should have 1. That's why I'm getting a Jedi costume now, easier to make if I grow alot.

25. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I think this is going to be cool...I always wanted to be a Imperial at heart! :D

...I don't think we need a Vader now, at least not Eric as one, then again remember what happen to all who followed Vader... :D ...I'll take my chances with just the squad!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.