main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Time and Again (Obi/Qui/Ani/Xani) [Post 84 April 11] (Completed!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Aunecah_Skywalker, Feb 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    ---

Date Begun: 02-15-03
    Date Ended:
    Style: //?// = conversations through the Force. Italics indicate thoughts or dreams. \?\ = Force speaking to the Jedi (usually Obi-Wan).
    Dramatis Personae: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn, Xanatos Crion, Anakin Skywalker.
    Author's Note: I've been thinking about this story for a long time now, but I thought it was melodramatic and strange to actually start writing it. I still don't have a definitive plotline, but inspiration struck me and I could only follow where it lead me. I most definitely won't be updating this daily. Hopefully, the posts will be long enough to make up for it. I'll post the first chapter today and see how it is received and then decide whether or not to continue this.
    Disclaimer: As usual, I'm making no profit from this story other than (possibly, hopefully) feedback. This is all Uncle George's playground, and I'm only playing.
    Acknowledgements: This is all CYN 's fault. I read her story One Door Closes yesterday and couldn't stop myself from running to my handy-dandy computer and start typing. Anyway, I think I've said enough. Here's the first part of the chapter. Hope you enjoy it. :)

Aunecah
    ---

Time and Again
    By Aunecah_Skywalker

Chapter One ? A Lost Home
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The satchel in his hands suddenly heavy, Obi-Wan Kenobi stepped down the ramp onto the docking bay, whose smooth metal was glinting gray in the twilight. So many years had passed since he had last set foot on Coruscant, but the cityworld hadn't changed in the least. The twilights were as magnificent as they had always been, the large crescent of the setting sun bringing the skies alive in a fiery red that stood a startling contrast against the little specks of gray that arced in smooth pathways like shooting stars. Coruscant was an unlikely home, something that he would have traded happily for any number of planets that he had gone to on his missions. He hadn't realized how much Coruscant meant to him until he had been forced away from it.

"You're blocking the path," a cultured voice trained to be angry said behind him. "Get moving, Kenobi. I haven't gotten all day."

"I'm sorry, Master," Obi-Wan apologized, quickly moving out of the way.

Jedi Master Sadin Caninblat stepped off the ramp, eyeing Obi-Wan with intense loathing, an emotion he reserved especially when talking to Obi-Wan. In the ten years that Obi-Wan had spent with Master Sadin, he had hoped that he would be able to win the Master's heart, show him that, despite contrary belief, he was worth something more than dirt. He should have known better than to want to please a Master who had been sent to Ugesa.

"'Sorry'?" The word sounded like a curse coming from Master Sadin's mouth, and Obi-Wan, who could see a long painful lecture coming his way, gazed down at the metallic floor, watching the sun being reflected into a million shades of red. "Tell me, Obi-Wan, are you really so obtuse or were you born stupid? You do terrible things, keep coming in people's way, and expect everybody to forget what you are by saying 'sorry'? Must applaud you for your logic."

"I don't expect anything, Master," Obi-Wan said slowly, raising his eyes to meet Master Sadin's, his voice a low whimper. "It was a rhetorical statement, just a polite gesture ? "

"Silence." The word was all but bellowed into Obi-Wan's face, and the boy fell silent almost instantly, his gaze shifting to his hands and the satchel that they held.

"The Council expects results. I will not tolerate any insolence from you. Do I have to make myself clear?"

Obi-Wan shook his head. "No, Master."

"Keep in mind, Kenobi, if the Council has but a single comment to make about your attitude, you'll be wishing you were never even born." As a threat, it achieved exactly what it was supposed to. Obi-Wan nodded mutely, clutching his satchel even closer.

Maste

2. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Wow. This story gripped me in a way that a story hasn't done in a long time, Aunecah. I await the next chapter! :)

THEFALLEN

3. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    :) That looks really good! I wonder what happened between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon...
    I'm looking forward to reading more!

4. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    This is really good...Please Continue.

So many questions to be answered as this unfolds.

More soon!

~Bek

5. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    This looks really interesting. Sounds like Obi-Wan's had a hard life with his master - I think that's a understatement. I'd like to see what happens next, and what Qui-Gon, Anakin, and Xanatos' lives are like. :D

6. Nicky

Nicky Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2002
    I definitely need more of this story! So many questions to be answered...

Nicky

7. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    TheFallen : Wow. Thanks.

Nat : That really is the real question, isn't it? [face_devil]All shall be revealed in due time.

Bekah_K : Thanks. :)

Cas : I want to see what their lives are like as well. I have a rough idea of where this is headed, but I haven't written down a definitive plotline. I hope it's going to be okay. ;)

Nicky : You should really look at it from my POV - so many questions to be answered and revealed 8-}

Thanks guys. I wasn't sure about this 'fic at all. I thought I was way in over my head posting it.

Aunecah

8. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    You have left me with lots of questions- so hurry up and post more :)

9. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Kitara : I'll go and try to get something up today, then. :D Can't make any promises, though. I hope to post the rest of the chapter today - and yes, it's going to be a Qui post. Of course. [face_shocked] And as a result, it's going to be tough to write - more's going on than what seems to be - and I have to get Qui right in this.

Aunecah

10. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    You know, of course, that I have no time to get hooked on another fic. You know that - soooooo, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE, you evil thing?

And where's the next post, already?

CYN

11. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Cyn : Mwahahahahahaha. [face_devil] For once, when readers say that I'm evil, I truly believe them. [face_shocked] And, your will is my command, m'lady. *bows*

Here's the next post - don't ask me how I manage to write four pages without really saying anything. It's just one of those maddening things that's happening to me as of late.

Aunecah

~*~*~*~

There was something different about Coruscant that night. Qui-Gon Jinn could feel it in his very soul that something that had been amiss was now back where it belonged or the other way around. He forced himself to relax lest his young apprentice, Anakin Skywalker, should feel his apprehension, and leaned back against the copilot chair. He usually let Anakin do the flying, considering how he was always jumping up and down with inexhaustible energy. From here, in the outer space, Coruscant looked exactly like it always had. The individual constituents of the air- and- space-traffic were ever-changing, of course, but the overall perception of the traffic remained constant. The planet was a hunk of black patterned with intricate golden arcs that crisscrossed a thousand times in what appeared, from here, to be nothing more than a meter but actually might as well be, in the reality that wasn't distorted by distance, hundreds or even thousands of kilometers.

To the eye, Coruscant was entirely same. In the Force, Coruscant was on the opposite pole. Something that had been amiss - a great gaping hole that swallowed everyone upon entry - was filled, or vice versa. One could never be sure with the Force as it was riddled with contradictions and vague references that could be interpreted several different ways. Except sometimes, when it was deliberately crystal-clear in showing what it wanted to be showed, disguising the truth in no way except to those who refused to believe anything that they predetermined to be wrong, impossible. Something had gone from wrong to right today, and while the process hadn't been completed, it was getting there. Hopefully.

"Master?" Anakin was looking at him with a raised eyebrow. "Are you all right?"

"I'm fine, Anakin," Qui-Gon responded. It wasn't as if he were lying - exactly. He was fine - just uncertain.

"You looked lost for a moment there," Anakin persisted.

Couldn't he feel it? "I'm merely listening to the Force. Please continue to the Temple."

Anakin threw him one final unsatisfied glance before turning back to stare at Coruscant that was growing in size incredibly quickly as they approached the planet.

It took them no less than twenty minutes to navigate down a meandering pathway that jumped up and down from and to several different levels of the airlanes and finally arrive at the docking bay of the Jedi Temple - at one of the several hundred docking bays of the Jedi Temple. He was, naturally, surprised when he saw another ship already sitting comfortably on the docking bay, occupying almost one half of the docking bay to the outside. Anakin landed the ship on the inside with perfect ease. And then he was on his feet before the ship even fully touched down, having pulled off his safety-strap with the Force.

Qui-Gon rose wearily and followed Anakin out of the cockpit and down the ramp he had extended, struck by the intense disquiet in him.

Something WAS wrong - or right - or maybe, merely, different, changed.

At the end of the ramp, Anakin turned around and asked in his thirteen-year-old jaunting voice, "Can I join Rina and Rig in the mess hall, Master? They're waiting."

Anakin raised an almost guilty eyebrow that was weighed down slightly by a knowledge that his request - would - be - denied. Qui-Gon, however, was lost in thought - in memories - and Anakin constructed his silence to mean "no."

"It's not as if I add anything to your report to the Council. And you know that a Padawan is not obligated to stand by his Master until he is more older. Just this once?"

"Please, Master?" The boy was thirteen and he was beautiful enough to be an angel's son. Rich, brown hai

12. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Poor Obi!!! Okay, you've got me hooked (once again)

MORE!!

13. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    oh my!

** froggy dangling on a hook **

MORE!

14. CYNICAL21

Jul 8, 2001
    I swear, Aunecah if you indicate that we have to wait until Post # 432 to find out just WHAT the kid could possibly have done to justify this kind of barbaric action by both Council and Bratikin's Master, I'm going to sic the cyber-hounds on you! It is INHUMAN to keep us hanging!!!

Good job at baiting the hook!

CYN

15. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Why is it that everything I've read today ends with a cliff!!??

[face_frustrated] I don't want to wait to know what exactly happened to my poor Obi!

*camps out on thread*

*ends up camping out on board*

16. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Arwen : Welcome aboard. :)

Paddy_Juan : It took me long enough to figure out exactly who is being referenced to by the name 'froggy.'

Cyn : I swear, Cyn ,if I indicate that you DON'T have to wait until Post # 432 to find out just WHAT the kid could possibly have done to justify this kind of barbaric action by both Council and Bratikin's Master, I'm going to let you sic the cyber-hounds on me! [face_devil] 8-} No, honestly, I couldn't tell you it sooner even if I wanted to.

J_K_H : I guess everybody's sick and tired of the pink. For myself, I'm sick and tired of calculus homework. I love math, but there come some times when doing some seventy integral problems the whole week and having to do thirty more in the weekend is just NOT very pleasant. And since I'm miserable, I figured I could make my readers miserable as well.

And NO - I'm NOT going to let any feedback make me post on this story everyday. Not if you try to coax me into it with 25 replies. [face_plain]

Aunecah

17. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jun 6, 2002
    What about 26 replies and an agreement on calc( I have derivatives calling my name right now)?

18. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    If this story is in page 2 by the time I check back in an hour or so and if somebody agrees to do my homework for me for Wednesday, then I'm going be very, very, very, very pleased and might break my promise. [face_mischief]

Aunecah

19. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jun 6, 2002
    I can do your homework :) maybe

20. CYNICAL21

Jul 8, 2001
    Unfortunately, any attempt I might make at calculus homework would be a total disaster. I passed math - in all its lovely configurations - with flying colors in college; then promptly did my very best to forget it all.

Trust me - I never learned anything that a good calculator can't do better and faster. [face_mischief]

One of these days, I'm going to sit down at my keyboard and deliberately devise the cliffhanger to end all cliffhangers - and I'm going to post it - and sit back and watch the fireworks! It's inhuman, I tell you. :D

It wouldn't matter so much, if the hook weren't so effective!!!!!

CYN

21. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Froggy drops to her knees, genuflecting in awe-inspired worship.

"All hale her evilness the great Cynical! For without her, what shining example of cliffhangingness would all the other authors on the boards be following?"

And A_S, you are definitely reading her Evil Author's Handbook most closely, aren't you?

22. CYNICAL21

Jul 8, 2001
    OK, OK - I concede. I DO write cliffies - occasionally!!! But I don't leave you hanging - forever. Do I? If so, you may just shoot me now. :D

OK - we have to be getting close to Page 2. Now all we need is a math whiz! Anyone?

Oh, and since I haven't said it lately - IT'S STILL ENTIRELY TOO PINK!!! IN HERE.

CYN

23. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Yes, froggy dear, it is entirely Cyn's fault that I am leaving the cliff here today. Because I'm sick of Internet stopping working everytime I try to hit the PM message, I'll just say it in here (Cyn):

AUF - end of Chapter Twenty-five. If you let anything happen to my Obi-Wan, I'm surely going to kill you. [face_plain]

And ff.net is being a pain in the neck. :(

Yes, I'm surprised by the fact that we look somewhere close to 25. [face_shocked] This means I have to start writing the post soon, doesn't it? I dread writing Council briefings or anything that has to do with Council. Damn. I didn't think we would get to 25 so fast. Why should I be proven wrong? Now, of all times? *teeters between walking back to her computer and finishing uploading her story at ff.net*

EDIT: I knew I was forgetting something. I asked a Mod and have been told that it should be gone fairly soon since Valentine's day is .... dead.

And yes, I just read that NATO isn't going to be fractured after all - well, it's at least out from the fire and into the frying pan.

Aunecah

24. CYNICAL21

Jul 8, 2001
    Aunecah - you've still got more than a dozen chaps. to go. Now would I let anything happen to him at this stage of the game? Would I?

Mwahahahahaha! The shoe is now officially on the other foot!!!

And I still can NOT wait to find out about Obi-Wan's unforgiveable sin! What could such an angel possibly . . . . OK - you're obviously not going to explain it until you're ready. But bear this in mind, all ye who stoop to Sithly torture: What goes around - comes around. And if you wonder if that might be a threat - stop wondering! [face_mischief]

CYN

25. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Unfortunately, I've weeped the whole plot - at least part of it, anyway - onto the boards already. [face_shocked] If you're really that desperate, you might as well, um, check every single message I wrote and hope that you can tell a plot from a deliberate misgiving. [face_devil]

I was talking about you doing anything to him further down the way, btw.

And no, my posts don't count toward the 25 posts that I demanded, but I got a feeling that I'm going to be forced to post tomorrow anywhere. I mean - there were at least four other people who responded to the first post who still haven't posted a reply to the second one - though you never know if they just wished me bye-bye into lurkdom.

EDIT: I, officially, for the thousandth time, am proclaiming that it isn't good to try to post coherent replies when your mind clearly is being bogged down in a ditch by ff.net. Anyway, what I meant to say in the reply, Cyn , and ended up not saying because of some internal errors in the ff.net, is that the Jedi have all gone completely mad. Even Master Yoda. [face_plain] Well, the latter is disputable. I was - erm - angry with the Jedi when I first got this idea, and that was, erm, when I was feeling terribly sorry for Obi-Wan. So, erm, I, erm, am, erm, venting my feelings out on them this way since that's just about the only power I have. Which means that there'll be lots of reason to hate everyone except Obi. [face_shocked]

Aunecah

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.