main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Time to Collect those Happy Thoughts Again

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by ZOOfo-Dyas, Mar 18, 2008.

1. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    update us on your puppy when you can, positive vibs coming your way.

2. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    Test results are in, have to wait till the vet gets in at one before they can release the results. So I will know sometime this afternoon I am hoping.

3. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    ew, sorry to hear that, how frustrating.

4. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    Thank you all for the happy vibes!!! I feel so much better now, his test results came back so much better than they should for a dog his age=) He just has to go on supplements to avoid another bladder stone, that is all. He has a follow-up appointment in a month.

5. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
  6. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    My dad is having eye surgery this afternoon to, as he calls it, "spot weld" his retina in place in preparation for a second attempt at cataract surgery (the first one didn't work out so well, so he's been with only one good eye for about 6 weeks now).

Also, one of his sisters (i.e., one of my crazy aunts) had a mastectomy on Friday.

7. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    ^^sending good vibes to you, your dad, and the docs performing the surgery.

SITH__CHICK likes this.
  8. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Thanks, Linda. I'm told it went well, but he's probably 6 weeks from being able to have his vision in that eye back.

9. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Nice to hear, crazy how they can do that. Q, I'm always sending you good vibes but you get extra ones right now.

10. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Thanks. It was a rough summer (at one point I had 4 people in the hospital at the same time), and it's stuff I can't put on FB.

11. Fontana

Fontana Jedi Padawan

Mar 23, 2011
    I haven't been on here in awhile but most of you know me and some of you know that my father has had terminal Pulmonary Fibrosis for the past 3 years and my mom has gone through ovarian cancer in that time too so my hubby and I have been full time caretakers for them. Last week we called in Hospice for my father as, even though he has been on the lung transplant list, it looked like he was not going to make it that long. Then on Wednesday night this week we got the call!

My Dad got a new lung!!! Hurray! Thanks to modern medicine he was able to get a lung that normally wouldn't have been transplanted but with the new Xvivo process (lung in a box) they can test a lung for hours before putting into recipient to make sure it works properly. He was the 6th person to get such a lung in the new testing process. We are so fortunate to have one of America's best transplant hospitals in our own backyard!

Now we are looking at weeks of driving from Greeley to University Hospital in Denver as he recovers and rehabs there. But whew, it was the 11th hour, and the miracle happened. I'm still in shock.

But saw the Wings Over the Rockies event and my daughter was really excited to go and help and honestly we can use a fun break - its been very serious around here for a long time. So - we will see you there!

FanForced, Katsu_MaRoy and Sarnia like this.
  12. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    That's fantastic news! [face_dancing] I don't think we've met, but I look forward to meeting you at WOTR!

13. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Happy to see you out and about, Michelle! And WAY TO GO DAD! That's awesome news.

14. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR star 3

Apr 27, 2009
    =D=Glad to hear things are looking up!

15. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    If you can spare some good thoughts for a friend of mine in the hospital for a PTSD episode, it would be much appreciated. I've been trying to help her as best I can, which is to say, holding her hand and listening, but she ended up in the hospital last night. [face_plain]

16. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007
    Sending positive thoughts. Good of you to help her and be a friend.

17. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    I hope your friend is ok sweetie HUGS

18. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Thanks, guys. She's not on suicide watch, so I'm glad for that, and tey're looking for a place better equipped to help her than Centennial Peaks.

nnaydolem likes this.
  19. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    hey guys...i didn't want to post this on FB as i have coworkers online.

My boss unexpected had to take ETO and i reached out to see what was going on. he said something ugly has come up. Which concerns me. he has two kids that he and his wife have and is a great husband and father. For him to say something UGLY that is NOT good. so if you would pray send good vibes, to help them in this time and how to handle whatever the situation is. I didn't want to press it, but he's been there for me several times...so yah. thanks a..

20. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    My mother (who also, I'm convinced, has fibro) came down with shingles yesterday.

21. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh no! I hope she gets better soon!

22. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007
    Sending hugs to you both.

23. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    Shingles stink!

24. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Sorry to hear that QHM. I hope that it isn't a bad case, and that she has a swift recovery.

25. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Thanks. They seem to have caught it early, but she had a bad reaction to the antiviral, so they gave her a different one and some anti-nausea medication. Hopefully that helps.