main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN TIMMYCON! planning thread / TC!2- The Return Of The Geeks!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Dork-Vader, Apr 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valeska

Valeska Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 2004
    Somebody tell Antone. His pic of Anakin on the suspiciousmindtrick boards was incredible! Of course I hope that Lin and Kevin will both submit something for the walls.

2. DarthMule

DarthMule Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2003
    I've got an old Luke on Bespin pencil drawing I did YEARS ago!

3. Valeska

Oct 30, 2004
    I don't think it would have to be Star Wars related.

Wait, did I just post that on a Star Wars board? 8-}

4. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    I'm sure I'll have something left over from the MSC/SEC-NCS meeting and art show a few weekends prior to that. I'll make sure to tell the artist guests to bring stuff- especially Wonton.

I know I've still got a few paintings around the house that would work.

Lin

5. kellilla

kellilla Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    I'm hoping I can scrape up a few artsy things to display... make myself actually do some work that's not school related for once.

6. StarBlazerM31

StarBlazerM31 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 8, 2005
    Guess I should get some prints made of that Darth Maul charcoal. Let's hope that Kinko's doesn't @$$molest me too bad.

-Darth Grace [face_skull]

7. DarthMule

Jun 6, 2003
    Grease 'er up before you go to Kinko's. Otherwise, Copymax (Officemax) has a giant printer that lets you make poster-sized prints!

8. Valeska

Oct 30, 2004
    Really? I never knew that!

We usually go to Kinko's to get my stories bound because they have a better selection for covers and binding.

9. DarthMule

Jun 6, 2003
    Kinko's DOES have THAT going for them. I've just always been bothered by them, though.

When I used to use them, I had to bring my copyrights in to get copies made of my ORIGINAL art, and they wouldn't let the signatures be the only deciding factor by matching them! This was EVEN AFTER they'd seen me a thousand times.

I struck up a GOOD relationship with the folks at OfficeMax on Winchester road, especially a dude named Kevin (figure that?) who could get things to print off and look exACTLY like I wanted them to look! So, they won me over. They've gone thru changes since I last used them, and I don't know what it's like there now.

10. Valeska

Oct 30, 2004
    yeah, we got the copyright fiasco once, then started going late at night when the staff doesn't seem to care.

11. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    It's official- TIMMYCON!2 will be 10,000 square feet of fandom!

Just heard from Patrick. We still can have the old Dollar store location next door to the haunt. We were afraid a new tennant was going to take it, but they won't move in until the first of November.

This is gonna be huge! :D

12. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Got new art done- will post soon. Had hoped to do some other art, but had to ditch that when the General Lee couldn't make it that weekend. Maybe I'll hang onto it for next year. Anyway- looks like TC!2 will be known as-

Timmycon
    EPISODE II
    Attack Of The Fans

I'll do up a few banner ads and we'll be doing postcards as well.

Start getting your stuff together, and if you don't have a table to bring- go get one!

Lin

13. Valeska

Oct 30, 2004
    After the Haunt ends we have exactly 10 days to get our stuff together for Vaderpalooza on Nov 11-13. Just letting everyone know that the hectic schedule does not stop at the end of October.

14. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    That's right, Gina. It's gonna be busy until Mid-November. The we'll probably take a break until December. (It'll be hard enough to get everyone together for a December meeting!)

Looking forward to seeing how TC!2 turns out this year. If we have the turnout we had last year, I'll be extremely pleased. I'll try to build a new TimmyCon page on the site tonight and make some changes on the site to hype it up a bit.

I saw the artwork, and I absolutely love it. Lin has outdone himself as always.

15. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Thanks- I'll get the final versions to you tomorrow. As soon as the postcards get in we can start blanketing the city. I'll get posters done for C&Cs, Comic Cellar, and the haunt. If anyone wants to print any out just let me know and I'll email you a jpeg of the art to use.

This should turn out to be a huge event this year. Ok, maybe not huge, but bigger than last year for sure! ;)

We'll have artists there- Steve Stanley from Atlanta will be coming up. Looks like we'll have a small comic art show from the MSCA going on this year, too.

Remember, if you want to have free table space at TC!2, you need to let me know by the weekend before so I can get it all laid out. Don't forget you have to bring your own tables (and chairs if needed), too.

Lin

16. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I definitely need space. I don't know if I have a table and my house looks like an AT-AT just plowed through it...but save me space.

17. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    I don't know if you already have me down, but I would like space, please.

18. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I don't think we'll have a problem with running out of dealer space.

19. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Ok gang, here's the skinny on TIMMYCON!2- the little con that could!

[image=http://www.suspiciousmindtrick.net/images/tc2poster.jpg]

Where:
    Nightmarez...STAGE FRIGHT!
    6600 Stage Road Suite 133
    Bartett, TN (Memphis)

When:
    Saturday
    October 29, 2005
    11am-6pm

Who:
    Members of the MSCA(MidSouth Cartoonists Association), SMT/Memphis Star Wars Fan Force, and Youth Villages.

Special Guest:
    Steve Stanley!
    www.stanleyart.com

What to expect:
    A little bit of everything and anything! Not to mention cake! (oops- I mentioned it!) There will be comics, toys, art, costuming, movies, trick-or-treating for the kids and more!

TC!2 is being combined with Nightmarez Kidz Day this year. Lots of families will be out for both events. Last year we had 300-500 folks attend Kidz Day, and 200+ show up for TC!1. Should be a great turnout!

Why?:
    It's a micro-con started by sci-fi and comic fans for fans!

How much? It's free, but a $3 donation to Youth Villages will get you into the haunt!

For more info check out-

http://www.suspiciousmindtrick.net

or

http://www.hauntedweb.com

I'm posting it on a few other boards as well. Feel free to, too!

Oh, and I've started a list of folks. I'll check it twice!

Lin

20. kellilla

kellilla Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    Sounds like it's going to be a blast!
    Ought to post it on the 501st southern outpost board, too!

21. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Having printing troubles! AAAARRGGHH!!!

Last year, we got 5000 postcard flyers for TC! for only $22. The cards themselves were free because they had the printing company's logo and ad on the back of them. All I paid for was for shipping. I went back to their site a few weeks back and saw where they still had the same offer. Well, I went to their site again this week and I can't find the offer anywhere, and the only comparable thing costs $150.00.

Anybody have any ideas or suggestions?

22. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    Wow, this sounds like fun. I wish the 501st could participate, but unfortunately we have three events on the 28th 29th and 30th that we do every year for Halloween in Nashville.

Maybe you could post it on the 501st board anyway, the Nashville events are mostly for the TN troops, maybe you could get some AL guys to come up.

23. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Question for anyone selling:

I have three friends from another fanfic board coming into town that weekend. They're all big 'ol Luke fans, like me, and I'd like to get them each a small Farmboy-type gift for that Friday evening (the 28th) when they arrive in town. I think they want to come to Timmycon, too, but I'd like to be able to wrap the gifts in advance.

Does anybody have any not-too-big and not-too-expensive Luke stuff that you'd be willing to sell me before Timmycon? I'd rather buy from you guys than eBay. [face_batting]

24. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    I'll try to remember to look, Trace.

25. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Nope- don't have any Luke or even any Luuke stuff.

BTW- where is the 501st boards. I know many post on the TFN ones here, and I posted a bit on TC!2 on the Nashville, SE, and Chattanooga boards. Let me know and I'll post it there, or if anyone posts there please feel free to copy and paste the info. I'd love to have some folks in armor show up.

Lin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.